Français  |  Mission  |  About us  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact  |  What's new  |  FAQ  |  Search  | 

Welcome to The Heritage Web Site

MY HERITAGE
New Heritage
Main Page
New Account
Set as Homepage
My Account
Logout
GOLDEN JUBILEE
Statistics
DIDARS
COMMUNICATE
Forums
Guestbook
Members List
Recommend Us
NEWS
Recent News
Timelines
Ismaili History
Today in History
LEARN
Library
Youth's Corner
Ginans
FAIR
FAIR-TV
Gallery
Photo Album
Others
Poll
Old or New Heritage Web Site?

· Old ismaili.net better
· New ismaili.net better
· No preference for me

Results | Polls

Votes: 559

www.ismaili.net :: View topic - Kalame Mowla
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   
Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

Kalame Mowla
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShamsB

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: But who wrote the KALAME MOWLA? Reply with quote

agakhani wrote:
Good to know all informations, very knowledgable, but my question remain the same, who wrote the "KALAME MOWLA" in Hindi (or whatever language you call, not the Urdu because Urdu was not exist that time) Pir Shams? or who? If pir Shams than he was born more than 900 years ago, my question is this: was Hindi language exist at Pir Sham's time 900 years ago? I think Sanskrit language had monopoly at that time since as per my study most Indian poems, scripture, history and ston inscriptions has been written in Sanskrit language.

Have you studied the ginans of pir shams?

Pir Nachi ne Kaathe Ginan Re ma?

Shams
View users profile Send private message
agakhani

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this your answer brother Shams? yes I read and listened this Garabi too many times the Garabi look like written in Gujarati language but my question was about existence of Hindi language during Pir Shams era and second question was who wrote the KALAME MOWLA in Hindi ? Which Pirs?
View users profile Send private message Send email
TheMaw

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agakhani wrote:
Is this your answer brother Shams? yes I read and listened this Garabi too many times the Garabi look like written in Gujarati language but my question was about existence of Hindi language during Pir Shams era and second question was who wrote the KALAME MOWLA in Hindi ? Which Pirs?
Pir Sadradin was born about 700 AH. At that time, the ancestor of Hindi-Urdu was in its formative stages, having been formalised after the conquest of the Punjab about two centuries earlier and subsequent movement east with the conquest of Delhi in 693 AH.

Whatever was written in that time would not have been written down, but remembered. As it was written down later, so would it have been written in the most current form of the language.

I don't know who wrote the Kalam-e Mowla.
kmaherali

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islam’s Great Striver: Hazrat Ali

http://simerg.com/literary-readings/islams-great-striver-hazrat-ali/
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agakhani wrote:

I believe the Heritage Society has the oldest Manuscript available of kalame Mowla and in it the author is said to be Pir Shams. In fact the first words are "Pir Shams kahe suno Mowla ka Kalam ka bayan..."
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
agakhani

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I believe the Heritage Society has the oldest Manuscript available of kalame Mowla and in it the author is said to be Pir Shams. In fact the first words are "Pir Shams kahe suno Mowla ka Kalam ka bayan..."

Thanks for information, it means that during the time of Pir Shams, Hindi language was existed along with Gujarati language, while Urdu language was started during the time of Mughal empires so it was not existed during time of Pir shams (s.a.)
One study show that Urdu language is not old more than 350 years, while Pir Shams was born around 900 years ago.
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may have been that language has evolved...
agakhani

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urdu language has been made taking and adopting some words from different languages like Hindi, Persian, Arabic, Punjabi, Gujarati and many other Indians subcontinent languages which were existed during Moghul empires.
It was first started among Mughal Army to keep secret of their attack plans from the enemies, but it spread rapidly and became more and more popular so that Mughal empires and many Muslim accepted as their mother tongue.
Urdu language is 'KHICHADA LANGUAGE' of many languages but it is very sweet and philosophical language specially in ghazal, sher- Shayari and kavvalis. It became more famous in 'NAWABS" era for "GHAZAL and MUJARA" and giving respects to each others.
You probably heard a story 'PEHLE AAP, PEHLE AAP, NAHI PEHLE AAP between two Nawabs, who missed the train in giving respect to each other who enter first in train but doing this they both missed the train!!.
star_munir

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hindi and Urdu language was there during times of Pir Shams. Hindi is very old language. Urdu language was developed during Mughal time (but was originated before that) during the time of Delhi Sultanate. Though it became popular among masses much later.
star_munir

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or otherwise it could have been translated by the devotees as W. Ivanow opined (just like in current times Farmans are translated in different languages).
agakhani

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Urdu language was developed during Mughal time (but was originated before that)

Thnaks Munir for your inputs, I agree that Hindi language was there during the time of Pir shams but not the Urdu language, as a residence of Pakistan I think you should know better than us about the history of Urdu language, it is historically proven that Urdu language is not more than 350-400 years old so basically Urdu language was not exist during pir Shams.
star_munir

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May be Pir Shams had composed the Ginan in Hindi language or otherwise it would have been translated later on by the devotees. However, I think Urdu language had started originating and evolving even before Pir Shams. This is because, if you will see historical background of Urdu, it emerged during Delhi Sultanate. When Ghori invaded India and formed permanent basis for the Muslim rule in Delhi, at that time Persian was the cultural and literary language of the rulers whereas Arabic was considered as religious language. However, in the royal courts, there were Turks, Arabs, Afghans, Local Indian (who spoke different languages including Brij Bhasha, Prakrit etc). Thus with the contact of so many people at one place (royal court) speaking different languages give rise to the new language which later came to be known as Urdu. However throughout the history, Urdu was called by different names such as Hindustani language, Dehalvi language etc
Urdu started originating that early..though it developed more in Mughal court and during later Mughal period it became very popular. Urdu evolved throughout the course of history and so was Hindi.
agakhani

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Munir,
Good to know about more detail on history of Urdu language, I would still like to add few my own thoghts as well, first of all let me confess that Urdu is a very sweet language and it is a language of respects, it is a language of poetry and knowledge. Many valuable Islamic literature has been translated in Urdu language because Urdu and Persian language has same alphabets and many same words, Urdu language is a golden treasures for non- Arabic and non- persian readers as long as Islamic literature are concerned. I noticed that many Arabic literature also translated in Urdu language for example Ibn Hisham, Muhammad ibn Jarir al-Tabari. Shibli Nomani and many Islamic scholars literatures are translated and available in Urdu but these translation is not made in other languages not even in English language yet.

Quote:
The language of the Muslims of Central and Southern Asia was Persian for the time between 1000 CE and 1700 CE. It was the language of the government, literature, and education. After the 1700’s, Urdu emerged as the dominating force replacing Persian gradually
agakhani

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There is at least one manuscript written in the 1800s' which claims that Pir Shams is the author of Kalame Mowla.

Quote:
Kalame Mowla is written by Pir Shams who has translated the sayings of Imam Ali,

I didn't agreed on above answers so I argued below:-

Code:
but my question remain the same, who wrote the "KALAME MOWLA" in Hindi (or whatever language you call, not the Urdu because Urdu was not exist that time) Pir Shams? or who? If pir Shams than he was born more than 900 years ago, my question is this: was Hindi language exist at Pir Sham's time 900 years ago? I think Sanskrit language had monopoly at that time since as per my study most Indian poems, scripture, history and ston inscriptions has been written in Sanskrit language.

Munir,

Thanks you rejuvenate this older post and believe me may be to find out the correct answer who wrote the Kalame Mowla? yesterday I just started to listen one old waez of Rai Dr. Abu Ali in my car, the detail is below:-

Waez # 173
Waez delivered date 9 August, 1987
Place: Elodea, Ontario
Title of Waez:- Dunia ghar Matamka.
Subject:- Kalame Mowla.

In this waez Rai saheb mentioned the history of Kalme Molwa, according him it was first composed some where after year 1800 by a grand son of Imam Hasan Ali Shah (s.a.) his name was Aga Shamsudiin ( not Pir Shams as wrote above) Aga Shamsuddin also wrote a famous Munajat 'ya ali Khub Mijalis Jinnat Karke Faras bichhayi Gali " also in Hindi language.
That prove that Pir Shams didn't composed "KALAME MOWLA" because that time Hindi language was not so popular but Aga Shamsuddin ( may be called pir Shams) composed 'Kalame Mowla' which is backing my arguments and questions above, please read my arguments in green coded color above.
star_munir

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this information and reference icon_smile.gif This matter is now clarified

Some times because of similar names such errors occur. For example one of the scholar Tazim Kassam in her well known book "Songs of wisdom and circle of dances" has included ginan "Navroj na din sohamna" among the ginans of Pir Shams. May be the word "bhare syed Shamsi" would have led to presume it as ginan of Pir Shams. Actually that ginan was composed by Syed Fateh Ali (his name is also there in ginan) at the time of Imam Khalilullah.

One thing I would like to add Sanskrit was not having monopoly as religious language at the time of Pir Shams. That was time when bhakti movement was on its peak. The preachers of bhakti movement preferred using local languages like Punjabi, Bengali, Gujarati etc instead of Sanskrit. One of the preacher of bhakti movement was "Kabirdas" who was living during the time of Sikandar Lodhi (and his name also appears in Brahm Prakash). He had said "Sanskrit is like the water in a well. The language of people is like the flowing stream"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ismaili.net Forum Index -> Ginans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: