MADAGASCAR: Didar date, events and testimonies

Dates, testimonies, articles, descriptions
A,Aamin

MADAGASCAR: Didar date, events and testimonies

Post by A,Aamin »

****Possible Date for MADAGASCAR GJ Darbar is 29 November am****

GJ Darbar in MADAGASCAR:
Today in London, UK there was a confirmed announcement in JK that MHI is visiting MADAGASCAR between the 26th and 29th Nov 07 and there will be a GJ Darbar during the visit.
Mubarak to everyone
Last edited by A,Aamin on Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Admin

Post by Admin »

There is a same day charter from Nairobi to Madagascar for Didar. Phone number 0733-767-777 Pankaj. Price is $850, visa is $50. You need Yellow Fever vaccination card.
nizarozina

Mubaraki & All The Very Best

Post by nizarozina »

Ya Ali Madad<BR><BR>Just to wish all the leader and volunteers of Madagascar Jamat ALL THE VERY BEST. May Mawla be with you'll all the time and help you'll to full fill HIS wishes to best of your ability. You are the lucky o&shy;nce. Whoever will be there please pray for all the ruhani's and world wide jamat's Muskilashan. May you all have a memorable Didar. Ameen
Admin

Post by Admin »

Hazar Imam has arrived in Madagascar this Monday 26th November.

Didar is confirmed on 29 November 2007 at 10am.

The Imam is residing at the Colbert where part of his staff [Semin, Paul, Garry] arrived earlier.

Again Didar is CONFIRMED for the 29th November at 10am

Admin
Last edited by Admin on Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

News and photographs/slide show at:

http://www.theismaili.org/madagascar.htm
Admin

Post by Admin »

Tons of Madagascar exclusif photos on www.ismaili.net this week end Inshallah!
asabzali

Post by asabzali »

For Complete Pics visit:

http://www.musicistan.net/photoblogs/mh ... lete-album

with regards,
layla

madagascar didar testimony

Post by layla »

As received [re-formatted by Admin]

“May I help you?" asked the volunteer in perfect English.

Antananarivo, Madagascar - 29 November 2007: Didar is in less then an hour, we are almost late. We are surprised by the language used by the volunteer; Madagascar is French speaking but we are immediately identified as new comers thus the use of English. We go through the screening process, leave our cell phone and enter the hall. The Darbar hall is superb! And big! About 3,000 Murids are sitting in payer. Al Waez Abdoul Hassam from Vancouver just finished a Waez in French. The atmosphere is filled with spiritual vibs. Hazar Imam has just arrived outside. Salwats are recited in a loud voice;

Hazar Imam enters the hall… louder and louder Salwats, he has his Jubilee robe, he is smiling, walking slowly, looking each Murid present, and giving blessings. Our Madagascar Jamat is truly an Imani Jamat and innocent also. No malice, no bureaucracy, no 32 camera spying on the Jamat in the Didar hall [Like they did in Nairobi]. The atmosphere is serene, peace. We forget for a moment we are on planet earth, everything looks different, the Light of the Imam is overwhelming, some start crying. Imam-e Zaman, Noor Mowlana Shah Karim al Husayni, 49th Imam in direct descent of Hazrat Ali ascended with majesty to his throne. We saw the Imam and all our sins were forgiven on that day. To look at Ali is Ibadah and Ali is sitting in front of us.

After the chain ceremony, a Murid came to recite the Quran. I don’t know who he was but he understood what the Imam is. He started immediately the recitation with Bismillah hir Rahman nir Rahim. The word Noorun Mubeen strikes our ears, yes “Noorun Mubeen”, you are here, and we see Thee, O Manifest Light. When he finishes the Tilawat, a lady brilliantly recites the French translation: “Nous avons fait descendre vers vous une lumiere manifestee!” – We have sent you a Manifest Light. We felt like we were in a Darbar, we felt like we were in the presence of the King of the Kings.

Four people followed for the recitation of the Ginan: “Asha Tamari Shri Ho Qayam Sami….”

When the Council President came to read in French the speech of allegiance, he was already emotional and remained emotional throughout up to his end. He said, Peace be on the Imam who is Commander of the faithful, Imam of the Time, the Grace and Mercy of Allah. He mentioned that Ismailis from many countries had joined here the Murids of Madagascar, Reunion, Comores, Maurice, Mayotte islands.

He thanked the Imam to have accepted to bless the Jamat and recognized his love for the spiritual children, he thanked for his Hidayats. Though there were difficult periods, Imam had started new institutions. He addresses the Imam as Spiritual father and Mother. He pledges on behalf of the Jamat to help consolidate the institutions. He pledged unconditional love and gratitude and reaffirmed our Bayats. He promised total allegiance, absolute loyalty as Pir and Murshid, love, devotion and obedience. He said many other sentences which I can not remember unfortunately. He prayed for the long life of the Imam. The Speech was short but to the point, whatever I could think of, he already said it.

Mowlana Hazar Imam started in French. He said, today he will be making a Farman [that’s the word he used] partially in French and partially in English so that the whole Jamat could understand what he wanted to communicate. It is the first time to my recollection that the Imam speaks to the Madagascar Jamat in both languages.

I have also relied on the memory of other people present at the Darbar to give the gist of the Farman, in particular an old Murid from Africa who has a splendid memory considering his age. And also some notes collected from the other Ismailis at the Darbar. But please forgive me if there are any discrepancies. Also attempting to understand both languages is not that easy. I wish I was fluent in both.

“Paternal and Maternal” Blessings to all Murids, their family and Jamats. Transmit to your family my blessings; tell them I think of them.

Jubilee Darbar is an occasion of happiness and the whole day should be of joy and that he had a smile on his face.

Gratitude and blessings to leaders and volunteers. He knew everyone had contributed to make that visit a happy one.

The Imam was completely relaxed as always when he speaks in French. He made few jokes and paused to let the Jamat applaud but no applauses where forthcoming because the Jamat was told Hazar Imam did not like applauses. I felt so ashamed; I wanted to clap but was afraid. Why can’t I show spontaneous happiness to my spiritual father, why am I restricted. Lord, hear the clapping in my soul, I am happy when you say your jokes, I share with you your happiness. Do not allow anyone to remove from your Murids this right of sharing your happiness with them, ever.

He said we should think about where we are heading in Madagascar, in East Africa and in this part of the world. We have been through difficult times since 1957, not only here but in Central Asia etc.. but we can see the future with confidence in East Africa and that was said very clearly. The way the past was should not be the base for our analysis.

1. There will be a deficit of Human resources. That was a condition to the progress, the youth should be educated and he will help to better our education but we should be involved ourselves. Life becomes longer, continuous education is necessary.

2. English: Universal language. He mentioned that he recommended in the 1950s’ to learn English as addition to the national language though it was a sensitive issue at that time.

3. Deficit of Human resource: a) Can we identify where our youth should prepare themselves. The answer is yes. Liberal professional will be fundamental to economic and social growth in Africa. [Education, Legal, Information technology etc..]. Liberal profession will become essential. B) Competitivity: African countries will become part of the world. Do associate between yourselves if you are in the same field. He said he knows that in the Jamat we have people that say “I love my independence”, Good but try to work together, try to fix the exit parameter in case something does not workout so that you can leave the venture with dignity, respect and in good terms.

4. He joked on the fact that now he knew a little bit of geography and Mozambique was not far, nor Kenya, Tanzania, Zanzibar, Uganda, RDC, Rwanda

The past leadership has help to build what you see today. The linkage between the past leadership and the present leadership is fundamental for the Jamat. Being past leader does not mean not to be involved in the future of the Jamat. Continuity is important. What has been started is just a beginning.

Hazar Imam then switched to English,

Din and Dunya, Faith and World. Be regular in the practice of your faith, think of your faith also outside the prayer hours, live with honesty and ethics. Seek support from you faith, call Allah, Ya Muhammad, ya Ali, the names of the Imams. You can not enter into faith and exit from faith in Islam, it is part of everyday life.

Building relations with the majority peoples [I think he insisted on the “s”] around you [Africans], they need this to find the correct courses. The immigrant communities are generally educated and well organized, keep ethical relations. The totality of population will move forward.

Build integrity in society so that the fracture does not happen.

It is a day of happiness and I am talking about important matters [He laughed]. He was visibly happy to say this. He said something like “we can be happy and still talk of serious matters.”

Again, convey to family and Jamat His best affectionate blessings. Good health, long life, unity of the families, and many others that I do not recall.

Mowlana Hazar Imam then sat to perform other religious ceremonies such as Abe Safa and Mehmani. He was given a present also. It looked like he asked the Mukhi if there was anything else to do but I think the reply was no… It did not look like he was in a hurry to leave, I think he wanted to stay more.. was he looking for a reason to stay more?

Again I cried in my heart and soul, so many times Hazar Imam has appreciated cutting the cake. He always become fatherly and full of love and always takes the occasion to make some jokes with profound meanings. No, no cake for the 50th anniversary of my Imam. How many times has he not said he was happy to cut the cake?

Where is the generosity and love we have just promised to our Imam? There is nothing left to do, we are not trying to retain him for few more minutes… just let Him go, let us cry in silence.

Hazar Imam comes back to the mike, he speaks in French first: he says that he was happy with our generosity for the material Nazrana and Nazrana of Time and Knowledge and the gift, I think he mentioned something like a very old text on an interpretation of Islam?

He said to the worldwide Jamat that this occasion of Jubilee was an occasion to strengthen the institutions, prepare the future for the generations to come and in that regards the Nazrana of Time and Knowledge in all fields was to be very important.

He says that all the countries he visits, he is told that the Jamat is admired, respected and bring your Jamat in our countries. This brings him immense happiness. What do you want a father to hear more then this? Imagine the happiness that I have. So we have to continue to build the understanding of Shia Ismailism. It is the root of our Tariqah that has to be understood. We do not need to explain ourselves. We have just to wait that they observe. And you may have notice that I myself am refusing to explain, I tell them go and see by yourselves what we are, what we are doing. We are starting to see the fruit of the work that you have done for centuries [yes he said centuries, imagine!] to build the institutions, the understanding of what is life and faith.

Best blessings for fulfillment of wishes and Mushkil Ashan.

He continued in English saying he will be leaving with a big smile on his face because he was very very happy. Again he said take my blessings to your families and your Jamats.

Bear in mind this is only the gist not a full transcript…

Jamalouddin.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Thanks for sharing this wonderful, interesting, comprehensive and enlightened description of the event. I got emotional reading it, so what must have been the actual experience!

Deedar Mubarak!!
layla

Post by layla »

Inshallah the full text will be read out in Jamat khana soon. And i totally agree with you, this is full of emotions. Mubaraki to all those who were present at this Darbar and for sharing their emotions with us.
shahzadumatiya

padhramni in india

Post by shahzadumatiya »

It iz true that mowla gives deedar to indian jamat ?
kmaherali

Re: padhramni in india

Post by kmaherali »

shahzadumatiya wrote:It iz true that mowla gives deedar to indian jamat ?
It was his intention to give Deedar to all Jamats - India included!
shahzadumatiya

Post by shahzadumatiya »

i hear something about deedar that maula hazer imam came to gujrat, sidhpur, patan village(abadpura) and gives deedar. it iz true ?
karimshah

Re: madagascar didar testimony

Post by karimshah »

layla wrote:As received [re-formatted by Admin]

“May I help you?" asked the volunteer in perfect English.

Antananarivo, Madagascar - 29 November 2007: Didar is in less then an hour, we are almost late. We are surprised by the language used by the volunteer; Madagascar is French speaking but we are immediately identified as new comers thus the use of English. We go through the screening process, leave our cell phone and enter the hall. The Darbar hall is superb! And big! About 3,000 Murids are sitting in payer. Al Waez Abdoul Hassam from Vancouver just finished a Waez in French. The atmosphere is filled with spiritual vibs. Hazar Imam has just arrived outside. Salwats are recited in a loud voice;

Hazar Imam enters the hall… louder and louder Salwats, he has his Jubilee robe, he is smiling, walking slowly, looking each Murid present, and giving blessings. Our Madagascar Jamat is truly an Imani Jamat and innocent also. No malice, no bureaucracy, no 32 camera spying on the Jamat in the Didar hall [Like they did in Nairobi]. The atmosphere is serene, peace. We forget for a moment we are on planet earth, everything looks different, the Light of the Imam is overwhelming, some start crying. Imam-e Zaman, Noor Mowlana Shah Karim al Husayni, 49th Imam in direct descent of Hazrat Ali ascended with majesty to his throne. We saw the Imam and all our sins were forgiven on that day. To look at Ali is Ibadah and Ali is sitting in front of us.

After the chain ceremony, a Murid came to recite the Quran. I don’t know who he was but he understood what the Imam is. He started immediately the recitation with Bismillah hir Rahman nir Rahim. The word Noorun Mubeen strikes our ears, yes “Noorun Mubeen”, you are here, and we see Thee, O Manifest Light. When he finishes the Tilawat, a lady brilliantly recites the French translation: “Nous avons fait descendre vers vous une lumiere manifestee!” – We have sent you a Manifest Light. We felt like we were in a Darbar, we felt like we were in the presence of the King of the Kings.

Four people followed for the recitation of the Ginan: “Asha Tamari Shri Ho Qayam Sami….”

When the Council President came to read in French the speech of allegiance, he was already emotional and remained emotional throughout up to his end. He said, Peace be on the Imam who is Commander of the faithful, Imam of the Time, the Grace and Mercy of Allah. He mentioned that Ismailis from many countries had joined here the Murids of Madagascar, Reunion, Comores, Maurice, Mayotte islands.

He thanked the Imam to have accepted to bless the Jamat and recognized his love for the spiritual children, he thanked for his Hidayats. Though there were difficult periods, Imam had started new institutions. He addresses the Imam as Spiritual father and Mother. He pledges on behalf of the Jamat to help consolidate the institutions. He pledged unconditional love and gratitude and reaffirmed our Bayats. He promised total allegiance, absolute loyalty as Pir and Murshid, love, devotion and obedience. He said many other sentences which I can not remember unfortunately. He prayed for the long life of the Imam. The Speech was short but to the point, whatever I could think of, he already said it.

Mowlana Hazar Imam started in French. He said, today he will be making a Farman [that’s the word he used] partially in French and partially in English so that the whole Jamat could understand what he wanted to communicate. It is the first time to my recollection that the Imam speaks to the Madagascar Jamat in both languages.

I have also relied on the memory of other people present at the Darbar to give the gist of the Farman, in particular an old Murid from Africa who has a splendid memory considering his age. And also some notes collected from the other Ismailis at the Darbar. But please forgive me if there are any discrepancies. Also attempting to understand both languages is not that easy. I wish I was fluent in both.

“Paternal and Maternal” Blessings to all Murids, their family and Jamats. Transmit to your family my blessings; tell them I think of them.

Jubilee Darbar is an occasion of happiness and the whole day should be of joy and that he had a smile on his face.

Gratitude and blessings to leaders and volunteers. He knew everyone had contributed to make that visit a happy one.

The Imam was completely relaxed as always when he speaks in French. He made few jokes and paused to let the Jamat applaud but no applauses where forthcoming because the Jamat was told Hazar Imam did not like applauses. I felt so ashamed; I wanted to clap but was afraid. Why can’t I show spontaneous happiness to my spiritual father, why am I restricted. Lord, hear the clapping in my soul, I am happy when you say your jokes, I share with you your happiness. Do not allow anyone to remove from your Murids this right of sharing your happiness with them, ever.

He said we should think about where we are heading in Madagascar, in East Africa and in this part of the world. We have been through difficult times since 1957, not only here but in Central Asia etc.. but we can see the future with confidence in East Africa and that was said very clearly. The way the past was should not be the base for our analysis.

1. There will be a deficit of Human resources. That was a condition to the progress, the youth should be educated and he will help to better our education but we should be involved ourselves. Life becomes longer, continuous education is necessary.

2. English: Universal language. He mentioned that he recommended in the 1950s’ to learn English as addition to the national language though it was a sensitive issue at that time.

3. Deficit of Human resource: a) Can we identify where our youth should prepare themselves. The answer is yes. Liberal professional will be fundamental to economic and social growth in Africa. [Education, Legal, Information technology etc..]. Liberal profession will become essential. B) Competitivity: African countries will become part of the world. Do associate between yourselves if you are in the same field. He said he knows that in the Jamat we have people that say “I love my independence”, Good but try to work together, try to fix the exit parameter in case something does not workout so that you can leave the venture with dignity, respect and in good terms.

4. He joked on the fact that now he knew a little bit of geography and Mozambique was not far, nor Kenya, Tanzania, Zanzibar, Uganda, RDC, Rwanda

The past leadership has help to build what you see today. The linkage between the past leadership and the present leadership is fundamental for the Jamat. Being past leader does not mean not to be involved in the future of the Jamat. Continuity is important. What has been started is just a beginning.

Hazar Imam then switched to English,

Din and Dunya, Faith and World. Be regular in the practice of your faith, think of your faith also outside the prayer hours, live with honesty and ethics. Seek support from you faith, call Allah, Ya Muhammad, ya Ali, the names of the Imams. You can not enter into faith and exit from faith in Islam, it is part of everyday life.

Building relations with the majority peoples [I think he insisted on the “s”] around you [Africans], they need this to find the correct courses. The immigrant communities are generally educated and well organized, keep ethical relations. The totality of population will move forward.

Build integrity in society so that the fracture does not happen.

It is a day of happiness and I am talking about important matters [He laughed]. He was visibly happy to say this. He said something like “we can be happy and still talk of serious matters.”

Again, convey to family and Jamat His best affectionate blessings. Good health, long life, unity of the families, and many others that I do not recall.

Mowlana Hazar Imam then sat to perform other religious ceremonies such as Abe Safa and Mehmani. He was given a present also. It looked like he asked the Mukhi if there was anything else to do but I think the reply was no… It did not look like he was in a hurry to leave, I think he wanted to stay more.. was he looking for a reason to stay more?

Again I cried in my heart and soul, so many times Hazar Imam has appreciated cutting the cake. He always become fatherly and full of love and always takes the occasion to make some jokes with profound meanings. No, no cake for the 50th anniversary of my Imam. How many times has he not said he was happy to cut the cake?

Where is the generosity and love we have just promised to our Imam? There is nothing left to do, we are not trying to retain him for few more minutes… just let Him go, let us cry in silence.

Hazar Imam comes back to the mike, he speaks in French first: he says that he was happy with our generosity for the material Nazrana and Nazrana of Time and Knowledge and the gift, I think he mentioned something like a very old text on an interpretation of Islam?

He said to the worldwide Jamat that this occasion of Jubilee was an occasion to strengthen the institutions, prepare the future for the generations to come and in that regards the Nazrana of Time and Knowledge in all fields was to be very important.

He says that all the countries he visits, he is told that the Jamat is admired, respected and bring your Jamat in our countries. This brings him immense happiness. What do you want a father to hear more then this? Imagine the happiness that I have. So we have to continue to build the understanding of Shia Ismailism. It is the root of our Tariqah that has to be understood. We do not need to explain ourselves. We have just to wait that they observe. And you may have notice that I myself am refusing to explain, I tell them go and see by yourselves what we are, what we are doing. We are starting to see the fruit of the work that you have done for centuries [yes he said centuries, imagine!] to build the institutions, the understanding of what is life and faith.

Best blessings for fulfillment of wishes and Mushkil Ashan.

He continued in English saying he will be leaving with a big smile on his face because he was very very happy. Again he said take my blessings to your families and your Jamats.

Bear in mind this is only the gist not a full transcript…

Jamalouddin.
thanks alot for sharing the spiritual moments with us. i felt for a moment myself being there when reading the description of entrance of maulana hazir imam in the hall.once again thanks for this good work.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Enjoy the video at:

[deleted by Admin]

The link has already been posted in the same thread, please do not post multiple times the same link in the same thread.

Admin
farrahjiven

Post by farrahjiven »

dear Jamalouddin.,
thanks alot for sharing your experience of deedar with us. it truly was very emotional.... makes me proud to be an ismaili
farrah