MOZAMBIQUE Didar date, events and testimonies

Dates, testimonies, articles, descriptions
A,Aamin

MOZAMBIQUE Didar date, events and testimonies

Post by A,Aamin »

GJ Darbar in Maputo:
Today in UK there was a confirmed announcement in JK that MHI is visiting MOZAMBIQUE between the 21 and 24 Nov 07 and there will be a GJ Darbar in Maputo during the visit.

Mubarak to everyone
A,Aamin

Re: MOZAMBIQUE Didar date, events and testimonies

Post by A,Aamin »

******Possible Date for Maputo GJ Darbar is 22nd November am.******
YAM
The Mozambique Golden Jubilee Darbar festivities will commence on November 21 till November 24, 2007.
Jamati members may register for Darbar at Jamatkhana, Darbar Hall. Registration will start from 15th Nov’07 and will close 2 hours prior to Didar
A welcome desk will be setup from 16th November at Maputo International Airport(MPM). Transportation will be provided to Jamati members from the airport to their respective hotels, Jamatkhana and Darbar Hall.
Last edited by A,Aamin on Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:41 pm, edited 6 times in total.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

There is a website setup at:

www.goldenjubileemoz.com
A,Aamin

Post by A,Aamin »

YAM kmaherali,
Many thanks for the website.
Last edited by A,Aamin on Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Important_Information

Post by Important_Information »

YAM
Thank you very much for this wonderful news, I would like to go but tickets price went up suddenly and now are very expensive from Portugal about $4600 return. Does any one know where I can get any thing with a little less price?
Regards
Kasim
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Important_Information wrote:YAM
Thank you very much for this wonderful news, I would like to go but tickets price went up suddenly and now are very expensive from Portugal about $4600 return. Does any one know where I can get any thing with a little less price?
Regards
Kasim
Price is determined by supply and demand, but do not despair if you cannot afford it. He will come to Portugal soon Insha allah!
nagib

Post by nagib »

Direct flights maybe be very expensive but if you try indirect flights, you will get cheaper prices [like going thrue South Africa or Zimbabwe. Maybe even Ethiopian Airlines], just do a search of all airlines landing to your destination.
A,Aamin

Post by A,Aamin »

Important_Information wrote:YAM
Regards
Kasim
Hi,Kasim
Since i saw your post about the high air fare, i started looking for a good price for you and the cheapest fare i found for you is £738 that is going from London LHR to MPM on 20th or 21st and return on 26th of Nov to London with south African Airline. And London return from lisbon is £147, so if you need to stay in london for a couple of days during this journey you are welcome to stay at my place. Please let me know in a private messsage if you would like me to send you the phone number/website where you can get ticket with this price. Good luck.
Aamin
shaksab13

Post by shaksab13 »

<P>There are still flights available to MPM and are for less than $4600.&nbsp; o&shy;ne can get business class (called top executive) o&shy;n TAP for around&nbsp;$3,800 - $4,000 return (which are lie flat bed seats and very comfortable and are still available for the necessary dates but you need to book quickly as they are selling out).&nbsp; Economy was around $1400.&nbsp; You need to get a cheap o&shy;ne-way fare to London (around £80 o&shy;n TAP).&nbsp; Then start your journey from London (you can buy this ticket from the London TAP office or over the phone or internet).&nbsp; London-Lisbon-Maputo-Lisbon-London.&nbsp; You dont have to do this in o&shy;ne go.&nbsp;When you book, ask them to include a stopover in Lisbon for you in both directions.&nbsp; Then the last coupon you have for lisbon-london you dont actually have to use (or you can use anytime within 12 months if o&shy;n a business ticket).&nbsp; The other options is with Etihad airways (excellent airline) - to Johannesburg - fare is £465 from London.&nbsp; Then, from JNB try and book with South African and LAM together (it is available as a combination of o&shy;ne way o&shy;n SAA and o&shy;ne way o&shy;n LAM (20 Nov, LAM to MPM in economy and 26 Nov, MPN to JNB in business) for a toal of about £250.&nbsp; You can call each of these arilines to book the necessary o&shy;ne-way fare).&nbsp; All the best.<BR></P>
Important_Information

Post by Important_Information »

Ya Ali Madad.
Thanks to everyone for helping me for my journey to Maputo. I now got the ticket via London with the help of A,Aamin for only £630- for full journey including accommodation. This will be my first GJ Didar.
Thanks to every one.
Kasim
rahim7886

Look @ this site for cheap tickets BIGTRAVELSEARCH.COM

Post by rahim7886 »

Important_Information wrote:YAM<BR>Thank you very much for this wonderful news, I would like to go but tickets price went up suddenly and now are very expensive from Portugal about $4600 return. Does any o&shy;ne know where I can get any thing with a little less price?<BR>Regards<BR>Kasim
<BR><BR>YAM<BR><BR>Look @ this site for cheap tickets BIGTRAVELSEARCH.COM<BR>
Zahra.bhojani

Post by Zahra.bhojani »

ya ali madad,
it feels wonderful to hear about the GJ in Mozambique.
well just a small request to all it's
dun use YAM its a vegetable, and we cant relate YA ALI MADAD with such a thing well it's very much valuable to us.
hum itna BIIG MSSG likh sakte hain but ya ali madad nahi!!
think about it!
regards
zahra bhojani
abby24

hmm...

Post by abby24 »

YAA ALI MADAD....
yes zahra i agree with ur point n i think all have to do complete yaa ali madad... coz in past em also habitual of saying only yam..... but sumbody has advise me for tht... now u r also giving a valid point... so i also insist every one to pls write complete yaa ali madad.. hope so u all wont do same in future...
and yes we all very much happy for the GJ event in Mozambique...
and we all praying for same in Pak .. May MOWLA gives us the ZAHIRI N BATINI DEEDAR soon.. Aamen.
ABBY
A,Aamin

Post by A,Aamin »

******Possible Date for Maputo GJ Darbar is 22nd November am.******
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

This is from another listserv (not by me!)

Ya Ali Madad all,

Have a few minutes so I thought I will just share some info with you.

The Darbar planning systems in Maputo are coming along fine.
Everyone is very excited and working feverishly to complete their
tasks on time. The International jamat is now coming in by the plane
loads. The volunteers in Hospitality are doing a wonderful job -
receiving all the Ismailis who are coming to the airport, collecting
their passports and getting visas processed and expedited. Visitors
dont have to worry about anything. Then they are transported to jk
to register for the access cards and volunteer thei services and
then to hotels. Their transportation to and from jk is looked after.
Every hotel in town is getting filled up.

The facility is now nearing completion. What a difference from what
it was, to what it is now. Absolutely brilliant atmosphere. All the
building work is subcontracted out. The site is a huge complex given
by the Govt to AKDN. It was in very bad shape just 5 weeks ago and
today the inside and the grounds have been transformed into a
beautiful place.

The few volunteers they have are working very hard and are very
enthusiastic. They are relying totally on International and National
volunteers (Portugal, Spain, Angola and Mozambique vols from out of
Maputo).

Jamatkhana will shift to the facility on monday or latest tuesday.
Music nights with Khursheed and a group from India are scheduled to
provide the entertainment aspect of it. Darbar is currently
scheduled for 22nd, but may be subject to change.

Madagascar is next from 26th to 29th.
Admin

Post by Admin »

As RECEIVED
--------------------

Subject: MHI arrived Maputo

Ya Ali Madad,

Mubaraki to all. Mawlana Hazar Imam arrived in Maputo this afternoon.

Yesterday in khane it was announced that the entire jamat is invited to be present at the airport to welcome MHI. The airport balcony was full and other areas around the airport was also lined with the jamat waving flags of Mozambique and the Myflag. There was a lot of excitement at the airport and on the tarmac. The lines of greetings were in the order of Ismaili leaders along the red carpet from the plane to the terminal and then perpendicular to that, at the end and along the tarmac was a long row of local Mozambiques followed by a huge contingent of Scouts from Portugal and Angola. And finally the Motorcade and its security. There were locals who were performing traditional african dances on the tarmac and were really pumping up the environment.

It was a beautiful hot day and the plane touched down on the runway at 3.30 as scheduled. MHI stepped out to a thunderous applause from the crowd who was overjoyed. As he met the dignitaries and came off the runner and started walking along the tarmac, he stopped at various times to acknowledge the local dancers. Then as he passed the balcony, to the delight of the jamat he waved and smiled to the jamat in the balcony. Then he proceeded on to the other dancing troupe, acknowledged the scouts and proceeded to the motorcade. This was a tremendous experience for the jamat. He was very happy.

Jamatkhana is now held at the facility from yesterday and there was entertainment of music and raas by a group from South Africa and Khursheed which the jamat enjoyed very much, yesterday and today. Yesterday in the afternoon as everyone was running against the clock to get jk ready for the evening, there was a power failure.... something that we have been dreading. To add to it, the backup generators also failed. But it was a good exercise to test out our backup systems for D day. So for about an hour or so, there was nothing we could do. Either we keep our eyes open and get accustomed to the dark, or we shut our eyes and dream in the dark..... the latter was the better choice to catch up on the 4 hours of sleep that we have been getting every night since we came here.

Today with everyone gone to the airport, it gave us the opportunity to roll up our sleeves and get to work instead of planning. So we ended up taking off the plastic covering on the carpets and the stage in the darbar hall, and at the last minute went to the airport.

40 degrees C in the sun..... but we are not complaining.

Abdul Meru - York Mills
Admin

Post by Admin »

http://www.akdn.org/news/2007november21.html

Press Release For Immediate Release

Aga Khan Praises Mozambique as a Valuable Model
for the Developing World

[Link to Mozambique page: Maputo, Mozambique, 21 November 2007 – His Highness the Aga Khan, spiritual leader (Imam) of the Ismaili Muslims, yesterday praised Mozambique as a model of successful post-conflict development and hailed the country’s economic performance and tenacity in overcoming difficulties.

“In an era when frustration often breeds cynicism concerning the possibility of progress, Mozambique can provide inspiration and encouragement to other post-conflict societies,” he said.

The Aga Khan, who is chairman and founder of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) with projects throughout Africa, noted that Mozambique's economic growth was one of the best in Africa despite continued problems. “The problems of poverty, disease and, illiteracy here are still enormous. But your recent progress has been built on sound principles – and for that reason, Mozambique has become a valuable model for the whole of the developing world,” he said.

The Ismaili leader made the remarks at an official banquet in Maputo, held in his honour by Mozambique's President, His Excellency Armando Guebuza, who invited him to the country. Mozambique was the first leg of the Aga Khan’s 9-day tour of Southern Africa that also includes Madagascar. The visit is the Aga Khan’s second to Africa since July 11, which marked the start of his year-long Golden Jubilee celebrations.

In his address, the Aga Khan said that Africa has been one of his central preoccupations during his 50-year Imamat, because of the century and a half of history of the Ismaili people in the continent and the independence movement of many African nations as they “began their journey toward stability and progress as self-governing countries.” The Aga Khan said he was proud to participate in the “great, continuing story of Mozambican progress.”

The Aga Khan announced that AKDN will expand its involvement in Mozambique to establish a garment factory, as well the country’s first microfinance bank. He also said the people of Mozambique will benefit from the construction of a new undersea high-speed fibre optic cable that will link Southern and Eastern Africa with Mumbai in India and Marseilles in France – a project co-financed by the Aga Khan Fund for Economic Development (AKFED) – the network’s economic development arm. The cable will also serve Kenya, Tanzania, Madagascar and Rwanda.

The Ismaili leader said he saw great potential in Mozambique as a tourist destination and announced more investments in that sector.

As he arrived at Maputo International Airport earlier in the day, the Aga Khan was greeted by Minister for Foreign Affairs and Cooperation, Alcinda Abreau, and a cheering crowd of local and visiting Ismaili community members, as well as troupes of traditional singers and dancers.

Today, the Aga Khan is scheduled to meet with Mr Eduardo Mulembwe, the President of the Assembly of the Republic of Mozambique, after hosting a luncheon in honour of Mozambique’s President Guebuza. On Friday the Aga Khan is expected to visit field projects in Mozambique’s north-eastern Pemba region before departing for Madagascar.

In Pemba's Cabo Delgado region, the Aga Khan Development Network is involved in rural support projects designed to reduce poverty in the remote areas of the country. The programme covers 146 villages and benefits 21,000 households.
Admin

Post by Admin »

Click on link below to see photo

Presidente Armando Guebuza com Sua Alteza Aga Khan (F. Timane)

SUA Alteza Aga Khan, Iman hereditario dos mugulmanos ismailis, que se encontra em Mogambique desde ontem, reafirmou o apoio aos programas de desenvolvimento em curso no pams, devendo langar em breve novos projectos nas areas social, cultural e econsmica. Aga Khan foi recebido ontem em cortesia pelo Chefe do Estado, Armando Guebuza, com quem trocou impressues sobre a situagco em Mogambique e, sobretudo, sobre os progressos na cooperagco com o nosso pams, que tem sido levada a cabo atravis da Rede Aga Khan para o Desenvolvimento.
Maputo, Quarta-Feira, 21 de Novembro de 2007:: Notmcias widartz

http://www.jornalnoticias.co.mz/pls/not ... entx/83046

-----------------

Langado o selo do Jubileu de Ouro de Aga Khan. (21/11/2007-14:00)

O Presidente da Repzblica, Armando Guebuza, participou hoje em Maputo no langamento de cinco selos para celebrar o Jubileu de Ouro do prmncipe Aga Khan, de visita a Mogambique.
Os selos ostentam o valor facial de oito, vinte, e trinta meticais.
Ontem, Aga Khan disse que a Rede que dirige esta preparada para o estabelecimento de um Banco Rural na zona norte do pams.

http://www.rm.co.mz/
Admin

Post by Admin »

As received

From "mehbs bandali" <mehbs2002@gmail.com>
To heritage@ismaili.net
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2007 06:35:33 +0300

Moçambique: Príncipe Aga Khan anuncia construção de fábrica de vestuários para exportação no país
Maputo, 21 Nov (Lusa) - O príncipe Karim Aga Khan, líder espiritual dos muçulmanos ismaelitas, anunciou hoje em Maputo que a sua fundação construirá, no próximo ano, uma fábrica de vestuários para exportação, em Moçambique.

Esta fábrica, adiantou, empregará, numa primeira fase, 700 mulheres moçambicanas.

Falando hoje num banquete oferecido pelo Presidente moçambicano, Armando Guebuza, Karim Aga Khan disse que o projecto deverá arrancar em Junho do próximo ano, "mas o seu sucesso vai depender da parceria, através de um ambiente de trabalho facilitador" por parte do executivo moçambicano.

O líder espiritual dos muçulmanos ismaelitas iniciou na segunda-feira uma visita de quatro dias a Moçambique, para visitar alguns dos projectos mais emblemáticos patrocinados pela fundação que ostenta o seu nome.

Num discurso proferido durante o jantar, organizado pela Presidência moçambicana, o líder religioso anunciou que a sua rede irá multiplicar os investimentos de cooperação no país, incluindo Moçambique num ambicioso projecto hidroeléctrico, situado em Bujagali, uma região de Uganda, ao longo do rio Nilo.

"A geração de energia e a electrificação rural é uma área crítica. Recentemente, o Fundo para o Desenvolvimento Aga Khan assumiu um papel financiador fulcral num dos maiores projectos hidroeléctricos na história de África, no Uganda - situado em Bujagali no Nilo Superior. Esperamos poder, agora, aplicar essa experiência nos projectos de Moçambique", disse

Karim Aga Khan lembrou que a sua fundação investiu, recentemente, num projecto de instalação de cabo de fibra óptica, que ligará África subsaariana e Oriental (incluindo Moçambique), com a cidade indiana de Mumbai e com Marselha, em França.

"Esta ligação irá possibilitar o acesso alargado, a baixo custo, das comunidades rurais de Moçambique, e irá requerer investimento adicional à estrutura de base existente", explicou.

Em Moçambique, o líder espiritual dos ismaelitas tem realizado diversas visitas oficiais no âmbito das comemorações do seu jubileu de ouro, que terminam a 11 de Julho de 2008.

Há dias, Karim Aga Khan visitou a província de Cabo Delgado, no norte do país, onde a sua fundação está envolvida em diversas iniciativas, como o Programa de Desenvolvimento Rural da Costa Litoral, visando melhorar a qualidade de vida das populações locais em áreas como a educação, saúde, capacitação da sociedade civil e desenvolvimento rural.

A propósito, disse ter constatado que os projectos de microcrédito estão a gerar novas oportunidades económicas (estimou que os mesmos tripliquem os três milhões de dólares ao longo de três anos), demonstrando, por isso, a sua disponibilidade de apoiar o que for necessário.

Em Pemba, capital provincial de Cabo Delgado, "tivemos a preocupação do presidente (do município) a respeito da falta de serviços financeiros em áreas rurais, e estamos preparados para dar resposta a esta preocupação ao estabelecermos um banco rural de microfinanças no norte de Moçambique", assegurou.

A Rede Aga Khan para o Desenvolvimento gasta aproximadamente 320 milhões de dólares por ano em actividades de desenvolvimento social e económico e opera com mais de 200 instituições de cuidados de saúde, incluindo nove hospitais, e mais de 300 escolas em países em desenvolvimento.

Proximamente, perspectiva criar uma universidade nos arredores da capital do país, Maputo.

Em Moçambique, a cooperação portuguesa é um dos parceiros da fundação Aga Khan, que dirige uma comunidade de 15 milhões de muçulmanos que vivem em cerca de 25 países, oito mil dos quais em Portugal.

MMT.

Lusa/Fim

© 2007 LUSA - Agência de Notícias de Portugal, S.A.
2007-11-21 17:50:01
comentar artigo
http://ww1.rtp.pt/noticias/index.php?ar ... &visual=26
Last edited by Admin on Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Admin

Post by Admin »

as received

ya ali madad
Dear All

Just came back from Deedar.

Hazar Imam was very ery happy.arrived at 10.30 am took a look of children's art and was really keen in looking the,

Then Hazar Imam entered the hall, Noor Noor was walking.
Had a beautiful place there . Hazar Imam passed twice there.
looked smiled and was saying Khanavadan

Farman was on how keen is hazar imam to develop this country
Spititual & Material balance

Donot forget your Dua Bandagi

Hazar mam when started farman mike was not working Hazar Imam laughed
second time Hazar Imam came to Mike it was working HI made a joky "we send man to the moon and cannot fix the mike"everybody laughed

Dua blessings to Ruhani members
Blessings for Happiness, Mushkil assan, Unity in the family Long life Good health.

When second time HI came to mike blessed again Happiness and all above blessings

and lastly said loudly Your Fulfilment of all your wishes and smilled.
Went to Jk in taxi early morning 1 am doors oped @ 4.00 am
Very well orgainised jamat only less thn 3000 and a huge hall but everybody sat comfortably.

i am tired, just had tea with s & g going to bed again to jk @6.00 p,
will write more tonight.

Mere Mowla ne Jubileeka aisa jalva dikhaya,ke janat se huraos tho aye pan sat asman se firasta bhi jamin par aa gaye

loves loves
nizarozina

Mubaraki

Post by nizarozina »

Mubaraki to all who attended Darbar of Mawlana Hazar Imam. May his blessing be with us all the time
kanize

Zahra.bhojani

Post by kanize »

Zahra.bhojani wrote:ya ali madad,<BR>it feels wonderful to hear about the GJ in Mozambique.<BR>well just a small request to all it's <BR>dun use YAM its a vegetable, and we cant relate YA ALI MADAD with such a thing well it's very much valuable to us.<BR>hum itna BIIG MSSG likh sakte hain but ya ali madad nahi!!<BR>think about it!<BR>regards<BR>zahra bhojani
<BR><BR>Yes, I totally agree with you and thank you for making that suggestion.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Enjoy the video clip of the visit at:

http://theismaili.org/moz3.htm
Admin

Post by Admin »

Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 02:21:36 -0500

Sent via wireless.
AS RECEIVED

We were picked up by Volunteers in a bus from our hotel at 4 am, got to the Didar hall at 5
It was warm tropical day.
Not that busy at the complex.

Got thru security and into the hall in 10 minutes And ushered into the Darbar hall, which was truly amazing. Simple but very elegant.
One of the best I have ever see,

Looked like we were in this huge tent, everything was white and gold, very simple but very classy and felt as if were truly here to spend the GJ.
After dua the Intezaar program started and was very good with a good balance, an updated video depicting the glorious 50 years as well as Firmans, Ginans, Qasidas.

Waez by Karim Gulamali, who was the missionary on duty.

The night before, we came back to from JK, where I was lucky to have helped with registrations, at 12.30am.

Some people were waiting at front desk trying to get a room, as everything in the city was full. We offered to take 1 person and later 3 ladies came up and said they didn't have anywhere to go, so by the time we sorted it all out it was 3am so we had only 1/2 hour sleep.

I was worried we would be tired but the energy in the Darbar hall was such that we were totally alert as well as refreshed.
Before we knew it was 10am and we were asked to settle in as HI was expected soon.

At about 10.20 he arrived and spent about 5-10 minutes looking at the art and paintings by youths in the Foyer.

He spent 10-15 minutes in his private lounge ad entered the hall with M/K and was beaming and started his walk on the red carpet runner.

Moez, Nafisha, Yasmin and I were sitting at the T in the runner so could see Him squarely for quite a while. Local Jamat was in the front-which was good.

He was in his GJ Jabbo and was glowing.
After he sat down, the president from the council for Portugal(Madagascar in that jurisdiction) made a very emotional and a powerful speech, similar to the July 11th speech, and I don't think there were any dry eyes.
He mentioned all the countries that were represented here today.

After that the Chain as well as traditional ceremonies.
Hazard Imam stood up and started with what a wonderful job the Volunteers had done organizing the visit.
He realized the jamat and and the volunteers were small in #s versus the visiting Jamat (Approx 4-500 local Jam at, 1000 more Portugal, Angola and SA and 1000 more from outside. Total 2500-3000)

"This looks like a Palace. When I walked in I didn't know whether I should trust my eyes or believe my mind (referring to the run down original building that was converted)"

He then thanked the jamat for TKN and regular Nazarana, and talked about while much was been done much more needs to be done and this TKN will help Build Capacity at various projects and our institutions.

He said he is happy that governments of various countries are recognizing the work of the institutions and are coming to Him and asking what we can do for them. He seemed very "Content and proud" when he said that.

He said while the future held promise for most of the countries, sadly not all.

There is no way I can even attempt to give you the Firman in any detail but here is what he touched on

Importance of Practice of our faith.
Eliminating the poverty, particularly need for shelter
Working with the Muslim brotherhood-not just Shia.
Ruhani dua.
Mushkil assan for all the Jamats around the world.
Asked us all to deliver that message to you all.
There were some sound issues.
He Joked " we can put a man on the moon but can't get a loudspeaker to work right. Those are the inconsistencises of life"

He was in the hall for it seemed a while maybe 1 hour or more
And he made another Firman and started walking on the red carpet again towards us and into the lounge and spent almost another 1/2 hour with the leaders and then left.

Mukhi Saheb came back and said Mowla was very happy indeed and particukarly the volunteers and the organization.

We rememebered you all individully and were in our heart and prayers.
We feel very blessed to be here.
Mumbaraki and Shukhar.

==============
PREVIOUS….

Just having a cafe con leche on the beach.
Didar tomorrow at 10
Dadar hall 1 hour from town
AKDN complex that is renovated for Didar
Absolutely breathtaking, when you realize 2 weeks
ago it was rundown warehouse
Will bring photos
Met Shafiq Sachedina last nite.
Lots of excitement but small Jamat, mostly India
Pakistan New immigrants(2-5 years)
250 catering for 3000 foreigners
Madagascar Didar 2* or 2*
We have tickets, no accommodations booked.
Volunteers at the Maputo airport treated everyone
like royalty but you can see they are fatigued.
Hardly any Locals speak english.
Our broken spanish(close to portuguese) is getting
us by.
I am so grateful we made it for Didar.
We will be thinking of you all.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Mawlana Hazar Imam’s Visit to Mozambique
http://theismaili.org/moz.htm

Friday 23 November 2007
Mawlana Hazar Imam today travelled to two villages in the heart of Cabo Delgado to review projects supported by the Aga Khan Foundation, Mozambique. Situated in the northernmost district of Mozambique, Cabo Delgado is among the poorest districts in the country, with a life-expectancy of only around 36 years.

The Aga Khan Foundation's Coastal Rural Support Programme is implementing an integrated rural development programme in this district, combining improved agricultural techniques, education and health initiatives and a microfinance programme.

Mawlana Hazar Imam walked through the village speaking to the elders and teachers, pausing at the village's literacy centre where he met a group of young literacy students and their instructor. Hazar Imam also spent some time with students and teachers of the primary school in the village and thereafter walked to the preschool where he spoke with the teacher on the issues facing preschool children.

Following this visit, Mawlana Hazar Imam went on to Ibo Island, where he was able to review income generation activities made possible through the support of the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM). At the renowned Fort Sao Jao Baptista, he viewed the detailed filigree work of silversmith groups, flower artisans, a carpenter and agriculturalists.

Thursday 22 November 2007
This was the day eagerly awaited by the Jamat of Mozambique and all those who had made the special visit from other countries to see their Imam. Thousands of murids from Mozambique, Portugal and across the world, gathered in the once empty premises of the Texlon factory, now splendidly renovated and decorated for the occasion. President Amirali Bhanji of the Ismaili Council for Portugal submitted a loyalty address on behalf of the Mozambique Jamat, which falls in that Country’s area of jurisdiction. As he arrived into the hall, Hazar Imam took the time to look at a display of paintings and works of art by children of all ages from the Mozambique Jamat.

Later in the day, Mawlana Hazar Imam departed for Pemba and was received by the Governor of Cabo Delgado province, Eliseu Joaquim Machava.

Wednesday, 21 November 2007
This day started with Mawlana Hazar Imam hosting a reception at the Polana Serena Hotel for the Diplomatic community, international organisations and donor agencies.

The reception was followed by the unveiling of an official collection of Golden Jubilee commemorative postage stamps for Mozambique by President Armando Guebuza and attended by several government dignitaries. The five stamps portray images of projects supported by AKDN in Mozambique as well as the Maputo Jamatkhana.

After the official unveiling of the stamp collection, Mawlana Hazar Imam hosted a lunch in honour of President Guebuza. Later in the day, Hazar Imam met with the President of the Assembly of the Republic, Eduardo Mulembwe. “We will do our utmost to ensure that your projects find space to develop,” said Mr Mulembwe after the meeting, assuring Mawlana Hazar Imam of the country’s sincere commitment to support the development mission of the AKDN and the Imamat.

Tuesday, 20 November 2007
Mawlana Hazar Imam arrived in Maputo, Mozambique on the second series of his Golden Jubilee visits in Africa. Amidst colourfully-clad traditional dancers and singers, Hazar Imam was welcomed by Mozambique’s Minister for Foreign Affairs and Cooperation, Alcinda Abreu, Vice Minister of Finance, Pedro Couto, Director of Europe and America (Ministry of Foreign Affairs) Fernanda Lichale as well as other government dignitaries, leaders of the Jamat and AKDN. Hundreds of members of the Jamat from all over the country and around the world, including many from Portugal were also present for this happy occasion.

Only a few hours after his arrival, Mawlana Hazar Imam held official talks with President Armando Guebuza at the Ponta Vermelha Presidential Palace. Hazar Imam then attended a state banquet hosted by the President in his honour. Here he spoke with optimism about the future of Mozambique, and praised Mozambique as a valuable model for the developing world. “Your growth record is one of the best in Africa – built on neither diamonds nor oil – but on the development of human potential and the consolidation of the democratic processes,” he said in his speech.

> Back to top
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

--- In Batunimurid@yahoogroups.com, Sameer Masalawala <sam_200391@...> wrote:
>
> Lakho Lakho Mubarakies to all ismailies over the world. MHI has grants
> us Darbar. Some facts about his Darbar in Mozambique Maputo
> 1. He was very happy for his visit in maputo
> 2. Begining of the farman by remembering volunteer and his work. lots
> of blessings given to all volinteers
> 3. All jamat was invited at Maputo international airport to receive
> MHI. four times he said raise his hand for jamat.
> 4. He spent 10 min before darbar and 40 min after darbar in his lounge
> and he said to jamati leader that "i feel that m in a palace" He rarely
> spent such long time to any lounge.
> 5. He was in the darbar hall for 40 min and his IRSHAD is around 20 min.
> 6. More or less 3000 jamati members were presence.
> 7. All jamat, Imam and volunteers were very happy for this wonderful visit.
>
> Thanks a lot for you prayers and we will also pray for you as wel.
> Sukhar mowla mubarakies to all of you once again.
>
>
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

MHI at work in Mozambique. See AKDN video at:

http://www.akdn.org/news/2007november23_video.html

And the slide show at:

http://www.akdn.org/news/2007november23_show.html
Admin

Post by Admin »

Testimony

Subject: Deedar - Maputo

Forwarding as Received

Ya Ali madad

Dear All

Just came back from Deedar.

Hazar Imam was very ery happy.arrived at 10.30 am took a look of children's art

And was really keen in looking the,

Hazar imam was very impressed with the compex said in farman I was told complex, but it was like entering palace,

And congratulated all volunteers for their excellent seva in setting up this complex.

Then Hazar Imam entered the hall, Noor Noor was walking.

Had a beautiful place there . Hazar Imam passed twice there.

Looked smiled and was saying Khanavadan

Farman was on how keen is hazar imam to develop this country

Spititual & Material balance

Donot forget your Dua Bandagi

Hazar mam when started farman mike was not working Hazar Imam laughed

Second time Hazar Imam came to Mike it was working HI made a joky "we send man to the moon

And cannot fix the mike"everybody laughed

Dua blessings to Ruhani members

Blessings for Happiness, Mushkil assan, Unity in the family Long life Good health.

When second time HI came to mike blessed again Happiness and all above blessings

And lastly said loudly Your Fulfillment of all your wishes and smilled.

Went to Jk in taxi early morning 1 am doors oped @ 4.00 am

Very well organised jamat only less thn 3000 and a huge hall but everybody sat comfortably.

Hazar Imam is very keen in developing Mozambique , the Maputo Jk is so very beautiful

Every night there is dinner after jk prayers variety of foods unbelievable.

Then music party and dadia ras garba.

After deedar there were so many snacks varieties that did not know what to take and what to leave,then atnight

There is Biriyani and lapsi monthar variety of deserts .

Tonight 23rd is dinner then music party singers from India have come speccially for this occasion.

Hazar Imam was very very happy, whatever Mukhi told him, HI would just nod his head

And say yes .

During deedar a lady said the Quran Ayaat, wow so beautiful HI just stared at her, then the Ginan

Dasi choo teri, then the president said pledges on behalf of the jamat 8 pledges.

And then the Chain, and the gift presented ,hazar Imam was just smiling and laughing all the time.

HI left darbar @11.40 am.

This is the updated of my previous email.

Mere Mowla NE Jubileeka aisa jalva dikhaya,ke janat se huraos tho aye pan sat asman se firasta bhi jamin par AA gaye

Added

Blessings to all here and your families wherever they are and your jamats blessings for happiness

Mushkilassan long life unity in the family and all your wishes success.

Congratulated volunteers for magnificent work done in Maputo and making a Darbar a success.

My eyes did not relate to my thoughts when I saw this magnificent Complex turned into Palace

(complex land was donated by the Mozambique govt.to HI.)

Said I am blessed to have so many dedicated volunteers best best blessings.

Thanked the Mozambique president and govt.officials for a wonderful welcome,and said he had a excellent discussion for progress of this country.

Post cold war difficulties is over and said to look for future with hope.HI said he wants to give opportunity and ability

And capacity and develop these African countries. Before these countries were called despondency, I donot believe in this as even besides Africa countries other countries were, but Africa countries providing wisdom unity and common goals we will be able to sustain with confidence. With quality of life.

I am very very happy world wide jamat gave nazarana and time and knowledge nazarana which will bring best of standards.

Ethics of Islam is world wide jamat to be united , and practice of faith dua bandagi in individual search for roshni is our tradition and is the reality.if you will find roshni will give you stability confidence and will be able to face all difficulties.

Blessed ruhani members for peace and happiness.

A gift was presented to HI by mukhi/ kam of Maputo jamat. Hazar imam accepted with great pleasure.

The plaque was of Ivory with five panels in the centre was ayat engraved chapter 94 (year I donot remember)but was ancient.

Hazar Imam stood and made farman, I am a Very Lucky father to have so many children and are doing so well , how can I not be happy. Govt. Is asking me to develop countries and bring my jamat to this countries. And said mubarak.

HI blessed Mozambique Jamat and the International Jamat with blessings blessings and blessngs

This is my point of view what I understood,

Aval sufro went for Saat Lakh dollars USA (seven hundred thousand)

All Rooms that were being used for Dinner, Music party etc were given names from Islamic Cultures

Like Al hambra etc etc

Love you all
asabzali

Post by asabzali »

For Mozambique Visit Album:

visit:

http://www.musicistan.net/photoblogs/mh ... ete-album/

with regards,