The sword presented on Golden Jubilee

Discussion on R&R from all regions
arzimood

The sword presented on Golden Jubilee

Post by arzimood »

Imamat Day & Golden Jubilee Mubarazz to all Aga Khanis across the globe!

The movie capturing the entire ceremony showed that a sword was presented to Imam (A.S.). Was it Zulfiqar?
zubair_mahamood

Re: The sword presented on Golden Jubilee

Post by zubair_mahamood »

arzimood wrote:Imamat Day & Golden Jubilee Mubarazz to all Aga Khanis across the globe!

The movie capturing the entire ceremony showed that a sword was presented to Imam (A.S.). Was it Zulfiqar?
I might be wrong but how can Imam’s Sword be presented to Him…?

I read some where that Imam must have Sword Zulfaqar and a crown which has secret name of Allah…. I asked my friend about zulfiqar, where it is now and can we see it? She said she don’t have much knowledge of the Sword, she said it might be a spiritual present with Mowla…. Does anyone has info of zulfiqar? thanks

Zubair Mahamood
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

The following is an excerpt of an article about the takhtnashini ceremony which mentions the symbolism of the sword being presented to the Imam.

"The beautifully ornamented and jewelled "Sword of Justice" was placed in the hands of Mowlana Hazar Imam by Count Fatehali Dhalla. This sword was also worn by Imam Sultan Muhammad Shah when he was installed the Imam and signified that Imam is the "Defender of Faith". "

http://ismaili.net/news/571019.html
arzimood

Post by arzimood »

The reference linki provided says:
"The ring had been used as a seal for communications from Imams to the followers throughout Ismaili history,"

I have heard that the Imam-e-Zaman is in possession of the following:
1. Zukfiqar (Sword of Hazrat Ali A.S.)
2. The Quran compiled by Hazrat Ali A.S.
3. Ring that was passed on from Prophet PBUH onwards, which can mark on any stone.
4. The ten Commandments of Moses

All those things that hold significance in the history of Islam. Has any one come across any incident or articles where any of these was mentioned?
Jani

Post by Jani »

The physical sword Dhulfikar is currently in Topkapi Museum in Istanbul together with a portion of the origianl door to Kaaba as well as other relics.
zubair_mahamood

Post by zubair_mahamood »

Jani wrote:The physical sword Dhulfikar is currently in Topkapi Museum in Istanbul together with a portion of the origianl door to Kaaba as well as other relics.
r u sure? can we see it...... Did u see it.....
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

I have also heard the sword Zulfiqar is in some museum but I am not sure about it.