FARMAN MUBARAK [SYRIA]

Put your inspiration poems or quotes here...
star_munir

FARMAN MUBARAK [SYRIA]

Post by star_munir »

Irshad Mubarak of Mowlana Hazar Imam Shah Karim Al Hussaini Agakhan, Salamieh, Syria Saturday, November 10, 2001 Bismillah-Al-Rahman-Al-Rahim My Beloved Spiritual Children, my brothers and sisters in Islam and other faiths Assalam-0-Alaikum This is for me a day of special happiness on being back amongst you after a long interval. My family and my Jamat have long and deep historical roots in Syria. At the outset of this Irshad, I wish to express my warm gratitude to his Excellency President Bashar-Al-Assad and his government for their generous invitation and for the many kindnesses and courtesies they have extended to me during my stay in Syria. I am aware of all the effort, time and other resources which volunteers and innumerable people from all walks of life have offered, to make my visit and this gathering possible. I express to all of them my warm and deep gratitude, and my admiration for their collective effort. In recent years, human society has, sadly, witnessed a polarization of differences amongst people in all forms of conflict. Practically no continent and no faith has been spared, and in a number of situations, inequities, some of historic origin and others more recent, have exploded into brutal conflict. Entire communities of ethnicity or faith, or both, have been, or are, threatened whether it be here in the Middle East, in Western Europe, in Central Asia, or in Southeast Asia, or in Africa. This is a situation, which I deplore and which cannot be acceptable to any individual who aspires to live life in peace, in dignity and in security. It is reasonable for all to live and work in the hope that a better quality of life can be achieved for future generations. There is hardly any country in the world whose population is made up of men and women of one single ethnic background, or one single faith. It is thus clearly evident that peace in the decades ahead can only be achieved when the pluralist nature of human society is understood, is valued, and I built upon, to construct a better future. In Islam, the pluralism of human society is well recognized, and the ethics of its multiple interpretations require that this diversity be accorded respect. The Shahada, La-Illaha-Il-Allaah-Muhammad-ur-Rasulilah – binds a thousand million people who over the centuries, have come to live in different cultures, speak different languages, live in different political contexts, and who differentiate in some interpretations of their faith. Within the Ummah, the Ismaili Jamat reflects much of the same pluralism. The plurality of the Muslim world is not just an irreversible historical fact, but it is a strength for which we must be grateful, and a strength that must be continuously harnessed to the building of the future with in the ethics of Islam. Any differences must be resolved through tolerance, through understanding, through compassion, through dialogue, through forgiveness, through generosity, all of which represent the ethics of Islam. I urge upon you all, that you build warm relations with each other here in Syria, and elsewhere, and that together, you respond to the challenges which life may put before you. It is with deep happiness and admiration that I note that here in Syria the principles of tolerance, brotherhood, and mutual supports amongst communities are already well established. This will contribute to strong collaboration in identifying and analyzing social and economic challenges that lie ahead, and in determining how best to anticipate and to respond to them. No doubt, one of them will be the new global context in which countries, or regions, will be in competition with each other, to develop a better quality of life for their populations. In the forthcoming decades, countries, institutions, organizations and programmers, to be effective, will need to be increasingly competent in whatever they are doing. Today, and even more so for generations to come, that will require more consideration to be given to meritocracy. Syria, like every country in the world, will need to respond to this challenge, and I am happy to be able to say today that during the visit, a context has been set whereby all the agencies of the Aga Khan Development Network will be positioned to contribute to the future economic and social strengthening of Syria, its peoples and its institutions. We hold in common many convictions about he best way to build the future., including our trust and confidence in pluralism; a need to respond to the challenges of modern global society, a need to make decisions and prepare for institutional leadership through meritocratic processes; the need for society to draw strength and direction from shared ethical principles, including generosity in the use of the intellect, professional competencies and voluntary service. To the younger members who are present, I urge you to remember that in today’s world of accelerating change, education is and should remain a lifelong process. It is only by investing continuously in your intellectual capacities that you can hope to survive in the world of tomorrow. Islam enjoins upon us and on every individual the maintaining of a balance between spiritual life and material well being, and to ensure that his or her material endeavors are underpinned by the ethical principles of Islam. This balance between din and dunya entails not only the fulfillment of the individual’s spiritual obligation but also of the obligation to acquire knowledge and to use it for the benefit of others. To all my spiritual children who are present here today, and to your families, wherever they may be, I give my most affectionate loving blessings for barakat, and the resolution of whatever difficulties you may be facing. My brothers and sisters in Islam and other faiths should be assured that my deep and heartfelt prayers are with you, for your peace, your unity, and for your happiness. Khanavadan, Khanavadan, Khanavadan.
Admin

Post by Admin »

Posted: 06 Oct 2003 09:16 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do not post entire farman here.

I don't object to a couple of lines of quote on the subject discussed but it is our policy that this web site which is publicly accessible, though only to members, should not have any farmans.

I am not deleting this one as the information officier in Aiglemont has already given it almost enterely in a press release to Syrian non-Ismailis journalist in November 2001... God know why?

Admin
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Admin wrote:
I am not deleting this one as the information officier in Aiglemont has already given it almost enterely in a press release to Syrian non-Ismailis journalist in November 2001... God know why?

Admin
At the beginning of the Irshad Mubarak, it is stated people of all faiths. Hence this message is for the entire humanity.

There is no harm in distributing it to everyone!

Can you format the message properly in paragraphs so that it is more readable. It is a nice message. K
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Irshad Mubarak of Mowlana Hazar Imam Shah Karim Al Hussaini Agakhan, Salamieh, Syria Saturday, November 10, 2001

Bismillah-Al-Rahman-Al-Rahim

My Beloved Spiritual Children, my brothers and sisters in Islam and other faiths Assalam-0-Alaikum

This is for me a day of special happiness on being back amongst you after a long interval. My family and my Jamat have long and deep historical roots in Syria. At the outset of this Irshad, I wish to express my warm gratitude to his Excellency President Bashar-Al-Assad and his government for their generous invitation and for the many kindnesses and courtesies they have extended to me during my stay in Syria. I am aware of all the effort, time and other resources which volunteers and innumerable people from all walks of life have offered, to make my visit and this gathering possible. I express to all of them my warm and deep gratitude, and my admiration for their collective effort.

In recent years, human society has, sadly, witnessed a polarization of differences amongst people in all forms of conflict. Practically no continent and no faith has been spared, and in a number of situations, inequities, some of historic origin and others more recent, have exploded into brutal conflict. Entire communities of ethnicity or faith, or both, have been, or are, threatened whether it be here in the Middle East, in Western Europe, in Central Asia, or in Southeast Asia, or in Africa. This is a situation, which I deplore and which cannot be acceptable to any individual who aspires to live life in peace, in dignity and in security. It is reasonable for all to live and work in the hope that a better quality of life can be achieved for future generations.

There is hardly any country in the world whose population is made up of men and women of one single ethnic background, or one single faith. It is thus clearly evident that peace in the decades ahead can only be achieved when the pluralist nature of human society is understood, is valued, and I built upon, to construct a better future. In Islam, the pluralism of human society is well recognized, and the ethics of its multiple interpretations require that this diversity be accorded respect. The Shahada, La-Illaha-Il-Allaah-Muhammad-ur-Rasulilah – binds a thousand million people who over the centuries, have come to live in different cultures, speak different languages, live in different political contexts, and who differentiate in some interpretations of their faith.

Within the Ummah, the Ismaili Jamat reflects much of the same pluralism. The plurality of the Muslim world is not just an irreversible historical fact, but it is a strength for which we must be grateful, and a strength that must be continuously harnessed to the building of the future with in the ethics of Islam. Any differences must be resolved through tolerance, through understanding, through compassion, through dialogue, through forgiveness, through generosity, all of which represent the ethics of Islam. I urge upon you all, that you build warm relations with each other here in Syria, and elsewhere, and that together, you respond to the challenges which life may put before you. It is with deep happiness and admiration that I note that here in Syria the principles of tolerance, brotherhood, and mutual supports amongst communities are already well established. This will contribute to strong collaboration in identifying and analyzing social and economic challenges that lie ahead, and in determining how best to anticipate and to respond to them.

No doubt, one of them will be the new global context in which countries, or regions, will be in competition with each other, to develop a better quality of life for their populations. In the forthcoming decades, countries, institutions, organizations and programmers, to be effective, will need to be increasingly competent in whatever they are doing. Today, and even more so for generations to come, that will require more consideration to be given to meritocracy. Syria, like every country in the world, will need to respond to this challenge, and I am happy to be able to say today that during the visit, a context has been set whereby all the agencies of the Aga Khan Development Network will be positioned to contribute to the future economic and social strengthening of Syria, its peoples and its institutions. We hold in common many convictions about he best way to build the future., including our trust and confidence in pluralism; a need to respond to the challenges of modern global society, a need to make decisions and prepare for institutional leadership through meritocratic processes; the need for society to draw strength and direction from shared ethical principles, including generosity in the use of the intellect, professional competencies and voluntary service.

To the younger members who are present, I urge you to remember that in today’s world of accelerating change, education is and should remain a lifelong process. It is only by investing continuously in your intellectual capacities that you can hope to survive in the world of tomorrow. Islam enjoins upon us and on every individual the maintaining of a balance between spiritual life and material well being, and to ensure that his or her material endeavors are underpinned by the ethical principles of Islam. This balance between din and dunya entails not only the fulfillment of the individual’s spiritual obligation but also of the obligation to acquire knowledge and to use it for the benefit of others.

To all my spiritual children who are present here today, and to your families, wherever they may be, I give my most affectionate loving blessings for barakat, and the resolution of whatever difficulties you may be facing. My brothers and sisters in Islam and other faiths should be assured that my deep and heartfelt prayers are with you, for your peace, your unity, and for your happiness. Khanavadan, Khanavadan, Khanavadan.