Ghirbhawali by Pir Sdardin

Discussion on ginan meanings, history etc..
shirazkali

Ghirbhawali by Pir Sdardin

Post by shirazkali »

I am looking for Ghirbhawali by Pir Sdardin?

Where can I get this book?
I didn't find in my JK library...
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

The book "Pir Sadruddin na Grantho" has it. There are two granths; Girbhavali nani (the small Girbhavali) and the Girbhavali Shastra (the scriptural Girbhavali).
atik

Post by atik »

YAM,

I am very interested in reading the Girbhavali by Pir Sadruddin. However, is it available in English?
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

I would also like to know if English translation is available of this Granth?
agakhani

I need translation of 'GIRBHAVALI'

Post by agakhani »

I heard in waez of Rai Abu Ali that MUKHI LALJI DEVRAJ had translated GIRBHAVALI in Gujarati language in early 20th century. He also collected many ginans from various sources and published in Gujarati and Khojki languages.
I will appreciate if any Ismaili.net reader help me to find this translation.
I personally tried to read and understand Girbhavali myself, but it is very hard to understand becuase there are many Pakrit, Sanskrit and other languages words which I do not understand.
Girbhavali is a very valuable GRANTH/SHASTRA in Ismaili ginanic literature and everyone should have this, as per Rai Abu Ali. he also mentioned in his waez that there are only 6-7 Ismailies left who can understand Girbhavali very well throughly.
If any reader know any one who understand Girbhavali very well please provide me their telephone # if possible for you or help me to find translation of Girbhavali.
Admin

Post by Admin »

Many years ago, i got a set of 3 tapes of a waez by Parmandas Khoridas of the Gupti Jamat in India on Ghirbhawali. The sound was so bad that I could not understand anything.

I am sure there are ways to find a good copy from India. Maybe from Vazir Sadiwalla as they were friends.

Admin
ShamsB

Re: I need translation of 'GIRBHAVALI'

Post by ShamsB »

agakhani wrote:I heard in waez of Rai Abu Ali that MUKHI LALJI DEVRAJ had translated GIRBHAVALI in Gujarati language in early 20th century. He also collected many ginans from various sources and published in Gujarati and Khojki languages.
I will appreciate if any Ismaili.net reader help me to find this translation.
I personally tried to read and understand Girbhavali myself, but it is very hard to understand becuase there are many Pakrit, Sanskrit and other languages words which I do not understand.
Girbhavali is a very valuable GRANTH/SHASTRA in Ismaili ginanic literature and everyone should have this, as per Rai Abu Ali. he also mentioned in his waez that there are only 6-7 Ismailies left who can understand Girbhavali very well throughly.
If any reader know any one who understand Girbhavali very well please provide me their telephone # if possible for you or help me to find translation of Girbhavali.
Can you scan and email me a copy of what you have. We should look at having a group of us go through it and have a discussion.

Shams
agakhani

Re: I need translation of 'GIRBHAVALI'

Post by agakhani »

Code: Select all

Can you scan and email me a copy of what you have.  We should look at having a group of us go through it and have a discussion.
Shams,
Girbhavali is very valuable GRANTH of Pir Sadarddin and it out of print now a days, it is very hard to find, so I would not like if it goes to any non-Ismaili's hand.
After reading your many posts in Ismaili.net I assume that you are true Ismaili and you have keen interest in Ismailisam so I will send it to you.
agakhani

It take too much time.

Post by agakhani »

All,
who e-mailed me and requested copy of Girbhavali.
After several attempts to scan the pages, to find out how much time it will take, I found that it was very time consuming process and also it was very dificult for me, since I do not know much about the scaning and e-mailing, so I decided not to send girbhavali via e-mail to any one who already requested, please forgive me for any inconvenience you may have to face.
I deleted my e-mail from my previous post to stop more request.
gulnazs

Re:

Post by gulnazs »

agakhani wrote:All,<BR>who e-mailed me and requested copy of Girbhavali.<BR>After several attempts to scan the pages, to find out how much time it will take, I found that it was very time consuming process and also it was very dificult for me, since I do not know much about the scaning and e-mailing, so I decided not to send girbhavali via e-mail to any o&shy;ne who already requested, please forgive me for any inconvenience you may have to face.<BR>I deleted my e-mail from my previous post to stop more request.
<BR><BR>YAM<BR>Can you make copy and mail me than I will scan and email who want&nbsp; this Garbawali.<BR>Thanks
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Sorry, I can not mail girbhavali it is very valuable Granth in Ismaili sect, it may lost in transit or it may go to non-Ismaili's hand. It took many years to find this granth. sorry again.
panjwaniamir

Email request

Post by panjwaniamir »

Ya Ali Madad

I have Girbhavali Naani in both Gujarati & English transliteration as PDF file format, if any one wants.

Please email me on.....

techomni110 (at) googlemail (dot) com

Kind regards
Amir