how to increase jamat khana attendance among the youth?

Current issues, news and ethics
dchandani

how to increase jamat khana attendance among the youth?

Post by dchandani »

With mowla's golden jubilee approaching we must remember the firman where mowla has said nothing makes me more happy than to know that my spiritual children are regular in attendance to jamatkhana and nothing makes me more unhappy than to know my spiritual chidren are irregular in attendance to jamatkana.
what better gift we can give to mowla than to follow this firman?
how if we have a drive similar to blood donation and salvat pledges?
what are the reasons for our youth getting so much away from jamatkana?
modenisation and long working hours are main reasons but i frequently see the youth is avoiding to go to jk even when they can make it.
what can we do to adess this issue?
finni

JK

Post by finni »

When I go to JK I like to sit at the back row as this is my "comfort zone".
I find it disturbing when I am forced by volunteers to sit in the front row while I can understand the reasons, but I dont think this should be done when the JK is not full .....
bcom

Re: JK

Post by bcom »

finni wrote:When I go to JK I like to sit at the back row as this is my "comfort zone".
I find it disturbing when I am forced by volunteers to sit in the front row while I can understand the reasons, but I dont think this should be done when the JK is not full .....
I used to feel this way. I thought people were trying to "force me" to sit inside khana. But honestly, when you try it out yourself and have the motivation to sit inside the jamat instead of the fringes, the experience is honestly totally different and much more fulfilling.

I think they (volunteers) try to bring more unity to the jamat; that everyone sits side by side.
magnet

Post by magnet »

well..to b frank...we sit at bak in jamatbecoz the mukhi doesnt call us for dua and ginan stuffs..sincerely.......

regarding forcingto sit in front....one missionary told when u come to jk imam is present there........and u dont giv him respect when u dont sit near the paaat.......so when jk is empty it is our own duty to sitfront..but noone does so volunters force us
zubair_mahamood

Re: how to increase jamat khana attendance among the youth?

Post by zubair_mahamood »

dchandani wrote:With mowla's golden jubilee approaching we must remember the firman where mowla has said nothing makes me more happy than to know that my spiritual children are regular in attendance to jamatkhana and nothing makes me more unhappy than to know my spiritual chidren are irregular in attendance to jamatkana.
what better gift we can give to mowla than to follow this firman?
how if we have a drive similar to blood donation and salvat pledges?
what are the reasons for our youth getting so much away from jamatkana?
modenisation and long working hours are main reasons but i frequently see the youth is avoiding to go to jk even when they can make it.
what can we do to adess this issue?
Ya Ali Madad,

I am a young Ismailis and who is still waiting for permission to attend Jamatkhana from Traiqah board. I attend Jamatkhana sometimes for Dua but I am not formally given permission and I have got no experience as u all have… Well I don’t have problems in sitting in first line when I go to mosque I sitting In first line I go there for Allah not for comfort…. We go to Jamatkhana for ourselves not for others… It shouldn’t matter us if someone discourages us why do you get influence by other? Don’t let anyone come between you and Allah.

I think our elders or responsible person of Jamat should check weather there behaviour discourages youth from actively participating in Jamat activities or attending Jamatkhana…. At the same time we as youth must discuss matter like this with elders in an acceptable manner.

Shah Je Dedaar

Zubair