hazar imam and dream or vision

Discussion on doctrinal issues
dchandani

hazar imam and dream or vision

Post by dchandani »

:?: What is the significance if you meet Hazar Imam in your dream or have a vision of meeting him? In the month of march 2006 I had a dream so vivid as though it was almost a vision where I met Hazar Imam. I had no prospect of seeing him what so ever at that time. Exactly after 2 months May 15th, 2006 I met Hazar Imam in real life in a similar setting at Columbia University graduation ceremony where my daughter graduated. What is the significance of the dream ahead of time? I have heard that Hazar Imam never comes in anyone's dream but I can vow and say he did. Does anyone have any views regarding this? :?:
_thaillestlunatic_

Post by _thaillestlunatic_ »

Ya Ali Madat,

In my opinion, yes Hazar Imam can come in anyones dreams or vision.
I remember reading somewhere on this forum that Imam SMS has said in a farman if you have a dream of us keep it private. It is only with Imam's blessing that he can appear in your dream. Maybe, he is trying to communicate with you through dreams, ie.. how 2 weeks after you saw him in REAL life.

More on this topic can be found by going to the 2nd page of this doctrines forum under "Dream with MHI"

I hope this helps.
_thaillestlunatic_

Post by _thaillestlunatic_ »

Here is what someone else said on this topic.

Further to Imam's guidance on it as quoted by unnalhaq, if the dream is authentic and of any personal significance in terms of guidance or message, it will be very obvious to the individual and no other person's interpretation would be necessary. The following are anecdotes of two dreams that occured during MHI's visit to Karachi November, 1991. These clearly indicate that there was a message to the individuals concerned of personal nature and action had to be taken. The veracity of the dreams was obviously confirmed! What is even more interesting is that the respective dreams happened to two and three individuals concurrently!

When Hazar Imam left Garden Jamat Khana on On November 6th at 7:00 pm, a large crowd had gathered near the road. Amongst the throng of Muslims stood two Hindu ladies who were waiting for the Imam. Because of the heavy rush, the Aga Khan Volunteers were forced to cordon off the crowd with a rope.

As the car approached the women, Imam moved from one side of the seat to the other, opened the window and revealed His Holy Face. Just then, the rope broke exactly where these women were standing. They stepped forward towards the car and received the Imam's Holy Didar. Imam then closed the window.

The Ismaili Volunteers were astonished at this incident. When the Imam departed, they approached the women and asked about it. The women said, "We are not Muslims, but Hindus. Our lord Krishna told us in a dream last night that He would make His appearance on a road neat the Jamat Khana of the Khoja Ismailis in the midst of a large crowd. Indeed, today we have seen our Lord!"

On November 8th, during Mehmani at Nizari Jamat Khana, Imam suddenly told one of the leaders present to go to the door of the Jamat Khana and wait for His three followers who were on a train about 25 miles from Karachi. The leader obediently followed the Imam's instructions.

After 40 minutes, a taxi arrived with three Sindhi passengers. They tried to enter the Jamat Khana premises. The leader saw them and brought them before the Imam. Imam spoke with them for a few minutes before allowing them to go. As they were leaving the Jamat Khana, the astonished leader approached them and inquired about who they were. They replied, "We are three brothers living in Hyderabad (a city about 80 miles from Karachi.) Last night in a dream Hazar Imam told us to come to Karachi in the morning and that He would be waiting for us at Nizari Jamat Khana. So we came immediately by train."
zubair_mahamood

Post by zubair_mahamood »

Yam,

I think when one has Hazar Imam Dream it’s purely communication. It’s only possible for someone to have Hazar Imam in his Dream by MHI’s Blessing. I had dreams of Hazar Imam and each one had a clear messages (addressing my problems and indicating solutions).

I will try to explain what I think about as per my knowledge on the bases of communication theory (everyone has there opinion so plz if I m wrong excuse me n correct me). Communication consists of sender, medium and receiver (we had this in our schools and everyone know about it). Communication occurs only if sender receives a desired feedback.

An example of communication, a boy offers rose to a Girl on a bus stop. If she doesn’t accepts his rose that merely mean that there was no communication and if she accepts then it means communication has taken place. Hear one need to understand that sender is the one taking initiative, he is the one who want to communicate, he is the one who chooses a medium or means to communicate, he is one who desire, he knows clearly what he desire and he is the one who is in best place to judge whether the communication has taken place.

By this example they are other points raised. Like what if the boy didn’t want the girl to accept his rose? If the boy wanted to communicate to other Girls who were standing on bus stop and this girl whom he offered rose was just a medium he chosen? Etc. That’s why I say that the level of understanding of two parties that is sender and receiver must be same for a communication to take place and only sender can judge whether communication took place or not. They are also other question which touch our mind but leave them.

Coming back to our original topic, MHI is sender, medium or means is our dream or vision and we are receivers. I believe MHI know us better then we know ourselves, He know about our spiritual level so according to our level MHI communicates to us by dreams or visions. Now every person has his level of spiritual understand which is unique from others, that’s why dreams are for individual not to share as everyone doesn’t have same level of understanding Faith. I think at the same time they are some dreams that can be shared for the purpose of educating others as we have similar beliefs.

According to following Hadiths;

Hadith from Bukhari Vol 9, book 87.Interpretation of Dreams .Hadith 122. Narrated By Abu Huraira: I heard the Prophet saying , “Whoever sees me in a Dream will see me in his wakefulness, and Satan cannot imitate me in shape.” Abu Abdullah said, “Ibn Sirin said, ‘Only if he sees th Prophet in his (real) shape.”

Vol 9, book 87.Interpretation of Dreams .Hadith 123.
Narrated by Anas: The Prophet Said, “whoever has seen me in a dream, then no doubt, he has seen me, for Satan cannot imitate my shape.”

Vol 9, book 87.Interpretation of Dreams .Hadith 125.
Narrated by Abu Qatada: The prophet said,”whoever sees me in a dream then he indeed has seen th truth.”

Vol 9, book 87.Interpretation of Dreams .Hadith 126.
Narrated by Abu Sa’id Al-Khudri: The Prophet said,” who ever sees me in a dream then indeed has seen the truth, as satan cannot appear in my shape.”

I am sorry for posting Bukari. I understand MHI on the bases of Sunnah I never attended any lecture of Ismaili scholar or read book of Ismaili Traiqah or religious practices. I am using this hadith to make my point.

I also discussed Prophetic Dream with a local Sunni scholar who said me referring to some hadith that Prophet is “hidayath” he means to say pure from top to bottom and Satan can never copy Him.

I believe MHI has both the Noors (Noor e Rashul and Noor e Ali) and is The Purest of all, so if MHI come in someone dream its just not an ordinary dream, one need to be thankful to MHI for the honour and try to get close to MHI by understanding the hidden meaning of his dream which will directly or indirectly relate to his life and his existence. SJD

Zubair
Kaye

Post by Kaye »

Yam,
How do you know if this was a dream or something you thought of consciously?

I hope someone has an answer for this :)
Admin

Post by Admin »

I think only the person to whom this happen can tell. If the dream is so strong that you remember it vividely even after many many days, there is surely some truth to it... This is my personal opinion
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

There is an anecdote about MSMS appearing in a dream to provide guidance.

http://ismaili.net/source/jampudipnosultan.pdf

[21]

Khwaja Kamaluddin wrote an article in the “Islamic Review” in which he said that he suffered with a disease and visited London and Paris for his treatment. The doctors failed to make him well. He was frustrated and came to a conclusion that the worship of God was the only remedy for his disease. Once he dreamt and saw a person, called H.H. Sir A., who said him, “In the mountains of India, there grows a kind of pulse. You use its grains for your treatment.” Khwaja Kamaluddin was in Europe and arranged the grains of the pulse in India for him. He used the pulse as was prescribed in the dream and became quite well in six months. Khwaja Kamaluddin did not disclose in his article who was H.H. Sir A. (It was certainly His Highness Sir Aga Khan)