Français  |  Mission  |  About us  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact  |  What's new  |  FAQ  |  Search  | 

Welcome to The Heritage Web Site

-->
MY HERITAGE
New Heritage
Main Page
New Account
Set as Homepage
My Account
Logout
GOLDEN JUBILEE
Statistics
DIDARS
COMMUNICATE
Forums
Guestbook
Members List
Recommend Us
NEWS
Timelines
Ismaili History
Today in History
LEARN
Library
Youth's Corner
Ginans
FAIR
Gallery
Photo Album
Others

www.ismaili.net :: View topic - Swiss villa to host first Biden-Putin summit
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   
Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

Swiss villa to host first Biden-Putin summit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ismaili.net Forum Index -> Imamat/ Noorani Family Activities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmaherali

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:56 am    Post subject: Swiss villa to host first Biden-Putin summit Reply with quote

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyHc2Vow6Ts

The villa belongs to the Aga Khan

Biden brings old hostilities and new grievances to meeting with Putin | CBC News

Excerpt:

Meeting is about 'world security'

White House officials say that when he meets face to face with Putin in an ornate 18th-century Swiss villa, Biden will speak directly to U.S. election interference, further aggression in Ukraine, recent cyberattacks on U.S. infrastructure linked to hackers in Russia and the poisoning of dissidents.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/biden-putin-geneva-summit-1.6064846?__vfz=medium%3Dsharebar

As received;

Meeting between Biden and Putin:

To be held in Geneva.

The meeting will be in the Aga Khan`s villa, as it was at the meeting of Ronald Regan. As per my brother — high security — bobbed wires all through the city — most roads and avenues around the villa closed — nearby residence given special passes and cannot exit/enter homes the day of meeting — they are refrained from receiving visitors. I have been inside the villa on a visit the last time (4 years back) when I visited my brother — an exceptionally tastefully decorated and secure place. That is the main reason the Authorities of government of Switzerland chose Aga Khan’s Villa for special dignitaries.
View users profile Send private message
kmaherali

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Related link:

Prince Hussain and USA President Ronald Reagan

http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=465&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=ronald%20reagan
kmaherali

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biden and Putin Have Bigger Problems Than Biden and Putin

The last time American and Russian leaders met in Geneva was when Ronald Reagan squared off against the new Soviet chief, Mikhail Gorbachev, in November 1985. Oh, how times have changed since then.

To be sure, there will be blasts from the past when President Biden and President Vladimir Putin come together on Wednesday at the Villa La Grange overlooking Lake Geneva

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/14/opinion/biden-putin-meeting-summit.html?campaign_id=39&emc=edit_ty_20210615&instance_id=33026&nl=opinion-today&regi_id=45305309&segment_id=60710&te=1&user_id=b5e5426f5c89f06ac9cd19778d3e6de3

Watch the video at:

https://www.reuters.com/world/biden-putin-set-meet-18th-century-swiss-villa-summit-2021-06-09/

Biden, Putin set to meet in 18th-century Swiss villa for summit

- Disputes likely to mark June 16 Geneva summit
-Switzerland hosted U.S.-Soviet Cold War summit in 1985
- Lakeside villa barricaded by police, army.

GENEVA, June 9 (Reuters) - U.S. President Joe Biden and Russian President Vladimir Putin are set to hold their June 16 summit in an 18th-century Swiss villa overlooking Lake Geneva, a soothing setting for what promises to be heated talks.
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The meeting between President Putin and President Biden is in the next villa which belong to Swiss Government. it is named Villa La Grange in Geneva.

It is beside Hazar Imam's Villa named the Villa Fleur d'Eau which is currently on sale and which was the place where the Regan - Gorbachov meeting took place.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
swamidada

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmaherali

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2021 07:56 am Post subject: Swiss villa to host first Biden-Putin summit

The villa belongs to the Aga Khan

The meeting will be in the Aga Khan`s villa, as it was at the meeting of Ronald Regan. As per my brother — high security — bobbed wires all through the city — most roads and avenues around the villa closed — nearby residence given special passes and cannot exit/enter homes the day of meeting — they are refrained from receiving visitors. I have been inside the villa on a visit the last time (4 years back) when I visited my brother — an exceptionally tastefully decorated and secure place. That is the main reason the Authorities of government of Switzerland chose Aga Khan’s Villa for special dignitaries.
----------------------------------------------

Some one was exited to break the news without verifying. It is VILLA LA GRANGE property of Swiss govt and not VILLA FLEUR D'EAU which is property of Hazar Imam at some distance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ismaili.net Forum Index -> Imamat/ Noorani Family Activities All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: