Aarti's confusion

Discussion on ginan meanings, history etc..
zehrabhamani

Aarti's confusion

Post by zehrabhamani »

Hi ppl...

When i was in Pakistan i saw ppl reciting aarti as a substitute for Aashaji....which v recite b4 dua....
Here in Canada i saw ppl reciting aarti as a simple ginan..
I m confused....what is rite???
i think aarti should b recited as aashaji's substitue cause Zareena kamal introduced this in Karachi....

Aarti is recited as:
Eji sehnter deep mien shah jaaher betha,
saanj sibuhu neet......aarti kije, nakalanka tarni ji....
ShamsB

Re: Aarti's confusion

Post by ShamsB »

zehrabhamani wrote:Hi ppl...

When i was in Pakistan i saw ppl reciting aarti as a substitute for Aashaji....which v recite b4 dua....
Here in Canada i saw ppl reciting aarti as a simple ginan..
I m confused....what is rite???
i think aarti should b recited as aashaji's substitue cause Zareena kamal introduced this in Karachi....

Aarti is recited as:
Eji sehnter deep mien shah jaaher betha,
saanj sibuhu neet......aarti kije, nakalanka tarni ji....
I don't think it's confusing at all.
In east africa..both used to be recited.

but look at the meaning of sahentar deep me shah Zaher behta...

Sahenter deep is Iran/Persia
the words of the ginan state that in Iran, the Shah is physically there...this was true during those times..however untrue right now...maybe that is why they don't sing it in canada.

Shams
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

ShamsB wrote:Sahenter deep is Iran/Persia
the words of the ginan state that in Iran, the Shah is physically there...this was true during those times..however untrue right now...maybe that is why they don't sing it in canada.
Shams
YAM,

Sahenter deep can still serve as a symbol for the place/country of residence of the Imam...the essential message has not changed...that the Imam is physically manifest at present.

In my opinion both should be be recited or alternated if there is not sufficient time. Both have significance for that particular moment of our tradition.
zehrabhamani

Post by zehrabhamani »

thanx for answerng shams n maherali.....
kmaherali, r u a missionary???u hav abt more than 1500 posts....i think dat u r...r u???
well thanx 4 answering
kmaherali wrote:
ShamsB wrote:Sahenter deep is Iran/Persia
Shams
YAM,

Sahenter deep can still serve as a symbol for the place/country of residence of the Imam...the essential message has not changed...that the Imam is physically manifest at present.

In my opinion both should be be recited or alternated if there is not sufficient time. Both have significance for that particular moment of our tradition.