Marriages

Past or Present customs and their evolution
unnalhaq

Re: Marriage with Non-Ismaili

Post by unnalhaq »

Irfan_Kadiwal wrote: HELLO Mr DON'T U THINK U SHOULD MIND YOUR LANGUAGE...what i said was not a generalization but it is the case u will observe in most of the scenarios...and its a FACT....about ISMAILI's being not bathing and smelling like spice rack ....why are u making such DUMB AND IDIOTIC STATMENT on ismailies which i can easily guess are applicable to YOURSELF ...This is a generalization and not what i said
My point exactly! (You would not want me to say....) What I said(in your responce regarding non-ismailis):
Irfan_Kadiwal wrote: Coz we go to JK daily (morning & even),we give dashond,follow many kriyas etc which seem to be coming in the way(for a non-ismaili) of worldly pleasures such as partying in the evening,late night discos,drinking,smoking etc
unnalhaq wrote: Would be generalizing it. You would not want me to say Ismailis don't bathe or smell like spice rack because that would not be fair even though that may be the majority of the cases. Would it?
It is just as
Irfan_Kadiwal wrote: DUMB AND IDIOTIC STATMENT
Think you should read my post again!! MF (My Friend).
snow_white

Post by snow_white »

star_munir wrote:ismailis are not allowed to marry non ismaili. the things are already discussed in the section of current issue. read from there and you will know answer why Imam or His family members got married with non ismailis.<BR>Where in constitution it is written that ismailis are allowed to marry non ismaili muslims. Infact by doing this o&shy;ne makes Imam sad.<BR>Even if non ismaili is ready to accept Ismailism<BR>Once there was a girl who was ismaili from Congo .she got engaged with non ismaili .She asked Abu Ali missionary that I got engaged with non ismaili and he is also ready to accept Ismailism so should I marry with him? He said you are asking after engagement what should I tell. If you had asked me before i would have said no because he accepted Ismailism not for the love of Imam but for the love for girl.<BR>Write letter to Imam and ask permission to Imam that shoikd I marry with non ismaili who is ready to be a ismaili in Jamat Khana.<BR>she wrote letter and Imam repled do mot convert him and do not get marry with him but she do not follow the farman and got married with that boy who later ran away.<BR>Imam not like that Ismailis marry a non ismaili and not a single ismaili is living a happy liffe who got married with non ismaili.
<BR><BR>I agree with him. Why do ismailis go for non-ismailis....cant they find anyone in their own religion? its pathetic.&nbsp; I would rather die......if i think of guin for a non-ismaili guy. First of all i am cheatin Imam and secondly, i am cheating my family members.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/17/fashi ... nted=print

December 17, 2006
Questions Couples Should Ask (Or Wish They Had) Before Marrying
Relationship experts report that too many couples fail to ask each other critical questions before marrying. Here are a few key ones that couples should consider asking:

1) Have we discussed whether or not to have children, and if the answer is yes, who is going to be the primary care giver?

2) Do we have a clear idea of each other’s financial obligations and goals, and do our ideas about spending and saving mesh?

3) Have we discussed our expectations for how the household will be maintained, and are we in agreement on who will manage the chores?

4) Have we fully disclosed our health histories, both physical and mental?

5) Is my partner affectionate to the degree that I expect?

6) Can we comfortably and openly discuss our sexual needs, preferences and fears?

7) Will there be a television in the bedroom?

8) Do we truly listen to each other and fairly consider one another’s ideas and complaints?

9) Have we reached a clear understanding of each other’s spiritual beliefs and needs, and have we discussed when and how our children will be exposed to religious/moral education?

10) Do we like and respect each other’s friends?

11) Do we value and respect each other’s parents, and is either of us concerned about whether the parents will interfere with the relationship?

12) What does my family do that annoys you?

13) Are there some things that you and I are NOT prepared to give up in the marriage?

14) If one of us were to be offered a career opportunity in a location far from the other’s family, are we prepared to move?

15) Does each of us feel fully confident in the other’s commitment to the marriage and believe that the bond can survive whatever challenges we may face?
moonmoon

Re: Marriages

Post by moonmoon »

Dear friends,

I'd like to know your opinion regarding the following issue:
"Do you believe it is okay for an Ismaili to marry a Non-Ismaili?"

It is not very common for Ismailis to marry outside the community yet what if o&shy;ne falls for a person outside the community?

Let me present a situtation: "Is it okay for an Ismaili girl to marry a Hindu?"

Regards,<BR>moonmoon
Magneto

Post by Magneto »

My option is A. But with a few conditions met.
As a Muslim (Ismailies are muslim if you did nt know that), we can marry the believer of
1-taurat for moses a.s
2- zabur for David a.s
3- injeel for Isa a.s
4- and the last testament Al-Quran al-karim for Muhammad s.a.w

So the question of marrying a hindu (or any non believer) is out. (if you think you can change for a few moments to get the PHEERAS with the spouse then think again.Because when you get back as an ismaili (in which i personally do not believe as faith is not a pair of shoes that you change as you please) that marriage is no longer considered valid. Coz as a muslim untill the Nikah is said between the couple they are not considered in any relation. Why? How? another long story. But i can tell if you wish.

Then comes the part of marrying in any of the other four. It is upto the spouse. If you are true to your faith and your to be spouse does nt have any problems with it (like taking away 12 and a half percent of your wages...people will think twice..and giving life long services to imam..the Life Majlis) then you should go ahead. But if you are nt really a follower of your faith then why bother??anything would suffice.

You must also, have no surprises for your spouse( Like that 12 and a half percent of your income) and Baiyat for your newly born child (incase if you wish to have a child). What would you do if christmas dinner is at the same time as a Big majlis. I think one of you would have to compromise. and how much of a compromise you willing to do through out your relationship is what is going to give its life.Infact this is more of a socio-religious issue, that both parties must take into consideration before entering the marriage contract.

Please ask for further explanation if you wish. :)
Admin

Post by Admin »

Just a reminder, there is nothing religious in a marriage.

In Islam, marriage is a social contract. Not a religious contract.

Much has been written on this subject.

So go ahead. marry the person you love. Just make sure it is reciprocal and each respects the beliefs of the other.