Franšais  |  Mission  |  About us  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact  |  What's new  |  FAQ  |  Search  | 

Welcome to The Heritage Web Site

MY HERITAGE
New Heritage
Main Page
New Account
Set as Homepage
My Account
Logout
GOLDEN JUBILEE
Statistics
DIDARS
COMMUNICATE
Forums
Guestbook
Members List
Recommend Us
NEWS
Recent News
Timelines
Ismaili History
Today in History
LEARN
Library
Youth's Corner
Ginans
FAIR
FAIR-TV
Gallery
Photo Album
Others
Poll
Old or New Heritage Web Site?

· Old ismaili.net better
· New ismaili.net better
· No preference for me

Results | Polls

Votes: 558

www.ismaili.net :: View topic - what is hunzai faith????
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   
Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

what is hunzai faith????
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    www.ismaili.net Forum Index -> Current Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adnanali

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: what is hunzai faith???? Reply with quote

my mom always says shaitan hazaar jaat na varsaat varsavey sey...saitan can be in many forms to weaken one's faith. i m starting to see firkah or should i say branched off separating ismailis to do something non ismaili tarikah. i believe myself to be a good faith ismaili but i dont seem to understand where there are ismaili that are also known as "baapu wala" ...WHAT IS THAT???..what do they believe in and also call themselves ismailis. Recently i heard another one...ppl call it hunzai yet they also call themselves ismaili...does any 1 know about this..please enlighten me. its frustrating to seee our ismaili jamat going to different directions. i dont know much about this issue as it is new to me.
View users profile Send private message
kmaherali

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As MHI has explained in his numerous Farmans, there is diversity in our Tariqah. Our faith evolved and developed through different historical, cultural and linguistic circumstances in the course of its history. Today because of the globalisation of the Jamat made possible by the ease of communication, we are coming into contact with and being aware of Jamats of different cultural and liguistic background.

However all facets of this diversity believe in HazarImam....if they don't, then they are not to be regarded as Ismailis. I am not sure about the "Baapu Vaalas", Baapu means a respectable person and Baapu Vaala could well mean those who follow the respectable person. If this respectable person is MHI, then we should regard them as Ismailis. Hunzais are Ismailis who live in or come from Hunza in the northern part of Pakistan. They follow the teachings of the great Ismaili Dai Nasir Khusraw.
adnanali

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm well aware of what hunzai means and baapu wala is another sect that cuts off from other ismailis and they dont go to jamat khanna that often.... NOW when i talk about this hunzai so called faith. these ppl are some that i know also dont go to jamat khana as they used to ....i mean these ismaili went to jamat khane every day and night and now all of sudden they dont for some reasons....i know what i see and i see ppl talkin about it aswell. i tried to talk to these ppl they say "we are on right path and we are not doing any thing wrong"
kmaherali

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not think that we should judge people simply by their attendance in JK. There may be good reasons for them not to come. Although attendance to JK is important, there is much more to our faith than it. It is our obedience to the Imam in our lives that is important.
karimqazi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Hunzai Reply with quote

YAM to All

Sultan Mohammad Shahs farmans say that you should recite the Dua three times a day. Without this all other bandagi/ibadat are without a foundation.
adnanali

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant agree more with you on that...dua and attendance in jk is very important....but my question is not really related to the response im getting from yall... when i mentioned baapu wala or these new hunzai beliefs means that they believe in imam as well as someone else...thats the key word someone else...atleast that's what i hear...they are branched off from ismaili not muslim...ISMAILI...so i want to know if any 1 know about this..and what are there beliefs
GMR

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The people of Hunza are not much more different from the other Ismailis of the world. Adnanali, u r correct that Ismailis r nearly split into 2 groups. Nasiruddin Nasir Hunzai, hails from Hyderabad, Hunza, NAs, Pakistan has formed a groupt called 'Khanai Hikmat - Idara-e-Arif' in place of Ismaili Tariqah & Religious Education Board (ITREB). These people don't believe in the present Imam and r working against the Imam of the time and Ismaili jamat. The said person has declared Prince Ali Khan father of Aga Khan-IV (Qaimul Qiyama) the last imam in his recent publications. We have to keep in mind that such incidents and splits have been occured in the past, (Ithna'asharis, Bohras etc.) Recently he has declared Hazrat Ali, as Almighty Allah and the Sunni committee of Gilgit has lodged an FIR (first investigation report) in the local police station of Gilgit, Northern Areas of Pakistan. The local administration have confiscated all his publications and a shop owned by him has been sealed and a case under Blasphemic law has been registered against him and his party. The said person is in excile nowadays. The local council has issued a press release condemning his blasphemic statements and declared that Nasir Hunzai is not a representative of the Imam of the Time to issue such blasphemic statements. These people do not come to jamatkhana and at nights they perform thier own rituals (sher-o-shairi of Hunzai) with (rabab and daf) a musical instrument
adnanali

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx for your reply,..i jus cant believe this is happening and it doesnt make sense that how easily ppl can believe and stop their jamat khane attendace and imam...if you know can you tell me what imam or what is being done at jamati level for this problem..please let me know...thanx again
yam
tasbiha

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Nasir Hunzai Reply with quote

"Recently he has declared Hazrat Ali, as Almighty Allah "

Could you pls explain some more? Is he calling himself H. Ali?
DELETED

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DELETED
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure where this discussion is going but I urge all to keep in mind that Mowlana Sultan Muhammad Shah has stated that as long as someone declares himself an Ismaili, we have to consider him as an Ismaili. It is not up to us to declare anyone non-Ismaili. Second, in Maputo Hazar Imam said only Allah can judge.

I hope this is not going to end with fights on this forum between "pro" and "con" and rumours, gossips or insults. However, as far as only informations or facts are given in polite language from both side. I will tolerate the discussion. Else this whole thread will be deleted. Please make sure to be within the guidelines.

Admin
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
tasbiha

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I am not sure where this discussion is going but I urge all to keep in mind that Mowlana Sultan Muhammad Shah has stated that as long as someone declares himself an Ismaili, we have to consider him as an Ismaili. "

I would (seriously) love to know where you got that quote from.

Thanks.
GMR

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<P>One thinks that Admin is un-aware and&nbsp; totally ignorant of the events going-on within the jamat. The above facts could be verified from the publications of Nasir Hunzai (Khana-e-Hikmat), local council and local administration. No allegations at all. No o&shy;ne has dared to declare someone non-ismaili. If homosexuality, gay, lesbians, drinking, consuming pork etc. (which are totally against the farmans of the Imam of the Time) &nbsp;is allowed by Admin to discuss o&shy;n these forums, o&shy;ne has right to know about the religion and community also.<BR><BR>And o&shy;ne has raised the argument that Nasiri group is more punctual in attending JK. As far as I know my close relatives and friends, associated with the said group&nbsp;don&#39;t. The mission of the said person is no new o&shy;ne. It has been active since 40s and 50s. So someone asks, what Imam, council, and wolrd ismaili community have done something to solve this critical issue?</P>
DELETED

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DELETED
GMR

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falsehood would certainly fade out with the coming time ahead. Let us wait and see. No further comments on this topic.
Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    www.ismaili.net Forum Index -> Current Issues All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: