COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Related Updates

Activities in your jamats including posting of announcements
Admin

Post by Admin »

https://www.capitalfm.co.ke/news/2021/1 ... hospitals/

Aga Khan University Hospital, EU donate ventilators to KNH and Kenyatta University hospitals

NAIROBI, Kenya Oct 10 – Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi (AKUH,N) has donated five ventilators to Kenyatta National Hospital (KNH) and Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital (KUTRRH) to boost their COVID-19 response. KNH received three ventilators while KUTRRH will get two ventilators. AKUH,N also handed over 7,000 COVID-19 testing and extraction kits to the Ministry of Health.

The donation is valued at over Sh25 million. It is part of the European Union-funded project “Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) Regional Eastern Africa COVID-19 Response Partnership” that aims at improving systemic, gender-sensitive responses to overcome health, economic and social vulnerabilities caused by the COVID-19 pandemic in Eastern Africa.

Henriette Geiger, the European Union Ambassador to Kenya said: “This donation is part of our larger regional programme, and aims to complement the Kenyan government’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, by increasing the testing, surveillance and treatment capacities. Working together with our Member States as Team Europe, the EU is committed to a global response and solidarity across borders because no one is safe until we are all safe.”

Speaking at the handover ceremony, AKUH,N CEO Rashid Khalani noted that the donation was carefully considered given the need that has been previously expressed by the Ministry of Health.

“As a healthcare provider, AKUH,N fully appreciates the importance of well-equipped critical care units in providing the care needed by COVID-19 patients. We are glad that we can play our part in supporting the government to provide this care,” noted Mr. Khalani.

While receiving the donation, KNH CEO, Dr. Evanson Kamuri, said: “This gesture you have extended to our patients is a demonstration of your trust and confidence in our mandate.”

“We feel very encouraged whenever people come around bearing gifts as it complements our limited resources. On behalf of our patients I say a big thank you for your generosity,” he added.

Mr Khalani reiterated the hospital’s commitment towards supporting the national response to the pandemic. AKUH,N has previously donated COVID-19 testing kits worth over KES 40 million
Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to the government as well as masks and sanitizers to vendors at the City Park market, Nairobi.

Experts from the hospital have also played a major role in different COVID-19 government committees to develop policies and public education guidelines for COVID-19.

The Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) launched a EUR 9.3 million programme in Eastern Africa at the beginning of 2021 to strengthen responses to COVID-19 across Kenya, Mozambique, Tanzania, and Uganda. The 30-month, multi-sectoral programme will help strengthen existing health responses and increase awareness of prevention strategies and support mechanisms, while also working to minimise the mental health and socio-economic impacts of the crisis. It is anticipated that 140,000 individuals will be directly supported.

This publication was produced with the financial support of the European Union. Its contents are the sole responsibility of the AKF and do not necessarily reflect the views of the European Union.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Talika Mubarak of Mawlana Hazar Imam, 10 October 2021

Mawlana Hazar Imam has graciously sent a Talika Mubarak to the global Jamat, which is being shared via The Ismaili.

English | français | Português | | Deutsche | Español

Link to other languages:

https://the.ismaili/global/news/imamat- ... tober-2021

7th October 2021

My dear spiritual children,

On the occasion of a recent mulaqat with my senior Jamati leaders to review their reports on current Jamati work and activities, I send my warmest and most affectionate paternal maternal loving blessings to all my beloved spiritual children throughout the world.

I send my best loving blessings for the souls of all my ruhani spiritual children, and I pray that their souls may rest in eternal peace.

I am happy that, in the face of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, my Jamat is continuing to undertake the measures recommended by the health authorities to mitigate the risks, particularly by accepting to be vaccinated as soon as the opportunity becomes available. I wish all my spiritual children to remain constantly mindful of the importance of maintaining good health in all aspects of human life.

At this time my Jamat in some parts of the world is witnessing political transformation. I remind my spiritual children of our tradition to contribute positively for the growth of a healthy civil society, which I believe will enable the improvement of the quality of life of all peoples and will therefore underpin the restoration of peace and stability.

I send my most affectionate loving blessings for your spiritual wellbeing, worldly success, good health, happiness and progress, with best blessings for my Jamat’s strength of faith and unity.

I send my special loving blessings for mushkil-asan, and for the safety and security of all my Jamat. You are all particularly in my heart, in my thoughts and in my prayers.

Yours affectionately,

Aga Khan

kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Changes to Jamatkhana Attendance Process in Ontario | The Ismaili Canada

The Council for Ontario is pleased to inform the Jamat that recent changes to government regulations will allow for significantly increased capacity in Ontario Jamatkhanas. Beginning with morning Jamati ceremonies on Monday, November 15:

- A vaccine passport system will be in place whereby proof of vaccination and personal identification will be required to attend all Jamatkhanas in Ontario with the exception of social halls in certain Jamatkhanas. This will allow for increased capacity in all our Jamatkhanas.
- There will be designated Jamatkhanas where members of the Jamat who do not have their vaccine passport will be able to attend in Jamatkhana space set up in the social halls.
- Confirmed allocations from the Jamatkhana Registration system will NO LONGER be required to attend Jamatkhanas in Ontario. Jamati members may attend Jamatkhana on a first-come, first-served basis.

We are grateful to the Government of Ontario for these adjustments, allowing for a significant step forward in our return to normalcy, especially for the Ontario Jamat where capacity has been restricted over the past 20 months. We will continue to monitor government and public health guidelines for any further impacts on the operations of our Jamatkhanas.

Also, we encourage members of the Jamat who are eligible but have yet to obtain their vaccinations to do so. Please reach out to the Medical Advisory Services team via the ACCESS Line for any questions or guidance you may require.

We thank members of the Jamat for their incredible co-operation and support.

Vaccine Passport

- Proof of vaccination can be either:
A vaccine receipt (printed or electronic)
An enhanced vaccine certificate that includes a QR code (printed or electronic)
- Personal identification must also be shown, along with proof of vaccination, to establish the identity of the vaccinated individual:
Photo ID is not required
Your ID must include your name and date of birth

Jamatkhanas Where a Vaccine Passport IS Required

All Jamatkhanas in Ontario will require vaccine passports with the exception of social halls in the 5 designated Jamatkhanas below.
Jamatkhana Social Halls Where a Vaccine Passport IS NOT Required

- Social Hall Headquarters
- Social Hall East York
- Social Hall Scarborough
- Social Hall Meadowvale
- Social Hall Kitchener

All safety and public health protocols will continue to be in place for these Jamatkhanas - there will be no changes to existing safety protocols.
Regardless of which Jamatkhana or Jamatkhana social hall is attended:

Confirmed allocations from the Jamatkhana Registration system will no longer be required to attend
The wearing of masks, physical distancing, and hand sanitization will continue to be required
For Assistance

Jamati members who would like information about getting their vaccines or who would like help can call the ACCESS line at 1-888-536-3599, reach out to Mukhi Kamadia/Mukhiani Kamadiani, or contact their local Aga Khan Health Board members.
Not Yet Vaccinated?

Eligible members of the Jamat who have not yet received their COVID-19 vaccinations are encouraged to do so as soon as possible. You can book your vaccine appointment online.
Questions?

Do you have additional questions? Please see the FAQ's https://iicanada.org/resources/faith-tr ... ss-changes for more details.

https://iicanada.org/news/faith-traditi ... ss-ontario
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Talika Mubarak of Mawlana Hazar Imam, 13 December 2021

For other jamati languages go to:

https://the.ismaili/global/news/imamat- ... ember-2021

On the occasion of Salgirah, Mawlana Hazar Imam has graciously sent a Talika Mubarak to the global Jamat, which is being shared via The Ismaili.

10th December 2021

My beloved spiritual children,

On the occasion of my birthday, the 13th of December 2021, I send my warmest and most affectionate paternal maternal loving blessings to all my beloved spiritual children throughout the world.

I give my best loving blessings for the souls of all my ruhani spiritual children, and I pray for the eternal peace and rest of their souls.

There has been significant progress around the world in combating COVID-19. However, given the unpredictability of the mutations and spread of this virus, I reiterate to my Jamat, as I have guided, on a number of occasions, the critical importance of undergoing, without hesitation or delay, the vaccination processes initiated by the respective health authorities, and to continue complying with all recommended safety protocols and guidelines.

The strength and resilience which my Jamat and its institutions have displayed in coping with the damaging consequences of the pandemic have been admirable. It is my conviction that the traditional values of our Tariqah – of commitment to the faith, unity, self-reliance, care and generosity for others – will serve the Jamat well as we plan for the future. I look to the Jamati institutions to draw lessons from the recent adversity as they plan for the Jamat’s safety and progress going forward. The Imamat and AKDN institutions will work closely with the Jamati institutions in this process.

At this time, my Jamats in some areas are facing a situation of insecurity and conflict. I have directed the Imamat and AKDN institutions to take all possible measures to assist the Jamati institutions in extending support to my Jamat in these difficult times. To all my beloved spiritual children in these Jamats, I convey my special loving blessings for mushkil-asan, and for strength and courage.

It gives me great satisfaction to share with my Jamat that, with the ongoing increase in my workload, my beloved family members, upon my request, have assumed additional responsibilities in order to assist me in a number of important areas of my work.

I am most touched that on the occasion of my birthday, senior Jamati leaders have presented a beautiful gift on behalf of my global Jamat, which I accept with appreciation and gratitude.

I send my best loving blessings to all the spiritual children who have sent messages of congratulations and good wishes on this occasion.

I send my most affectionate loving blessings for your good health and happiness, spiritual progress, worldly success, strength of faith, and unity, with best loving blessings for mushkil-asan. You are all most particularly in my heart, in my thoughts, and in my prayers.

Yours affectionately,

Aga Khan

https://the.ismaili/global/news/imamat- ... ember-2021
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

What Do We Know About Omicron?

What is Omicron?
Why the concern?
Is Omicron more transmissible than the original or Delta variant?
Do vaccines protect you from serious illness from Omicron?
What about protection from being infected?
How can Omicron evade vaccines?
Are we in the same position as were in March 2020?
Isn't it true that both vaccinated and unvaccinated people can spread the virus?
Can you be re-infected?
If you have had COVID before, do you have protection?
How severe is it if you are infected with Omicron?
What can we do to protect ourselves?
Are rapid tests effective?
Are regular 3-layer masks enough to protect against Omicron?
What is a breakthrough infection?
Are breakthrough infections serous?
Aside from getting a booster shot, what else can I do?
What should I do if I test positive for COVID?
How long do I need to isolate?
But I live with other people.
What if I have been exposed to someone who has tested positive?
Is it OK to travel internationally?
What about travel within Canada?
So, is all this reason for panic?

Answers and responses at:

https://iicanada.org/resources/health-w ... ut-omicron
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Updates to Masking Policy for Jamatkhanas
December 23, 2021 | Canada

Due to the increased transmissibility of the new Omicron variant of COVID-19, starting Friday, December 31, those attending Jamatkhana are asked to use a non-medical 3-layer disposable mask OR a KN95/N95 mask.

If using a non-medical 3-layer disposable mask, ensure that it snugly covers your nose, mouth and chin.

Three-layer disposable as well as KN95/N95 masks are made based on filtration efficiency standards in place in Canada.

Cloth masks do not have equivalent national standards. In addition, single-layer cloth masks do not offer sufficient protection against the new variant of concern.

Thank you for your continued support and cooperation in helping to keep our Jamat and our communities safe during these unprecedented times.

Learn more about how to choose the right mask.

https://iicanada.org/news/health-wellne ... E.whatsapp
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

2021: A year of ups and downs

This year, despite ongoing disruption from the Covid-19 pandemic, medical advances and behaviour shifts began to stem the tide of severe cases and lift spirits. This precious glint of optimism is worth holding to, as we mark the passing of one year to the next.

2021 was a year of mixed sentiment, as the world experienced wild and unpredictable changes. Vaccines encouraged optimism and allowed reopenings, but large-scale inoculation efforts were hit by misinformation and unequal distribution. As we continue to witness a transforming landscape and the rapid spread of the Omicron variant, Covid-19 remains a serious threat.

In some ways, the past twelve months have brought about more exhaustion and uncertainty. In others, it was a year of cautious optimism for the future.

Exhaustion and uncertainty

Almost two years into the pandemic, news headlines and everyday conversations are still dominated by the fight against the virus and its impact on our lives, often causing Covid fatigue–a tiredness that cannot be resolved by sleep. We’ve all had to deal with an evolving danger–literally–along with a rollercoaster of emotions, from hopelessness to hope, and back again.

At the one year mark of the pandemic last spring, there was growing expectation that we might be turning a corner, but due to mutations in the virus and an uneven vaccine rollout, many of the same problems and challenges still exist. Sadly, cases continue to rise, and more deaths were reported this year than in 2020. Today, it seems we are barely any closer to the end.

According to the vast majority of scientists and doctors, the fastest way to end the pandemic is by vaccinating the world. At the present moment, however, only 7 percent of people in low-income countries have received a vaccine dose, compared to over 75 percent in high-income countries.

The swift, successful development and large-scale delivery of Covid vaccinations is an incredible achievement. We can be inspired and grateful, yet recognise, as the World Health Organization has advised, “it’s not vaccines that will stop the pandemic, it’s vaccination.”

We can each do our part to end the pandemic by accepting the offer when our turn comes. This helps yourself, but also your family, neighbours, colleagues, and the wider community. Taking a vaccine “clearly, by far and wide reduces the risk of problems that you could have if you should catch Covid,” said Dr Amir Janmohamed from Ontario, Canada. “You are safer getting a vaccine than not getting one.”

If you know someone who has been offered the jab and hasn’t come forward yet, consider having a kind and patient conversation with them. There’s a difference between those who are hesitant about vaccination and people who are completely against it. Reserve judgement and instead listen with empathy. Ask open-ended questions about their concerns, share trusted information, and leave the door open for further discussion.

While the phrase “none of us is safe until all of us are safe” may appear clichéd, it accurately describes our current predicament. The sooner we align with this thinking, the sooner we can begin looking beyond this ongoing state of emergency.

Cautious optimism

Amid the continuing disruption, this year was also one of restored and renewed hope in some quarters. After many months of anticipation, Jamatkhanas finally began to reopen in the spring, bringing back a sense of solace after a long hiatus.

“Once I heard that my Jamatkhana was reopening I felt a huge sense of relief,” said Zamila Rayani from the UK. “It was a sign of the beginning of getting back to some kind of normal.”

A huge volunteer effort began in earnest to prepare the various premises and protect the health and safety of returning members of the Jamat, while maintaining the sanctity of the spaces.

“When attending for the first time again, I felt privileged to go back to a place of peace, of unity, and of belonging,” Zamila continued. “I felt that a void in my life would now be filled and remain as such.”

As we entered the summer months, the Aga Khan University (AKU) and the University of Central Asia (UCA) both held virtual convocation ceremonies to celebrate the achievements of their graduating students. In a historic occasion, AKU was also awarded a new charter in Kenya.

The events were streamed live on The Ismaili TV, which also aired educational and entertaining festival programming around Navroz, Imamat Day, Eid, and Salgirah this year. The Ismaili Sounds continued to release new music from talented artists in the Jamat, and 2021 also saw new additions to The Ismaili Podcasts.

For many Ismailis, the inaugural Global Ismaili CIVIC Day was another highlight of the year, offering the opportunity to demonstrate our community’s ethics of good citizenship and civic engagement.

The initiative brought together members of the Jamat to engage in acts of volunteering and service for the betterment of our societies. Over 30,000 volunteers in 30 countries brought passion, energy, and enthusiasm to over 600 activities, contributing hundreds of thousands of hours of service.

Many Ismailis also followed with interest the developments at the COP26 conference in October, where world leaders gathered to discuss the most pressing issue of our time: climate change. While obstacles remain, the pacts agreed at the conference were broadly positive, and will amount to a substantial reduction in greenhouse gas emissions, deforestation, and fossil fuel use.

For its part, the Aga Khan Development Network made a landmark announcement to coincide with COP26, pledging to become net-zero carbon by 2030.

Other positive developments in the world this year included a growing trust in science and scientists; news of the first ever 3D printed school; and a rising awareness and concern about mental health conditions, thanks in part to athletes and others coming forward to share their experiences.

We also witnessed brave sacrifices by healthcare professionals, teachers, delivery drivers, supermarket staff, volunteers, and others whose resilience kept societies functioning over the past 12 months. The end of the calendar year is an opportunity to give thanks for their service.

As we approach the new year, we are still in the throes of a global crisis. The Omicron variant has the potential to cause havoc, but societies in general, and scientists in particular, are hopefully better prepared this time.

Are we nearly there yet?

The rational answer to questions about when the pandemic might end is that we don’t yet know, since things are changing so fast. We should perhaps have the humility to admit that we cannot be sure what’s next, or how far away we are from some of the freedoms we once enjoyed.

“Because it exists in our heads as well as in the physical world, the pandemic is partly about us – how we each individually feel,” said Danny Dorling, a professor at the University of Oxford. “The return of normality therefore won’t be marked by life returning to what it was before 2020, but by us feeling that things are normal again.”

As such, it might be wiser to let go of our pre-pandemic lives and instead accept that today’s era of unpredictability might be here to stay. Constantly adapting to change is tiring, but we must each find the strength of faith to keep moving forward in the face of new hurdles, supporting one another in the process, and accepting support where needed.

At a speech made in Nairobi in 2011, Mawlana Hazar Imam spoke of the uncertainty in life and how to best prepare for change. “The most important thing we can learn,” he said, “in a world of perpetual change is the ability to go on learning. None of us have all the answers - quite often we don’t even know what questions to ask. Nor can we discern the road ahead by looking in a rear-view mirror. Past lessons must constantly be renewed and reapplied, as we adapt to new technologies and new expectations.”

As 2021 draws to a close, we can draw lessons from how much more we know about Covid-19, about our own resilience, and about each other. We might also aim to adapt to new expectations about what normality looks and feels like for each one of us.

Finally, as we venture forward into more unknowns, we can take heart from the people and projects that continue to inspire us and give us hope for a healthier, more inclusive, and more sustainable world in 2022.

https://the.ismaili/global/news/feature ... -and-downs
Admin

Post by Admin »

Quebec Province has started a curfew from 10pm to 5 am as Covid-Omicron cases shot to 16,000 per day yesterday.

Restaurants are closing from today at 5pm except for take out and delivery.

Needless to say New year is spoil. Gathering in homes is forbidden.

All churches, jamatkhanas and other religious places are closed except for 25
people admitted for funerals.

School will be closed up to 17 January.

10% of the population of Quebec is still not vaccinated but those 10% take up 50% of beds in Hospitals.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Temporary Suspension of all Jamatkhana Ceremonies in Quebec
December 30, 2021 | Quebec and Maritimes

Provincial health authorities in Quebec have announced additional steps to limit large gatherings and close places of worship to reduce the risk of infection from the spread of COVID-19 as of December 31, 5 PM.

As a result, all Jamatkhana ceremonies in the province of Quebec will be temporarily suspended. This includes evening ceremonies as of December 31 and morning ceremonies as of January 1 in all Jamatkhanas.

We will continue to work closely with the public health authorities on the timing of the resumption of Jamatkhana ceremonies and will keep the Jamat informed.

The Jamati institutions will continue to provide regular information and updates to the Jamat via the electronic Al-Akhbar and iiCanada app. We pray for the safety and security of all Canadians and for all those affected globally.

https://iicanada.org/news/faith-traditi ... s-quebec-0
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Aga Khan Museum temporarily closed starting Wednesday, January 05, 2022.

Effective Wednesday, January 05, 2022, the Aga Khan Museum and Diwan restaurant will be temporarily closed in accordance with new Government of Ontario directives aimed at curbing the spread of COVID-19.

We will look to public health officials for guidance on when it is appropriate for the Museum to reopen.

Ticket purchases for affected Museum programs and events will be eligible for a refund. The Museum will contact ticketholders shortly with more information.

During our building closure, people around the world can continue to visit our online #MuseumWithoutWalls, where we post engaging art, talks, activities for families and children, and more — all experiences one can enjoy from the comfort and safety of home.

Explore artisan-made treasures from the Silk Roads and beyond online at the
Aga Khan Museum Shop. Free North American shipping over CAD$125. Curbside pickup available Wednesday through Friday from 10 am to 2 pm.

Sincerely,

The Aga Khan Museum Team

https://mailchi.mp/agakhanmuseum.org/th ... b9d5a6fa9e
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Generational agents of change: The individuals in northern Pakistan protecting their communities from COVID-19

Like much of the world, Pakistan continues to grapple with the pandemic requiring an emergency response throughout the country at an unprecedented scale. With the rise of the fast-spreading Omicron variant, communities in the mountainous north of Pakistan are rallying and playing their part in an effort to prevent the spread of the virus.

Alongside these communities, the Aga Khan Agency for Habitat (AKAH), with financial support from the European Union and the Aga Khan Foundation, are working to increase preparedness and response to COVID-19 in Gilgit-Baltistan and Chitral. Targeting schools, committee groups and wider community members, AKAH is implementing health and sanitation improvement programmes, distributing hygiene kits, and undertaking pandemic outbreak response planning that combines global best practice with local insights.

Here, we share how these training methods have been pivotal in empowering agents of change from all generations to keep their communities safe during the pandemic.

Individulal profiles and more...

https://www.akf.org.uk/generational-age ... 25c8c5fc8d
kmaherali

Re: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Related Updates

Post by kmaherali »

PCR testing and vaccinations come to Gilgit

Acting swiftly in reaction to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Aga Khan Health Services (AKHS) in Pakistan set up six response centres in the north of the country. For the people in the region, the new medical facilities have played a vital role in keeping them safe and healthy.

In order to improve the accuracy and acceptance of Covid test results, the Aga Khan Medical Centre in Gilgit transitioned from molecular testing to RT-PCR testing. RT-PCR tests are widely recognized and they process more test samples simultaneously. In fact, for every GeneXpert machine that can process four test samples at a time, RT-PCR testing can process 96 test samples simultaneously.

This increased capacity at the centre, and coupled with wider acceptance, provided the impetus for AKHS’ Covid-19 response to set up its very own modern RT-PCR laboratory. This type of testing is not just limited to Covid-19 - it can include testing for HIV, Hepatitis C, and other viruses.

However, it was difficult for AKHS to identify a local subject matter expert who could help set up the testing lab. Having worked with highly skilled Time & Knowledge Nazrana (TKN) volunteers in the past, the agency requested Sehreen Ali to serve on a voluntary assignment.

Sehreen is based in Houston, Texas, and has a proven record of accomplishment in clinical diagnostic laboratories and specialises in Flow Cytometry. Before visiting Pakistan, she successfully set up a Flow Cytometry laboratory in Kenya and trained a team there. Sehreen is known to be a dedicated professional and an incredibly generous person.

“My personal goal is to empower myself and others, and share my knowledge with as many people as possible,” she says, commenting on her personal philosophy.

Sehreen’s trip to Gilgit-Baltistan was short and fruitful, but included some challenges.

Although the relevant equipment had been procured, it had to be set up. In addition to the laboratory staff at the medical centre, two staff from the City Hospital in Gilgit also provided their support. Sehreen and her team had to trouble-shoot a number of hardware issues before they were able to get the lab up and running. She trained the local team on RT-PCR testing and highlighted the measures required to ensure that test samples in the laboratory environment did not become a contamination risk.

At the end of Sehreen’s visit, a batch of samples were tested and the results sent to the National Institute of Health in Islamabad for cross-referencing.

“All in all it was a great experience and the staff were very helpful,” said Sehreen, who plans to return to Pakistan in a few months to check on the progress of the laboratory and advise on any additional measures for improvement.

Since the establishment of the Aga Khan Medical Centre in Gilgit, a number of specialties have been added, along with diagnostic and imaging services. For specialties that are not yet available in the region, teleconsultations with the Aga Khan University Hospital in Karachi are available, saving residents time and money that they previously spent travelling to larger cities to seek specialist care.

AKHS in Pakistan is also playing a key role in the government’s vaccination programme. To date, more than 42,000 people in Gilgit-Baltistan have received a first dose of a Covid-19 vaccine, and 40,000 people have received a second dose at an AKHS health facility.

The Aga Khan Health Service is immensely grateful to Sehreen for travelling to Pakistan for this assignment and for her exemplary contribution as a TKN volunteer.

https://the.ismaili/tkn/pcr-testing-and ... ome-gilgit
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

NAVROZ MUBARAK!
Special Message from the National Council, ITREB, Mukhi Kamadia Sahebs
and Mukhiani Kamadiani Sahebas and Jamati Leadership

To all the Jamats of Kenya, Burundi, Rwanda, Namibia, and South Africa

21st March 2022
Ya Ali Madad.

On behalf of the Mukhi Kamadia Sahebs, Mukhiani Kamadiani Sahebas, Huzur Department, Board
Chairs, Members of the National Council, leaders of Jamati and Central institutions, and leaders of the
Jamat, we would like to wish you and your family Navroz Mubarak. We pray that you and your family be
showered with good health, happiness, iman-ji-salamati, barakat in your worldly and spiritual lives and
unity in your family, Ameen. We also pray for Mushkil Asaan for the Global Jamat and other
communities around the world.

It has now been two years since the world was completely changed by the pandemic. We are very grateful
to see a turnaround in the world today, and that with the increased vaccination rates globally, there is a
reopening and lifting of restrictions around the world. This makes us cautiously optimistic of a return to
life as we may have known it, yet we know that we are far from returning to the pre-pandemic era. As we
see restrictions lifted within the Kenya jurisdiction, we may feel that this allows us to be a little less cautious
with necessary precautions. However, the pandemic and its various mutations are still very much present,
and we must continue to do all we can for the safety of our families and communities. We therefore urge
the Jamat not to let their guard down and do everything necessary to keep everyone safe.

In the last two years, we have transitioned from being completely isolated from each other and in our
spaces of worship and community, to moving towards the opening of Jamatkhanas with government
aligned restrictions. We hope that we can look forward to connecting even more in those spaces this year,
and perhaps even returning to celebrating important events as we had in the past. In the last two years we
have seen how the immense power of our voluntary spirit connected the Jamat together in so many
different ways, from the creation of Ismaili TV, Mukhi Kamadia and Mukhiani Kamadiani pastoral care
calls and Jamati check-ins, to cooking and preparing takeaway biryani for Jamati members. We are
immensely grateful to all our volunteers.

In a speech at the Aiglon College in Switzerland in 2014, Mawlana Hazar Imam spoke of the potential of
hope in times of uncertainty, saying: “Fortunately, just as fear can be infectious, so hope is infectious.
When individuals and families and communities, or even nations, come together around newfound
hope… that new momentum can be unstoppable. The smile replaces the frown. Conversation replaces
silence. Fear of the future is replaced by confidence to respond to its challenges.”

In the message communicated by the LIF Chairman in March 2020, Mawlana Hazar Imam sent us the
following message which we remind the Jamat to reflect upon as the pandemic crisis eases:

“Please convey my best paternal and my best maternal loving blessings to my worldwide Jamat and tell
them that I think of them every minute of the day, each day, and I pray for Mushkil Asaan and for their
peace and happiness. We must remain strong and prepare to build, and to build well, when this crisis
passes.”

It is indeed hope that has brought us through these turbulent times and let us remember to be steadfast in
our faith. However, we must continue to be prudent and cautious as we plan for the future of our families.
The world is seeing political turbulence, and we also know that political changes in Kenya this year may
impact our economy. We urge Jamati members to be financially prudent, ensure that your family has
adequate safety nets and invest wisely. Our institutions are also here to serve and offer guidance.

Finally, we thank you all for the support that we have received in the last few years. It is only through your
support that we have all kept united as a global Jamat.

Thank you, and once again, Navroz Mubarak and Ya Ali Madad.

Alijah Saheba Shamira Dostmohamed
President of the Aga Khan Council for Kenya

Rai Ashif Kassam; O.G.W.
Vice President of the Aga Khan Council for Kenya
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

As received

True? Ya Ali Madad team,

We are pleased to announce the resumption of the following Jamatkhana practices.The practice of bringing sufro and of nandi ceremonies will resume on Thursday. Those wishing to offer mehmani to Mawlana Hazar Imam in this form, may do so. At this time, mehmani will only be offered on nandi paats, and not in the form of darbari or ruhani trays. For safety reasons, we ask that all sufro, including fruit, be carefully wrapped.

The distribution of sukhreet will resume as of Friday morning. Please receive the sukhreet using only the wax paper slips provided.

We offer Shukhrana on the resumption of these practices, and thank the Jamat for their continued support and patience through these transitions.

Best Wishes,
MKs
Toronto JK announcement
kmaherali

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE NATIONAL COUNCIL, ITREB KENYA AND JAMATI INSTITUTIONS IN RELATION TO CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19

Post by kmaherali »

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE NATIONAL COUNCIL, ITREB KENYA AND JAMATI INSTITUTIONS IN RELATION TO CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)

Ya Ali Madad.
The National Council and ITREB would like to inform the Jamat on further guidance received on the resumption of some of our Tariqah Rites and Practices to be implemented across the Kenya Jurisdiction Jamats effective Friday 22nd April 2022 from Morning Jamatkhana as follows:

1. The monetary Change Paat facility will be available to the Jamat within the Jamatkhana
Prayer Hall.

2. Tradition of Partaking of Sukhrit will resume. The Jamat will have an option of
either consuming Sukhrit after partaking Ab-e-Shafa and immediately putting the
mask back on or collect the Sukhrit as a take away for consumption later.

3. Jamati Members can now offer Mehmanis. All Mehmanis to be pre-wrapped in nonreturnable plates/transparent labelled containers. The Nandi volunteers will be available to support the Jamat to ensure all Mehmani is well wrapped before being placed on the Nandi Paats.

4. Milk and Fruit Mehmani ONLY will continue to be placed on Mukhi Kamadia Sahebs and Mukhiani Kamadiani Sahebas Paats. The rest of the Mehmani will be placed on the Nandi Paats. Both Milk and Fruit will be offered as Hazar Imam ji Mehmani, followed by Nandi of Milk, Fruit and other Mehmani will be done separately.

We respectfully request the Jamat’s co-operation, patience and understanding in the implementation of these measures as we gradually return to normalcy in a safe manner. We will continue to provide further details as the situation evolves.

Ya Ali Madad.
kmaherali

MESSAGE FROM AGA KHAN HEALTH BOARD KENYA

Post by kmaherali »

ANNOUNCEMENT 22ND JUNE 2022

COVID – 19 CASES ARE ON THE RISE THE COUNTRY

AS PER THE GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS, JAMAT IS REMINDED THAT WEARING MASKS WITHIN INDOORS SPACES IS MANDATORY THIS INCLUDES INSIDE JAMATKHANA AND THE NANDI HALL AREAS.

NON -COMPLIANCE OF GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES COULD RESULT IN FINES.

JAMAT IS REMINDED TO COME TO JAMATKHANA WITH MASKS
kmaherali

Mehndi Program Cancelled

Post by kmaherali »

PAKISTAN
🇵🇰🇵🇰🇵🇰🇵🇰🇵🇰

Ya Ali Madad.

Dear Leaders,

We regretfully inform you that Mehndi Program that was scheduled for Friday July 08, 2022 has been cancelled due to rise in COVID cases.

Kindly inform your respective teams accordingly.

We pray to Moula for Mushkil Asaan and quick normalization of the situation.

Regards,

Mukhi/Kamadia Sahebaan & Mukhiani/Kamadiani Sahebaat - RGJK
kmaherali

Announcement from Task Force & Mukhi Kamadia Sahebans

Post by kmaherali »

To be read in all Jamatkhanas on Thursday, 22 September 2022

The Task Force & Mukhi Kamadia Sahebans are pleased to inform the Jamat of further amendments of COVID protocols as follows:

1) The wearing of facemasks in Jamatkhana and in funerals and weddings are now made an optional requirement. Members of the Jamat who choose to
continue wearing facemasks are permitted to do so. Members of Jamat having flu like symptoms, are strongly requested to wear a face mask.

2) The practice of using water for the chhanta ceremony will resume.

3) The conduct of ceremonies involving close-contact gestures such as du'a karavi, chhanta and shah-jo-didar will continue as per the adjusted format
[i.e. hand-over-heart in place of the clasping of hands] for the present time.

4) Hand sanitizers will continue to be positioned at strategic points such as the entrances of the building, prayer hall, shoe area, in the vicinity of paats etc and its use is encouraged.

5) Practice of a volunteer sitting beside the Du'a reciter will resume.

6) Wearing of gloves by volunteers on duty at gatphat and nandi ceremonies will be discontinued.

7) Ab-e shafa (niyaz) would continue to be served in disposable cups.

Please note that the protocol changes will come into effect from tomorrow, Friday, 23 September 2022.

The Task Force and the Mukhi Kamadia Sahebans thank the Jamat for their understanding and support and look forward to the same in days to come.
mahebubchatur

Talika 10 December 2023

Post by mahebubchatur »

Salgirah Talika from Hazar Imam

Transmitted by email to all National Councils to share with all members of the Jamat globally

10 December 2023
Attachments
31f13a45-ea96-4224-8c37-25bc772400cf.jpeg
31f13a45-ea96-4224-8c37-25bc772400cf.jpeg (231.33 KiB) Viewed 4508 times
31f13a45-ea96-4224-8c37-25bc772400cf.jpeg
31f13a45-ea96-4224-8c37-25bc772400cf.jpeg (231.33 KiB) Viewed 4508 times