Noor-e-mubin

Discussion on doctrinal issues
star_munir

Noor-e-mubin

Post by star_munir »

Noor-e-mubin is a history book.There is a farman of Imam Sultan Mohammad Shah to read this book but this book is banned .Do any one know why.It is just a history book of our Imams.
roxy

Re: Noor-e-mubin

Post by roxy »

star_munir wrote:Noor-e-mubin is a history book.There is a farman of Imam Sultan Mohammad Shah to read this book but this book is banned .Do any one know why.It is just a history book of our Imams.
Noorum-Mubin means The Sacred Cord of God.

Noorum Mubin is also a book.

Now if sultan mohd shah mention read the book so only sultan mohd shah has the authority to ban the book. So legally the book is not banned because there is no such farman of banning of the book from mawlana hazar imam. FYI history books are for doing research, study, etc. and all that.

Where there is no such farman then also you mention this book is banned. Please note, this does amount to rumor mongering, which please refrain from doing.
Admin

Post by Admin »

Dear Roxy,

Please do not feel obliged to post all the time in all the subjects. Take the time to get informed and also from time to time to learn from other postings here.

Nurum Mubeen has never been banned. But Hazar Imam said at the Paris Conference in 1975 that Nurun Mubeen book should not be considered as THE only reference in Ismaili history.

Also you should know that the Memoirs are not the translation of Nurum Mubeen.

ADMIN
roxy

Post by roxy »

Admin wrote:Dear Roxy,

Please do not feel obliged to post all the time in all the subjects. Take the time to get informed and also from time to time to learn from other postings here.

Nurum Mubeen has never been banned. But Hazar Imam said at the Paris Conference in 1975 that Nurun Mubeen book should not be considered as THE only reference in Ismaili history.

ADMIN

Thank you for the reply Admin,

You mention that Nurum Mubeen has never been banned.
------
And I have mentioned "....So legally the book is not banned because there is no such farman of banning of the book from mawlana hazar imam."

You also mention:
Nurun Mubeen book should not be considered as THE only reference in Ismaili history
---------
So besides Nurun Mubeen, other history books should also be considered and vice versa. Here the word BOOK has been mentioned.

You also mention:
----------------
I am not sure on what basis you have mentioned this. In this particular posting it appears that I have nowhere stated that Memoirs are translation of Nurum Mubeen.

In fact if translation actually were required of Nurum Mubeen book - mawlana hazar imam would have mentioned this in a farman and the english nurum mubeen would have been there long time ago since the farmans are not wrong. So as far as translation is concerned - translation of nurum mubeen was not referred to at all.

In the premises aforesaid "The Memoirs of Aga Khan" in English Language (I am not talking about translation) and Mawlana Hazar Imam farmans in English language makes sense.

If farman actually meant about the translation then the translation was there but not made available to the majority of the jamat - for example in India farmans books kalame imame mubin and kalame imame zamaan (spelling may not be right) are not at all available. Lot of rumor mongering goes on by the responsible people in the council, tariqah board and other boards including jamat mukhis and kamadias and ex-mukhis and kamadias. For example one rumor mongering is one should only follow the lastest farman. Now ismailis pray 3 times a day, there are tasbis, etc. chandrat madlis is by sultan mohd shah, etc. etc. The last farman does not mention this but still the 3 times duas, tasbih, chandrat, etc. are there. So it is clear that only in case of conflict follow the last farman. Else what was there before is still there and valid. Similarly rumor mongering must have been going on and people fooled resulting in death of the english translation. - You know farmans are never wrong.

Also I had photocopied the book and I had mentioned the details in other posting as under:

NOORUM - MUBIN
or
The Sacret Cord of God
----
A Glorious History of Ismaili Imams.
---
by Alimahomed Janmahomed Chunara
Revised by Jafferali Mahomed Sufi
Second Edition 1950 - Copies 1500
Bombay - Ismailia Association for India.

From the aforesaid it is clear that the book being second edition and printed in about 1950 has been revised and still termed as Noorum-Mubin.
So this book was subject to revision during the period of sultan mohd shah itself.

It is thus clear that this book was revised and the revision must have have been based on reference of other material other then noorun mubeen book.

I am repeating part of your quote:

Hazar Imam said at the Paris Conference in 1975 that Nurun Mubeen book should not be considered as THE only reference in Ismaili history.

Going still deeper - from where actually the contents of the nurun mubeen book came - reference from other materials - natually.
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Dear admin
I have just heard yesterday that according to paris conference resolution Norum mubin no longer to be made available as standard text book of ismaili history.I think this is rumour but I want to ask you about ths as you have read minutes of pars conference.Also what are the main points of paris conference?
roxy

Post by roxy »

star_munir wrote:Dear admin
I have just heard yesterday that according to paris conference resolution Norum mubin no longer to be made available as standard text book of ismaili history.I think this is rumour but I want to ask you about ths as you have read minutes of pars conference.Also what are the main points of paris conference?
During my Mom days also Norun Mubin was never the text book. I have confirmed this with my Mom. The subjects were Manko, History (not the norun mobin - the spelling not being checked) and Ginans. So it appears what you have heard is just rumor.

I would however like to know what Hazar Imam said at the Paris Conference in 1975. I would also like to know why this has not been made available to the Jamat.