Français  |  Mission  |  About us  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact  |  What's new  |  FAQ  |  Search  | 

Welcome to The Heritage Web Site

-->
MY HERITAGE
New Heritage
Main Page
New Account
Set as Homepage
My Account
Logout
GOLDEN JUBILEE
Statistics
DIDARS
COMMUNICATE
Forums
Guestbook
Members List
Recommend Us
NEWS
Timelines
Ismaili History
Today in History
LEARN
Library
Youth's Corner
Ginans
FAIR
Gallery
Photo Album
Others

www.ismaili.net :: View topic - AMAZING STORIES
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   
Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

AMAZING STORIES
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ismaili.net Forum Index -> Current Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmaherali

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

‘Lionhearted’ Girl Bikes Dad Across India, Inspiring a Nation

A 15-year-old migrant girl pedaled hundreds of miles to bring her injured father back to their home village. India’s cycling federation has taken notice.

NEW DELHI — She was a 15-year-old with a simple mission: bring papa home.

Jyoti Kumari and her dad had nearly no money, no transport, and their village was halfway across India.

And her dad, an out-of-work migrant laborer, was injured and could barely walk.

So Jyoti told her dad: Let me take you home. He thought the idea was crazy but went along with it. She then jumped on a $20 purple bike bought with the last of their savings. With her dad perched on the rear, she pedaled from the outskirts of New Delhi to their home village, 700 miles away.

"Don’t worry, mummy,” she reassured her mother along the way, using borrowed cellphones. “I will get Papa home good.”

During the past two months under India’s coronavirus lockdown, millions of migrant laborers and their families have poured out of India’s cities, desperate and penniless, as they try to get back to their native villages where they can rely on family networks to survive.

Many haven’t made it. Some have been crushed by trains; others run over by trucks. A few have simply collapsed while trudging down a long, hot highway, dead from exhaustion.

But amid all this pain and sadness now emerges a tale of devotion and straight-up grit. The Indian press has seized upon this feel-good story, gushing about Jyoti the “lionhearted.”

And a few days ago, the story got even better.

While resting up in her village, Jyoti received a call from the Cycling Federation of India. Convinced she had the right stuff, Onkar Singh, the federation’s chairman, invited her to New Delhi for a tryout with the national team.

Photo and more...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/22/world/asia/india-bicycle-girl-migrants.html?campaign_id=2&emc=edit_th_200523&instance_id=18732&nl=todaysheadlines&regi_id=45305309&segment_id=28939&user_id=b5e5426f5c89f06ac9cd19778d3e6de3
View users profile Send private message
kmaherali

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mother Goose Takes Care Of 47 Babies And Keeps Them All Safe

Mike Digout has never been a big fan of Canadian geese. But this spring his views changed after meeting one remarkable mother goose caring for a very large family.

Since work from home started, Digout has been taking walks along the Saskatchewan riverbank near his home in Saskatoon and bringing along his camera to capture the wildlife that lives there. That's where he first met the geese.

"I was out every night walking on the riverbank looking for beavers and, of course, there was a lot of geese activity as they were coming from the south and looking for a place to nest,” Digout told The Dodo. “It got to be quite entertaining to watch the geese fighting over places to nest and protecting their nests.”

In May, Digout noticed the first batch of goslings had hatched. “They’re so cute when they’re little — like little tennis balls with legs,” Digout said. “So I started taking pictures of the goslings while I was waiting for the beavers to come around.”

One night, Digout was sitting near some reeds along the riverbank when he saw a mother goose with an unusually large group of goslings. One by one, the babies started crawling under her feathers to go to sleep for the night, until he counted 16 fluffy bodies crowded under their mom's protective wings.

“I was stunned that this mom had 16 babies, so I started going back every night looking for this mom and her goslings,” Digout said. “And every day it seemed like she had a bigger group.”

Photos and more...

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/lifestyle/lifestylebuzz/mother-goose-takes-care-of-47-babies-and-keeps-them-all-safe/ar-BB15pChL?li=AAggFp5&ocid=mailsignout
View users profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ismaili.net Forum Index -> Current Issues All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: