chantas dua

Discussion on R&R from all regions
al05

chantas dua

Post by al05 »

pls. forgive me- pls. can tell how to recite chantas dua during the ceremony and its meaning<BR><BR>YAM<BR>AL
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

http://sun.ismaili.net/re/page57.html

Like DU'A KARAW-WI, CHHANTA ceremony is undertaken for forgiveness of our sins and therefore we must be truly repentant.

We want Mowlana Hazar Imam to forgive us our sins and so we must really feel sorry for having committed them. We must sincerely and humbly pray for his forgiveness and take an oath in our hearts that we will not commit the sins again.

On performing the Chhanta ceremony we must go very respectfully before Mukhisaheb or Kamadiasaheb and kneel down before him. Joining our hands in seeking forgiveness, we must say: "TOBO, TOBO, YA SHAH BANDO GUNEHGAR GAT BAKSHE SHAH PIR BAKSHE" which means

"I REPENT, I REPENT, O LORD! I AM A SINFUL PERSON; IF THE JAMAT FORGIVES, SHAH PIR (HAZAR IMAM) FORGIVES."

To this Mukhisaheb will say:
"SHAH PIR BAKSHE" which means,
"SHAH PIR (HAZAR IMAM) FORGIVES."

We must repeat "TOBO, TOBO" a second time and a third time, and each time we have said this, Mukhisaheb will say "SHAH PIR BAKSHE". Then Mukhisaheb will dip his fingers in the water over
which a prayer of Nade Ali has been said and sprinkle the water thrice on the face. Each time he puts the "Chanta", he will say 'FARMAN' to which we must say "YA ALI, YA MUHAMMAD." Then we must take the hand of Mukhisaheb very respectfully and kiss it.

Having washed ourselves clean and put on new clothes we keep away from filth and dirt. We do not sit or roll on dirty ground. It would be foolish to do so. By taking the Chhanta we have cleansed our souls and so we must not fall into sins again which are like filth and dirt for the soul. We must always keep our heart, mind and soul pure by keeping away from acts which are not pleasing to Mowlana Hazar Imam.

Chhanta ceremony is done on every Chandraat and also on the 23rd night of Ramadhan which is knownas 'Lail-tul Qadr.

Chhanta is given when an Ismaili is on his death bed and also to an Ismaili who has died.

Chhanta is given by Mukhisaheb, Kamadiasaheb, Mukhiyanima, Kamadiyanima or any other person who has been appointed by them.
Besides being a ceremony for forgiveness of sins, Chhanta ceremony is also performed during the CHHATHI of a newly born Ismaili child and when someone becomes an Ismaili.

We must remember that Chhanta ceremony purifies us of our sins only if our repentance is true and sincere. Every time we take Chhanta we must vow to keep away from sins. We must do all we can to become better and better from one Chandraat to another, and this is what will please Mowlana Hazar Imam the most.

* The prayer said on the water is:

"NAAD ALIYAN MAZHARAL AJA'IB TAdIDAHU AWNAN LA-KA FIN-NAWAIB, KULLU HAMIN WA GAMIN SAYANJALI BI WILAYATIKA YA ALI, YA ALI, YA ALI"

It means:

CALL ALI IN WHOM ALL WONDERS ARE REVEALED; YOU WILL SURELY FIND HIM HELPING YOU IN DIFFICULTIES. ALL WORRIES AND SORROWS WILL DISAPPEAR BY HIS HELP. (SO CALL) O ALI! O ALI! O ALI!"
guest0805

chanta

Post by guest0805 »

<p>I am told that when doing Chanta, if the water is coming down dropping from nose tip is very blessing. any o&shy;ne can shed some light o&shy;n this? appreciate your replies</p>
charlie

Re: chanta

Post by charlie »

guest0805 wrote:<p>I am told that when doing Chanta, if the water is coming down dropping from nose tip is very blessing. any o&shy;ne can shed some light o&shy;n this? appreciate your replies</p>
It is an honest repentance and promise not to repeat same mistakes or sins over and over is counted and not the dripping of water under nose. If that has been the case then every one should have desired that Mukhi should pour a cup of water on face so the nose should have been blessed.
charlie

Post by charlie »

Quote:
We want Mowlana Hazar Imam to forgive us our sins.

My query:
Will Shah Pir forgive sins committed by a rapist or a murderer or cruelty against humanity or mass killers?
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

charlie wrote: My query:
Will Shah Pir forgive sins committed by a rapist or a murderer or cruelty against humanity or mass killers?
There has been discussion on this in this forum at:

Has the Imam/s ever made firmans on abortion?

http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... ht=hathyaa
charlie

Post by charlie »

kmaherali wrote:
charlie wrote: My query:
There has been discussion on this in this forum at:

Has the Imam/s ever made firmans on abortion?

http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... ht=hathyaa

Please pay attention to my question, it is about chhanta and not abortion!!

My query:
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

charlie wrote: Please pay attention to my question, it is about chhanta and not abortion!!

My query:
Sorry, I did not clarify. The thread that I alluded to refers to sins that cannot be forgiven besides abortion - the ones you have mentioned.
charlie

Post by charlie »

Imam Sultan Muhammad Shah in a Farman said,"Until a person who is victim will not forgive till the sinner will not be forgiven for his bad deeds". Now question is, how the chhanta is helpful when the sinner has not even requested for pardon?
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

In my opinion Chhantas do not serve any purpose if the offended/affected individual/s have not even been approached for pardon by the sinner.
Admin

Post by Admin »

I know many people either on their deathbed or in some moment of their life decide that they forgive all the people who have wronged them in life, they decide this without any sinners having asked them to be pardoned.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

In any case, the expectation that the victim will eventually forgive, should not be considered as a license to continue sinning. Asking for pardon from the victim is an expression of remorse and the intention to stop the sins from recurring.
charlie

Post by charlie »

In my opinion Chand Raat Chhantas are for not reciting Dua 3 times regularly, not paying Dasond, not doing BK Zikr if promised, laziness to attend majalis, avoiding Bheej and so on.
Admin

Post by Admin »

There are sins against the Imam and there are sins against the people.

Sins against the Imam are forgiven everyday when we do Dua Karawi. Chantas of Chandraat are for sins against people which Imam forgives when the people forgive.

Chantas in Mijlases are for failing to perform our committments taken when we enter Mijlas.

As of Chantas of Layltul Qadr, there is already description in other section. Lets stick to the thread and lets not get disctracted.