contacting mowla

Discussion on doctrinal issues
salimamotani

contacting mowla

Post by salimamotani »

dear people i know this is the most radical idea ever. I know that each murid has to behave in a proper way and i know about the Noman code towards the Imam but my situation is a little unusual. I need advice of my mowla not my family not my friends nothing, You see my life has came to a stand still. My life dream was and is to become a doctor but because of circumstances my grades have not been the best. Being hospitalized and so forth. With four years of trying to get my gpa up and no success i have steered my self into the respiratory therapy feild (more common in canada and america). Unfortunatly this is not wear I want to be it is somthing i have just accepted. I know people are able to contact mowla and have heard stories of people writing emails and sending mails to mowla. I was wondering if this was possible please advice thanks
ShamsB

Re: contacting mowla

Post by ShamsB »

salimamotani wrote:dear people i know this is the most radical idea ever. I know that each murid has to behave in a proper way and i know about the Noman code towards the Imam but my situation is a little unusual. I need advice of my mowla not my family not my friends nothing, You see my life has came to a stand still. My life dream was and is to become a doctor but because of circumstances my grades have not been the best. Being hospitalized and so forth. With four years of trying to get my gpa up and no success i have steered my self into the respiratory therapy feild (more common in canada and america). Unfortunatly this is not wear I want to be it is somthing i have just accepted. I know people are able to contact mowla and have heard stories of people writing emails and sending mails to mowla. I was wondering if this was possible please advice thanks
Write a letter and address it to Hazar Imam - give it to your local leadership (Council Chair/Mukhi).
They are oath bound to forward it to the Imam.

Shams.
salimamotani

Post by salimamotani »

shamsB thanks for the quick response. Well see the thing is that me and the local council havent been on the best of terms. But any ways i wrote the letter and approached some one in the local council and their reply is mowla cant be bothered with small pity letters!!!!! i couldnt believe my ears. I am totally lost on what needs to be done.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

I think we should also be realistic about the expectation of responses from MHI in a physical sense. I was told by a well connected source that he has 8 secretaries to handle his mail!

Better to focus on spiritual connection. Response can be swift...
salimamotani

Post by salimamotani »

kmaherali wrote:I think we should also be realistic about the expectation of responses from MHI in a physical sense. I was told by a well connected source that he has 8 secretaries to handle his mail!

Better to focus on spiritual connection. Response can be swift...
How can you contact mowla through spiritual sense? i have heard threw bandagi or nadi ali but all of these have been fruitless. I am so lost on wear my life is going.
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

How can you contact mowla through spiritual sense? i have heard threw bandagi or nadi ali but all of these have been fruitless. I am so lost on wear my life is going.
Bandgi and Nad-e-Aliyan always bring results but it is long process you need to continue these practices for long time and you need to have patient for this long time, in your case it seems that you wants quick response from mowla so it will not work for you, so you must need to contact mowla by mail, it is faster but do not expect the reply of mowla within couple of days or weeks it may take months to receive answer from him, so you need little patient here too.

As an ex council member and employee, I would like to give you one important suggestion, after you handover or gave your letter to Mukhi or any council members, please keep asking them about the progress of your letter and make sure that council already forwarded your letter or not? I think this advise will be helpful to you because my experience tells that many time council does not give much attention on unimportant thing like this or make intensionally delay to take any action, this kind slow action may not important to them but it may be most important thing for you, so keep asking them until you totally satisfied that your letter has been forwarded to mowla.
GOOD LUCK.
salimamotani

Post by salimamotani »

agakhani wrote:
Bandgi and Nad-e-Aliyan always bring results but it is long process you need to continue these practices for long time and you need to have patient for this long time, in your case it seems that you wants quick response from mowla so it will not work for you, so you must need to contact mowla by mail, it is faster but do not expect the reply of mowla within couple of days or weeks it may take months to receive answer from him, so you need little patient here too.

As an ex council member and employee, I would like to give you one important suggestion, after you handover or gave your letter to Mukhi or any council members, please keep asking them about the progress of your letter and make sure that council already forwarded your letter or not? I think this advise will be helpful to you because my experience tells that many time council does not give much attention on unimportant thing like this or make intensionally delay to take any action, this kind slow action may not important to them but it may be most important thing for you, so keep asking them until you totally satisfied that your letter has been forwarded to mowla.
GOOD LUCK.
you said you were an ex council member and employee. I have to ask do you have any contacts with mowla atm. I am asking is because the local council over hear refuses to take my letter to mowla
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Salima,
As per my understanding local council can not refuse to take your letter unless they have solid reason not to accept your particular letter, ask them for the reason why they are not accepting your letter? You wrote in your previous post that you do not have good relationship with council member this reason may possible for refusal, I do not want to create big issue between council and you but in past I personally witnessed many Ismailis contacted mowla via local or national council and they received answer from imam too, therefore I still suggest you to send your letter via local or national council if possible and that is appropriate and fastest way.

Read ShamB's quotation below:-
They are oath bound to forward it to the Imam.

So as per oath they can not refuse to take your letter, if they still refuse to take your letter then ask them for Aglimont address, this way you can send your letter directly to mowla.

By the way, I was council member and employee many years ago and therefore I would suggest you please ask council member politely to send your letter to mowla, but sorry, I do not have any contact with Mowla at this moment or any council member in your region (I believe you are in Canada.) I can only pray for your good health and for success in your ambition to be a doctor.
AS AN ISMAILIS WE ALL SHOULD FOLLOW THE GUIDELINE CREATED BY COUNCIL.
salimamotani

Post by salimamotani »

shiraz.virani wrote:I dunno why people have to twist everything and channelise everything in order to reach aga khan........To ms.suicidal , heres the person whom you should contact or write a letter to............the only person[non ismaili] who can convey your message str8 to aga khan

Kris Janowski
Department of Communications
Secretariat of His Highness the Aga Khan
60270 Gouvieux, France
Tel: +33 3 44 58 40 00
Email: kris.janowski@aiglemont.org

Praying and talking to agakhan via spirituality is BS and so is giving letters to corrupt and post hungry council members...@ above might be the best solution

and yeah your welcome :)
shiraz it isnt bs to talk to mowla spiritually. my mom does it and my grandma does it. But i agree their are corrupt and hungry council members especially after seeing a forged signature of mowla
salimamotani

Post by salimamotani »

shiraz.virani wrote:
yes allah wants you to be some wear. what we want isnt what we always get. This is why i want advice from mowla. If he wants me to stay in the respiratory therapy field. THen that is where i will stay but if he wants me to pursue my dreams that is what i will do. I will do what my mowla wants me to do
What if you dont get any reply ?? thats what iam asking !!!

shiraz mowla never never ignores any letters from his murids if he gets it in his hands. If the letter gets intercepted by some one that is a totally different situation. I truly believe mowla knows what is happening in my life. Every single minute of my life. I believe he knows I am trying to contact him that is why he sent you to this forum to give me an email address who will transmit the letter to him.
AnIsmaili786

Post by AnIsmaili786 »

Ya ALI Madad

One of Mowlana Sultan Mohd. Shah's (A.S) quote comes to mind, I thought I'd share with you, "Struggle is the meaning of life,defeat or victory is in the hands of God. But struggle itself is man’s duty and should be his joy."

I have always reflected on this quote made by the Holy Imam, whenever I'm going through a tough phase in life. I hope it helps you out.

Also please do continue reciting your tasbihs for as long as it takes, he is most beneficent most merciful.

Rather than striving to make a physical contact with the Imam, try to initiate a Spiritual connection with him. Why bother going through various channels to make a physical contact with the Imam, when you can have him on speed dial through a spiritual connection?

I will keep you in my prayers, and I pray to Hazar Imam to grant you strength and courage to make it through this difficult time. Ameen

I'd like to quote a verse of a Ginan to the poster who claimed making spiritual connection with my Imam is BS

Darshan dekhiya mann santokhiya ji
mahapad paami chhu(n) raaj, anand hun paami

Mahapad keri bhaai vaat chhe nyaariji
koi na jaanne e kaaj, anand hun paami
salimamotani

Post by salimamotani »

anismaili786 thank you for your concerns and yes that quote did help and i will keep my tasbhi up but their are things in life wear you need quick replies and this is one of the things. I just sent the email hoping that the secretary of mowla will forward it to mowla asap. lets see what happens.
GMR

Post by GMR »

Dear all,

Let me start my post with the irshad of Holy Imam: "I think that it would be [b]foolish[/b]to believe that there are no problems. Life is made of problems. They occur everday to just about everyone around the world and I think it is important we should simply accept that, that is life and we must live it fully and courageously. Speech USA 1986"

When you are in difficulty in a worldy way, for time or work, take your tasbih, take your tasbih, Call YA ALLAH YA MOHAMMAD, YA ALI.

It clearly revealed that Holy Imam directed all of his murids to follow a proper way. This is the spiritual way to contact Allah (SWT) through the Holy Imam.

As far as some posts and their disagreement is concerned, I dare to little bit disagree with them , because Holy Prophets, Imams and Saints are very close to Allah (SWT) as compared to common people. Allah (SWT) never turns down their requests and if we request through their intercession, I think there shouldn't be harm.

Secondly, most of (Ismailis) are known as mushriks among the muslim Ummah, because of their own imported faith. Some Ismailis hold idols in their homes, some say Ali is Allah, and some prostrate before the picture of Holy Imam (Nauzubilllah). So I suggest and request such people, to kinldy stop imposing their shirk infested faith on all the murids of Holy Imam. Because of this, it brings a bad name to our Holy Imam as well as to his murids. If Ismailis are living in the West, then there's no problem, and if you are living in the countries like Pakistan, Afghanistan, and in muslim countries, then you should have four eyes and ears instead of TWO. You better know that what is going on in the muslim world. They are busy killing each other, even their own fellow muslims. So we must be careful, while expressing our views on the electronic media, because it's open to all and you cannot stop anyone to read your post(s).

There are more or less forty million of Ismailis around the globe, but they hold different faith. I think the guidance of Holy Imam is important as compared to our own wishes or faith or so called imported one in Imam's given faith. We don't even bother to know the meaning of our Holy Dua. Your faith is given in it. So please try to understand it' smeaning and try to follow on it.
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Code: Select all

I know people are able to contact mowla and have heard stories of people writing emails and sending mails to mowla. I was wondering if this was possible please advice thanks
I think Salima asked questions ( look her above post), how to contact with mowla? and I believe not for any farmans or ginans on difficulties on human life, but I noticed that most readers ( not all) posting farmans and ginans instead of giving the right answer of her real question. how to contact with mowla?
Therefore, please focus on what she asked for (how to contact mowla)and answer her post rather than posting farmans and ginans.
salimamotani

Post by salimamotani »

this is totally disheartning. I sent the letter to mowla's secretary. around 5 emails sent since beginnning of janurary and not once did i get a reply back. it looks like leaders have stopped communications from all angles. Because atleast hear in the US no one in the jamat is being allowed to send letters to mowla.
shiraz.virani

Post by shiraz.virani »

Sister salima wrote :
this is totally disheartning. I sent the letter to mowla's secretary. around 5 emails sent since beginnning of janurary and not once did i get a reply back. it looks like leaders have stopped communications from all angles. Because atleast hear in the US no one in the jamat is being allowed to send letters to mowla.
Arent you the one who said mowla never ignores anyone or anyone's email/mail !!!

I told you hez busy in his own life !!

What happened now ?? Ok ok Lets forget all this sister........If I may....could you please tell us what is bothering you ?? It might be that there are others over here who can help you !

Salima, ask !!!!!!!! and insha allah... you might find the answer for god comes in various faces :)
salimamotani

Post by salimamotani »

shiraz.virani wrote:Sister salima wrote :
Arent you the one who said mowla never ignores anyone or anyone's email/mail !!!

I told you hez busy in his own life !!

What happened now ?? Ok ok Lets forget all this sister........If I may....could you please tell us what is bothering you ?? It might be that there are others over here who can help you !

Salima, ask !!!!!!!! and insha allah... you might find the answer for god comes in various faces :)
ur **** edited by Admin : insults are not allowed here!***. read what i said "it looks like leaders have stopped communications from all angles" meaning that the leaders are stopping the emails from getting to him.

Also somethings are between the murid and the murshid. It has been reported from uthman that "some matters are for public to know and something is between a follower and me. The thing that is between me and the follower should not be discussed in public". with that being said this issue is between mowla and me. You have no reason and no one on this bored has any reason to know
Bloglaw

Post by Bloglaw »

"this is totally disheartning. I sent the letter to mowla's secretary. around 5 emails sent since beginnning of janurary and not once did i get a reply back. it looks like leaders have stopped communications from all angles. Because atleast hear in the US no one in the jamat is being allowed to send letters to mowla"

If you have still not heard I would suggest you start again. Address your letter to Hazar Imam, seal it, and give it your Local Mukhi Saheb, with a token mehmani. At the same time write a letter to the President of the council, informing him/her that you have previously written and giving the name of the individual/s and what precisely was said to you when you approached him/them. Also inform Him/her that you have handed a letter to Mukhi Saheb with a mehmani. In the letter also request that you would like confirmation that your letter and Mehmani has been forwarded to Hazar Imam.

For your information, the process is that the letter would be handed to the President and he/she would forwarded to Hazar Imam, and confirm to you that he has forwarded the letter to Hazar Imam. This is what Imam has directed and is a part of our constitution.

I hope that the above is of help to you. Please be patient and follow up with respect which I am sure you will do.
NESTOR

NON-ISMAILI SENDING A LETTER TO HIS HIGHNESS THE AGA KHAN?

Post by NESTOR »

Hello-Hello,
How would a Non-Ismaili send a Letter to His Highness The Aga Khan?
shivaathervedi_3

Post by shivaathervedi_3 »

An Anecdote:

Two decades ago, in Karachi I requested a leader who was about to leave for meetings with Imam (He knew me well). I requested that I want an audience with Hazar Imam (even for 5 minutes). I implored him him to submit my humble request at Aiglemont.
He laughed at me and said," Beta proriei (early morning) sit in bandagi and have communication with Imam".
I laughed at him and said, "Uncle why not you sit in bandagi and communicate with Imam and give your air ticket to me so that I have an audience with Mowla".
He replied,"Tu sudhrey ga nahi" and laughingly left.
Admin

Re: NON-ISMAILI SENDING A LETTER TO HIS HIGHNESS THE AGA KHA

Post by Admin »

NESTOR wrote:Hello-Hello,
How would a Non-Ismaili send a Letter to His Highness The Aga Khan?
Just send letter through

Secretariat de Son Altesse le Prince Aga Khan
Aiglemont
60270 Gouvieux, France
NESTOR

Post by NESTOR »

THANX SO VERY-VERY MUCH FOR REPLYING TO MY QUESTION!!
NESTOR

Post by NESTOR »

Hello-Hello ADMIN,

One more thing; as I am a Non-Ismaili, how should I be addressing His Highness The Aga Khan in the Letter ( and in general )?

As His Highness The Aga Khan, Mowla or Hazar Imam?
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

NESTOR wrote:Hello-Hello ADMIN,

One more thing; as I am a Non-Ismaili, how should I be addressing His Highness The Aga Khan in the Letter ( and in general )?

As His Highness The Aga Khan, Mowla or Hazar Imam?
In my opinion address him according to what you know about and consider him from your heart. You can call him a friend, your highness, even Mowla if you consider him as such (even though you are not an Ismaili!).
NESTOR

Post by NESTOR »

Hello-Hello kmaherali,

Thanx so very much for your quick reply, which was enlightening and very nice.
Marr

Post by Marr »

Hello! Is it possible to write a letter to Mawlana Hazir Imam?
Admin

Post by Admin »

Marr wrote:Hello! Is it possible to write a letter to Mawlana Hazir Imam?
Absolutely. Just write it, seal the envelop, write on top private and confidential, to the Holy Huzur Pur Noor of Noor Mowlana Shah Karim, Aga Khan IV.

Give to your Mukhi or Council for further transmission to Mowlana Hazar Imam and ask a written confirmation from Council that they have forwarded you communication.
mahebubchatur

Post by mahebubchatur »

Admin wrote:
Give to your Mukhi or Council for further transmission to Mowlana Hazar Imam and ask a written confirmation from Council that they have forwarded you communication.
For your information, the process is that you either give the letter to the Mukhi Saheb or the President of the National Council in you country. The President sends it to the Department of Jamati Institutions (DJI). This is one of the community's constitutional entity. This is at Aiglemont in France, and is moving to Lisbon, Portugal. All letters received are opened in this department and processed by them. The persons in that department are Sherbanoo Moledina, Shafik Sachedina, Amyn Kassim Lakha, Arif Lalani and others, including secretaries.
swamidada_1

Post by swamidada_1 »

mahebubchatur wrote:
Admin wrote:
For your information, the process is that you either give the letter to the Mukhi Saheb or the President of the National Council in you country. The President sends it to the Department of Jamati Institutions (DJI). This is one of the community's constitutional entity. This is at Aiglemont in France, and is moving to Lisbon, Portugal. All letters received are opened in this department and processed by them. The persons in that department are Sherbanoo Moledina, Shafik Sachedina, Amyn Kassim Lakha, Arif Lalani and others, including secretaries.

"All letters received are opened in this department and processed by them".

Even before DJI, letters from jamaiti members were opened and read by top leaders with assistance of an Ismaili secretary to Imam, and on their recommendation only few letters reached on desk of Hazar Imam. Leaders kept tight grip on Ismaili affairs at that time till today. They want to keep all things under their control and secrecy. In sixties when letters started disappearing the jamaits adopted a new route. I was told, mostly letters were sent to Hazar Imam through Princess Tajuddoulla and Prince Sadardin. Hazar Imam used to visit his mother twice or thrice a month in London and she used to give that correspondence to Hazar Imam (as I am told). Leaders do not want their complaints should reach Hazar Imam, but Imam has other ways and means to collect information on them.
Admin

Post by Admin »

There is a Farman from our Imam to send our letters to him through Council and he has assured us that sealed envelope will not be opened by any other person. The secretary may open the envelops but I don't think she has permission to read inside. What happens in practice is that people who are unauthorized still abuse policies set by the Imam and read private and confidential letters.

I was told once by the head of Huzur department in North America that "we can not give to Hazar Imam sealed envelops as they may contain insults or accusation towards leaders, we read them and give the leaders the opportunity to reply before submitting the letter with the answers to the Imam and we put many offensive letters in the garbage". So that is how it happens.

But the fact is that we have to respect the Farman to send through Council. There is no way out.