Français  |  Mission  |  About us  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact  |  What's new  |  FAQ  |  Search  | 

Welcome to The Heritage Web Site

-->
MY HERITAGE
New Heritage
Main Page
New Account
Set as Homepage
My Account
Logout
GOLDEN JUBILEE
Statistics
DIDARS
COMMUNICATE
Forums
Guestbook
Members List
Recommend Us
NEWS
Timelines
Ismaili History
Today in History
LEARN
Library
Youth's Corner
Ginans
FAIR
Gallery
Photo Album
Others

www.ismaili.net :: View topic - ISMAILI ART AND MUSIC
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   
Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

ISMAILI ART AND MUSIC
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ismaili.net Forum Index -> Art, Architecture, Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmaherali

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch Mohamed Assani on The Harpreet Singh Show

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUiH46m2glY

Zikr Band - Painting by Nizar MacNojia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=VqXVzIQPAPs

Zikr Band - Members (from the right):

Kamal Haji : Band Lead, Keys, Melodica and additonal vocals

Zubair Feroz Bhimani : Drums – hails from Kutchh, India, and is known as Z-bear, for his crazy energy.

Firuz Shukrikhudov – Bass – is from Tajikistan, where he performed on TV and enjoyed the reputation of being a pop star

Saif Sattani – Lead Vocalist – has roots in Mumbai, India, and is a gifted singer. His most notable project was representing the USA jamat at the homage ceremony in Aiglemont, France on July 11, 2017.

Najeeb Jan – Rubab and Bansuri – is a respected musician from Hunza, Northern Pakistan

Painting By: Nizar MacNojia
View users profile Send private message
kmaherali

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Natasha Baig

There are very few voices that are a combination of force and subtlety - Natasha Baig.....

There are very few voices that are a combination of force and subtlety - Natasha Baig has that voice. Hailing from the scenic valley of Hunza, Baig was an athlete, playing under-19 cricket as an off-spin bowler in district matches. Unable to pursue her passion for sports, Baig turned her attention to music. “I started singing when I was about to leave cricket. I played my final under-19 representing Karachi in 2010 and I used to entertain my team mates by singing songs and used to make them sing along. Even in my childhood when my singing ability was undiscovered, people used to compliment my voice but I never paid attention, until I left sports and was left with nothing but music,” shares Baig.

More...

https://www.thenews.com.pk/magazine/you/362566-natasha-baig
kmaherali

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Afraaz Mulji
Published on Feb 1, 2017
An improvisation on piano based on "Malaika" a popular Tanzanian song.

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=3TFOyc9MaNw
kmaherali

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huse Madhavji

Actor & Performer

Huse Madhavji is best known for his roles on HBO Canada’s “Call Me Fitz” and CTV’s hit hospital drama “Saving Hope”. Prior to that, Huse was the face of Star! (now E! Canada) where he sat down with some of the worlds most familiar faces. He now lives in LA, working the stand-up/improv circuit while touring the U.S. as a vocalist for “Stories: Our American Journey”, telling the Ismaili Muslim story in America.

More...
https://www.reelworld.ca/huse-madhavji
kmaherali

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPOTLIGHT: WILL DONKEY RULE?

It was already 10 ‘o’ clock at night by the time I wrapped up my conversation with Aziz Jindani. More than three hours had gone by and we both ended up missing appointments. Jindani’s personal journey, and his reasons to get into filmmaking, had ended up being far more involving than most motion pictures.

Jindani is the director, producer and writer of The Donkey King (DK) — an animated film whose premise is literally encapsulated in the title (a ‘donkey’ becomes ‘king’). Unlike other filmmakers (or maybe like every other Pakistani filmmaker), Jindani knows little about the technicalities of screenwriting, or direction. Things just came together like he envisioned, he tells me. It’s probably because he has a very talented director of animation, he adds later.

More...
https://www.dawn.com/news/1437379/spotlight-will-donkey-rule
kmaherali

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Afraaz Mulji (19) is a passionate musician and curator, also known as Maestro Mi. After learning across Tanzania, India and Canada, he has played at various world renown venues such as the Roy Thompson Hall and Notre Dam. Vijana FM asked Afraaz five questions.

Five questions with Afraaz Mulji

More...
http://www.vijana.fm/2018/10/11/five-questions-with-afraaz-mulji/
kmaherali

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next generation of inspirational musicians

Two young Ismaili musicians have been making waves on Pakistan's pop music scene, excelling on the most coveted and respected music platforms in the country. Natasha Baig's soulful voice has made a mark on Coke Studio Season 11 while Asfar Hussain's band won this year's Pepsi Battle of the Bands.

More...
https://the.ismaili/new-musicians-excel-pakistan

I get chills when people say I’m a mini Abida Parveen: Natasha Baig

“Oh my God! You’re a different animal on stage!” exclaimed Ali Hamza, according to Natasha Baig, when he saw a clip of one of her concerts, moments before he and co-producer Zohaib Kazi told her she had been selected for the current season of Coke Studio.

Standing at only 5’1” the singer is a petite person with a big voice. She seems somewhat meek and demure in person, but when she stands in front of a microphone she is completely transformed — every look, gesture, expression perfectly synchronised with her powerhouse vocals, she owns her performance and the audience. And she appears tall, very tall.

After years of struggling, Natasha Baig finally got her big break. She opened the season of the popular music show with a collaboration with Farid Ayaz and Abu Muhammad Qawwal on an improvised version of Allama Iqbal’s Shikwa — she was doing the Shikwa part and she held her own against what is arguably Pakistan’s preeminent qawwal group.

More...
https://images.dawn.com/news/1181009

Mohamed Assani- Drishti Awards 2018
BY ISMAILIMAIL POSTED ON OCTOBER 30, 2018

This year’s Drishti Awards gala was held on Friday October 26, 2018 in Surrey, British Columbia. Mohamed Assani was awarded Drishti Awards for ‘Innovation in Arts’ for his years of innovative body of work and enduring contribution to Arts.

Mohamed shared this joyous news with his fans and well wishers on his FB page

“Happy and honoured to receive the Drishti Award for ‘Innovation in Arts’ on Friday. I am very grateful to a community around me who offers so much support and encouragement. Thanks to the whole Drishti Awards team and Nawal Tandon Sahab.”

Video:
https://www.facebook.com/assani1/videos/10157594128226808/
kmaherali

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“Explorations of the Absurd” by Afraaz Mulji
BY ISMAILIMAIL POSTED ON NOVEMBER 7, 2018

The highest attainment this album seeks to inspire, is the ultimate liberation and enlightenment that occurs when you simply “let go”. When you Abandon all attachments and then simply exist in a sacred space. A space which provides total freedom and safety for the experiments and explorations I undertook. I hope the music allows you to find and exist in this safe space. A space of Infinite possibilities.

“Explorations of the Absurd: Proceed with Gusto, Panache, Abandon.” is an Album which seeks to articulate a beautiful, strange, wilful reality which is the product of Mulji’s imagination. The album is not totally a work of fiction however, it seeks to express a perspective of wonder generated from the pursuit of artistic endeavour which derives from the sheer joy of living a life of constant search and pursuing spiritual freedom.

Afraaz is gearing up for a workshop titled ” The Art of Improving and Creative Freethinking” that he will conduct for Dar-es-Salaam Jamat in November of 2018. This initiative is supported by ITREB and IYSC. He will also be guest speaking at University of Dar-es-Salaam on November 15, 2018 on the topic of “How to listen: Bearing witness to the struggles of the Human condition”

Follow him on his Youtube channel here
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk8gVGdVx76KQSRMI4bBxnA

Read more about Afraaz here
/ismailimail.blog/2018/08/12/afraaz-mulji-a-young-prodigy-with-a-passion-for-uniting-people-through-music/

Share this via:
kmaherali

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hussein Janmohamed - Choral Music: The Road to Harmony and Peace

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0q0buX3fmM&amp=&list=PLS4N8YYLEMZY1ifSu4qT5tSNzaFtj_Ep1&amp=&index=5&utm_source=Direct

Hussein Janmohamed is a dynamic choral conductor, composer and community music educator. He has performed with some of Canada's finest choirs including Chor Leoni Men's Choir, Laudate Singers, and the National Youth Choir of Canada. Hussein is recognized as a leader in choral music for community building, cultural development and inspirational leadership. He is the co-founder of the Vancouver & Canadian Ismaili Muslim Youth Choirs. He has conducted choirs for audiences across Canada and in the presence of His Highness the Aga Khan and Governor General Adrienne Clarkson. Hussein's choral compositions, which have been premiered by eminent choirs, reflect a diversity of expression inspired by the Muslim world.

November 5th, 2011. University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Filmed by Craig Ross: Video edited by David Ng

About TEDx:

In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized.* (*Subject to certain rules and regulations)
kmaherali

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REATIVE BREAKTHROUGH Episode 08: Outsourced's Rizwan Manji - Persistence Pays Off

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISCGofPCtH0

Rizwan Manji is best known for playing Rajiv, the hysterically officious, scheming assistant manager of a call center in the NBC comedy OUTSOURCED, part of the network’s prestigious Thursday night comedy lineup. This groundbreaking TV show was the first American sitcom to be based in India and feature a predominantly Indian cast. Rizwan has also appeared on many popular TV shows including GLEE, ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT, IT’S ALWAYS SUNNY IN PHILADELPHIA, ANOTHER PERIOD, WITHOUT A TRACE, 24, NCIS, BONES, PRIVIL EGED, and BETTER OFF TED. Other memorable credits include THE WOLF OF WALL STREET, THE DICTATOR, TRANSFORMERS, and the critically acclaimed film PATERSON. Currently, Rizwan can be seen on the Pop TV sitcom SCHITT’S CREEK, SyFy’s THE MAGICIANS, USA’s MR. ROBOT and ROB RIGGLE’S SKI MASTER ACADEMY.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ismaili.net Forum Index -> Art, Architecture, Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: