Franšais  |  Mission  |  About us  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact  |  What's new  |  FAQ  |  Search  | 

Welcome to The Heritage Web Site

-->
MY HERITAGE
New Heritage
Main Page
New Account
Set as Homepage
My Account
Logout
GOLDEN JUBILEE
Statistics
DIDARS
COMMUNICATE
Forums
Guestbook
Members List
Recommend Us
NEWS
Timelines
Ismaili History
Today in History
LEARN
Library
Youth's Corner
Ginans
FAIR
Gallery
Photo Album
Others

www.ismaili.net :: View topic - Dandiya Raas
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   
Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

Dandiya Raas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ismaili.net Forum Index -> Padhramnis, Mulaquats and Didar other than Jubilees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shak00

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:16 am    Post subject: Dandiya Raas Reply with quote

Hazar Imam during his Darbars, has mentioned being with us at the time of Dandiya Raas quite a few times in his Farmans, but unfortunately there was no Dandiya Raas in the UK only Rasraa and some sort of new indian cowboy line dancing...Lets hope the Canadian Jamats take heed icon_biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message
nabruk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:34 am    Post subject: Re: Dandiya Raas Reply with quote

shak00 wrote:
Hazar Imam during his Darbars, has mentioned being with us at the time of Dandiya Raas quite a few times in his Farmans, but unfortunately there was no Dandiya Raas in the UK only Rasraa and some sort of new indian cowboy line dancing...Lets hope the Canadian Jamats take heed icon_biggrin.gif

Are you sure ? Which Durbar did you go to?? We went to EXcel and we played dandia on at least 3 of the 5 days that it was held there.
shak00

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good...I was actually referring to the evening of the main Darbar day UK (as I did not see anyone playing)...but I'm glad that there was Dandiya as you say...as I thought it has been overtaken by all these new dance routines, just like the old Dandiya raas has been outdated (Remember quite a few years ago, where you just stay in one place and switch to opposite sides?) Don't see that one much.
nabruk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shak00 wrote:
That's good...I was actually referring to the evening of the main Darbar day UK (as I did not see anyone playing)...but I'm glad that there was Dandiya as you say...as I thought it has been overtaken by all these new dance routines, just like the old Dandiya raas has been outdated (Remember quite a few years ago, where you just stay in one place and switch to opposite sides?) Don't see that one much.

Yes our energetic youth come up with new raas routines everyday, but believe me in between all that you will see Dandia as well- and all different styles of it. You are also partly right in that the old dandiya style is getting less popular day by day.
Nishams

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nabruk wrote:
shak00 wrote:

Yes our energetic youth come up with new raas routines everyday, but believe me in between all that you will see Dandia as well- and all different styles of it. You are also partly right in that the old dandiya style is getting less popular day by day.

Here in TO you will also see different dance routines ie, (Afghani, western, old and new style Rass, Dhandia and other things. Different Cultures which is really nice.
I am not sure about the other cities but wouldn't be surprised if it was the same.
Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject: H.H. The Aga Khan dancing Dandia Raas, the dance of sticks Reply with quote

H.H. The Aga Khan dancing Dandia Raas, the dance of sticks in his early age.

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ismaili.net Forum Index -> Padhramnis, Mulaquats and Didar other than Jubilees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: