Discussion on doctrinal issues
aeliya

bibi khatija

Post by aeliya »

salam

ya ali madad& 786/110

I would like to know the history of BIBi KHATIJA

though i am not ignorant o­n her path of life
but would like to know more abt her. as no one is much aware of her indeed...except that she was a business women ,,,,,n was rich. she was the first wife of our prophet.n was truely loyal towards him...i have also heard that prophet was her 3rd husband..is it right............

plz enlighten me with her knowledge
as she was the first finance minister of islam...
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

There is an article which can be accessed at:
http://193.111.227.225/isw/articles_rh/ ... 0Kubra.pdf
aeliya

salam

Post by aeliya »

sALAM
THANK YOU I WILL HAV A LOOK AT IT......................GUD TO HERE FROM U.......THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN
AlwaizaRashida

Post by AlwaizaRashida »

aeliya yam
u was asking a/b astronomy n its impact if u r living in karachi or sindh plz go through waizeen digest No.01 n 44 .U will get this digest in all REC liberary n itreb liberary too
aeliya

salam.

Post by aeliya »

yam

iam indeed not in karachi...can u give me an ideal view of my question
khomeini.momin

Post by khomeini.momin »

kmaherali wrote:There is an article which can be accessed at:
Just wanted to register my feelings after reading this very nice piece of research, as we should take a few minutes to give credit where it is due, to encourage such scholarship and widespread knowledge society effort within our community.

An excellent piece of synthetic work which presents history of Islam, from Prophet Ismael (AS) to Prophet Mohammad (SAW) in a continuous and integrated fashion through the personality of Hazrat Khadijatul Kubra. It would be real nice if the author, who has access to the copies of primary sources could show us where to get them. For example, I would like to critically examine this statement:

"According to the author of NÀsikhu’t-tawÀrÄkh, MÄrzÀ MuÈammad TaqÄ
Sipehr, she possessed 80,000 camels!"

before anyone else subjects it to question to cast doubt on the whole article. With google earth available, and the known archeological landmarks in Mecca commonly visited in Ziyara even today, it might be possible to roughly locate where these stables for such a large number of camels might be located and if it is logistically possible to raise such a number of animals cost effectively. How many employees are needed to take care of them ? Is it cost effective ? Is it necessary ?

All in all, it was a thoroughly enjoyable read and the author deserves commendation for this work. I see now after composing this reply that the author is Rashida in the pdf information section.
aeliya

Post by aeliya »

THANK YOU......
I WILL HAVE A LUK AT IT...........AND INFORM U AS SOON AS POSSJBLE...THANK YOU
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

khomeini.momin wrote:
All in all, it was a thoroughly enjoyable read and the author deserves commendation for this work. I see now after composing this reply that the author is Rashida in the pdf information section.
The author is Alwaeza Rahida Hunzai who works with the ITREB of the UK. I am glad that there is at least one person who enjoyed it!
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

kmaherali wrote:There is an article which can be accessed at:
The link does not work. One may access the article at:

https://shanetajallinqr.wordpress.com/a ... -articles/

Hazrat Khadijatul Kubra by Rashida Noor Mohamad Hunzai
FreeLancer

Post by FreeLancer »

Admin;

Please correct the name of thread, it is not KHATIJA but KHADIJAH.
swamidada_2

Post by swamidada_2 »

The.Ismaili > USA > Contemplating on the life of Bibi Khadija (a.s.)
Light, cast across a wall of calligraphic repetition of the names “Allah”, “Muhammad”, “Ali”, “Hasan”, “Hussain” and “Zahra”, is the dominant feature of the Prayer Hall at the Ismaili Centre, Dushanbe.
20 June 2020 | USA
Contemplating on the life of Bibi Khadija (a.s.)
Although Bibi Khadija is not explicitly mentioned in the Qur’an, we find implicit references to her in the verses that relate to the Ahl al-Bayt, the Prophet’s household. The Ahl al-Bayt presented in calligraphic repetition at the Ismaili Centre, Dushanbe.
PHOTO: MOEZ VISRAM
Prophet Muhammad (s.a.s.) had his first encounter with the Angel Jibra’il while meditating in a cave atop Jabal al-Nour (Mountain of the Light) at the age of forty. While this event is salient for us, as it marks the beginning of the Qur’anic revelations, the experience was deeply confusing for our beloved Prophet. He is reported to have felt overwhelmed, fearful, and distressed.

It was his wife, Hazrat Bibi Khadija (a.s.), who provided him with comfort and reassurance. Upon embracing Prophet Muhammad, she is reported to have told him:

“By Allah, Allah shall never subject you to any indignity … for you always maintain your ties with those of your kin, and you are always generous in giving; you are diligent, and you seek what others regard as unattainable; you cool the eyes of your guest, and you lend your support to those who seek justice and redress. Stay firm … for by Allah I know that He will not deal with you except most beautifully, and I testify that you are the awaited Prophet in this nation, and your time, if Allah wills, has come.”1

Bibi Khadija bint al-Khuwaylid, more commonly known as Bibi Khadija, was a successful businesswoman in Mecca, managing and conducting her own caravan trade. She was also known for her spiritual and moral virtues and is said to have regularly fed and clothed the poor and provided financial assistance to her relatives.2 Due to her exemplary character, she was referred to in Mecca as al-Tahira, or “the pure one.”3

Upon hearing of the Prophet’s trustworthiness and skill, Bibi Khadija hired him to oversee one of her caravans. Eventually, she proposed marriage to him and the two began a journey marked by closeness and mutual partnership. Supported by Bibi Khadija’s companionship and financial resources, the Prophet found the stability and time to devote himself to his spiritual quest, eventually leading to the first revelation.

Bibi Khadija stood valiantly by our Prophet when many in the community were against him. Even though she was eventually ostracized and endured great hardship, she never wavered in her support of the Prophet and his mission.4

Prophet Muhammad recognized this. He is reported to have said about her, “She embraced Islam when people disbelieved me, and she helped me in her person and her wealth when there was none else to lend me a helping hand.”5 It is widely accepted that Bibi Khadija’s business experience and wealth were vital to the security of the early Muslim community and the spread of Islam.6

Although Bibi Khadija is not explicitly mentioned in the Qur’an, we find implicit references to her in the verses that relate to the Ahl al-Bayt, the Prophet’s household. She was the mother of Hazrat Bibi Fatima az-Zahra (a.s.) and holds the title of “Mother of Believers,” an honorific bestowed on women of the Prophet’s household.7 She passed away three years before the Prophet’s hijrah to Medina. Her absence was so deeply felt by the Prophet that the year of her death came to be known as the Year of Sorrow.

As the first person to accept Islam, Bibi Khadija has a pivotal status in the Muslim tradition. She is not only a model of ethical conduct but also of female righteousness—exemplifying women’s autonomy, economic independence, and initiative.8 Her partnership with her husband, as both his physical and emotional companion, is an inspiration for us all. Let us remember her today and reflect on how her character, courage, and example can guide us in the current times.

1 Al-Jibouri, Yasin. Muhammad. Iran: Ansariyan, 2014, n.p.

2 Nasr, Seyyed H. Muhammad: Man of God. Chicago: Kazi Publications, 1995, p. 18.

3 Helminski, Camille A. Women of Sufism: A Hidden Treasure. London: Shambala, 2003, p. 30.

4 Ibid., p. 6.

5 Musnad Ahmad 6:117, p. 118, as quoted in Helminski, Women of Sufism, p. 30.

6 Ali, Kecia. The Lives of Muhammad. Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 2014, p. 125.

7 Jardim, Georgina. Recovering the Female Voice in Islamic Scripture: Women and Silence. United Kingdom: Routledge, 2014, p. 50.

8 Ibid., p. 51.

https://the.ismaili/usa/contemplating-t ... bi-khadija