Nyat - Niyah - action - intention

Discussion on doctrinal issues
Admin

Nyat - Niyah - action - intention

Post by Admin »

Here is an exhaustive study of the concept of Nyat

http://ismaili.net/timeline/2018/chatur-nyat.pdf

All discussion and reference on Nyat - intention (Ginan, Qasidas, etc) should be added in this new thread.
mahebubchatur

Niyat - Dua and meaning

Post by mahebubchatur »

Meaning of Dua of Niyat

How can we receive blessings of Deedar - divine enlightenment from the Noor of Hazar Imam. How can we make Hazar Imam happy when he is not physically with us. Imams and Pirs have said this is only possible by doing what we know Imams have said in Farmans & so only by reading understanding sharing and following them.

Ismailis pray daily to Noor of Imam e Zaman to bless them with continued Farmans, and to Purify our Niyat (our true & real intentions with a clean heart in following what Imam has said)

Dua Niyat Ni Kher is One of the most significant prayer and supplication by Ismaili Muslims every day.

This prayer Tasbih, supplication and it’s Meaning

Noor Mawlana shah Karim Al Husseini Hazar Imam

Dua Niyat Ni Kher karo

Ya Imam e Zaman we pray to you to purify the goodness of our true intentions (in following your Farmans)

Ilahi to Kher kar
Oh Allah bestow upon us the purity and goodness of our intention (in following Farmans)

Ya Ali tu kher kar
Oh Mawlana Ali bestow upon us the goodness of our true intentions (Niyat) - in following Farmans

Akbajo kher Kar
Oh Allah, Bestow upon us the goodness of our intentions (Niyat - in following your farmans) when we continue in the life hereafter

Kher ji venti shah toje Huzur me Kabul kar Noor Mawlana Karim al Husseini Hazar Imam

Oh Hazar Imam, We pray , in your presence, for the acceptance of this prayer and supplication of the goodness of our Niyat (in following your farmans)

(In India today and in the past including first Dua, the following words are added to this prayer)
Kish-Amar putiya shah toje Dargah ma Kabul karo Noor Mawlana shah Karim Al Husseini Hazar Imam
Meaning
Oh Imam e Zaman , with your Farman, and in your presence we pray for acceptance of this Dua Tasbih and prayer for the goodness of our Niyat in following and receiving your Farman

Wa ashado la Illah ha Ilahla

I bear witness and affirm that there is no other God but God- Allah

Wa Ashdo an Mohammed in rasullilah

I bear witness and affirm that Mohammed is the messenger of Allah

Wa Ashdu an Amirul Mominen Ali u Allah

I bear witness and affirm that the commander of the faithful is the Noor of Hazrat Ali whose Noor and divine authority is from Allah

End of Dua Niyat ni Kher Prayer

If anyone including esp. IIS-ITREB - Waezeens have any other translation or interpretation, can you please share with us

————————————
For those who want to know more about Niyat and Deedar - read the article and reference - link below

Link

http://ismaili.net/source/didar-
FreeLancer

Re: Niyat - Dua and meaning

Post by FreeLancer »

mahebubchatur wrote:Meaning of Dua of Niyat

How can we receive blessings of Deedar - divine enlightenment from the Noor of Hazar Imam. How can we make Hazar Imam happy when he is not physically with us. Imams and Pirs have said this is only possible by doing what we know Imams have said in Farmans & so only by reading understanding sharing and following them.

Ismailis pray daily to Noor of Imam e Zaman to bless them with continued Farmans, and to Purify our Niyat (our true & real intentions with a clean heart in following what Imam has said)

Dua Niyat Ni Kher is One of the most significant prayer and supplication by Ismaili Muslims every day.

This prayer Tasbih, supplication and it’s Meaning

Noor Mawlana shah Karim Al Husseini Hazar Imam

Dua Niyat Ni Kher karo

Ya Imam e Zaman we pray to you to purify the goodness of our true intentions (in following your Farmans)

Ilahi to Kher kar
Oh Allah bestow upon us the purity and goodness of our intention (in following Farmans)

Ya Ali tu kher kar
Oh Mawlana Ali bestow upon us the goodness of our true intentions (Niyat) - in following Farmans

Akbajo kher Kar
Oh Allah, Bestow upon us the goodness of our intentions (Niyat - in following your farmans) when we continue in the life hereafter

Kher ji venti shah toje Huzur me Kabul kar Noor Mawlana Karim al Husseini Hazar Imam

Oh Hazar Imam, We pray , in your presence, for the acceptance of this prayer and supplication of the goodness of our Niyat (in following your farmans)

(In India today and in the past including first Dua, the following words are added to this prayer)
Kish-Amar putiya shah toje Dargah ma Kabul karo Noor Mawlana shah Karim Al Husseini Hazar Imam
Meaning
Oh Imam e Zaman , with your Farman, and in your presence we pray for acceptance of this Dua Tasbih and prayer for the goodness of our Niyat in following and receiving your Farman

Wa ashado la Illah ha Ilahla

I bear witness and affirm that there is no other God but God- Allah

Wa Ashdo an Mohammed in rasullilah

I bear witness and affirm that Mohammed is the messenger of Allah

Wa Ashdu an Amirul Mominen Ali u Allah

I bear witness and affirm that the commander of the faithful is the Noor of Hazrat Ali whose Noor and divine authority is from Allah

End of Dua Niyat ni Kher Prayer

If anyone including esp. IIS-ITREB - Waezeens have any other translation or interpretation, can you please share with us

————————————
For those who want to know more about Niyat and Deedar - read the article and reference - link below

Link

http://ismaili.net/source/didar-
Chatur Saheb,

It is not DU'A NIYAT NI KHAIR but the sentence is DU'ANIYAT KHAIR.
Du'aniyat khair means prayer for safety, welfare and not intention.

Other word is AAQIBAT and not akba.

It should be ' toje huzur mey' and not 'dargah mey'. Dargah has different meaning. Proper word should be huzur mey.

Pak Kalima is not started with wa.....
The correct pronunciation is;

ASH HADU AL LA ILLAHA IL LALLAH
WA ASH HADU ANNA MUHAMMADAR RASULULLAH
WA ASH HADU ANNA ALLIYAN AMIRUL MU'MINEENA ALIYULLAH.

You have not mentioned the proper literal meaning of 3rd line of Kalima. It is;
I bear witness that commander of mu'mineen Ali is from Allah.
Admin

Re: Niyat - Dua and meaning

Post by Admin »

FreeLancer wrote: You have not mentioned the proper literal meaning of 3rd line of Kalima. It is;
I bear witness that commander of mu'mineen Ali is from Allah.
You have brought this in several threads. If you do not want to discuss this issue in the appropriate thread, do not discuss it here. You already know you will not be able to come back to this Forum if you dont respect the rules of posting. I don't have to repeat. I will delete your account without notice if you continue ignoring the rules. And do not position yourself here as an linguistic expert in Arabic, which you are not.
FreeLancer

Post by FreeLancer »

I attended an afternoon Didaar session. When Imam left it was Du'a time. The reciters of both Du's made plenty of mistakes. There was almost 4000/5000 jamait in that session. Whom to blame. May be ITREB of that area could not find any Ismaili murid who would have recited Du'a perfectly. Burden of wrong Du'a on whom?
When we try to speak English with correct pronunciation why not Du'a?
We can sing Indian movie songs with proper Hindi, Urdu,or Gujrati, why are we not learning Du'a with proper and correct pronunciation, at all Du'a is foundation of our Tariqa.
Admin

Post by Admin »

You have your answer in the title of this thread, in Islam intention prime over action. Each person's intention good or evil during Dua is known by Allah, be it the intention of the person who forgive some pronunciation mistakes and continue praying or the intention of the one who gets upset and curse the reciter, loosing all of the benefit of his Didar there and then.

Every subject can be linked to this thread but it does not mean you have to. Dua pronunciation has already been discussed in another thread, you can continue that discussion there
FreeLancer

Post by FreeLancer »

Admin wrote:You have your answer in the title of this thread, in Islam intention prime over action. Each person's intention good or evil during Dua is known by Allah, be it the intention of the person who forgive some pronunciation mistakes and continue praying or the intention of the one who gets upset and curse the reciter, loosing all of the benefit of his Didar there and then.

Every subject can be linked to this thread but it does not mean you have to. Dua pronunciation has already been discussed in another thread, you can continue that discussion there
You missed my point. The new Du'a is around 60+ years and WE THE ISMAILIS of subcontinent have not learnt Du'a properly, because our NIYAH (mostly) is not to learn (who cares). We even can't recite salwat or say Kalimah properly.
My message is for youth and ITREB, for Heritage is visited by mostly Ismailis so that they think honestly and learn Du'a properly. Of course it is the responsibility of ITREB to train jamaits. Buy conveying this message my NIYAH is clear and with good intention.
mahebubchatur

Meaning , not how you may pronounce .. Niyat - meaning

Post by mahebubchatur »

Admin wrote:
FreeLancer wrote: ... And do not position yourself here as an linguistic expert in Arabic, which you are not.

The meaning and the Niyat is more important. Equally to respect differnt traditions and they way they speak & their languages. They do and who may pronounce words differently.

We Ismailis have many traditions and languages and they way we pronounce in our own languages.

Also In the English speaking world the way they pronounce and speak English, is different , none is superior. For example England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Swiss, American, Australian etc.

The same in Arabic world for example Egypt Saudi Syria and Oman.

Meaning and Niyat is wha we need to understand, explain and share.

Another example Re Dua Niyat Ni Kher

Mukhi Saheb during Dua day Mawla Niyat Murad Kabul Kare. That is the same Niyat - for those who really want to know what Niyat really means link http://ismaili.net/timeline/2018/chatur-nyat.pdf
    mahebubchatur

Meaning & Niyat is more impirtant not how we pronounce

Post by mahebubchatur »

Admin wrote:
    FreeLancer wrote: ... And do not position yourself here as an linguistic expert in Arabic, which you are not.

The meaning and the Niyat is more important. Equally to respect differnt traditions and they way they speak & their languages. They do and who may pronounce words differently.

We Ismailis have many traditions and languages and they way we pronounce in our own languages.

Also In the English speaking world the way they pronounce and speak English, is different , none is superior. For example England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Swiss, American, Australian etc.

The same in Arabic world for example Egypt Saudi Syria and Oman.

Meaning and Niyat is what we need to understand, explain and share.

Another example Re Dua Niyat Ni Kher

Mukhi Saheb during Dua pray for - Mawla Niyat Murad Kabul Kare. That is the same Niyat - for those who really want to know what Niyat really means link http://ismaili.net/timeline/2018/chatur-nyat.pdf
      shivaathervedi_3

Post by shivaathervedi_3 »

Linguist say in the 50-100 miles of radius the accent of language differs, like in English, Farsi, Arabic, Urdu, Gujrati, or any other language. But the point noted is that a native or a learner try to pronounce properly with proper grammar. This is not the case with Du'a which happens to be in Arabic. There is a proverb in Arabic 'AL A'MAALU BINNIYYAT'. Actions depend upon niyyat. Being an Ismail niyyat is to say Du'a regularly but there is less intention to say Du'a correctly. Let me give examples; if we change 'dhuad' in WA 'ALA ALIYYINIL MURTADHA with 'daal' and say WA 'ALA ALIYYINIL MURTADA, the meaning will completely change. In Islam MURTED means OUT CAST.
      In beginning, while reciting Du'a we say; AL HUMDU LILLAHI RUBBIL 'AALAMEEN, here the 'H' sound shall be from throat which gives meaning PRAISE, but if plain 'ha' (which comes at the end of Arabic alphabetical order) is pronounced the meaing will change to WOUND, no one will say all wounds are for Allah (na'uuzu billah).

When Mukhi say NIYYAT MURAD QABUL HO, it is the Du'a (blessings) for the totality of good things or thinking for which the niyyat is made by jamaiti.

The end Du'a which Mukhi/ Kamadia gives i.e Du'aniyyat khair is for 'khair' safety and protection from Lord, that is good happenings in daily life of worldly affairs as well spiritual.
      Admin

Post by Admin »

There is no Farman on the pronounciation of the Dua. There are plenty on the meaning.

Indians' throat are not genetically Arabs and to ask an indian to pronounce in Arabic like Arabs who themselves have so much difference in pronunciation (case in point the President Gamal Abdel Nasser, Not Jamat) that it can create a third world war, is an impossible burden that God has NEVER put on any Nation.

Our Imam used to give blessings for fulfillment of all our intention but some of our wise men seems to have disagreed and now Imam has started giving Blessings for "Good" intention ;-)
      shivaathervedi_3

Admin wrote:There is no Farman on the pronounciation of the Dua. There are plenty on the meaning.

Indians' throat are not genetically Arabs and to ask an indian to pronounce in Arabic like Arabs who themselves have so much difference in pronunciation (case in point the President Gamal Abdel Nasser, Not Jamat) that it can create a third world war, is an impossible burden that God has NEVER put on any Nation.

Our Imam used to give blessings for fulfillment of all our intention but some of our wise men seems to have disagreed and now Imam has started giving Blessings for "Good" intention ;-)
      There has always been blessings for good intentions from time of Mowla Murtaza Ali and before.

Past 30+ years Imam has been emphasizing to learn English, in these Farmans he has not mentioned pronunciation also, it does not mean that Ismailis will make mistakes in English pronunciation.

Indians throats can pronounce Chinese, Russian, French and other languages comfortably but not Arabic, what an argument? There are 250 million other Muslims live in India how come they pronounce salat properly.

Imam never intended that his murid personally or reciter in JK make 50+ mistakes in reciting Du'a. It is better for Indians Ismails that Du'a should be in Gujrati or Hindi so that they make no mistakes!!
      Admin

Post by Admin »

There is only one person in Hell.

And when before been sent there he asked God, why? I have always pronounced properly my salat in Arabic with all the proper sound coming out from the throat, done my religious duties in classical Arabic language, never been unfaithful to my wife, raised good kids with good understanding of faith, dealt honesty in all my business dealing in Arabic, the language of the chosen people and of the Quran e Shariff, help the poor and the orphan and believing this will open the doors of paradise, so why send me to hell?

And God replied, of all the people of the universe, you were the only one who never did anything wrong, of all the people, you were the only one who never trusted my mercy.
      Admin

Post by Admin »

shivaathervedi wrote: There has always been blessings for good intentions from time of Mowla Murtaza Ali and before.
      You may not know but up to recently Hazar Imam used to give blessing "that all your wishes are fulfilled" But very very recently he changed to "good wishes"
      shivaathervedi_3

Admin wrote:There is only one person in Hell.

And when before been sent there he asked God, why? I have always pronounced properly my salat in Arabic with all the proper sound coming out from the throat, done my religious duties in classical Arabic language, never been unfaithful to my wife, raised good kids with good understanding of faith, dealt honesty in all my business dealing in Arabic, the language of the chosen people and of the Quran e Shariff, help the poor and the orphan and believing this will open the doors of paradise, so why send me to hell?

And God replied, of all the people of the universe, you were the only one who never did anything wrong, of all the people, you were the only one who never trusted my mercy.
      Thanks for compliments. Gods's Noor is every where in the nook and corner of universe including heaven and hell. I am deedari, and contented that His Noor shall be with me. His Noor and Mercy are inter related.
      But I shall miss 500 Huurs promised, Oops, oh well.....
      shivaathervedi_3

Admin wrote:
      shivaathervedi wrote: There has always been blessings for good intentions from time of Mowla Murtaza Ali and before.
      You may not know but up to recently Hazar Imam used to give blessing "that all your wishes are fulfilled" But very very recently he changed to "good wishes"
      In words of MSMS, " You are fortunate if your 25%+ wishes full fill in your life time". Good wishes are with good intentions. My intentions are, if He grant/manage/give me a million dollars, I shall do some charity work. Look my intentions are good, let us see I am getting or not.
      shivaathervedi_3

If some one makes mistakes in Ginan reciting and Ra Ga, is that acceptable by ITREB or Mukhi Saheb. I have seen some jamaitis or even Mukhi explained the person correct pronunciation of Ginanic wordings. There are special classes of Ginan learning with correct pronunciation and Ra Ga IN MOSTLY JKs in different countries. When a reciter pass the test, he/she is allowed to recite Ginan in JK. But this is not the case with " BEECHARI DU'A", though it is the foundation of our Tariqa. I have not seen in USA, Canada, or Europe, any special classes arranged for kids or grown ups to learn Du'a properly or some missionary explaining the correct pronunciation of Du'a in JK. It is the responsibility of ITREB to arrange classes for pronunciation and meaning. How many jamaitis know the meaning of Du'a?