Discussion on doctrinal issues
FayyazValani2017

How you view other religions?

Post by FayyazValani2017 »

Ya Ali Madad
Just wanted to know how do you guys view other religion
Such As Hinduism,Christianity,Sikhism etc
Abrahamic religion as well as other religion before abraham

I believe that All religious book are correct [those which are not edited by human] , but they are with outward meaning , they are not following the real Guide Hazir Imam [salawat] , So they dont know the esoteric of their religion ? whats your opinion , i might be wrong , might be right . but My Logic is that God must have sent messengers , that how the new religion form . i mean when leave what they were doing , and follow what messenger said , and as Messenger passed away , they didnt follow Imam and went astray .
Talking about Major Religions not those which are man-made , such as Satanism etc.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

If you haven't read it by now, I would suggest you read the Chapter: ISLAM
THE RELIGION OF MY ANCESTORS in the Memoirs of MSMS. He has outlined all the essential aspects of Islam and our tariqah within it. It is at:

http://www.ismaili.net/Source/0016b.html

Regarding your question, below is the excerpt from the above mentioned chapter.

First, however, we must ask ourselves why this final and consummate appearance of the Divine Will was granted to mankind, and what were its causes. All Islamic schools of thought accept it as a fundamental principle that for centuries, for thousands of years before the advent of Mohammed, there arose from time to time messengers, illumined by Divine Grace, for and among those races of the earth which had sufficiently advanced intellectually to comprehend such a message. Thus Abraham, Moses, Jesus and all the Prophets of Israel are universally accepted by Islam. Muslims indeed know no limitation merely to the Prophets of Israel; they are ready to admit that there were similar Divinely inspired messengers in other countriesGautama Buddha, Shri Krishna and Shri Ram in India, Socrates in Greece, the wise man of China and many other sages and saints among peoples and civilizations, trace of which we have lost. Thus man's soul has never been left without a specially inspired messenger from the soul that sustains, embraces and is the universe. Then what need was there for a Divine revelation to Mohammed ?

The answer of Islam is precise and clear. In spite of its great spiritual strength, Jewish monotheism has retained two characteristics which render it essentially different from Islamic monotheism: God has remained, in spite of all, a national and racial God for the children of Israel, and His personality is entirely separate from its supreme manifestation, the Universe. In far-distant countries such as India and China, the purity of the Faith in the one God had been so vitiated by polytheism, by idolatry and even by a pantheism which was hardly distinguishable from atheism that these popular and folklore religions bore little resemblance to that which emanated from the true and pure Godhead. Christianity lost its strength and meaning for Muslims in that it saw it great and glorious founder not as a man but as God incarnate in man, as God made Flesh. Thus there was an absolute need for the Divine Word's revelation, to Mohammed himself, a man like the others, of God's person and of his relations to the Universe which he had created. Once man has thus comprehended the essence of existence, there remains for him the duty, since he knows the absolute value of his own soul, of making for himself a direct path which will constantly lead his individual soul to and bind it with the universal Soul of which the Universeas much of it as we perceive with our limited visions one of the infinite manifestations.