A Lesson Learnt

Put your inspiration poems or quotes here...
noorani81

A Lesson Learnt

Post by noorani81 »

It all began on a very ordinary night, when I had just gotten my haircut and was feeling rather pleasant. I had just entered my dad’s store to find him walking around the store, which was an odd sight; because, usually he stays behind the counter, engrossed in his books. When I got in, he told me that a little bird had gotten in the store and we couldn’t leave the store with the bird in it because it would trigger the alarm after we shut the store down. I opened up the store, spent some time trying to get the bird to exit out the doors. But, the confused bird seemed too scared to be able to notice the door. When I saw that this approach wasn’t working I tried exiting the door in front of the bird, so that it would notice that her freedom could be achieved through these doors. I saw her sitting down, and I wanted her to fly out the doors, so I went over where she was and scared her to make her fly out the doors. I tried this repeated times, and I could only see each time how more terrified she was beginning to get. I thought to myself “If she was thinking beyond survival, thought more about why I was troubling her, she could achieve her freedom.” This made me compare myself to the bird that was meant to have freedom, and God as someone always encouraging us to fly out the doors. Sure God troubles us, just the way that I was troubling the bird; but if God doesn’t trouble us with difficulties, we would sit around, content with survival, and not ask the tough questions whose answers will lead us to our destiny.