Is this a ginan?

Discussion on ginan meanings, history etc..
Arusa.M

Is this a ginan?

Post by Arusa.M »

I have an audio recording of a ginan, but I do not know the name of it. Does anyone know? I attached the link of the audio.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-uCGj ... p=drivesdk
shivaathervedi

Re: Which ginan is this?

Post by shivaathervedi »

Arusa.M wrote:I have an audio recording of a ginan, but I do not know the name of it. Does anyone know? I attached the link of the audio.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-uCGj ... p=drivesdk

This is not a ginan. Can't find in the collection of Pir Sadardin's Ginans. None of Pir Sadardin's Ginan starts with Tasbih of reciting Ya Ali- Ya Muhammad in starting. The reciter has used few lines of Pir Sadadin's following ginan, and lines from other different ginans. Raga is also not matching with the recitation of Ginan mentioned.

1- AWWAL TU(N)HI AAKHIR TU(N)HI
TU(N) HI TU(N) SIRJHANHAAR EEY BI

2- JAAHIR TU(N)HI BATIN TU(N)HI
TU(N)HI TU(N) SAHEB MERA EEY BI

We can call this recitation a Bhajan, Geet, Madah. Also he has used our famous girayahzari in this bhajan which Pir Sadardin has not used in his Ginans.

YA ALI ADRIKNI YA ALI AGSINI
HAR BALA TU(N) DUR KAR
MUSHKIL KUSHA MOWLA ALI

The person who recited this Bhajan can shed more light; his name, who wrote this Bhajan and about raga.
Admin

Post by Admin »

This has nothing to do with Bajan and Qasida Ofter during Layltul Qadr there are a series of Tasbihs and in between some verses of ginans are recited. This is one of those.
shivaathervedi

Post by shivaathervedi »

Admin wrote:This has nothing to do with Bajan and Qasida Ofter during Layltul Qadr there are a series of Tasbihs and in between some verses of ginans are recited. This is one of those.
Look at question what Arusa asked. Let me repeat it," I have an audio recording of a GINAN but do not know name of it".
She has asked the name of ginan, obviously the recording is not complete ginan but a mixture of different lines from different ginans.
Wiseman in LailatulQadar Tasbih this so called ginan is not completely recited and not with the raga as recited in recording.
Admin

Post by Admin »

shivaathervedi wrote: I analysed that so called fake ginan,
There is no "fake" ginan, it is just someone who misunderstood a tasbih recited with in between few verses of various ginan as if it was a ginan. There are many such Tasbihs even on ismaili.net, even Babul Missionary used to recite those, it is Ismaili tradition to recite like this. If you would attend Jamatkhanas especially on Laylt ul Qadr, you would have heard these tasbihs many times in your life... depending of your age of course.

You have proved time and again that you don't have the basic knowledge on the subject of ginans so I have just suggested that you stay away from the discussion where you have nothing to contribute except to say this is "Fake". There is no need to imitate Trump, there are not many who respect his saying "fake" all over the place.