Ask Admin

fayaz006

Post by fayaz006 »

Admin and KM bhai
Are there any threads that relate to how one can work on elevating his or her soul? Did any pirs or philosophers that have attained that knowledge write about the process?

Thanks
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

fayaz006 wrote:Admin and KM bhai
Are there any threads that relate to how one can work on elevating his or her soul? Did any pirs or philosophers that have attained that knowledge write about the process?

Thanks
To my knowledge there are no existing threads but we can create one to discuss this issue. There are two works by Pirs that I know of which deal with it systematically.

1) Risala Dar Haqiqati Din by SHABU'D-DIN SHAH AL-HUSAYNI,
TRUE MEANING OF RELIGION, Translated into English by W. IVANOW

It can be accessed at:
http://www.ismaili.net/Source/0693.html

2) PANDIYAT-I JAWANMARDI OR “ADVICES OF MANLINESS” BY W. IVANOW which can be accessed at:

http://ismaili.net/heritage/book_view?apage=P

And of course there are advices in various Ginans, Granths and Qasidas.
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Don't forget there are many ginans which are full of the information which shows how to elevate our souls.
Following are some of them:
1, 'BRAHMA PRAKASH", by Pir Shams.
2, Sakhi Maha Pad keri vat by pir Sadardin.
3, 'YOGESHWAR' ginans series of Syed Imam shah are very informative for the interested person who wants to lift their soul in bandagi.
fayaz006

Post by fayaz006 »

Hello Admin
I started a new thread on Elevation of the soul. I wanted to know if there was a way you could add protection to the thread due to sensitive nature of what could be posted?
Admin

Post by Admin »

Unfortunately the reply is no. In fact within 24 hours, it will be on search engine if the proper key words are searched.
fayaz006

Post by fayaz006 »

Hello Admin
I dont believe my pm are getting sent. They are still in the out box. Could you advise on how i can correct this issue?
Thanks
Admin

Post by Admin »

pm works only for sending to Admin.

The reason PM is blocked is because users were receiving tons of spams and unwanted messages and there were too many complaints.
nuseri

Post by nuseri »

Ya Ali Madad:
I just posted a new topic on religiosity report.You have deleted it totally.
what was there to delete it.
It is a important subject for scholars to know reality of today n what can be future scenario.
That debate really open our eyes n mind.
I assume you like scholars trying to experts/quacks on dead era data of
1400/1000/700 years old.
It is not fair from your part.
Admin

Post by Admin »

Read how you write your post and how instead of dealing with the issue, you always end up criticizing people instead of having an open mind. This Forum is for discussing, people repeating the same things in all the threads and in all the posts will see their posts deleted from time to time, there is nothing surprising there. We also need some space to breath.
agakhani_1

Post by agakhani_1 »

You do not deserve any respect in this forum not at least from me.
:roll: By the way! where did you find out insult in my above post?
Abhi to main jawan hu!!
Admin

Post by Admin »

agakhani wrote: You do not deserve any respect in this forum not at least from me.
The aim of this Forum is not to seek respect from you. Whoever insult people in his post, even if the post is good, will see his post deleted.
nuseri

Post by nuseri »

Ya Ali Madad.
With most members staying away from posting.
can you please conduct poll if members wish the exit of 09 headed living creature as amember in the forum.
YES or NO ??
Admin

Post by Admin »

I think people are able to reply to all his nonsense so there is no need to kick him out. But I will do if he keep giving false references.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Admin,

Can you change "Opening of Aga Khan Park Toronto" to just "Aga Khan Park Toronto.

The posts are expanding in scope of subject matter.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Admin,

Can you delete the duplicate post by nuseri on page 37 of the current preamble thread. There are 4 identical posts! A bit of nuisance..
Admin

Post by Admin »

OK will do
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Can you change the spelling form Yatch Club to Yacht Club?
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Admin,

Why did the system assign my post the author 'guest' for the DJ Games thread?
Admin

Post by Admin »

Probably it did not see your loggin or the post came after 15 minutes of inactivity I can't see any other reason. Normally it recognises the IP number once a person is logged and consider the person logged up to 15 minutes of inactivity (If you post after 14 minutes of inactivity, it should still recognises you with name)

If this happens again, let me know and I will ask some technicians to verify. Since this is a new section, maybe we configured it wrong.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Admin,

Can you remove the big blank space in the beginning of my last post in the jubilee games section?
nuseri

Post by nuseri »

To Admin: Ya Ali Madad.
I wish if this suggestion has merits in it.
A totally new subject heading of PROUD TO BE ISMAILI.
most posting on achievement of living Ismailis,status of our community in societies they live.etc.is scattered in headings of Contemporary, Places,people. ranging from -1400 years to present time.
If this subject heading will most desired to read by future generation ismailis and others interested in Ismailis.
As you have started a subject of Khojki Tradition from -700 to -200 years for future generation.
I feel this subject heading will make interesting corpus for members to look up to them.
I strongly believe we are living
Admin

Post by Admin »

This section exists under a different title.

Look into the section named PEOPLE.
nuseri

Post by nuseri »

Ya Ali Madad.
MHI in his Diamond jubilee speech stated that poverty alleviations as IMAMAT first priority in coming years n decade.
We as an Ismailis can contribute in different ways for it.once such it TKN.
I filled up the TKN form with some scope of valid ideas ,as I marked myself as non graduate with no specialization,age. So my name or form may never prop up for any services deem fit to them as I could not give biodata of my soul.
I feel this website must broaden its scope to interact intellectually for potential issues rather than just debate on religous matters for years on & on
I have observed that this site face book page could have atleast 7000+ viewers
Thru that I wish to to float a new concept which can get AKDN potential USD 15 million++ per year for years.( Akdn does benefit of 250% of funds received in kind)
The idea is workable if floated and opinion received on this thru readers feedback.
Prophet has said best of religion is service to humanity
What we are now doing is debating about religion ,May be not the absolute wish of ALI.
shivaathervedi_3

Post by shivaathervedi_3 »

It is true that many readers hardly read a thread beyond 20/25 pages. They loose their interest, enthusiasm, and inspiration. Why not you split lengthy threads into 2 parts, i.e part 1, and part 2. For example you blocked 'Hindu mythology and terminology' or some other threads. Why don't you allow to continue valuable information in part 2 or in some cases part 3.
Admin

Post by Admin »

Technically this Forum does not allow to do this. Programing is not possible as this BBForum module comes pre-written and has only minimal configuration possible.
shivaathervedi_3

Admin wrote:Technically this Forum does not allow to do this. Programing is not possible as this BBForum module comes pre-written and has only minimal configuration possible.
But I think to start a fresh and new thread is possible, for example " Hindu mythology and terminology part 2".
Admin

Post by Admin »

Once a thread is close there will not be any part 2 opened.
shivaathervedi_3

Admin wrote:Once a thread is close there will not be any part 2 opened.
There is a very famous proverb in Urdu mostly used;

MAJBURI KA NAAM SHUKRIYA.
Funklebits

Stop Pop up

Post by Funklebits »

Ya Ali Madad,

Sorry to trouble everyone, but can someone please tell me how to stop the pop up "Today in History" from popping up every time I open a new link. Thank you in advance.
Admin

Re: Stop Pop up

Post by Admin »

Funklebits wrote:Ya Ali Madad,

Sorry to trouble everyone, but can someone please tell me how to stop the pop up "Today in History" from popping up every time I open a new link. Thank you in advance.
If you loggin with your account, the pop up will stop popping.

Also you can block pop up in the settings of your browser (If you are using Firefox browser, go to Option, Privacy & Security, Block pop-up windows

However we agree that pop up is not a very good idea and we are looking into the code to remove it as it was programmed a long time ago by a programmer who has left us.