KHUSHALI MUBARAK

Discussion on R&R from all regions
Admin

Post by Admin »

http://thelinkpaper.ca/?p=60056

Saturday, December 10th, 2016

Ismaili Muslims Celebrate The Birthday Of His Highness The Aga Khan On December 13th

On December 13th Ismaili Muslims all over the world celebrate the birthday of His Highness the Aga Khan. We join in their rejoicing and wish His Highness and his followers “Salgirah Mubarak”.

His Highness the Aga Khan became Imam (spiritual leader) of the Shia Imami Ismaili Muslims on July 11, 1957 at the age of 20, succeeding his grandfather, Sir Sultan Mahomed Shah Aga Khan. He is the 49th hereditary Imam of the Shia Imami Ismaili Muslims and a direct descendant of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) through his cousin and son-in-law, Ali, the first Imam, and his wife Fatima, the Prophet’s daughter.

The Aga Khan spent his early childhood in Nairobi, Kenya, and then attended Le Rosey School in Switzerland for nine years. He graduated from Harvard University in 1959 with a BA Honors Degree in Islamic history.

Like his grandfather Sir Sultan Mahomed Shah Aga Khan before him, the Aga Khan has, since assuming the office of Imamat in 1957, been concerned about the well-being of all Muslims, particularly in the face of the challenges of rapid historical changes. Today, the Ismailis live in some 25 countries, mainly in West and Central Asia, Africa and the Middle East, as well as in North America and Western Europe.

On November 12, 2015, His Highness the Aga Khan delivered the Samuel L. and Elizabeth Jodidi Lecture at Harvard University’s Weatherhead Center for International Affairs. Entitled “The Cosmopolitan Ethic in a Fragmented World”, his lecture covered the challenges to pluralism and cosmopolitanism.

His Highness highlighted that the success of societies and cultures is dependent not only on honoring our similarities but also honoring our differences and said that “a pluralist, cosmopolitan society is a society which not only accepts difference, but actively seeks to understand it – and to learn from it. In this perspective, diversity is not a burden to be endured, but an opportunity to be welcomed.”

His Highness the Aga Khan has established a number of institutions in Canada. The Ismaili Centre Toronto and Aga Khan Museum were formally opened in the presence of His Highness the Aga Khan on September 12, 2014. The two buildings are situated within a 6.8-hectare landscaped park. Japanese architect Fumihiko Maki designed the Aga Khan Museum, while Indian architect Charles Correa designed the Ismaili Centre. The park, which features a formal garden, was designed by architect Vladimir Djurovic of Lebanon.

The Aga Khan Museum is the first museum in North America dedicated to the arts of Muslim civilizations.It is dedicated to presenting an overview of the artistic, intellectual, and scientific contributions that Muslim civilizations have made to world heritage.

The Ismaili Centre Torontois part of a network of Ismaili Centres that includes Vancouver, London, Lisbon, Dubai and Dushanbe.The Ismaili Centres incorporate spaces for social and cultural gatherings, intellectual engagement, and spiritual reflection.

The establishment of these institutions in Canada reflects the Aga Khan’s longstanding relationship with Canada and his appreciation for the country’s commitment to pluralism and cultural diversity.Together, these global institutions will contribute to a better understanding among different communities and cultures.

We rejoice in celebrating the happy occasion of His Highness’ birthday alongside his followers in Canada and all over the world and wish them all “Salgirah Mubarak”.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Wishing the Aga Khan a Happy 80th Birthday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL-3 ... EP5dAV55iA
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

On Tuesday, His Highness the Aga Khan celebrates his 80th birthday.

Despite being a multimillionaire, an enigmatic businessman, philanthropist, sport enthusiast and spiritual leader to almost 15 million Ismaili Muslims worldwide, not much is known about him.

A man of few words, he gracefully bridges the gaps between the spiritual and the material; East and West; Muslim and Christian – which is no easy task for the best of us.

As he celebrates his milestone birthday, we bring you some interesting facts about the man, his impressive work and the epic year he’s about to embark on.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/12/13/who-is-ag ... y-6313312/
Admin

Post by Admin »

Statement by the Prime Minister of Canada on the birthday of His Highness the Aga Khan

December 13, 2016

The Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, today issued the following statement on the 80th birthday of His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan:

“Sophie and I offer our best wishes today to His Highness the Aga Khan, the spiritual leader of the Shia Imami Ismaili Muslims – a community that includes tens of thousands in Canada and millions around the world.

“For more than fifty years, His Highness has worked tirelessly to reduce hunger, poverty, disease, and illiteracy in developing countries. He is a beacon of acceptance and compassion, and an inspiration to both his community and the world.

“Canada has come to share a close relationship with the Aga Khan and bestowed honorary citizenship on him in 2009. I am proud to call His Highness both a mentor and friend. He has shown time and time again that no matter our faith, where we were born, what colour is our skin, or what language we speak, we are equal members of this world.

“Today, we salute the tremendous efforts that the Aga Khan has undertaken over his lifetime to help those most vulnerable, and wish him health and happiness on this special day.”
The Prime Minister's Office - Communications
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Ismailis in Gilgit-Baltistan celebrate the 80th birthday of Prince Karim Aga Khan

Gilgit: Ismaili Muslims across Giglit-Baltistan are celebrating the 80th birthday of their spiritual leader, Prince Karim Aga Khan. The day is marked by festivity and celebrations, as the community members thank their Imam for his continued guidance and support in religious and earthly matters.

The day started with morning prayers in which the community members prayed for the good health and long life of their Imam, and thanked him for his visionary leadership spanning over six decades. Prayers were also offered for the solidarity and prosperity of Pakistan, and wellbeing of the Islamic Ummah.

Birthday cakes were cut in Jamatkahnas, and community feasts were held across the valleys in Ghizer, Gilgit and Hunza, where Ismailis live in large numbers. Ismailis in the neighboring Chitral district are also celebrating the day with religious zeal and enthusiasm.

The present Aga Khan, Shah Karim Al – Hussaini, was born on the 13th of December 1937 in Geneva Paris. He became the Imam of the Ismaili sect in 1957, after the death of his grandfather, Sir Sultan Muhammad Shah. 2017 is the Diamond Jubilee year of his Imamat, marking completion of 60 years of unparalleled leadership which has helped transform the lives of millions of Ismailis, and other communities, across the world.

Leaders of various political parties, and government functionaries, in Gilgit-Baltistan have congratulated His Highness the Aga Khan on his 80th birthday, and also shared good wishes with the Ismailis living in the region.

http://pamirtimes.net/2016/12/13/ismail ... -aga-khan/

Salgirah Khushali 2016 Celebration in Moscow, Russia

VIDEO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqkPmuK6yzI

President Almazbek Atambayev wishes Prince Karim Aga Khan IV happy birthday

Bishkek, December 13 / Kabar /. Kyrgyz President Almazbek Atambayev congratulated Prince Karim Aga Khan IV on his birthday.

The President congratulations says:

"Please accept my heartfelt congratulations on your 80th birthday! I have warm memories of our meeting in Bishkek during your recent visit to the Kyrgyz Republic. You belong to a number of eminent personalities, whose life and work is a manifestation of noble efforts in overcoming difficulties to address socio-economic problems, improve the living conditions of the most vulnerable layers of the population.

Undoubtedly, the projects implementing by the Aga Khan Development Network in the Kyrgyz Republic make a positive impetus to the ongoing development of our state.

Thanks to your personal contribution, recently University of Central Asia opened its first campus in Naryn. I express my firm conviction that the University will be a leading educational institution, not only in the Kyrgyz Republic, but also throughout the region.

On this special day, let me sincerely wish you good health, success in your noble work, family warmth and happiness."

http://kabar.kg/eng/politics/full/17781

Justin Trudeau and Canadian Ismailis celebrate 80th birthday of His Highness the Aga Khan

http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/canadian ... thday-2016

Today, thousands of Canadians and millions of Ismailis around the world celebrate His Highness the Aga Khan’s 80th birthday.

The 49th hereditary spiritual leader of Shia Ismaili Muslims is no stranger to Canada.

In May 2010, he became the fifth person to be granted honourary Canadian Citizenship, in February 2014 addressed the Canadian Parliament, and in September was awarded the Adrienne Clarkson Prize for Global Citizenship.

Premier Christy Clark extends birthday wishes to His Highness the Aga Khan

Premier Christy Clark issued the following statement on the birthday of His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan:

“Today, Shia Ismaili Muslims in British Columbia and around the world celebrate the birthday of His Highness the Aga Khan.

“For almost 60 years, His Highness has served as a humanitarian leader and philanthropist. A champion of ideals and noble causes, including economic, social and cultural development, he is committed to helping those less fortunate, notably through the charitable works of the Aga Khan Development Network.

“In April, I had the pleasure of visiting the Ismaili Centre in Burnaby and was impressed by the ongoing work of the community to promote equality, pluralism, education, civic engagement, volunteerism and charitable projects, including the annual Ismaili Walk.

“On behalf of all British Columbians, I extend warm wishes to His Highness the Aga Khan on his 80th birthday and wish him continued success in his efforts to make the world a better place.”

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B56RSpA ... pR/preview

December 13, 2016

A PERSONAL MESSAGE FROM THE PREMIER

On behalf of the Government of Ontario, I am delighted to extend warm greetings to members of the Canadian Ismaili community on the occasion of the 80th birthday of His Highness the Aga Khan.

It is an honour to join in the tributes being paid to the Aga Khan for his spiritual leadership of the Shia Ismaili Muslims, his outstanding humanitarian work, and for his lifetime of devotion to the values of diversity, pluralism, peace, tolerance and sustainable human and economic development — values that we so prize here in Ontario.

I would also like to take this opportunity to pay tribute to the Ismaili community in Ontario. In becoming an integral part of our multicultural success story, members of this diverse and dynamic community continue to help make Ontario even stronger. I am grateful for their many enduring contributions to the social, economic and cultural life of our province.

Please accept my sincere best wishes for a memorable and meaningful

celebration.

Kathleen Wynne

Premier

Statement by Minister Joly on the Birthday of His Highness The Aga Khan

GATINEAU, December 13, 2016

It is a pleasure to extend birthday wishes to His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan IV, Imam and spiritual leader of the world’s Shia Ismaili Muslims.

For more than 50 years, the Aga Khan has devoted himself to the spiritual and worldly progress of Ismailis everywhere. As Minister responsible for multiculturalism, I had the distinct pleasure of meeting his Highness earlier this year. I thanked him for his passionate advocacy of peace, compassion and pluralism. He has helped build bridges across religious and ethnic divides around the world.

His Highness is also an inspiration to our country, as he was named an honorary Canadian in 2010. He led the creation of the Aga Khan Museum and the world's sixth Ismaili Centre, both opened in Toronto in fall 2014.

The Aga Khan’s global humanitarian efforts—including those undertaken through the Aga Khan Foundation Canada—have had a lasting impact on the developing world, bringing improved health, education and rural development to some of the most vulnerable communities in Africa and Asia.

As Minister of Canadian Heritage, I thank His Highness for all he has done to help those in need, and join with Canada’s Ismaili community in wishing him a very happy birthday. Khushali Mubarak!

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid ... 1473446741

CM Maharashtra

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/the ... E3MjkzOTM-
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Sénatrice Mobina Jaffer - 2e lecture - Projet de loi C-16 - Loi modifiant la Loi...

Published on Dec 2, 2016

2016 12 01 - Sénatrice Mobina Jaffer - 2e lecture - Projet de loi C-16 - Loi modifiant la Loi canadienne sur les droits de la personne et le Code criminel.
http://www.parl.gc.ca/Content/Sen/Cha...

VIDEO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsCFzoA1w_4
Admin

80th Birthday of H.H. The Aga Khan

Post by Admin »

H.H. The Aga Khan celebrated his 80th birthday with his family on 13th December 2016. Later on 16th December, the LIF invited Mowlana Hazar Imam to a birthday party in Aiglemont. members of the Noorani family also attended: Prince Amyn, Prince Rahim, Princess Salwa, Prince Irfan, Princess Zahra...

A short video of the Concert and the Imam cutting the cake, was shown to the world Jamat .

VIDEO: http://ismaili.net/timeline/2016/vid-20 ... wa0001.mp4

On that occasion, Mowlana Hazar Imam said:

Leaders and members of the Jamat, as you can tell I am emotional. But then who isn’t.(Hazar Imam was visibly touched and emotional)

Yes I have reached the age of 80, I am there, but I feel I am 40. Thanks to you all. (laughter). This has been a very very happy occasion for me and I would like to thank everyone who has participated in making this event happen.

I would like to thank our musicians for the wonderful performance and I would like to hope each of you will retain this evening as an occasion of happiness in your lives, that is certainly going to be in my case and for all members of my family who are here.

As I think of the past and I reflect where the Jamat has come from , where It is is today and where we are going in decades ahead . I think we can conclude, the Jamat today is a strong community it is a global community it is a community with strong institutions, & strong ethics and it is respected around the world.

What more can I wish for as the Imam of the time. You cannot give me a greater gift than the ability and the right to say the things I have just said

So to all the Jamat leaders past and present I say first of all on my behalf as Imam of the time, thank you (applause)

As I look ahead the Jamat is likely to be a more and more global community, but the essence of the Jamat, the ethics of our faith, the principles which we believe in and which we seek to practice in our lives is in essence of how our community will stay united, even as we become more and more globalised over the years

So I say to the leaders of the Jamat who are here this evening that my wish for the decades ahead is you must stand firmly by the principles and the ethics of our faith, wherever you are, whatever age you are, and whatever you are doing in your lives , it is essentially important to me that the ethics of our faith should be respected every day of your lives. This is my hope and this is my prayer

This evening I have had a especially happy 80th Birthday, and If had known it was so wonderful earlier, I would have made it to 80 much sooner, and I would have tried to multiply it. (Laughter)

I would like to thank you again for a most wonderful evening and for the particularly very beautiful 80th birthday present

I hope that in the decades ahead you will remember this occasion as one of special happiness, as I do , and I wish you happiness, long life, good health, unity in your lives and in your families

------------------

Salgirah Dinner

with Hazar Imam on Friday 16th Dec 2016

This was a special and an excellent evening in all respects. Thank you for sharing and thank you to Mukhi and Kamadia Sahebans, and to all murids who helped including, volunteers, & the BUI children,

The video included most and especially the speeches, Gift, devotional music, and Farman of Hazar Imam. This is overwhelming with inspirational guidance on what Imam wishes now, and in decades ahead.

Speech by President Liakat to the Jamat

Bismillah-ir-Rahman-ir-Rahim

Mukhi Saheb, Kamadia Saheb, Mukhiani Saheba , Kamadiani Saheba my brothers & sisters

I would like to say a few words, I mean a few words because after you see the film, you will probably not remember anything I have said (joke);

Last night I was extremely humbled to represent the whole of the UK jurisdiction Jamat. I was privileged to attend the celebration of the 80th birthday of our beloved Hazar Imam, which was hosted by LIF at Aiglemont.

Joining my wife and me was Gulamali Ramji, N Kheraj, chairman of AKF, and Shenul Kassam a board member of ICAB.

We arrived at Hazar Imam's house at 7pm, We walked through the front lit with lanterns. The first portrait we saw was Mawlana Sultan Muhammad Shah. We then walked through to the reception area.

The marquee was beautifully decorated in the colours of Ismaili centres around the world. Chairman Eboo and Shafik Sachedina received Hazar Imam

Chairman Eboo spoke on behalf of the global Jamats. The Food from different Ismaili's traditions and there was also devotional music from the many Ismaili traditions and countries.

Hazar Imam was very happy, constantly smiling and showing his appreciation.

Hazar Imam was presented with a gift on behalf of the global Jamat. This was a mosaic created by Gulji and commissioned in 1989. This reminded me of the mosaic from Gulji we have at the Ismaili centre here in London

Hazar Imam spoke with emotion and his words overwhelmed everyone. The Jamat will hear them in a few moments.

Thank you and Ya Ali madad.

Speech by Chairman Eboo (LIF)

on behalf of the Jamat world wide

Mawlana Hazar Imam, & members of Hazar Imam's family.

This evening is an extraordinary & a special occasion for members of our global Jamat and the leaders who are present here, representing the global Jamat.

Tonight we are blessed with the opportunity to say happy birthday personally to Hazar Imam in the multiplicity of languages and ethnicity of the global Jamat.

We say to you (He wished Imam happy birthday in various languages, incl. Eid Mawlid Saeed, Salgirah mubarak Janam Din mubarak, and a very happy 80th Birthday.

Khudavind we are immensely grateful that Hazar Imam has granted us this opportunity to be with Khudavind, and to convey our love, our prayers, our good wishes, our felicitations, from the entire Jamat from all the corners of the world.

We are also grateful to the Imam's family whose presence we deeply appreciate on this very special occasion in Hazar Imam's life. We are also grateful to Prince Rahim and Princess Salwa to allow young Prince Irfan to also join us today. This must be his first public appearance.

Khudavind your murids come from many different countries ethnicities and backgrounds. What binds us together is our submission to you. You are our Murshid and our spiritual father and in submitting our Bayah to you we are placing our life and destiny in your hands. We refer to you in all we do, in times of happiness , in times of difficulties, in times of success and challenges. Your benevolence and guidance inspires and protects us through our journey in life

We have observed 60 years of Khudavind’s inexhaustible work ethic, and working tirelessly night and day, without a break for our safety our progress and traversing the globe.

We give our Shukhrana to Hazar Imam. Khudavind to all the princes and princesses we offer our deep admiration and gratitude for what they do for you Hazar Imam

We are grateful to Hazar Imam for being gracious in allowing us to be here in Aiglemont in Hazar Imam s presence

We wish to demonstrate in Geomatrics (?); of the Marqee, the diversity of the Jamat and the inter linkages of the traditions and the ethnicities and of the 20 council around the world today, and reflecting and under khudavinds constant guidance

Hazar Imam you are very particular and observant , you will have noticed that the colours on the marquee are the colours of the 6 Ismaili centres around the world. The 20 (parts?) represents the 20 councils who are working towards the wellbeing of the Jamat.

We are offering today a menu of dishes from the many traditions of Ismailis from many countries, and also included are samosas, if Imam wishes to have them (laughter as Imam loves them).

There is also a specially composed fusion of music from the immense musical talent in the Jamat globally. And we will also be requesting Hazar Imam to do us the honour of cutting a cake.

Above all on this special occasion it is an opportunity to reaffirm our undying and unconditional love for our beloved Imam e Zaman , you are our guiding light and you hold our hand with kindness love and compassion forgiving our mistakes and guiding us. In celebrating khudavind,s 80th birthday we pray we are worthy of Hazar Imams love and care.

Above all Hazar Imam we submit our humble prayers for your good Health, happiness, long life and success in all Hazar Imams work and initiatives. And we pray for success in all Hazar Imams ambitions endeavours and aspirations.

Thank you Mawlana Hazar Imam

The GIFT

This was presented to Hazar Imam on behalf of the Entire Jamat - It is a beautiful mosaic of horses by Gulji commissioned in 1989. The reason for this is Hazar Imam and the families interest in Horses and historically by Imams in the past.
Last edited by Admin on Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

VIDEO: Mawlana Hazar Imam’s milestone birthday celebration filled with happiness and affection - TheIsmaili

https://www.theismaili.org/news-events/ ... -affection

Mawlana Hazar Imam’s milestone birthday celebration filled with happiness and affection

TheIsmaili.org

19 December 2016

At the historic milestone of Mawlana Hazar Imam’s 80th birthday, Ismailis around the world gathered at Jamatkhanas this weekend to watch a special video of the celebrations that took place at Aiglemont, France on 16 December 2016. TheIsmaili.org is now pleased to be able to share a video of this momentous event online.

Aiglemont, 16 December 2016 — Mawlana Hazar Imam’s 80th birthday was celebrated by the Jamat and members of Hazar Imam’s family with love, music and felicity. Representing the entire Ismaili community in all of its diversity, Jamati and institutional leaders visited the Imam at his home on this milestone occasion to offer congratulations, express shukrana, and to reaffirm the Jamat’s bayyah to the Imam of the Time.

Mawlana Hazar Imam expressed his great happiness at the occasion, and took the opportunity to remind the Jamat of the importance of living by the ethics and principles of the faith.

“My wish for the decades ahead is that you stand firmly by the principles and ethics of our faith,” said Mawlana Hazar Imam. “Wherever you are, whatever age you are, whatever you do in your lives, it is essentially important to me that the principles of our faith should be respected everyday of your lives.”

“This is my hope and this is my prayer.”

Aitmadi Dr Mahmoud Eboo, Chairman of the Ismaili Leaders’ International Forum addressed Mawlana Hazar Imam on behalf of the worldwide Jamat: “This evening is an extraordinarily special occasion for the global Jamat and for the leaders who are here present tonight who are representing them.”

He wished Hazar Imam “a very happy 80th birthday” in several of the many languages spoken by Ismailis in the countries in which they live, and added, “we are immensely grateful that Hazar Imam has granted us this opportunity to be with Khudavind and to convey our love, our prayers, our felicitations and the good wishes of the entire Jamat from all corners of the world.”

Chairman Eboo also thanked Prince Amyn, Princess Zahra, Prince Rahim, Princess Salwa, Prince Hussain, Prince Aly Muhammad, Prince Irfan, and Princess Zahra’s children, Sara and Iliyan for their presence at the celebration.

The occasion brimmed with emotion and symbolism. The diversity and interconnectedness of the worldwide Ismaili community was represented in the specially designed marquee that housed the event, and the love, unity and yearning of the Jamat could be felt and heard in a unique musical performance.

The centrepiece of the marquee was a protective dome that signified the guidance and shelter that Hazar Imam constantly provides. The dome itself was inspired by an icosahedron — a geometric structure composed of 20 triangles. Each triangle symbolised one of the 20 national Ismaili Councils appointed by the Imam to oversee the Jamat’s well-being.

Singers and musicians from Ismaili communities in South Asia, Central Asia, Iran, Syria, East Africa, Europe, and North America collaborated in a special offering of music for Mawlana Hazar Imam. Touching hearts and stirring sentiment in the way that only melody and lyric can, their performance spoke harmoniously to the wealth of the Jamat’s diversity and the strength of its unity.

Visibly moved, Mawlana Hazar Imam thanked the musicians and all those who had organised the event. “As you can tell, I am a little emotional,” he said. “This has been a very, very happy occasion for me.”

Reflecting on the progress of the Jamat over the past several decades, Hazar Imam said, “I think we can conclude today that the Jamat is a strong community.”

“It is a global community. It is a community with strong institutions, with strong ethics and it is respected around the world.”

“What more could I wish for as the Imam of the Time? You could not give me a greater gift than the ability — than the right — to say the things that I have just said.”

Mawlana Hazar Imam thanked the leaders of the Jamat, both past and present. Looking forward, he said that the community is likely to become increasingly global.

“But the essence of the Jamat, the ethics of our faith, the principles which we believe in and which we seek to practice in our lives are the essence of how our community will stay united,” he said.

As Mawlana Hazar Imam cut a birthday cake presented on behalf of the global Jamat, he was serenaded by all those gathered with Happy Birthday sung in two languages. Hazar Imam was also presented with a gift of art — a mosaic of horses by the late Ismail Gulgee that was commissioned in 1989.

It was selected “because of Hazar Imam’s passion for horses, the history of horses within Islamic civilisation and the history even within Mawlana Hazar Imam’s own family,” explained Chairman Eboo.

Mawlana Hazar Imam expressed great happiness at the celebration of his 80th birthday. “If I had known it was going to be so wonderful, I would have tried to bring it forward,” he joked, “and I would have tried to multiply it!”

“I hope that in the decades ahead, you will remember this occasion as one of special happiness, as I do.”

Sharing Options

GALLERY: Mawlana Hazar Imam's 80th birthday celebration - TheIsmaili.org

https://www.theismaili.org/news-events/ ... elebration
Admin

Ismailis in Gilgit-Baltistan celebrate the 80th birthday

Post by Admin »

http://pamirtimes.net/2016/12/ 13/ismailis-in-gilgit-baltista n-celebrate-the-80th-birthday- of-prince-karim-aga-khan/

Ismailis in Gilgit-Baltistan celebrate the 80th birthday of Prince Karim Aga Khan

Gilgit: Ismaili Muslims across Giglit-Baltistan are celebrating the 80th birthday of their spiritual leader, Prince Karim Aga Khan. The day is marked by festivity and celebrations, as the community members thank their Imam for his continued guidance and support in religious and earthly matters.

The day started with morning prayers in which the community members prayed for the good health and long life of their Imam, and thanked him for his visionary leadership spanning over six decades. Prayers were also offered for the solidarity and prosperity of Pakistan, and wellbeing of the Islamic Ummah.

Birthday cakes were cut in Jamatkahnas, and community feasts were held across the valleys in Ghizer, Gilgit and Hunza, where Ismailis live in large numbers. Ismailis in the neighboring Chitral district are also celebrating the day with religious zeal and enthusiasm.

The present Aga Khan, Shah Karim Al – Hussaini, was born on the 13th of December 1937 in Geneva Paris. He became the Imam of the Ismaili sect in 1957, after the death of his grandfather, Sir Sultan Muhammad Shah. 2017 is the Diamond Jubilee year of his Imamat, marking completion of 60 years of unparalleled leadership which has helped transform the lives of millions of Ismailis, and other communities, across the world.

Leaders of various political parties, and government functionaries, in Gilgit-Baltistan have congratulated His Highness the Aga Khan on his 80th birthday, and also shared good wishes with the Ismailis living in the region.
Admin

Post by Admin »

http://kabar.kg/eng/politics/f ull/17781

President Almazbek Atambayev wishes Prince Karim Aga Khan IV happy birthday

Bishkek, December 13 / Kabar /. Kyrgyz President Almazbek Atambayev congratulated Prince Karim Aga Khan IV on his birthday.

The President congratulations says:

"Please accept my heartfelt congratulations on your 80th birthday! I have warm memories of our meeting in Bishkek during your recent visit to the Kyrgyz Republic. You belong to a number of eminent personalities, whose life and work is a manifestation of noble efforts in overcoming difficulties to address socio-economic problems, improve the living conditions of the most vulnerable layers of the population.

Undoubtedly, the projects implementing by the Aga Khan Development Network in the Kyrgyz Republic make a positive impetus to the ongoing development of our state.

Thanks to your personal contribution, recently University of Central Asia opened its first campus in Naryn. I express my firm conviction that the University will be a leading educational institution, not only in the Kyrgyz Republic, but also throughout the region.

On this special day, let me sincerely wish you good health, success in your noble work, family warmth and happiness."
Admin

Post by Admin »

Other messages of felicitations by prominent people to H.H. The Aga Khan on the occasion of his 80th Birthday

Justin Trudeau and Canadian Ismailis celebrate 80th birthday of His Highness the Aga Khan

http://dailyhive.com/vancouver /canadian-ismailis-his- highness-the-aga-khan-birthday -2016

Today, thousands of Canadians and millions of Ismailis around the world celebrate His Highness the Aga Khan’s 80th birthday.
The 49th hereditary spiritual leader of Shia Ismaili Muslims is no stranger to Canada.

In May 2010, he became the fifth person to be granted honourary Canadian Citizenship, in February 2014 addressed the Canadian Parliament, and in September was awarded the Adrienne Clarkson Prize for Global Citizenship.

****************************** ****************************** ****************************** **********************

Premier Christy Clark extends birthday wishes to His Highness the Aga Khan

Premier Christy Clark issued the following statement on the birthday of His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan:

“Today, Shia Ismaili Muslims in British Columbia and around the world celebrate the birthday of His Highness the Aga Khan.

“For almost 60 years, His Highness has served as a humanitarian leader and philanthropist. A champion of ideals and noble causes, including economic, social and cultural development, he is committed to helping those less fortunate, notably through the charitable works of the Aga Khan Development Network.

“In April, I had the pleasure of visiting the Ismaili Centre in Burnaby and was impressed by the ongoing work of the community to promote equality, pluralism, education, civic engagement, volunteerism and charitable projects, including the annual Ismaili Walk.

“On behalf of all British Columbians, I extend warm wishes to His Highness the Aga Khan on his 80th birthday and wish him continued success in his efforts to make the world a better place.”

https://docs.google.com/file/d /0B56RSpAKvxXddEFNSllQaTZKVHgw VVc4emVRTWp2Uk5tM1pR/preview

December 13, 2016

A PERSONAL MESSAGE FROM THE PREMIER OF ONTARIO

On behalf of the Government of Ontario, I am delighted to extend warm greetings to members of the Canadian Ismaili community on the occasion of the 80th birthday of His Highness the Aga Khan.

It is an honour to join in the tributes being paid to the Aga Khan for his spiritual leadership of the Shia Ismaili Muslims, his outstanding humanitarian work, and for his lifetime of devotion to the values of diversity, pluralism, peace, tolerance and sustainable human and economic development — values that we so prize here in Ontario.

I would also like to take this opportunity to pay tribute to the Ismaili community in Ontario. In becoming an integral part of our multicultural success story, members of this diverse and dynamic community continue to help make Ontario even stronger. I am grateful for their many enduring contributions to the social, economic and cultural life of our province.

Please accept my sincere best wishes for a memorable and meaningful celebration.

Kathleen Wynne

Premier

Statement by Minister Joly on the Birthday of His Highness The Aga Khan

GATINEAU, December 13, 2016

It is a pleasure to extend birthday wishes to His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan IV, Imam and spiritual leader of the world’s Shia Ismaili Muslims.

For more than 50 years, the Aga Khan has devoted himself to the spiritual and worldly progress of Ismailis everywhere. As Minister responsible for multiculturalism, I had the distinct pleasure of meeting his Highness earlier this year. I thanked him for his passionate advocacy of peace, compassion and pluralism. He has helped build bridges across religious and ethnic divides around the world.

His Highness is also an inspiration to our country, as he was named an honorary Canadian in 2010. He led the creation of the Aga Khan Museum and the world's sixth Ismaili Centre, both opened in Toronto in fall 2014.

The Aga Khan’s global humanitarian efforts—including those undertaken through the Aga Khan Foundation Canada—have had a lasting impact on the developing world, bringing improved health, education and rural development to some of the most vulnerable communities in Africa and Asia.

As Minister of Canadian Heritage, I thank His Highness for all he has done to help those in need, and join with Canada’s Ismaili community in wishing him a very happy birthday. Khushali Mubarak!

http://news.gc.ca/web/article- en.do?nid=1168819&tp=980&_ga=1 .3253680.1269738351.1473446741
kmaherali

Re: 80th Birthday of H.H. The Aga Khan

Post by kmaherali »

Admin wrote: I would like to thank you again for a most wonderful evening and for the particularly very beautiful 80th birthday present

Hazar Imam was presented with a gift on behalf of the global Jamat. This was a mosaic created by Gulji and commissioned in 1989. This reminded me of the mosaic from Gulji we have at the Ismaili centre here in London

The GIFT

This was presented to Hazar Imam on behalf of the Entire Jamat - It is a beautiful mosaic of horses by Gulji commissioned in 1989. The reason for this is Hazar Imam and the families interest in Horses and historically by Imams in the past.
See the depiction here:

Artist:
Ismail Gulgee (Pakistani, 1926–2007)
Title:Horses , 1989 Medium:lapis lazuli mosaicSize:120 x 108 cm. (47.2 x 42.5 in.)

http://www.artnet.com/artists/ismail-gu ... IaIvUMCVg2
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Harmony and service elevate birthday celebration to the global stage

Aleem Karmali

http://www.theismaili.org/community-ser ... obal-stage

24 December 2016

The milestone celebration of Mawlana Hazar Imam’s 80th birthday engaged artists from the diverse traditions of the Ismaili community in “a musical and cultural conversation.” And ensuring that within hours of the event, the worldwide Jamat could witness the celebration in a multiplicity of languages, was no minor feat.

Also see:
» VIDEO: Mawlana Hazar Imam’s milestone birthday celebration filled with happiness and affection
» GALLERY: Mawlana Hazar Imam's 80th birthday celebration

What does the song of a united global Jamat sound like? What notes, rhythms and lyrics do musicians compose when they come from all corners of the globe; when they are bringing together the heritage of diverse Ismaili Muslim traditions?

And — most importantly — how do they join in harmony to perform a musical offering for the Imam of the Time, on the occasion of his 80th birthday, and on behalf of all of his murids around the world?

Making music as one

“We came together not with the intention to present music from the North, or music from the South, or the West, or the East,” says Hussein Janmohamed. Nor to “present a palette or buffet of international sound that we could all taste and go home.”

Janmohamed served as the musical director and also performed alongside fellow artists from the Jamats of Afghanistan, East Africa, Europe, North America, Iran, South Asia, Syria and Tajikistan at the celebration of Mawlana Hazar Imam’s 80th birthday, which took place at his residence at Aiglemont, France on 16 December 2016.

Rather than simply have the artists perform pieces from each tradition, the goal was to find a way to bridge the unique musical traditions in a creative and collaborative manner.

“What we are trying to do here is to increase our understanding of what it means to be part of one Jamat, united by our allegiance to, and love for, the Imam of the Time,” explains producer Nina Hirji Kheraj. “By bringing musicians from around the world — broadly representing six geographic regions — to make music together, we engaged in a musical and cultural conversation.”

“We’re not playing: Syria plays, Afghanistan plays, Tajikistan plays, South Asia plays,” she continues. “We were playing together. We allowed ourselves to be curious about each other and we found a new language and way of being, We’re in a musical and cultural conversation.”

Engaging in that conversation drew the group together. Many of the 20 artists had not previously met — their encounters and collaboration began via remote video connection only three weeks prior to the event. Arriving in France on 9 December gave them a few days to get to know one another and to find their harmony in person. Each individual brought a unique voice, a different sound and a depth of talent.

“We were trying to work with each other, and at times this was not easy,” recalls Soibegim Davlatshoeva, a singer from Tajikistan, who is a member and artistic director of the Badakhshan Ensemble. But “music is in the heart, and there are similarities in our music. And from each we have picked a flower and created a bunch of flowers.”

“What we saw was laughter, what we saw was joy, what we saw was creativity,” she says.

In her remarks introducing the performance to Mawlana Hazar Imam, his family and all those who were present, Nina Hirji Kheraj spoke of the lessons and the rewards in the group’s journey towards musical pluralism.

“We learnt that talking about pluralism is not the same as engaging with it,” said Hirji Kheraj. “We had to learn to cede ground, to be fluid and flexible, to be open-hearted and open intellectually. We learnt to extend the generous hand of friendship and brotherhood, and we learnt that it takes effort. It is not always easy, but the rewards are sweet.”

The struggle to find unity made the end result that much more meaningful for the performers, according to Samidha Joglekar, a singer from Canada.

“If there is a moment of unity or harmony in the music you really appreciate that more when there’s been cacophony before that,” Joglekar says. “I think that’s a metaphor for, maybe, our existence. You can’t have unity unless you go through that.”

Delivering to the world

While the artists endeavoured to find their music, another group of equally dedicated volunteers grappled with a daunting technical challenge: capturing and transmitting the entire birthday celebration to the Jamat around the world — in record time!

Screenings of a video of the event had been organised to take place the following day in Jamatkhanas around the world, with each gathering expected to draw hundreds or even thousands of viewers. There was no room for disappointment, and little time to spare.

The Friday birthday celebration finished after 11:00 PM in France. The production involved not only the live filming of the event, but also pre-producing several features, and a very tight window to edit and turnaround the final product. Due to the time zone difference, the first Jamats in New Zealand and Australia were due to show the video less than 12 hours later.

The Jamat was appreciative. Salma Premji, a member of the Sydney Jamat, felt moved at witnessing “the Noorani family with global Jamat leaders together celebrating our Imam’s birthday.” Especially, she says “knowing his entire adult life has been dedicated to us.”

Abdul Tejani, also from Sydney, was glad to have the chance to experience the event together with the rest of the Jamat. “It was great to see Mawlana Hazar Imam celebrating,” he says. “His speech was very inspiring and touching, with his love for his murids splashed all over it.”

Eliminating language barriers

Delivering the video to Jamats in time was one challenge, but it also had to be subtitled in 10 different languages.

For the Ismaili community, such a massive translation effort was a first. Videos of momentous Imamat occasions had been turned around quickly for the global Jamat in the past, notably the Inaugural Ceremony of Mawlana Hazar Imam’s Golden Jubilee on 11 July 2007. But never before had subtitles been added — even in one language, let alone 10.

An array of people worked tirelessly to make it happen. The video team consisted of 10 people, including directors, camera operators, and editors. Five camera operators filmed the ceremony, with direction and editing taking place in a live control room. The live-edited video was then combined with the pre-produced opening and other features to provide the Jamat with an even better understanding of the evening, and the story behind it.

Speeches were quickly transcribed and reviewed before being sent to translators around the world. Once the final video was completed with its English audio, the team worked into the hours of the night to add subtitles in Arabic, Dari, English, Farsi, French, Gujarati, Portuguese, Russian, Tajik, and Urdu.

After approximately 20 hours of continuous and demanding work by the team, the entire global Jamat had received videos in their relevant languages. The impact was felt in Jamatkhanas around the world, where screenings were already underway.

“That the Jamat in Iran could view the film at the same time as the global Jamat, so quickly after the event, and in subtitles was a unique and unprecedented experience,” says Nacim Pak-Shiraz, who served as a translator and liaison with the musicians. “This shared experience, without language barriers, created a sense of connectedness with the global Jamat and being part of one community.”

The hard work and dedication of all the organisers and volunteers, whose tireless efforts helped make the celebration of Mawlana Hazar Imam’s birthday a success, was rooted in the historic tradition of loving and devoted service by the Jamat for the Imam of the Time.

“This has been a very, very happy occasion for me,” said Mawlana Hazar Imam during his birthday celebration. “I would like to thank everyone who has participated in making this event happen. I would like to thank our musicians for their wonderful performance and I would like to hope that each one of you will retain this evening as a moment of special happiness in your lives.”
Admin

Post by Admin »

http://rdnewsnow.com/article/565262/aga ... ts-trudeau

On Aga Khan's birthday, Christmas holiday controversy still haunts Trudeau
By The Canadian Press
December 13, 2017 - 3:00pm

OTTAWA — When Prime Minister Justin Trudeau planned his holiday trip a year ago, he would have had no reason to fear that the Ghost of Christmas Past would still be haunting him a year later.

Trudeau, his family and some friends, including MP Seamus O'Regan, now the minister of veterans affairs, spent their 2016 Christmas vacation on a private island in the Bahamas owned by the Aga Khan, the billionaire spiritual leader of the Ismaili Muslims.

The Prime Minister's Office initially tried to play down the trip, refusing to say where Trudeau would spend the holiday. When it came out early in the new year that he spent the vacation in a Caribbean hideaway owned by the wealthy philanthropist, the opposition pounced.

They asked why Trudeau accepted a free vacation from a rich man whose charitable organizations, in some cases, relied on Canadian government help. The prime minister tried to brush things off, saying the Aga Khan is an old friend of his family — indeed, Trudeau wished him a happy birthday Wednesday — as well as a leader and a partner in the fight against world poverty.

He also pointed out that the Aga Khan is an honorary Canadian citizen and an honorary Companion of the Order of Canada, but none of that carried any weight with his political foes.

The saga has lingered to this day — when the government announced a new ethics commissioner earlier this week, it rekindled memories of the controversy, since Trudeau and his officials had to recuse themselves from the selection process, since he was the subject of an inquiry.

Wednesday's statement surely didn't help, either.

"I am proud to call His Highness both a friend and a mentor," Trudeau said in his birthday wishes. "Canada and the world are stronger and richer because of his commitment to diversity and inclusion, and to finding common ground.

"Today, Sophie and I thank the Aga Khan for all that he has done to help those in need, and wish him continued health and happiness for years to come."

Trudeau had flown most of the way to the Bahamas on a government aircraft, but did the last leg on a private helicopter owned by his host — a no-no according to government rules that prohibit ministers of the Crown from using private aircraft except when no other options exist.

Trudeau insisted that the helicopter was the only way to reach the hideaway, but then it emerged that some of his technical staff reached Bell Island on another aircraft.

The costs climbed in fits and starts as various expense accounts were reported.

The opposition kept the issue going, dragging its ghostly chains through question period for weeks.

The Conservatives complained to Mary Dawson, the federal ethics commissioner, that Trudeau's trip crossed the conflict of interest rules. She eventually agreed to look into the matter and Trudeau agreed to answer any questions she might have.

That investigation has dragged on for months. Dawson won't comment on investigations and routinely asks that those involved in such matters keep quiet until she reports.

The sanctions involved are minor, little more than a tap on the wrist, even if Dawson found a breach of the rules, but a finding against the prime minister would give the opposition more material to work into their effort to portray Trudeau as a wealthy dilettante out of touch with ordinary folks.

The latest twist to the tale comes with the appointment of Mario Dion, the current head of the Immigration and Refugee Board, as the new ethics commissioner. Opposition MPs fret that Dion has refused to commit himself to following through on existing complaints, including those involving Trudeau and his trip.

While the Ghost of Christmas Past lives on in the ethics commissioner's files, the Prime Minister's Office seems to have learned a lesson.

His office is happy to tell askers that Trudeau and family plan to spend this holiday on Canadian soil — part at the prime ministerial retreat at Harrington Lake north of Ottawa, and part in the Canadian Rockies.

The Canadian Press
Admin

Post by Admin »

http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/st ... 76773.html

Statement by the Prime Minister on the birthday of His Highness the Aga Khan

News provided by
Prime Minister's Office

08:00 ET

OTTAWA, Dec. 13, 2017 /CNW/ - The Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, today issued the following statement marking the birthday of His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan:

"Today, we celebrate the birthday of His Highness the Aga Khan, the spiritual leader of the Shia Ismaili Muslims – a community that includes tens of thousands in Canada and millions around the world.

"The Aga Khan is a global humanitarian leader dedicated to the promotion of pluralism and peace. He is an inspiration to millions, including myself.

"I often say that Canada is stronger not in spite of its differences, but because of them. For half a century, the Aga Khan has shown that about the world.

"His Highness has worked tirelessly to reduce poverty, promote diversity, and advance gender equality, particularly in developing countries. He is a beacon of compassion and acceptance, who has always stood by those most vulnerable.

"In recognition of his noble work, he was named an honorary Canadian citizen and an honorary Companion of the Order of Canada. I am proud to call His Highness both a friend and a mentor. Canada and the world are stronger and richer because of his commitment to diversity and inclusion, and to finding common ground.

"Today, Sophie and I thank the Aga Khan for all that he has done to help those in need, and wish him continued health and happiness for years to come."

This document is also available at http://pm.gc.ca

SOURCE Prime Minister's Office
Admin

Post by Admin »

http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/st ... 07683.html

Statement by Minister Joly on the Birthday of His Highness the Aga Khan

News provided by
Canadian Heritage

10:11 ET

Share this article

Today, Shia Ismaili Muslims in Canada and around the world celebrate the birthday of His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan

OTTAWA, Dec. 13, 2017 /CNW/ - Today, Shia Imami Ismaili Muslims in Canada and around the world celebrate the birthday of their 49th hereditary Imam and spiritual leader, His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan IV.

An advocate of peace, diversity and pluralism, the Aga Khan is acknowledged internationally for his work in support of economic development in the world's poorest countries. Through the Aga Khan Development Network, which he founded more than 60 years ago, he has brought improved health, education and rural development to vulnerable communities.

As we celebrate Canada 150, His Highness's birthday is an ideal opportunity to express our gratitude to the Ismaili community in Canada for their many contributions to our society. The work of the Aga Khan Foundation Canada, the establishment of the Global Centre for Pluralism in Ottawa, and the creation of the Aga Khan Museum and the Ismaili Centre in Toronto are just a few examples of that involvement.

As Minister of Canadian Heritage and Minister responsible for Multiculturalism, I join Canadian Ismailis in wishing His Highness the Aga Khan a very happy 81st birthday. Khushali mubarak!

SOURCE Canadian Heritage
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

On 13 December 2017, Ismailis around the world will celebrate Mawlana Hazar Imam’s 81st birthday — an occasion to reflect on the unique spiritual bond that links each murid to the Imam-of-the-Time.

Throughout history, Ismaili Muslims have been led by a living, hereditary Imam-of-the-Time descended from the progeny of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) through his cousin and son-in-law, Hazrat Ali, and his daughter, Hazrat Bibi Fatima.

On 13 December 2017, Ismailis around the world will celebrate the 81st birthday of our present living Imam, His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan. Born in Geneva, Switzerland in 1936, he succeeded his grandfather to become the 49th Imam at the age of 20. During six decades of his Imamat, Mawlana Hazar Imam has devoted himself to the spiritual and worldly progress of Ismailis everywhere.

The celebration of Mawlana Hazar Imam's birthday is an occasion for Ismailis to reflect on the unique spiritual bond that links each murid to Hazar Imam. It also affords the Jamat an opportunity to express its love, loyalty and devotion to the Imamat, which binds the Ismaili community together as one.

Salgirah Khushiali Mubarak!

https://the.ismaili/salgirah
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Arif Virani

Today, I rose in the House of Commons to recognize the 81st birthday of the Aga Khan, the spiritual leader of Ismaili Muslims worldwide.

In 1972 the Aga Khan was pivotal to securing the safe arrival in Canada of thousands of Ugandan Asians, including me and my family.

It was with great pride that I - only the 3rd Ismaili Canadian ever elected to parliament - rose in the House today to wish all Ismailis celebrating, Khushali Mubarak.

Happy Birthday, Hazar Imam!

VIDEO
https://www.facebook.com/ArifViraniMP/v ... 438820783/
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Aga Khan's Birthday - December 13, 2017

Yasmin Rattansi's Speech at the Parliament

VIDEO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... yjFeN532vQ
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Statement by the Prime Minister on Imamat Day

The Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, today issued the following statement on Imamat Day:

“Today, Ismaili Muslims across Canada and around the world celebrate the anniversary of the ascension of His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan IV to the Throne of the Imamat.

“On July 11th, 1957, His Highness The Aga Khan became the 49th hereditary Imam – spiritual leader – of the Shia Imami Ismaili Muslims.

“Over the last 61 years, the Aga Khan has been a strong voice for Ismailis and an advocate for people around the world of all origins and faiths. He has worked tirelessly to reduce poverty, advance gender equality, and champion healthcare and education for the most vulnerable.

“The Aga Khan is a global humanitarian leader who has inspired so many of us to serve our communities and believe in a peaceful, more inclusive world.

“The values promoted by His Highness – kindness, compassion, and respect for diversity and human rights – are deeply held in Canada. We are proud to have bestowed honorary Canadian citizenship on the Aga Khan, and honoured to host both the Aga Khan Museum in Toronto and His Highness’ Global Centre for Pluralism in Ottawa. This centre leads vital conversations on how diversity and pluralism enrich our communities and strengthen our societies.

“Today, as celebrations for his diamond jubilee year come to a close, we reflect on the Aga Khan’s example, the importance of seeing ourselves in each other, and building bridges, rather than barriers, between communities.

“I wish all Ismaili Canadians celebrating Imamat Day a heartfelt Khushiali Mubarak!”

https://pm.gc.ca/eng/news/2018/07/11/st ... imamat-day
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Happy 82nd Birthday To Our Beloved Hazar Imam

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BomH8cY_OWM
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Salgirah

On 13 December 2018, Ismailis around the world will celebrate Mawlana Hazar Imam’s 82nd birthday — an occasion to reflect on the unique spiritual bond that links each murid to the Imam-of-the-Time.

Throughout history, Ismaili Muslims have been led by a living, hereditary Imam-of-the-Time descended from the progeny of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) through his cousin and son-in-law, Hazrat Ali, and his daughter, Hazrat Bibi Fatima.

On 13 December 2018, the global Jamat will celebrate the 82nd birthday of our present living Imam, His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan. Born in Geneva, Switzerland in 1936, he succeeded his grandfather to become the 49th Imam at the age of 20.

During over six decades of his Imamat, Mawlana Hazar Imam has devoted himself to the spiritual and worldly progress of Ismailis everywhere. Throughout this time, he has also been recognised as an influential and respected leader on the world stage, by virtue of his commitment to peace, hope, and of upholding the dignity of humankind.

The celebration of Hazar Imam's birthday is an occasion for Ismailis to reflect on the unique spiritual bond that links each murid to Hazar Imam. It also affords the Jamat an opportunity to express its love, loyalty, and devotion to the Imamat, which binds the Ismaili community together as one.

Salgirah Khushiali Mubarak!

https://the.ismaili/our-culture/salgira ... rce=Direct
Admin

Post by Admin »

https://pm.gc.ca/eng

Statement by the Prime Minister on the birthday of His Highness the Aga Khan

Ottawa, Ontario - December 13, 2018

The Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, today issued the following statement marking the birthday of His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan:

“Today, we join Shia Ismaili Muslims across Canada and around the world to celebrate the 82nd birthday of their spiritual leader, His Highness the Aga Khan.

“His Highness is a global humanitarian leader and an ambassador for pluralism and peace. For over fifty years, he has worked tirelessly to reduce poverty, advance gender equality, and champion healthcare and education for the most vulnerable.

“His dedication to bridge building and message of compassion offers a way forward. He reminds us all of our common humanity, and that the measure of success is not what we achieve for ourselves, but what we do for others.

“The Aga Khan and Canada share a special bond, epitomized by the vibrant Ismaili community that calls this country home. We have long championed the same values – respect for diversity, openness to others, generosity of heart – and work every day toward a more caring, peaceful, and inclusive world. We are proud to have bestowed honorary Canadian citizenship on the Aga Khan, and honoured to host to both the Aga Khan Museum in Toronto and the Global Centre for Pluralism in Ottawa.

“Today, Sophie and I thank the Aga Khan for setting a tremendous example for us all, and wish him health and happiness on this special day.”
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Salgirah Mubarak 2018!!!

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oas7hsMUI6s

Join Euless City Councilman Salman Bhojani in wishing #IsmailiMuslims around the world #SalgirahMubarak! Happy 82nd Birthday to His Highness Prince Karim #AgaKhan.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Senator Mobina Jaffer - His Highness the Aga Khan - Congratulations on the Occasion of 82nd Birthday

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW1ZWr7Ts3U

Senator Mobina Jaffer - His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan - Congratulations on the Occasion of Eighty-Second Birthday
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Salgirah Mubarak

Images of Mawlana Hazar Imam's six decades of Imamat, on the occasion of Salgirah Khushiali 2018.

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ4H6yvEVlw
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Imamat Day

Foremost among the principles of the Shia Ismaili Tariqah of Islam is the recognition of the Imam of the Time. Imamat Day is an occasion to reaffirm this principle, express gratitude to Mawlana Hazar Imam, and to reaffirm our spiritual allegiance to the Imam and our commitment to the ethics of the faith.

Sixty-two years ago, on 11 July 1957, Mawlana Hazar Imam succeeded his grandfather, Mawlana Sultan Mahomed Shah, as the 49th hereditary Imam of the Shia Ismaili Muslims.

In keeping with the 1,400-year old tradition of Muslim leadership, covering all interpretations of Islam, Mawlana Hazar Imam has guided his murids in matters of faith and worked tirelessly to improve the quality and security of their lives. This latter concern extends not only to the Ismailis but all those who share their lives – locally, nationally and internationally.

Mawlana Hazar Imam's vision, as well as the Imamat's institutional capacity to catalyse human development, have been widely recognised by governments, international organisations and civil society institutions. Today, the Ismaili Imamat's privileged relationships with many of these, enhance its capacity to contribute to human development on a global scale.

It is through the leadership and guidance of the Imam-of-the-Time that the Jamat has been able to respond effectively to various challenges, and emerge as a resilient community. Today, our Jamat and its institutions, under Mawlana Hazar Imam’s visionary leadership, are making significant contributions to the societies where we live.

Imamat Day is an occasion to reaffirm our allegiance and gratitude to Mawlana Hazar Imam for his benevolence and guidance, and to renew our commitment to the ethics of the faith. On the occasion of the 62nd anniversary of Mawlana Hazar Imam's accession to the Ismaili Imamat, The.Ismaili extends warmest Imamat Day wishes to all Ismaili Muslims around the world

Video at:

https://the.ismaili/our-culture/imamat-day-1
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

OTTAWA, July 11, 2019 /CNW/ - The Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, today issued the following statement on Imamat Day:

"On Imamat Day, we join Ismaili Muslims in Canada and around the world to celebrate the anniversary of the ascension of His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan IV to the Throne of the Imamat. On July 11th, 1957, His Highness The Aga Khan became the 49th hereditary Imam – spiritual leader – of the Shia Imami Ismaili Muslims.

"For more than six decades, the Aga Khan has worked to reduce poverty, champion healthcare and education, and defend the rights of the most vulnerable around the world. As a global humanitarian leader, and an advocate for people of all backgrounds and faiths, he inspires us all to do more to serve others and care for our communities.

"Compassion, openness, respect for diversity and human rights – the values the Aga Khan promotes are Canadian values. Canada hosts both the Aga Khan Museum in Toronto – the only museum dedicated to Islamic art in all of North America – and His Highness' Global Centre for Pluralism in Ottawa. We are proud to have bestowed honorary Canadian citizenship on the Aga Khan in 2009.

"Today, let's reflect on the Aga Khan's example, and carry his message of compassion forward. All of us can build bridges, celebrate our differences, and make our world a better one.

"I wish all Ismaili Canadians celebrating today a heartfelt Khushiali Mubarak!"

SOURCE Prime Minister's Office

https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/s ... 90562.html

Statement by Minister Rodriguez on Imamat Day/Khushiali

Today, Ismaili Muslims in Canada and around the world celebrate Imamat Day/Khushiali

OTTAWA, July 11, 2019 /CNW/ - Today, Ismaili Muslims in Canada and around the world celebrate Imamat Day, also known as Khushiali. This occasion commemorates the day in 1957 when His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan IV became Imam and spiritual leader of the Shi'a Ismaili Muslims.

For over 60 years, the Aga Khan has dedicated his life to community service. From improving the lives of the poorest and most vulnerable people to promoting peace and pluralism, the impact of his humanitarian work is felt all over the world. We are proud that the Aga Khan is an honorary Canadian citizen. The Ismaili Imamat has made many valuable contributions to, and maintains an important presence in, Canada, including the Ismaili Centres in Burnaby and Toronto, the Aga Khan Museum in Toronto, the Aga Khan Garden outside Edmonton, and the successful partnership Canada enjoys with His Highness on the Global Centre for Pluralism in Ottawa.

On this special day, I invite Canadians to learn more about Imamat Day and to recognize the more than 100,000 members of the Ismaili community for their important contribution to the social and cultural fabric of Canada. Our country's wealth of diversity, spirit of openness and commitment to inclusion benefit us all.

As Minister of Canadian Heritage and Multiculturalism, I extend my best wishes to all Canadians celebrating Imamat Day. Khushiali mubarak!

SOURCE Canadian Heritage

https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/s ... 27559.html

Statement by Senator Mobina Jaffer

Imamat Day Mubarak 2019
Today Ismailis around the world will gather and celebrate Imamat Day, which marks that day that His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan succeeded his grandfather and became the 49th hereditary spiritual leader of the Shia Ismaili Muslims.

I still vividly remember following my dad around as he organized His Highness the Aga Khan’s coronation in Kampala, Uganda. Today, over 60 years later, when so much has changed in the world, one thing has remained the same. The Aga Khan’s unwavering commitment to improve the lives of Ismaili Muslims and people all around the world, driving change and promoting pluralism and diversity continues to have a tremendous impact on women, men and children in Canada and abroad.

My father Sherali Bandali Jaffer at His Highness the Aga Khan’s coronation in Kampala, Uganda in 1958.

Last year, Ismaili Muslims celebrated His Highness the Aga Khan’s Diamond Jubilee. I can’t help but think back to that time, and reminisce about all of the joy, laughter and excitement that spread throughout our community as our global jamat gathered in Portugal to celebrate this auspicious occasion. So much has changed in my life both professionally and personally over this past year. Despite the challenges, loss and adversity that I have encountered, I still remain eternally grateful for everything that I have blessed with.

Everything I stand for and everything I have achieved is thanks to the guidance and sacrifices of His Highness the Aga Khan.

So today, on Imamat Day I reflect on how I could possibly repay someone who has given so much. I believe the best gift we can give His Highness is to personify his values each and every day.

This means working hard to leave the world in a better place than it was when we found it. This means recognizing all countries are different in terms of history, culture, tradition, and that we cannot take a set of issues or values from one country and apply it to another. This means ensuring that difference is not seen as weakness but instead as a powerful force for good.

We are all incredibly fortunate to live in a country as great as Canada, where difference and diversity doesn’t divide us, it defines us.

Not everyone in this world is as lucky as I am. I truly believe that by working together we can make His Highness’ vision of the world a reality so that men, women and children all over the world can be as fortunate as we are.

Khushiali Mubarak!

http://mobinajaffer.ca/blog/2019/07/11/ ... arak-2019/

Imamat Day: Statement from Premier Kenney - July 11, 2019

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... 7QAVjzSTfI

Greetings by Arif Virani

Video:

https://www.facebook.com/ArifViraniMP/v ... 851931464/
Admin

Post by Admin »

https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/s ... 90562.html

News provided by
Prime Minister's Office

Jul 11, 2019, 09:00 ET

Share this article

OTTAWA, July 11, 2019 /CNW/ - The Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, today issued the following statement on Imamat Day:

"On Imamat Day, we join Ismaili Muslims in Canada and around the world to celebrate the anniversary of the ascension of His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan IV to the Throne of the Imamat. On July 11th, 1957, His Highness The Aga Khan became the 49th hereditary Imam – spiritual leader – of the Shia Imami Ismaili Muslims.

"For more than six decades, the Aga Khan has worked to reduce poverty, champion healthcare and education, and defend the rights of the most vulnerable around the world. As a global humanitarian leader, and an advocate for people of all backgrounds and faiths, he inspires us all to do more to serve others and care for our communities.

"Compassion, openness, respect for diversity and human rights – the values the Aga Khan promotes are Canadian values. Canada hosts both the Aga Khan Museum in Toronto – the only museum dedicated to Islamic art in all of North America – and His Highness' Global Centre for Pluralism in Ottawa. We are proud to have bestowed honorary Canadian citizenship on the Aga Khan in 2009.

"Today, let's reflect on the Aga Khan's example, and carry his message of compassion forward. All of us can build bridges, celebrate our differences, and make our world a better one.

"I wish all Ismaili Canadians celebrating today a heartfelt Khushiali Mubarak!"

kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Aga Khan Development Network Tanzania celebrates 62nd Imamat Day

The Aga Khan Development Network in Tanzania marked the 62nd anniversary of Mawlana Hazar Imam's ascension to the Ismaili Imamat at a reception held at the Serena Hotel in Dar es Salaam. The Government of Tanzania was officially represented by Honourable Minister of Foreign Affairs and East African Cooperation, Professor Palamagamba Kabudi.

“The friendship between the Ismaili Imamat and its institutions and the Government of Tanzania has been a long and constructive one, and our work here would be neither possible nor as effective without its support, the welcoming and enabling environment it has created, and its commitment to improving the quality of life for people in this country and the region,” AKDN Tanzania Resident Representative Amin Kurji, who hosted the event, said. “The government and the people of Tanzania have made substantial economic strides in recent years and they are to be congratulated for these achievements.”

For over a century, the AKDN has been dedicated to improving the quality of life for all Tanzanians in the areas of poverty alleviation, food security, education, health care, economic development and cultural restoration. The AKDN has been active in Tanzania since the opening of the first Aga Khan Girls School in Zanzibar in 1905.

The reception was attended by members of the diplomatic community, representatives of international organizations and civil society, members of the wider AKDN network in Tanzania and other honourable guests. Last year marked the conclusion of Mawlana Hazar Imam's Diamond Jubilee year, celebrating 60 years of Imamat worldwide. In Tanzania, this meant reaffirming AKDN’s commitment to continuing work in the social and economic development arenas, and continuing to strengthen its longstanding relationship with the Government of Tanzania.

The Resident Representative thanked Hon. Professor Kabudi for his presence at the reception, noting that it represented “the strong partnership between AKDN and the Government of Tanzania, together with our collective commitment to creating an enabling environment (for all) sectors of the economy, especially within the social development space.”

Both the Resident Representative and Hon. Minister Kabudi expressed their commitment to building the existing partnership between the AKDN and the Government of Tanzania and working to achieve improved quality of life for all Tanzanians.

“Tanzania wishes to overwhelmingly commend the effort and support of the Aga Khan Development Network in Tanzania and reiterates its commitment and support towards facilitation of the AKDN work in Tanzania,” Minister Kabudi said. “It is through this spirit of cooperation and engagement between us the implementation of the objectives for both Parties can be realized.”

Photos
https://the.ismaili/tanzania/aga-khan-d ... imamat-day