Conversion

Discussion on doctrinal issues
AliEmanoil

Conversion

Post by AliEmanoil »

Ya Ali Madad and Assalamou Alaykum ! i am 19 years old and of Romanian and Greek Heritage. I was born Christian but after studying all Religions under the Sun i converted to Shia Islam (Jafari). I felt very attracted to Imam Ali(as) whom i was seeing as a father. I studied Islam in Depth and learned about all branches of Islam . While studying more and more the Quran and Hadith i started to want more than this Outwardly Sharia thing (do and do not do). I wanted to move on to the next level of Knowledge. Unfortunately the shias just as the Sunnis have become focused only on the outside and almost rejected the Inside as Sufism. I admire their Mourning of Imam Hussein(as) or Fatima Zahra(sa) but i think its deeper than that. I Started reading on Ismailism which is the nearest Branch to Jafari( I agree that Ismail ibn Jaffar (AS) should have succeded Jaffar as Sadiq (AS). I fell in love with Ismailism and the Aga Khan which is a Great man. i think the twelve occulted imam is really a baseless theory. The Esoteric aspect of Ismailism is what Islam is all about . Just like Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said : I am the city of knowledge and Ali its Gate (AS). So All Imams are the Gate to the city of Knowledge which is the Prophet. I know some ismailis in my entourage but they are not lets say very practicing so they themselves do not know about this. I was wondering how can i convert (I live near Montreal and near Brossard in Quebec, Canada and i am wondering if any Ismaili lives near there ). I am ready to study and learn as much as possible. I just want to progess spiritually with the help of God and Hazar Imam and i feel that Ismailism is the only way to the Truth in Islam which is the most Perfect Religion. Thank you for Everything Ya Ali Madad!
kmaherali

Re: Conversion

Post by kmaherali »

AliEmanoil wrote: I was wondering how can i convert (I live near Montreal and near Brossard in Quebec, Canada and i am wondering if any Ismaili lives near there ). I am ready to study and learn as much as possible. I just want to progess spiritually with the help of God and Hazar Imam and i feel that Ismailism is the only way to the Truth in Islam which is the most Perfect Religion. Thank you for Everything Ya Ali Madad!
This topic has been discussed on several occasions in this forum. Just click on the link below for all the threads....

Customs and Traditions --> current procedure for converting to ismaili

http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... pic&t=7505
Admin

Post by Admin »

I would suggest that you get in touch with the IEB office in Montreal and they will help you in your search and explain to you the process.

Call at 819-570-8264 (Mr Sha Ismatullah Habibi) or 514-738-8866 ext 10, the Council office.

-------------------------