PENDING VISIT TO WASHINGTON

Activities of the Imam and the Noorani family.

PENDING VISIT TO WASHINGTON

Post by Guest »

Is anyone going to Washington to see His Highness? In my opinion, his work and public perception are becoming increasingly important to guard and foster. He has helped many in my home country (Tajikistan) and I hope others can benefit from his efforts equally. <BR><BR>I hope that reverent gestures by Ismaeili visistors are focused internally. In his convocation visit in Toronto, I observed&nbsp;utter confusion o&shy;n the faces of the University of Toronto's leadership when a youngster fell in prostration. Theologically, this may be in keeping with tradition. Unfortunatly, many non-Muslim leaders who interact&nbsp;with His Highness do not have the background neccessary to contextualize these actions. If left unexplained, I believe they compromise the relationships His Highness has developed, and thus, his&nbsp;work. This would be a magnificent shame. This is to completely overlook how the large Muslim community (whose voice in Canadian and Pakistani government is being increasingly heard) would react to these gestures. Think about how Christains like Artheu Blessit are perceived for their outward manifestations that many of us do not understand nor care to (He carried a 12-foot cros around the world).<BR><BR>I propose that the lettered members of this forum debrief such leaders o&shy;n their overt phsyical actions towards their Imam. Otherwise,&nbsp;if they wish to keep this knowledge and understanding to themselves,&nbsp;they should keep such actions internalized. The latter would be in keeping with the correctitude of Ismaeli practice where the Zaher stays Zaher, and the Baten remains Baten.<BR><BR>Remember, Ismaeilis are not the o&shy;nly o&shy;nes who have a vested interest in His Highness' work around the world. For many of us, he the singular souce of compassion, humility, kindness and help in a forgetful and selfish world.<BR><BR>Mikhael
tasbiha

tajikistan

Post by tasbiha »

could you please register so you can private message me?

I have a question that is off-topic. I have an email penpal from Tajikistan, a teenager who graduated from an AK school. He says he is desperately trying to go to college, but can't afford it. He says he's been admitted to the Tajik-Russian Modern University, and that it's only $800 US for a whole year, and that it's the least expensive university in his country.

Does the AK Foundation in Tajikistan have scholarships for poor Ismaili kids?

Does this story sound believable to you?

Many thanks for your response.
kmaherali

MHI Visits

Post by kmaherali »

Mikhael,

Your comments are very appropriate and timely. You are correct in stating that the leaders that MHI deals with do not have the background to contextualise certain outward actions that occur within the framework of the love between a Mursheed and his Murids. As you said correctly we should leave Zaher matters to Zaheri contexts and Batini matters to Batini contexts.

The institutions rather than preventing Jamati members to see the Imam without apparent reason should instead educate the Jamat on appropriate behaviour on such Zaheri situations. A simple announcement in JKs to inform the Jamats not to bow or say salwaats loudly on such occasions would suffice.
unnalhaq

An Article on the Scully Award

Post by unnalhaq »

http://usinfo.state.gov/sa/Archive/2005 ... 16608.html
Aga Khan Honored for Contributions to Islamic Architecture
Spiritual leader is recipient of 2005 Vincent Scully Award

washington visit?

Post by Guest »

<P>when?</P>
unnalhaq

Re: washington visit?

Post by unnalhaq »