Hindu Mythology and Indian Terminology / Civilisations

Discussion on ginan meanings, history etc..
nuseri

Post by nuseri »

To Kmaherali:Ya Ali madad.
We have names of our Imams taken in dua,that itself make us aware to know history since then for essence of faith and not religious rituals,customs and artefacts.
We have to FOLLOW our TARIQA( future) and not follow History/ traditions/PAST.
Admin

Post by Admin »

nuseri wrote: We have to FOLLOW our TARIQA( future) and not follow History/ traditions/PAST.
You have been posting the same in all the thread in all your message like a broken record. Please stop.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

agakhani wrote:
Ismailis don't believe they are in Kali Yuga
Kbhai,

for your kind information there are many Ismailis who believes that this is Kaliyug Please do not impose that wrong interpretation of Swami Yuktshwar and yours!! Please leave it just for you!
Yours is a wrong belief. We are in Farta Vella under the spiritual responsibility of Peer Hassan Kabeerdeen. We have past the Kaljug under the responsibility of Peer Sadardeen. Please go to:

jirebaire) Satgur bhetiya ne chandrune hua
http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... pic&t=8897
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

nuseri wrote: We have to FOLLOW our TARIQA( future) and not follow History/ traditions/PAST.
MHI. Farman
Hunza,Northern areas,Pakistan
October 18,2000

""My beloved spiritual children,
Since I have last been in Hunza, many changes have occurred,and maybe,you may not know this,but just a few days ago, the restoration of the Baltit Fort gave recognition to the history and people of Hunza due to this extraordinary building,being bestowed with one of the world's leading prizes,for conservation and restoration.

This is a compliment to the history and the people of Hunza. And this gives me the opportunity to say to the people of Hunza, that it is important that you remain true to your traditions, respect your history,keep traditions alive in the Jamat, keep your historic buildings in good care and make sure that your culture and your traditions move forward into the future as the bedrock of continuity in the Jamat in Hunza.
agakhani_1

Post by agakhani_1 »

Yours is a wrong belief. We are in Farta Vella under the spiritual responsibility of Peer Hassan Kabeerdeen. We have past the Kaljug under the responsibility of Peer Sadardeen.
To make your belief is the only right one : you indirectly telling that our pirs were wrong !!! I can show at least dozen quotations from our ginanic literature in which our great pirs has noted this time ( Fartal Vela) as a Kali yug, not a Dwapar yug. period.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

agakhani wrote:To make your belief is the only right one : you indirectly telling that our pirs were wrong !!! I can show at least dozen quotations from our ginanic literature in which our great pirs has noted this time ( Fartal Vela) as a Kali yug, not a Dwapar yug. period.
Good, please quote them here so that we can have a meaningful discussion.

Also explain what you understand by the term Farta Vellaa?
erumsuleman

Post by erumsuleman »

Dear kmaherali,

You are wrong on the interpretation that fartal vela is different from kaljug instead both fartal vella and ratan jug are part of kaljug.
If you dont believe me read girbhawali moti or nakhlanki gita in which the differences are clearly mentioned.
shivaathervedi

Post by shivaathervedi »

kmaherali wrote:
shivaathervedi wrote:EJI PIR VINA PAAR NA PAMIYE
JO BHANEY PAANCHEY VED

SYED IMAM SHAH.
Could you please provide the name of the Ginan? Thanks
EJI PIR VINA PAAR NA PAMIYE
JO BHANEY PAANCHEY VED
JE DAAVEY LAGA TE DOJAKH JAASE
TENEY NA JANIO SATGUR NU BHED

I am quoting one more interesting part of same ginan.

EJI KULJUG CHHEY KARO KUTRO
TENEY JE HANKEY TISEY KHAAEI
TEY MINDAR MA(N)EI HEENDHEY MALTO
TEY BAHAR NA KADHEY PAAEI

SYED IMAM SHAH.
shivaathervedi

Post by shivaathervedi »

agakhani wrote:
JO BHANEY PAANCHEY VED
Abhai,

Which is the fifth Veda, where is it?

In my opinion may be Syed Imam shah is pointing ginans as 5th veda, need more research. But in Hindu Dharma literature there is mention of 5 vedas,
PANCHVEDA. Or may be Upanishads as whole is called 5th veda, or Holy Gita is also called 5th veda.
Admin

Post by Admin »

What about FARMANS being the 5th Veda?
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

erumsuleman wrote:Dear kmaherali,

You are wrong on the interpretation that fartal vela is different from kaljug instead both fartal vella and ratan jug are part of kaljug.
If you dont believe me read girbhawali moti or nakhlanki gita in which the differences are clearly mentioned.
Welcome to the discussion.
According to the Ginan: jirebaire) Satgur bhetiya ne chandrune hua
http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... pic&t=8897

Farta Vella is an open ended era involving the salvation of countless crore souls and Kaljug is a closed era involving the salvation of 12 crore souls.

If you say that Farta Vella is a part of Kaljug, then mathematically and logically it is NONSENSE.

In my opinion it is highly unlikely that Girbhawali or Naklanki Gita would mention Farta Vellaa because they were composed by Pir Sadardeen in Kaljug. If you have evidence to the contrary, provide the relevant verses here. It is not good enough to say read the entire works.

Whenever I have provided an opinion, I have also provided specific verses as opposed to the entire granth.

Agakhani,

I will be extremely surprised if you can come up with one verse backing up your wrong belief!
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

shivaathervedi wrote:I am quoting one more interesting part of same ginan.

EJI KULJUG CHHEY KARO KUTRO
TENEY JE HANKEY TISEY KHAAEI
TEY MINDAR MA(N)EI HEENDHEY MALTO
TEY BAHAR NA KADHEY PAAEI

SYED IMAM SHAH.
Thanks, that provided the clue to the Ginan:

Pir vinaa paar na paamiye
http://ismaili.net/heritage/node/3924

We will have a translation soon and then have further discussion on it....
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Admin wrote:What about FARMANS being the 5th Veda?
A possibility. We have to bear in mind that although the Ginans use Hindu terminologies, they do not interpret them according to Hinduism but rather upon the principles of Satpanth Ismailism.

There is no Hinduism in Ginans!
ismaili103

Post by ismaili103 »

In my opinion it is highly unlikely that Girbhawali or Naklanki Gita would mention Farta Vellaa because they were composed by Pir Sadardeen in Kaljug. If you have evidence to the contrary, provide the relevant verses here. It is not good enough to say read the entire works.
Karim bhai, Naklanki gita is the granth of syed Imam shah not Pir Saddardin.

And Karim bhai we already give you the evidence from Ginans about this era is kaljug. As we gave you the Ginan about prediction of Kaljug and all those prediction by Pir are taken place now a days. In short its Kaljug.

You are saying there is no hinduism in Ginans, which is absolutely right, but you are developing your understanding about different terms in Ginans from a Hindu known as Swami Yukteshwar.

Not only about the jugs, you are also wrong about the Dasavatar that at the time of each avatar there were humans on earth. THIS INTERPRETATION OF DASAVATAR IS ACCEPTABLE IN HINDUISM BUT NOT IN ISMAILISM.

ACCORDING TO ISMAILISM DASAVATR IS THEORY OF EVOLUTION AND CONCEPT OF NOOR E IMAMAT IN EACH AND EVERY ORGANISM FROM THE BEGINING OF THE EARTH.
agakhani_1

Post by agakhani_1 »

I will be extremely surprised if you can come up with one verse backing up your wrong belief!
Kbhai,
You only asked one verse but I have dozen to prove brother, but I only put one verse as you requested: which we recite in JKs around the world!!

CHHELLI TE NAAV KAL JUG NI BHAI TAME KEM UTARSO PAAR!!
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

ismaili103 wrote:
Karim bhai, Naklanki gita is the granth of syed Imam shah not Pir Saddardin..
Please provide the appropriate verses from them supporting your understanding of Farta Velaa.
ismaili103 wrote: And Karim bhai we already give you the evidence from Ginans about this era is kaljug. As we gave you the Ginan about prediction of Kaljug and all those prediction by Pir are taken place now a days. In short its Kaljug..
There is no evidence in the Ginans that this is Kaljug. All we know is that most of the Ginans were composed during the Kaljug and hence we have phrases such as "esa kaljug - such is Kaljug.
ismaili103 wrote: You are saying there is no hinduism in Ginans, which is absolutely right, but you are developing your understanding about different terms in Ginans from a Hindu known as Swami Yukteshwar..
Please provide your understanding of Farta Velaa.
ismaili103 wrote: Not only about the jugs, you are also wrong about the Dasavatar that at the time of each avatar there were humans on earth. THIS INTERPRETATION OF DASAVATAR IS ACCEPTABLE IN HINDUISM BUT NOT IN ISMAILISM. .
You are implying that Pahelaaj was a non-human which according to Ginans does not make sense.
ismaili103 wrote: ACCORDING TO ISMAILISM DASAVATR IS THEORY OF EVOLUTION AND CONCEPT OF NOOR E IMAMAT IN EACH AND EVERY ORGANISM FROM THE BEGINING OF THE EARTH.
Read Peer Hassan Kabirdeen ane Kanipa Jogi no Samad. Do you think Pir Hassan kabirdin was a non-human being when he served the das Avtaars?
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

agakhani wrote:[ CHHELLI TE NAAV KAL JUG NI BHAI TAME KEM UTARSO PAAR!!
How does that explain Farta Velaa? What is Farta Velaa in your understanding?
agakhani_1

Post by agakhani_1 »

If you say that Farta Vella is a part of Kaljug, then mathematically and logically it is NONSENSE.
The real time of fartal vela has started right after pir Sadardin death, as per Rai Abu Ali, however pir Sadardin was also born in Kaliyug Fartal Vela is not a separate period ( yug ) it is also part of Kaliyug according Rai Saheb " in Fartal Vela" the lives of the murids will be very tough, which we are witnessing now a days.
As per old Gujarati dictionary Fartal ( Fadtal ) means "very tough" and "vela" means time. A tough time has been called as a Fartal Vela by our pirs, however it is not seperate yug but it is also the part of Kaliyug.
nuseri

Post by nuseri »

Ya ALI madad.
As we observe that our kalima expresses the evolution of life and process of spituality.
So the vedic was upto 4 th cycles of prophecy then was 5-7 other,they were prophets of ABRAHMIC lines.
this also reflect that human intellect could go up to 4 the level then, if it was higher at that phases there would have been trains, planes and factories then.
Kalima denounces there are NO GODS but one God.
The vedic age endorses and believes in MULTIPLE Gods.
the level of intellect got raised with each last three prophets.
5 Veda being the words of Moses,6 being that of Christ and the 7th being Quran and Farman.
At level 4 one sees 5th level as ultimate it raises the bar.
So kalyug has started with prophet and ALI+lah= Allah himself on earth..
In kalyug God has be present on earth with lots of play happening between Good and Evil.
One will get right astromincal insight with placement stars in UNIVERSE on day of EID E GHADIR and future Zahurat.
Vedas does have those prophecy written.which was beautified by our Pirs.
When we have living Spiritual Father ( Almighty God as called by Christians) ,we have 7th+++level bolta Veda,Tora,Bible & Quran with us.
Kmaherali was right in avway that awareness of past( not following or living in past) does corelates to ALI.
is the word Ali/ Eli said,used or hinted in the Vedas?
That would be a real Scholastic search?
Now all can rest in peace.
BTW numbers of Ginans I can recite & UNDERSTAND in parts( not fully),I can surprise most staunch Ginan bhagats.
We Ismailis are are category 7 not 5 as assumed.
shivaathervedi

Post by shivaathervedi »

UPANISHADS

The Upanishads; also known as Vedanta and Srutisira, are part of the Vedas and form the Hindu scriptures which primarily discuss philosophy, meditation and nature of God; they form the core spiritual thought of Vedantic Hinduism. The Upanishads are mystic or spiritual contemplations of the Vedas, their putative end and essence, and thus known as Vedanta ("the end of the Vedas"). The Upanishads were composed over several centuries, the oldest such as the Brhadaranyaka and Chandogya upanisads have been dated to around the eighteenth century BCE and the later ones to as late as the fifteenth century BCE. The roots of many Indian religions are built upon the foundation of the Upanishads.
The language of the Upanishads is Sanskrit, the oldest among them still classifying as late Vedic Sanskrit. The oldest Upanishads, the Bhadarayaka and the Chandogya are composed in prose. These early texts may date back to the 8th-7th centuries BCE.
According to tradition, there were over two hundred Upanishads, but the philosopher and commentator Shankara only composed commentaries to eleven of them. The Upanishads commented on by Shankara are generally regarded as the oldest ones. The Muktika Upanishad lists 108 Upanishads. In 1656, at the order of Dara Shikoh, the Upanishads were translated from Sanskrit into Persian.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

agakhani wrote:
The real time of fartal vela has started right after pir Sadardin death, as per Rai Abu Ali, however pir Sadardin was also born in Kaliyug Fartal Vela is not a separate period ( yug ) it is also part of Kaliyug according Rai Saheb " in Fartal Vela" the lives of the murids will be very tough, which we are witnessing now a days.
As per old Gujarati dictionary Fartal ( Fadtal ) means "very tough" and "vela" means time. A tough time has been called as a Fartal Vela by our pirs, however it is not seperate yug but it is also the part of Kaliyug.
Abually missionary was a great missionary. However he was not infallible, so we have to evaluate each opinion on merit.

Late Alwaez Shamshu Bandali Haji interpreted Fadta Velaa as the 'eye of kaliyuga'

Farta according to common Gujerati usage means 'turning'. In the context of our discussion it means turning form the dark age of Kaljug towards a more enlightened period of anant crori.

My question to you : How do countless crores be part of 12 crores?
agakhani_1

Post by agakhani_1 »

Kbhai,

you read carefully Anant Akhado then you will sure find out about 12 carore.

Rai Abu Ali was only one no Other missionary can take his place and I have noticed that Ismaili Study London students doesn't have respect towards him

Read A.akhado I am pretty sure you will find the answer.
ismaili103

Post by ismaili103 »

You are implying that Pahelaaj was a non-human which according to Ginans does not make sense.
You are again and again saying according to Ginans, but only thing written in Ginans is " King Pehlaaj" , " Pehlaaj " and " Mukhi Pehlaaj" . So first you tell me how can these terms justify that pehlaaj was human.

Read Peer Hassan Kabirdeen ane Kanipa Jogi no Samad. Do you think Pir Hassan kabirdin was a non-human being when he served the das Avtaars?
I had already read that granth with translation. So whats the problem in it why Pir hassan cant be in animal form to serve dasavatar. What do you think, animals donot worship Imam, what do you think, there soul do not have any relationship with Imam.

The bottom line is, when there was only sea creatures on earth, the Imam of the time was in Fish. And when Imamat was in a big mammal like LION, then every other creature on earth were not lion but they were small mammals including Pehlaaj.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

agakhani wrote:Kbhai,

you read carefully Anant Akhado then you will sure find out about 12 carore.

Rai Abu Ali was only one no Other missionary can take his place and I have noticed that Ismaili Study London students doesn't have respect towards him

Read A.akhado I am pretty sure you will find the answer.
Yes Anant Akhado mentions a lot about 12 crores, but not about Farta Velaa being part of the 12 crores.

There is a verse of Anant naa Nav chhugaa which states:

Aashaajee Chaar kanyaa-un Dev nee chhe
ek ardh-ang nee saar-jee,
Peer Hassan Kabeerdeen Shaah ne veenve
Swaamee maaraa karo amaaree saar........Haree anant...10

Oh Lord The four women are of the spirits(are merged in the
spirit having completed their mission. This refers to Pahelaaj,
Harischandra,Jujesthann and Pir Sadardin)
one is essentially half bodied(refers to his mission as
being incomplete)
Peer Hassan Kabeerdeen pleads to the Lord
Oh our Lord perfect us
Haree You are eternal...

The above verse clearly indicates that the eternal purpose with respect to the four yugas represented by Pahelaaj, Harishchandra, Jujesthann and Pir Sadardeen is complete.

However Pir Hassan Kabirdeen's mission of the salvation of the countless is not complete.

Hence Pir Hassan kabirdeens mission and purpose has no connection with the previous four Yugas.

If you know of verses to prove your false understanding please provide specific verses rather than saying read 500+ verses of Ananth Akhado.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

ismaili103 wrote:You are again and again saying according to Ginans, but only thing written in Ginans is " King Pehlaaj" , " Pehlaaj " and " Mukhi Pehlaaj" . So first you tell me how can these terms justify that pehlaaj was human..
Read the Ginan below carefully and you will know that Pahelaaj was not an animal. There were astrologers during his time. Animals are not capable of reading stars!

Translation of Pahelaj Ni Mata e Kunvar
http://ismaili.net/heritage/node/31379
ismaili103 wrote: The bottom line is, when there was only sea creatures on earth, the Imam of the time was in Fish. And when Imamat was in a big mammal like LION, then every other creature on earth were not lion but they were small mammals including Pehlaaj.
In the Pir Hassan Kabirdin ane Kanipa Jogee no samavad it is stated;

PHK: There was a devil called “Sankhasur” who took away the “Veds” ( religious scriptures) and concealed them in the deep ocean. “(Guru) Bhramaji” ( who was Peer Hassan Kabeerdeen) meditated to secure the Lord’s help. As a result Lord Vishnu incarnated as a fish and killed “Sankhasur” and gave the scriptures to “Bhramaji”.

Do you think that that animals are capable of reading the Vedas? For whom were the Vedas recovered? Do you see around fish and animals reading the Vedas?
agakhani_1

Post by agakhani_1 »

Do you think our pirs were wrong and you are the only one is right?
Do you think other religions including, Hinduism, Jainism and Shikhism are wrong? because they also belives this is Kaliyug.
Off course they are right in believing this is Kaliyug, period. Meanwhile I will find that verses soon, since I just moved in Houston and my all books are still in moving packages.

FYI:- The Salvation of 12 Karor by pir Sadardin counted right after Kaliyug started ( because there were no 12 karor population during the pir Sadardin time)and many historian believes that Kaliyug has been started after the war of Maha Bharat around 5000 years agoHowever there is considerable controversy over the date for the start of the Kali Yuga and its duration. According to the Surya Siddhanta, Kali Yuga began at midnight (00:00) on 18 February 3102 BCE. According to the astronomer and mathematician Aryabhatta the Kali Yuga started in 3102 BC.
ismaili103

Post by ismaili103 »

kmaherali wrote:
ismaili103 wrote:You are again and again saying according to Ginans, but only thing written in Ginans is " King Pehlaaj" , " Pehlaaj " and " Mukhi Pehlaaj" . So first you tell me how can these terms justify that pehlaaj was human..
Read the Ginan below carefully and you will know that Pahelaaj was not an animal. There were astrologers during his time. Animals are not capable of reading stars!

Translation of Pahelaj Ni Mata e Kunvar
http://ismaili.net/heritage/node/31379
ismaili103 wrote: The bottom line is, when there was only sea creatures on earth, the Imam of the time was in Fish. And when Imamat was in a big mammal like LION, then every other creature on earth were not lion but they were small mammals including Pehlaaj.
In the Pir Hassan Kabirdin ane Kanipa Jogee no samavad it is stated;

PHK: There was a devil called “Sankhasur” who took away the “Veds” ( religious scriptures) and concealed them in the deep ocean. “(Guru) Bhramaji” ( who was Peer Hassan Kabeerdeen) meditated to secure the Lord’s help. As a result Lord Vishnu incarnated as a fish and killed “Sankhasur” and gave the scriptures to “Bhramaji”.

Do you think that that animals are capable of reading the Vedas? For whom were the Vedas recovered? Do you see around fish and animals reading the Vedas?
And I am again saying you at that time there were only animals on earth thats why animals were the highest form of creation and animals were ASHRAF UL MAKHLUKAAT at that time, thats why astrologers, gurus, and murids of Imam of time were all in animal form. This ginan only indicate that there were astrologers, its not indicating that those astrologers were humans.

Yes we can't see any animal reading vedas in todays era because Humans are present today and they are ashraful makhlukaat but at that time there were only animals and they were reading those vedas.

Imam sultan mohd shah said " Earth can not survive for a moment without Imam"

So according to that farman Imam indirectly saying that Imam was present on earth from the begining of the earth. What do think there were humans on earth for about 4.3 billion yrs ago. And if you think that its totally nonsense.

According to Ginans, when earth was created, the murid of that time were JAKHS ( which means bacteria) it means Imam of the time could also be in highest form of bacteria. And Pir or prophet of the time could also be in some bacteria.
agakhani_1

Post by agakhani_1 »

Off course Shinan you are right but I have a doubt! may be I am wrong but I heard from an Ismaili Study London student that he asked Rai Abu Ali : whether Prahlad in human form? The missionary Abu Ali answered him yes!
The question remain same.
Below is one verse of one ginan
Eji pehlad ni mae( ma: means mother) tene van (jungle) ma janyo (janmayo means give a birth) :arrow: now anybody, including kbhai, Admin can thanswer me ! Why the heck, the mother of Pehlaj went in Jungle and give birth to Pehlaj in jungle? Why not in palace?
Answer is this Pehlaj mother was in form of animal and animal mother gives birth her in jungle not in palaces
the othd reason to believe that Pehlaj was not human is : his dad Harna (haran means : dear) and Harnakans was devil of that time who killed by one of avtar: Narshing avatar 'that form of our imam was in and between human (half lion and half human) why not Rama, or Krishna not killed him in human shape?? Hecause to kill aj animal imam has to take animal form! Yes,imam can take birth as animal or human beings
Admin

Post by Admin »

Without taking position, I can only say that the place where whoever took birth is not relevant to his race or origin.

For example where did Jesus take birth? Was he a horse?

I think we should not try to always adapt religion to our understanding or believe that everything is as we think. Truth is a very slippery concept unless you are divinely inspired.

Hazar Imam talks of a post-fact society where facts are distorted to fit one's belief but the truth about Pehlaj is that it is a very long time that it happened and unfortunately this is one case where everyone is right because everyone can bring forth some "fact" to justify his position.
shivaathervedi

Post by shivaathervedi »

NAV DWAAR

There are Nava Dwaar of this physical body - 2 eyes for seeing, 2 ears for hearing, 2 nostrils for smelling, 1 mouth for eating, 1 anus, and 1 procreation

Nava Grah (Planets)
There are nine planets in Indian astrology :-
(1) Soorya (The Sun) (2) Chandra (The Moon) (3) Mangal (Mars) (4) Budh (Mercury)
(5) Guru (Brihaspati, or Jupiter) (6) Shukra Venus) (7) Shani (Saturn) (8) Raahu (9) Ketu

Sun lives in forehead
Moon lives just one finger below the Sun, in Bindu Chakra
Mars lives in eyes
Mercury lives in heart
Jupiter lives in navel in Manipoorak Chakra
Venus lives in semen
Saturn lives in navel
Rahu lives in mouth
Ketu lives in from heart to neck

Nava Nidhi
Nidhi means treasure, they are said to be 9 of them ( Nava Nidhi), but for Vaishnav, the real "Nidhi" is "Sannidhi" of God, which ultimately grants us "Shree Nidhi".

Navadhaa Bhakti
Nine types of Bhakti have been told by Shree Raam, Shree Krishn and Prahlaad.

Nine Idols
The nine idols which Vaishnav people worship are of: (among which the first four are the different forms of Shree Krishn only) : (1) Vaasudev, (2) Sankarshan, (3) Pradyumn, (4) Aniruddh, (5) Naaraayan, (6) Hayagreev, (7) Varaah, (8) Narasinh, and (9) Brahmaa.

Nine Qualities
(1) Sham - Calmness. Hindu scriptures put a great stress on Sham which brings the internal peace. It brings the reward of happiness and gives the person the ability to face difficulties and unpleasant events in life to conquer and to think of the meaning of the life.
(2) Dam - Self-control. (See also " Yam")
(3) Tap - Penance
(4) Shauch - Cleanliness, Purification
(5) Kshamaa - Forgiveness
(6) Saraltaa - Simplicity
(7) Gyaan - Knowledge
(8) Vigyaan - Elemental knowledge (see "Five Elements" up)
(9) Aastikataa - Belief in Bhagvaan (God).

Nine Ras
There are several meanings of Ras:-
(1) To feel
(2) Juice, essence, sap, taste
(3) Sentiments in poetry. There are nine Ras in Hindi poetry literature - nine types of feelings (some say they are eleven). They are like this:-
(i) Shringaar Ras - sexual love, of two types: Sanyog and Viyog, meaning meeting and separation
(ii) Veer Ras - heroic (normally found in war poetry or songs)
(iii) Veebhats Ras - disgust
(iv) Raudra Ras - anger
(v) Haasya Ras - comic and humor
(vi) Bhayaanak Ras - fright
(vii) Karun Ras - pity
(viii) Adbhut Ras - wonder
(ix) Shaant Ras - peace
(x) Vaatsalya Ras - parental love
(xi) Bhakti Ras - devotional (normally found in devotional songs)

Nine Ratn (Gems)
There are nine Gems (Nava Ratn), - which are useful to wear in various Planets' periods. These nine Gems (Nava Ratn), govern the nine Planets (Nava Grah given above, traditionally accepted in Hindu astrology. These are --
Ruby (Laal) governing Sun,
Pearl (Motee) governing Moon,
Coral (Moongaa) governing Mars,
Emerald (Pannaa) governing Mercury,
Pukharaaj (Yellow Sapphire) governing Jupiter,
Diamond (Heeraa) governing Venus,
Blue Sapphire (Neelam) governing Saturn,
Hessonite governing Rahu and
Cat's Eye governing Ketu.

Nine Ratn (of Akbar's Court)
There were nine Gems (Nava Ratn) in Emperor Akbar the Great's court. Akbar ruled India from 1560 to 1605. Their names were:
(1) Birbal - the very witty Minister and personal advisor of Akbar. He has lots of his stories on his credit for everybody to laugh at and learning
(2) Taansen - the renowned musician of India. He used to light fire and bring rains through his singing
(3) Raajaa Todarmal - his financial wizard,
(4) Raajaa Maan Singh - mighty general, famous for his chivalry,
(5) Abul Fazal - a great historian
(6) Faizi - brother of Abul Fazal, a great poet
(7) Daswant - a great painter
(8) Abdu us-Samad - a brilliant calligrapher and designer of Imperial coins
(9) Mir Fareh-ullah Shirazi - financier, philosopher, physician and astronomer

Nine Ratn (of Vikramaaditya's Court)
There were nine Gems (Nav Ratn) in Vikramaaditya's court also.
(1) Dhanvantari - enlightened the world upon the subjects of medicines and incantations.
(2) Kshapanak - treated the primary elements.
(3) Amar Sinh - compiled a Sanskrit dictionary and a philosophical treatise.
(4) Shanku - compose comments, and Khatkarpar - a poetical work
(5) Kaali Daas - a very good Sanskrit poet - he wrote Shakuntalaa, Meghdoot, Raghuvansh, Vikram and Urvashee etc
(6) Vetaal Bhatt - a Braahman who is attributed to a Neeti booklet of 16 stanzas - Neeti Pradeep (Lamp of Conduct)
(7) Vararuchi - introduced improvements in grammar, commented upon incantations and wrote a poem in praise of King Maadhav.
(8) Varaahmihir - an astrologer - he predicted the death of the son of Vikramaaditya, produced works on astrology and Arithmetic.
Only 8 names are available

Nine Main Incarnations of Vishnu
(1) Matsya Avataar (The Fish Incarnation),
(2) Koorm Avataar (The Tortoise Incarnation),
(3) Varaah Avataar (The Boar Incarnation)
(4) Narasinh Avataar (The Man with Lion Head Incarnation),
(5) Vaaman Avataar (The Dwarf Incarnation, Vaaman means 52 so this Avataar was only a 52 finger-width tall child),
(6) Parashuraam Avataar (The Raam with Axe Incarnation),
(7) Raam Avataar (The Raam Incarnation in Soorya Vansh)
(8) Krishn Avataar (The Krishn Incarnation in Chandra Vansh)
(9) Buddha Avataar (The Gautam Buddha Incarnation)
(10) Kalki Avataar - Yet to come, but some believe he is already here.

(2) Nine Dweep
According to Pauraanik cosmography, the entire cosmos is divided into seven concentric island (Sapt Dweep Vasumati), among them Jamboo Dweep forms the innermost concentric island which consists of 9 khand, they are :-
(1) Ilaavrit Khand, (2) Bhadraashwa Khand, (3) Harivarsh Khand, (4) Ketumaal Khand, (5) Ramyak Khand, (6)) Hiranya Khand, (7) Uttaragur Khand, (8) Kimpurush Khand, and (9) Bharat Khand