Confused Ismaili / Muslim

Current issues, news and ethics
Haysal

Confused Ismaili / Muslim

Post by Haysal »

In the month of holy Ramadan every Muslim fasts except the Ismailis ...on asking the missionaries/ jamati leaders they say Hazar Imam said we should only fast in thoughts and action and not in food. Fasting is Batuni and not zahiri. But if I want to I can fast along with control in action and thoughts... - right? additional sawab...

Now when I fast the so many ismailis laugh at me saying Hazar Imam has forgiven us our fasts.The few Ismailis that do fast ....then they break their fast at 6 pm and not at sunset as prescribed in the Holy Quran. They say Hazar Imam has said this (when and which farman???)

On our website (theismaili.org) it says -The fast of Ramadan is among the pillars of the faith: “O believers, fasting has been prescribed for you as it was for those who preceded you that you may be God-fearing” (Qur'an 2:183).

In fact the website is even teaching us how to eat healthy during Ramadan sehri and Iftar

http://www.theismaili.org/cms/1245/Eati ... of-Ramadan

exactly opposite of what is being followed by us as we do not fast. But since our website ( i am sure this website is under HazarImam's guidance) validates fasting should we not be fasting?

I am confused as we do opposite of what Quran says and also opp of what it says on our Imam's website.
agakhani_1

Post by agakhani_1 »

You should not have to confuse because none of our imam never ever told us that Ismailis should not keep roza.period.
Ask that missionaries and those leaders who says that our imam prohibited us to keep roza! Ask them the day, date and year where such kind farmans were made?
I bet you they will be remain quiet because there is no such kind farman has found yet.
Now keep fasting or no is totally up to you, if you can keep it then silently keep it if not then please don't keep it.
I met 6 Muslims today in one place be honest with you only one person had kept roza :roll: five peoples who considers theirshelves as Muslims didn't kept roza.
And off course 4 were Sunnies and 2 were Shias.
My freind turned no religion persone once he was strict Sunny has not kept and he was........ :oops:
Acording him nobody should have keep roza untill they can not clean their inner cleanings! Strang ! Didn't it?
well our Imams also tell us to clean our inner cleanings (batuni).
Admin

Post by Admin »

The date of the Farman is 8 August 1164

There is a thread on Fasting and please do not open multiple thread on the same subject.