IVF/EGGDONATION

Current issues, news and ethics
ferry

IVF/EGGDONATION

Post by ferry »

Does anyone on this forum know about adoption possibilities and/or egg donor programs either in the US or canada?I am particularly interested in trying to find an egg donorinfertility is a large problem and there appears to be very few egg donors that are indian leave alone are ismailies.
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

As per my knowledge it is hard to find any Ismailis as an egg donors because we are still not accepted that method yet, we are still hesitate to accept it because it is still new for our community and they will prefer to adopt child rather then going egg donors process which is hard to find and also cost lots of money.
TheeAloneWeWorship

Post by TheeAloneWeWorship »

Agakhani -

When you say"we have not accepted that method" do you mean Ismailis in general, because I dont think you should speak on behalf of all Ismailis. A woman donating her eggs is a private matter so would probsbly be a reason you havrn't come across it too publicly. I would think that a woman would be more inclined or wiilling to donate an egg for a friend or family member, rather than a stranger on the internet.

Regardless, I dont think Ismailis as a faith are against this method.
The price would not be an issue to the donor or a reason not to donate as usually those who are the recipients cover the costs.
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

It may be or may be not against to Ismaili sect,who knows? I think only Imam knows but being a Ismaili since almost half century, be honest with you I, never heard this kind donation froam an Ismaili lady donated her eggs to a third party. I may be wrong and I will be wrong in future since times is changing rapidly except few sects like Sunnies and others ????? but as long as I am concern and being a active khidmatgar in various Ismaili Institutions in past and present, I have not heard any things about female egg donation. period not even in advance country in USA.
FYI: I keep contact with Ismailis from India, Pakistan, Canada, UK, New zealand and my country USA.

Good Luck, brother if you find some one please let us know or at lest let me know so, I can inform interesting individuals through various Ismaili institutions.