Funeral ceremony and reasons

Past or Present customs and their evolution
Azimnkarima@gmail.com

Funeral ceremony and reasons

Post by Azimnkarima@gmail.com »

Yam,

I need to understand why we can have a funeral in jamatkhana when a person has committed suicide which is against our religion and not when they donate their body to science. The body would have been available for all the rituals except that we were not to embomb the body and instead of it going to a cemetery to be buried it would go to the medical science building. We are asked for time and knowledge and by donating the body to science would be one form of seva of knowledge for the future generation to learn about diseases, cancer and much more.
Can any one find me where it says you must be buried in order to get a funeral in jamatkhana. Also, from what I know Zarat is prayers for the soul and should not be connected to whether the funeral takes place in jamatkhana or privately so how can that be denied again for the same reason donating the body to science. Mukhi did perform the chanta at the funeral home so was aware that a funeral had taken place.
Hope somebody has some direction for me as ITREB could not answer this and denied us these rights because my mom's last wish was to donate her body to science.
Please help me get ITREB on board with today's times as many in the new generation are doing exactly what my mom did.