Franšais  |  Mission  |  About us  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact  |  What's new  |  FAQ  |  Search  | 

Welcome to The Heritage Web Site

-->
MY HERITAGE
New Heritage
Main Page
New Account
Set as Homepage
My Account
Logout
GOLDEN JUBILEE
Statistics
DIDARS
COMMUNICATE
Forums
Guestbook
Members List
Recommend Us
NEWS
Timelines
Ismaili History
Today in History
LEARN
Library
Youth's Corner
Ginans
FAIR
Gallery
Photo Album
Others

www.ismaili.net :: View topic - Symbolism
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   
Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

Symbolism

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ismaili.net Forum Index -> Art, Architecture, Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mica

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:02 am    Post subject: Symbolism Reply with quote

Can anyone clarify for me what the numbers 786, 110, 313, represent? Where did those numbers originate, and why those numbers? I think 786 means Ya Ali Madad, and 110 something close to that, and 313 is the number of true momins in this world. Why 313? Why not any number more than/less than that? Are there any other numbers that have significance? Also the tasbhi has 33 paras or 99. Does anyone know why those numbers?
View users profile Send private message
kmaherali

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:58 pm    Post subject: Symbolism Reply with quote

The number 99 refers to the 99 names of Allah. 33 I believe is just 1/3 of 99 and is a marker for a convenient number instead of the entire 99 times. Some small tasbihs have 33 beads to reflect that and then subdivided into 3 11s. That is my understanding. I could be wrong. On the number 313, there has been an extensive discussion at Doctrines -> 330 momins? You may want to go there.
View users profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ismaili.net Forum Index -> Art, Architecture, Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: