Franšais  |  Mission  |  About us  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact  |  What's new  |  FAQ  |  Search  | 

Welcome to The Heritage Web Site

-->
MY HERITAGE
New Heritage
Main Page
New Account
Set as Homepage
My Account
Logout
GOLDEN JUBILEE
Statistics
DIDARS
COMMUNICATE
Forums
Guestbook
Members List
Recommend Us
NEWS
Timelines
Ismaili History
Today in History
LEARN
Library
Youth's Corner
Ginans
FAIR
Gallery
Photo Album
Others

www.ismaili.net :: View topic - Hijab
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   
Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

Hijab

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ismaili.net Forum Index -> Customs and Traditions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ohifwinterends

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Hijab Reply with quote

I am just wondering, if a person converts to Ismaili Islam from another sect of Islam, would it be required of them to give up wearing the hijab?
View users profile Send private message
agakhani

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question! I don't think you have to give up Hijab if you join in Ismaili sect you can wear hijab if you like to wear it, there is no restriction not to wear hijab in j.k. but wearing hijab in j.k or other majlis it may be put you some kind embracement situation, when you see every one wearing sarees, salwar, kurtas, or Indo-Pak traditional dresses and you the only one wearing Hijab. If you think this kind embracement will not bother you then you are welcome to wear hijab.
I personally do not oppose to wear Hijab after all it has been in practice for a long time, but I haven't seen anyone who came in jk wearing hijab yet.
View users profile Send private message Send email
Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the reason women have wearing Hijab is to go unnoticed and not to attract unwanted attention.

Now if you put hijab where nobody puts hijab, you will attract attention and get noticed. Would that not be in contradiction to what you want to achieve putting a hijab in the first place icon_wink.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
agakhani

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Would that not be in contradiction to what you want to achieve putting a hijab in the first place

This is same like my thoughts but you explained it beautifully in short and in very simple language but in different way.
View users profile Send private message Send email
kmaherali

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin wrote:
One of the reason women have wearing Hijab is to go unnoticed and not to attract unwanted attention.

Now if you put hijab where nobody puts hijab, you will attract attention and get noticed. Would that not be in contradiction to what you want to achieve putting a hijab in the first place icon_wink.gif
I think you are confusing hijab (head covering) with niqab (full body covering). Hijab would not draw much attention as many women cover their heads with saris and pachheris, niqab on the other hand would atract attention.

Last edited by kmaherali on Wed May 09, 2012 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rarely see Hijab in Canadian street. People turn to look at woman in Hijab as a rare thing...

But in Muslim countries nobody notice them. This is what I meant.

At the Vatican, Christian nuns are covering their head... Hijab would be more appropriate there. and easier to blend icon_wink.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
mazharshah

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allah's Noor is also in Hijab and Niqab.

AGAR NIQAB E RUKH USS NE ULLAT DI
TOU KOI IDHAR GIRA KOI UDHAR GIRA
Mazhar Shah

In His spiritual Darbar;

HIZARHA RAQS BISMIL BUUD
SHUBB JAI KE MON BUDAM
Amir Khusraw
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ismaili.net Forum Index -> Customs and Traditions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: