Miracles of Syed Imam Shah

Share small ismaili stories
star_munir

Miracles of Syed Imam Shah

Post by star_munir »

In this section, members can post anecdotes related to Syed Imam Shah, mentioned in Ginans, history and legends.

Meeting with Sultan Begada:

There is popular tradition that once a molvi had argument with Syed Imam Shah on recitation of namaz. Molvi was astonished to see that minaret of the local mosque bend in respect to Syed Imam Shah. This suggested superiority of inner prayers to outward forms. Sultan Mehmood Begada when heard about it, he called Syed Imam Shah in his court. For testing the piousness of Syed Imam Shah, he served him cat’s meat to eat. However, on Syed Imam Shah’s call, the cat jumped out alive and ran away. Sultan was ashamed of him mistake and later Syed Imam Shah forgave him. Syed Imam Shah in his later life settled in a village called as Giramtha, which later on became famous with the name of Pirana. [/b]
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Call River Ganga for Hindu pilgrimages.

The most and attractive miracle Syed Imam Shah performed to Hindu pilgrimages they were going to take bath in river Ganga, according Hindu beliefs if some one takes bath in river Ganga their all sins wiped out and he/she reaches in "Swarg" and achieves Moksha (salvation),therefore Hindus are still going in Banaras/Kashi and takes bath in water of Ganaga.
Syed Imam Shah told them where are you going? the leader of that group answered him that they are going Banaras to take bath in river Ganga, so that our all sins wiped out and we receive Moksha, Syed Imam Shah asked them what if I call river Ganga here ( in Girmatha, the name of the village, where Syed Imam shah called Ganga river) instead of you travel all the way Banaras, the pilgrimages requested him if you can call Ganga here then it would be lot better for us, it will save our time and money.
Syed Imam Shah called River Ganaga over there in Girmatha village, close to Pirana, all pilgrimages took bath in the river Ganga and they felled that they were really in Banarash/Kashi, they also cashed there "Hundi" ( a currency like bearer check,/ Cashier check or Demand Draft) and gave Bhojan (food) to the Brahmins ( a holy men in Hindu religion)but after all they did they realized that was a miracle and this miracles performed by this Muslim saint Syed Imam Shah, so they urged him to accept them in Pir's sect. Pir took them in Islam and thus many peoples from Patel, Brahmins and other sects joined in Islam at that time and same place, they called as "Momna" at that time but now a days they are recognized as ImamShahi , after all pilgrimages took bath the river Ganga disappeared. I want to make one clarification here, the other "Momanas" who are still residing near Sidhpur areas were first converted by Pir Satgur Noor and latter on Pir Tajddin and Pir KassimShah rejuvenated, reorganized and regrouped them and settled 250 families near Sidhpur and Methan, Metrana and other 22 villages and other 250 families settled in Kathiawar, now a days they are living many countries specially Pakistan, India, USA, Canada and many more. It is possible that in these pilgrimages group some Momins mentioned above might be joined in that pilgrimages group peoples who were going "yatra" of a holy place name Banaras/Kashi because Pirana, Mehsana, Ahmedabad, Patan and Sidhpur are very closer towns as per one researcher.
My own research is very similar to this but it has more proofs, which I already posted in the history of "Momna Jamat' in this website, interesting readers must have to read that.
Last edited by agakhani on Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Thanks for sharing this interesting anecdote.
Here is another one:

Spiritual journey to heaven and hell:

Syed Imam Shah once made request to Imam and said that he was Imam’s most obedient servant. Thousands of his wishes have been fulfilled by Imam. Now he most humbly requests him to make him visit paradise and hell. Although, it is not possible for a living person to visit heaven and hell, however, Syed Imam Shah's wish was fulfilled and he got opportunity to visit and see heaven and hell. Chandan Veer was sent along with him as his companion, who was angel Gabriel . He visited hell and paradise. He even met Pir Sadardin and Pir Hassan Kabirdin in heaven. Syed Imam Shah has narrated his visits of heaven and hell in granth Janat Puree. According to Brief history of Ismailism by missionary Abualy, Pir Haider Ali helped to fulfill the desire of Syed Imam Shah to have vision of heaven and hell.
agakhani

Half money is for today's work and half money is ??????

Post by agakhani »

Here is another miracles of syed Imam Shah.

Syed Imam shah had started the construct of his own "Dargah" in Pirana. He always paid to the workers same day after they finished their work of that day, he used to pay wages to every workers taking money underneath " GAADI" ( sit), which he used to sit on it. One day one worker showed it and thought that there must be lots of money underneath that Gaadi,(sit), so one night he came alone and digged underneath that sit, thinking that he take all the money at a once, he thought that Syed Imam shah must be hidden money underneath his sit, he dug underneath the sits but he couldn't find any monery from that ditch, so he burried the ditch and went back as nothing happened and thinking that nobody knew what he did.
Next day he worked as usual acting just nothing happened but when he came to take his earning/wages for that day, Syed Imam Shah gave him double money for his work, he told Syed Imam Shah that the money was too much for his one day work, Syed Imam Shah replied him that the money he was giving is right, he just confused, so Syed Imam Shah explained him that half money is for your todays's work and half money is for the work you did last night digging underneath my sit!!.
after hearing this that worker cried out loudly and appolizied for his shameful work, Syed Imam Shah told him that I am a fakir "Darvesh" and whatever money I am giving you is a blessing of my "Mowla",it is a blessing from Hazarat Ali (s.a.), it is a 'Gaiby' help from my Mowla but you should not have been tried to steal that money, it is a like poison and if you test it you will died.
After that advise that Koli (worker) impressed too much toward Syed Imam shah and his preaching, he gave promiss to Syed Imam Shah not steal any thing in his all life also he joined in " Satpanth" shiratal Mustkim religion and accepted Syed Imam Shah as his "Murshid" Guru.