Tattoo

Discussion on doctrinal issues
samirziz

Tattoo

Post by samirziz »

I was thinking of getting an Allah tattoo on my arm... Any thoughts? what does our faith say about having them?

Thanks
skaswani

Post by skaswani »

Kalb bul Momin Bait Allah

Momain Heart is GOD's Home!

if u want to write his name, write it on ur heart with Moula's Noor, not by any Pen or Marker! ( i dont know what people use for Tatoos)

plus, i think some Tattos are apply with Pins its not allowed bec its not good for health.

hey, btw, gr8 sufies like mansoor al haaj never had tatoo , but he had love to Allah in his heart! & same as other gr8 sufies

chooice is urs!

regards,
zubair_mahamood

Re: Tattoo

Post by zubair_mahamood »

samirziz wrote:I was thinking of getting an Allah tattoo on my arm... Any thoughts? what does our faith say about having them?

Thanks
Ya Ali Madad,

Yes choice is Ur’s. I don’t know what our faith say but at present time Islam and its concept are being misunderstood and I think Muslims are responsible to an extent as we give room for such misunderstanding.

Tattoos or massages on dress are in fashion, fashion generally goes with night clubs, alcohol etc… When you talk about Allah tattoo on arm it will be fashion (when you go to school you set a trend) may be your intend differs but soon it will b in market it will not only b on arm but also on other parts of body. I have already seen OM (symbol of Hindus), cross and Ali been used as tattoos. I think you should avoid the idea of having tattoo on your arm. Have Allah in your heart and don’t allow anyone in.

Shah Je Dedaar
Zubair
pakifellah

Post by pakifellah »

<P>Ya ali madad:<BR><BR>getting a tattoo is a different story but getting a tattoo with the name of ALLAH or any other <BR>relegious word like ALI OR MOHAMMED OR ANY QURANIC AYATS etc. is prohibited,<BR>this came from consulting some learned muslims. I personally consulted them long time ago o&shy;n this<BR>subject.&nbsp; The reason/s that were given were many but the o&shy;nly o&shy;ne that impressed me was:<BR><BR>The names of Allah or any relegious nature should be guarded and kept pure and clean and should not be taken to places of UNHOLY&nbsp; nature,&nbsp; specially the toilet. same goes with pendants and jewellary. <BR><BR>I hope this will help but do your due diligence o&shy;n this matter.<BR><BR>regards.</P>
ShamsB

Post by ShamsB »

pakifellah wrote:<P>Ya ali madad:<BR><BR>getting a tattoo is a different story but getting a tattoo with the name of ALLAH or any other <BR>relegious word like ALI OR MOHAMMED OR ANY QURANIC AYATS etc. is prohibited,<BR>this came from consulting some learned muslims. I personally consulted them long time ago o&shy;n this<BR>subject.&nbsp; The reason/s that were given were many but the o&shy;nly o&shy;ne that impressed me was:<BR><BR>The names of Allah or any relegious nature should be guarded and kept pure and clean and should not be taken to places of UNHOLY&nbsp; nature,&nbsp; specially the toilet. same goes with pendants and jewellary. <BR><BR>I hope this will help but do your due diligence o&shy;n this matter.<BR><BR>regards.</P>
You mean to say Allah doesn't exist in unholy places?

What you're describing is a very physical veiw of the faith. As a Momin, we are to carry Allah and the love for the Imam everywhere we go in our hearts...and our hearts go everywhere with us..the bathroom, outside..clubs...the awareness of his presence within me..makes me more conscious of each and every action.

What was it Mukesh sang for Raj Kapoor...
"Zahid Sharab peene de Masjid me Beht kar..ya woh jaga bata jahan par khuda na ho".

Whilst i don't endorse either activity (Drinking or Tattoos) this illustrates the point i am trying to make.

Shams

Shams
SalmanLakhani

Post by SalmanLakhani »

Wo jagah jahan khuda na ho is "heart of Kafir"
unnalhaq

Re: Tattoo

Post by unnalhaq »

samirziz wrote:I was thinking of getting an Allah tattoo on my arm... Any thoughts? what does our faith say about having them?
I during my past travels, I did come across quiet a few elderly JK women who had tattoos on their arms (these were some sort of green round dots but it did not make any shape that I was able to recognize) and through a translator I was able to ask a few questions.
I found out that these women were born in early 1920s and were form Kuch. The body art was tattoos but done obviously with out tattoo guns but rather more primitive way. And it was the reason was it was fashionable. It may have also to do with self inflicting pain and the tattoo artist were mostly found are some sort of pir's fair. Although it has been The present Imam's guidance that we must attend JK instead of attending the Fairs held in pir's name.
I have also seen another fashion style four round points (also in green die) in a form of diamond between the brows mostly in North-northwestern Pakistan along Afghan boarder.

The bottom line it is your choice.
faisall667

Post by faisall667 »

I don't think it is bad to get a tattoo. If it is bad then, the ear piercing that women in our culture have is wrong too. I personally don't see why tattoos are bad. Also, as far as fashion goes, it does not necessarily have to be linked with clubbing or alcohol. Fashion is to make oneself look or feel better. The tattoo can make a person feel "cool" and help his or her self confidence, which MAY help him or her accomplish their goals.

Faisal
zubair_mahamood

Post by zubair_mahamood »

faisall667 wrote:I don't think it is bad to get a tattoo. If it is bad then, the ear piercing that women in our culture have is wrong too. I personally don't see why tattoos are bad. Also, as far as fashion goes, it does not necessarily have to be linked with clubbing or alcohol. Fashion is to make oneself look or feel better. The tattoo can make a person feel "cool" and help his or her self confidence, which MAY help him or her accomplish their goals.

Faisal
What do mean for self confidence u can have Allah marked on your body. What kind of self confidence you get, have Allah in your heart that's the best selfconfidence one can have...... Tattoo are cool but Ali or Allah as Tattoo may be a bad idea....
fr

Post by fr »

I personally dont think there is anything wrong with getting a tattoo, although i do feel that you dont NEED to have it somewhere displayed where everyone can see. Also, I do not think that that tattoo's are affiliated with alcohol and clubbin, nor do i feel that they are for "fashion" purposes= for those who seem to think so. There are tattoos that people get that have great meaning.

I have read though somewhere that tattooing is "bad" but i feel like its what ever you personally believe in. I think its fine. Good luck.
Admin

Post by Admin »

I would say, do not do anything that you may regret having done one day and could not reverse...
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Your body is a temple of God, it is gifted to you for little while, you don't own it, it is same like; you don't own a house but your neighbor own house and you want to make some changes because you think it will look better!!
Do you think your neighbor will allowed it??
From_Alamut

Post by From_Alamut »

"Being respected is better then being beautiful...."
change786

You can have tattos

Post by change786 »

There is nothing of solid in islam against tattos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxD6GNcKY5g
Miracle: Verses of Quran on a Russian Baby
This baby is born some where in russia. Every friday or thursday verses of the quran appear on his skin .
If having tattos is bad then what about this poor boy.
From_Alamut

Re: You can have tattos

Post by From_Alamut »

Check these beautiful Islamic Zoomorphic Calligraphy
https://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=zo ... 22&bih=776