MHI visit/Padramni Singapore in end of Mar or Apr

Dates, testimonies, articles, descriptions
Important_Information

MHI visit/Padramni Singapore in end of Mar or Apr

Post by Important_Information »

Mubaraki to the world Jamat.
MHI will be visiting Singapore in the month of March/April and this will be the Padramni/Didar visit.

It is my request to the Jamat please wait for announcement in JK for proper Date

The confirmation announcement will be in JK’s very soon.

Please remember that any information about Padramni must be confirmed by LIF/Council, until then; Don’t consider as confirm.

I believe world Jamat must be aware of Padramni dates of MHI.

YAM
Kasim Ali
Last edited by Important_Information on Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaferxxx

Singapore Visit

Post by Jaferxxx »

I understand the dates are March 31st and April 1st specific for Far East Jamat, does anyone know if and what date is the general Deedar?
Admin

Post by Admin »

31st March and 1st April would be Singapore but I don't know if there is general didar, perhaps not.

After that there may be Malaysia. If anyone from the region has the info, he should post here. Thanks
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Mawlana Hazar Imam commences his Far East visit in Malaysia

http://www.theismaili.org/cms/1346/

Mawlana Hazar Imam departs the VIP lounge at Kuala Lumpur International Airport accompanied by officials from the Malaysian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Photo: AKDN / Alex Moi Chee HoleAlso see related photo gallery.

Kuala Lumpur, 29 March 2012 — Mawlana Hazar Imam arrived in Malaysia today for the start of his visit to the Far East. In the country’s capital, Kuala Lumpur, he will officially inaugurate the exhibition titled Treasures of the Aga Khan Museum: Architecture in Islamic Arts at the Islamic Arts Museum Malaysia.

The travelling exhibition of objects and art from the Aga Khan Museum collections has been shown in a number of major cities in in Spain, Portugal, France, the United Kingdom, Turkey, Germany and Russia. It will be on display at the Islamic Arts Museum Malaysia from 30 March to 29 June 2012, marking the first time that the collection will be displayed in Southeast Asia.

Upon his arrival in Malaysia, Mawlana Hazar Imam is greeted by Rai Inayat Bana, President of the Ismaili Council for the Far East. Photo: AKDN / Alex Moi Chee HoleThe exhibition features 100 selected masterpieces, including miniatures and oil on canvas paintings depicting magnificent structures; decorative media, such as tiles and woodwork, which formed the visual ambience of the interior of architectural units; as well as objects of art that were constructed for use within these edifices.

Following his visit to Kuala Lumpur, Mawlana Hazar Imam will proceed to Singapore, where, amongst other engagements, he will meet with the Far East Jamat.
imranramji2011

Post by imranramji2011 »

Admin wrote:31st March and 1st April would be Singapore but I don't know if there is general didar, perhaps not.

After that there may be Malaysia. If anyone from the region has the info, he should post here. Thanks
mmh is this the didars date. if so was any one in attendance we would love to hear an anecdote.
Admin

Post by Admin »

imranramji2011

Post by imranramji2011 »

thanks for the update but pls update at what happened at didar and mehmani and various various other activities.
Admin

Post by Admin »

Didar testimony as received

Rec'd April 1, 2010

Too amazing for words.  there were only 400 of us in the didar hall.  it was the size of my zurich appartment. 

Take all the walls down and thats how big it was.  Hazar Imam was only 20 feet from the door to the stage. 

I was in the first line but there was no such thing as a bad seat.  .  .  .  the jamat was only about 10 rows deep.  He was so happy.  ginan went well.  .  everyone said it was like we were in Hazar Imam's living room. 

New thing is taking out of a special giriazari tasbih now in front of Hazar Imam.  .  .  it started in Nairobi and we were the second Jamat where it was done.  

So hall opened at 8am (I was there earlier for rehearsal), and Hazar Imam arrived just before 11.  the jamati mukhis of todays memani (Singapore, HK, Japan, etc) offered memani for their respective jamats (Malaysia and other countries had their memani yesterday). 

After our memani, Hazar Imam went to an adjacent hall for Isme Azam.  We stayed in the memani hall until Isme Azam was completed. 

In His firman, Hazar Imam said the following:

1 .  Continued practice of our faith and that this extends also to the ethics of Islam.  We must follow the ethics of Islam.  And to remember that in today's world, when someone does something contrary to this in one part of the world, it effects the Jamat in other parts of the world.  An attention to our reputation is very very important.   

2.  constant education is a requirement in Islam.  Education not only for the sake of our professional advancement but also for assistance within our communities.   

3.  English is a global language and whilst we should know our local languages, English is a must for all.  

4.  He views the far east region as one with stability and opportunity.  we should take advantage of these opportunities with solidarity and brotherhood. 

He asked us to pass on his special blessings to our families and to our jamats. 

The far east volunteers did an amazing job pulling this off in 10 days.  Hazar Imam acknowledged this. 

My sense is also that Ismailis worldwide in general respected the directive to not travel.  Aside from a couple of exceptions of people who showed up (and were not able to get in) other non far east Jamat did not come. 

This resulted in my view in an exceptional experience for the local jamats. 

Hazar Imam is still in Singapore for another two days.  It has been 4 days of dinners, dandia and raas (continues tomorrow). 

I cannot believe the calm with which this took place.  When Allah huma started, before we knew it, Hazar Imam had walked in and sat down. 

There was no looking back towards the door by the jamats, etc.  .  .  there was so much calm and intimacy in the hall and Hazar Imam was glowing.  and he spoke with so much love. 

Thank you all for your mumbarakis and emails. 

Very much appreciated.

Hope the quick resume above describes what blessings we have received.

imranramji2011

Post by imranramji2011 »

Admin wrote:Didar testimony as received

Rec'd April 1, 2010

Too amazing for words.  there were only 400 of us in the didar hall.  it was the size of my zurich appartment. 

Take all the walls down and thats how big it was.  Hazar Imam was only 20 feet from the door to the stage. 

I was in the first line but there was no such thing as a bad seat.  .  .  .  the jamat was only about 10 rows deep.  He was so happy.  ginan went well.  .  everyone said it was like we were in Hazar Imam's living room. 

New thing is taking out of a special giriazari tasbih now in front of Hazar Imam.  .  .  it started in Nairobi and we were the second Jamat where it was done.  

So hall opened at 8am (I was there earlier for rehearsal), and Hazar Imam arrived just before 11.  the jamati mukhis of todays memani (Singapore, HK, Japan, etc) offered memani for their respective jamats (Malaysia and other countries had their memani yesterday). 

After our memani, Hazar Imam went to an adjacent hall for Isme Azam.  We stayed in the memani hall until Isme Azam was completed. 

1 .  Continued practice of our faith and that this extends also to the ethics of Islam.  We must follow the ethics of Islam.  And to remember that in today's world, when someone does something contrary to this in one part of the world, it effects the Jamat in other parts of the world.  An attention to our reputation is very very important.   

2.  constant education is a requirement in Islam.  Education not only for the sake of our professional advancement but also for assistance within our communities.   

3.  English is a global language and whilst we should know our local languages, English is a must for all.  

4.  He views the far east region as one with stability and opportunity.  we should take advantage of these opportunities with solidarity and brotherhood. 

The far east volunteers did an amazing job pulling this off in 10 days.  Hazar Imam acknowledged this. 

My sense is also that Ismailis worldwide in general respected the directive to not travel.  Aside from a couple of exceptions of people who showed up (and were not able to get in) other non far east Jamat did not come. 

Hazar Imam is still in Singapore for another two days.  It has been 4 days of dinners, dandia and raas (continues tomorrow). 

I cannot believe the calm with which this took place.  When Allah huma started, before we knew it, Hazar Imam had walked in and sat down. 

There was no looking back towards the door by the jamats, etc.  .  .  there was so much calm and intimacy in the hall and Hazar Imam was glowing.  and he spoke with so much love. 

Very much appreciated.

thank you very very much. only 400 people omg that would be amazing i am suprised with such a small number mowla didnt do personal mehmani and instead did a large mehmani. Do you know if mehdan chanta was performed and if any other ceremonies took place like individual majlas didars?
ShamsB

Post by ShamsB »

imranramji2011 wrote:
Admin wrote:Didar testimony as received

Rec'd April 1, 2010

Very much appreciated.

thank you very very much. only 400 people omg that would be amazing i am suprised with such a small number mowla didnt do personal mehmani and instead did a large mehmani. Do you know if mehdan chanta was performed and if any other ceremonies took place like individual majlas didars?
Admin - A humble request .

Why are we undressing our faith in a public forum?

Please delete this post and ask people to cnntact you privately if they want accounts of the deedar.

Sham
Indigo

Post by Indigo »

Admin wrote:

My dear brother or sister or whoever you are, misguided are your observations. The few people from non Far East also managed to get wonderful deedars of our beloved Imam. Jamats and leaders may be mean and cruel but the Imam is infinitely merciful and we all, myself included, offer humble shukrana to Him for the magnificent deedars He has bestowed upon us.

How incredibly selfish of you to write such wordings! You should be ashamed of yourself. Is this the real spirit of brotherhood and unity as preached and exemplified by our beloved Imam? Kudos to East Africa in July 2011. They held magnificent darbars for the global jamat to participate in and the Imam showed His happiness towards this by arriving for these darbars in a brand new white sherwani. He also expressed His happiness in His farmans for the number of countries represented in the darbars.

BIG LOSS FOR FAR EAST JAMATS by not sanctioning a darbar. You have disappointed a large number of your murid brothers and sisters around the world. I hope your hearts were happy sitting so comfortably in such a large hall (which could have easily accommodated thousands of people) whilst gloating that you did not allow the less than 20 people from around the world in and left them saddened outside. No wonder the Imam was so emphatic about ethics, one of the primary pillars of which is FRONTIERLESS BROTHERHOOD.

So, in conclusion, you will have to live with the fact that you went to happily offer mehmani to the Imam whilst leaving less than 20 of His children crying outside. Shame! But mashallah, the Imam being the Imam fulfilled all our wishes by making it possible for us to have His deedar. I really hope and trust that other Jamats in the upcoming months will not be as gleeful as the Far East Jamat to keep their other brothers and sisters out and at least request the Imam to hold one darbar open to all globally. Believe me, this will make the Imam very happy and He will reward you a thousand fold, blessings which the Far East Jamat could have garnered had they been a little bit considerate of the very few people who were outside. You may have earned the pleasure of our leaders but as for the Imam, I can lay down my faith in saying that He would have been happier if all had been welcomed.
Admin

Post by Admin »

[quote="ShamsB]

Please delete this post and ask people to cnntact you privately if they want accounts of the deedar.

Sham[/quote]

I don't see any "undressing" of our faith, this is a description of the Didar as Ismailis have been doing since Centuries, there is nothing private in this post. If I find anything sensitive, I will edit.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Another version as received....

Hello all ... On my way back from singapore now after a pretty special chance to be with Hazar Imam.

There were two ceremonies today .

The hall itself was abt half the size of south London jk with a small white stage and a white and gold chair for mowla bapa to sit on. You can see now why I said it was a special chance. This hall was even smaller than the one we had at golden jubilee which itself was small. The ceremonies today were attended by jamat from HK Singapore vietnam and Japan.

Think there were also a few Australians. Malaysia and Philippines had theirs yesterday. I sat in the third row directly in front of his chair, it was pretty much like having him over to your house for a cup of tea, that's how close it was. Didn't really matter where u sat the proximity to mowla bapa was closer than most people will ever have the chance to experience, So in some respects feeling a little guilty there are many much more deserving people that should have been in my place.

He arrived smiling with a small entourage wearing his trademark blue suit. His short walk from the entrance to the chair his smile was beaming and his presence was felt by all, you could feel the emotions of the Jamat in the room were overflowing.

The format was, Quran reading and translation, Ginan and then a zikar tasbih which I have never seen performed in front of him before, it is a new thing that started in east Africa during his last visit.

After all this the mehmanis from the different countries were offered to him by the mukhisahebs.

After all this he addressed the Jamat and explained it is no longer practical to accept mehmanis from each family as in the past and so he has decided to hold smaller gatherings like this and it should be as if he has placed his hand and blessed each person and their families individually.

After this he went on to highlight a few of his thoughts in a firman which he said should be shared with our families below are the key points:

* FAITH - Be sure to Go to Jk regularly

* MOBILITY - Education is important and english as a global language is extremely important.

Make sure you educate yourselves in areas that will benefit you and the community. (I guess he is referring to the fact that the world is a small place these days and to be able to freely move and work globally you need these tools)

*FAR EAST - Happy that Jamat doing well in far east and there is good opportunity here.

*ETHICS - Jamat everywhere in the world should live within the ethics of their faith. They should conduct themselves in a proper manor. Any disagreeable behaviour of any Jamat reflects poorly on the global Jamat.

Before departing he gave his special blessing to all and their families. Accepted nazrana and wished that it comes back to us a hundred times over.

After this those that were taking bol went to the room next door. Again pretty small abt two thirds of the size of the first one. We were joined by the rest of the Jamats

He made sure everyone was in there of his own accord and he cracked a couple of small jokes about why we do this kind of prayer in the morning to avoid thinking abt soccer games and how much money we made or how we are gonna win that case.

Overall HI spent about an hour in total with the Jamat today.

It was interesting to meet some of the Japanese Ismailis there are so many Japanese wives that have converted after marriage interesting to see them in saris and reciting ginans and salwats.

The husbands joke and mix hindi and Japanese together while talking. There were a few Tajik students there that had been studying or working in Malaysia . There were no attendees that didn't currently live or work in the far east.

Please do share with you families ... Mubaraki
ShamsB

Post by ShamsB »

Admin wrote:[quote="ShamsB]

Sham
I don't see any "undressing" of our faith, this is a description of the Didar as Ismailis have been doing since Centuries, there is nothing private in this post. If I find anything sensitive, I will edit.[/quote]

Admin - we're discussing Ism-e-Azam and Bol and the farmans made by the Imam in a closed gathering - we don't allow new ismaili converts to participate in BUK for atleast 3 years before they can join - and yet..here we have numerous accounts of Farmans made - maybe the policy has changed..

You have imran openly asking what was discussed in other majlis mulaqats if they happened...come on..

Shams
Admin

Post by Admin »

It only mentions that Imam gave Bol. It is a known fact that Ismailis receive Bol from the Imam, there is no secret. There is no discussion on Bol else I would be the first one to object.
salmanali786

Post by salmanali786 »

Really thankful to the guys who took time and wrote all this.
Inshallah we all will get blessed by Deedar this year. Mubarakis to all who were able to attend and see Mowla that close. LUCKY YOU!!
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »