Where is the "Meru Parvat" really located?

Discussion on doctrinal issues
MR-FORGET

Where is the "Meru Parvat" really located?

Post by MR-FORGET »

"Meru Parvat" (Meru Mountain) has been quoted many times in our ginanic literature specially in "Nakalanki Gita" with its measurement, how tall its is? how wide it is? nearby deeps and countries and much more but it is hard to locate it for me for a long time, does any one know where is Meru Parvat really located? I mean in which country? is this part of Himalayan Mountain? I think KMaherAli, Admin, Shams B, Star_ Munir or Shiraz the authors of most posts in this forum must have answer of my question or anyone else in this forum can give me answer , I will be really obligated for answer.

'Parvat' is a Gujarati word and its meaning in English is mountain, in Hindi it is called as "Parbat".
shiraz.virani

Post by shiraz.virani »

Mr-Forget, you have touched a very important topic that I was thinking about discussing.

Meru Parvat according to me = PYRAMID , Now I dont know whether this pyramid is a good sign or bad because here in USA, if you hold a $1 dollar bill you would see a pyramid

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Unite ... everse.jpg

Now majority of people living in USA thinks that this sign is the symbol of freemasons = DEVIL WORSHIPPERS or in other words , those who worship the dajjal or lucifer

In order to become a freemason you have to go through certain stages

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freemasonry

Read @ above and compare this with meru parvat , you'll find your answers :)

PS- I dont trust wikipedia but the reason why I posted this is so that you can get the idea as to what is Meru Parvat aka Pyramid and who are Free Masons...you can even google about free masons and pyramid and you would learn about some horrifying stuff.
avrozmaredia

Meru parvat

Post by avrozmaredia »

http://sushmajee.com/hindupuraan/3vishn ... jamboo.htm
This website has some info abt meru location.
Ya ali madad
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

"Meru Parvat" or Mount Meru is a part of Himalayan mountains, it is located north of India (BHARAT KHAND) but due to ice and cold it is very hard and dangerous to climb on it.
There are many stories and miracles joined with Meru parvat and also there are many controversies going on about this mountain.
shiraz.virani

Post by shiraz.virani »

I respect your views and others who'll share their thought about meru parvat but isnt it kinda funny to this that a mountain will raise by itself just because it was jealous ??
Vindhyaachal Parvat (mountain) was so jealous of Meru that he started to rise up even higher.
I mean seriously guys ....Mountain getting jealous of another mountain ???....If this was the case then all the mountains in the world would have grown so tall that they might touch the heavens :)

And then theres this story that the gods prayed to rishi to do something about it !!!......Gods praying to a mortal ???

I dont mean to offend anybody but I think this parvat is more of a symbolic kind and not physical
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Shiraz,
I also heard this weird story of Meru parvat and Vindhyachal parvat's jealousy but let me share you one more strange story related to Vindhyahal mountain, Once a rishi name "Agatsya" heard that Vindhyachal mountain is growing faster and faster and becoming taller and taller thus it creating big problems so he decided to stop it otherwise one day it may be sky high and peoples can not climb on it or pass by so he came with his wife to the Vindhyachal mountain and saw his height and humbly requested the mountain to lower it self so that he and his wife could pass. The Vindhyachal mountain was a great worshipper of saints and Rishi’s felt very humbled by and honoured by such a request from a person of Rishi Agastya’s magnitude and agreed to not only lower himself so the that the Rishi and his family could walk accross but to stay low until they returned. Rishi Agastya never returned and permanantly settled in Southern India.

But as per the scientist mountains can grows in height or get bigger, according the tectonic plate of the earth which constantly moving, second reason for this change comes due to earth quack but all this depend on the nature and earth plate movement mountain cannot grow by itself.
MR-FORGET

Post by MR-FORGET »

Thank you all for the information about Meru Parvat.
agakhani

If you don't have "Nakalnki Gita" no problem!

Post by agakhani »

Thank you all for the information about Meru Parvat
You welcome,
If you don't have "Nakalanki Gita" no problem because it is very hard to find it now a days but you can still find same information from another two sources too!!!! but you must read and understand Gujarati.
"Nakalanki Gita" of Syed Imamshah is a great source for many information, it is golden treasure for those readers who want to know more about this universe, how this whole universe was created? where is Meru Parvat located? how many oceans are? how many dwips are? e.t.c. and no doubt that this granth is loaded with these kind information; but unfortunately it is not available any more but don't worry there is a good news for those readers, you can still find same information in some Jain and Hindu literature and these information almost match with "Nakalanki Gita". if you are interested to read please e-mail me at agakhani underscore 78660 at yahoo dot com.
Note:- I do not compare words to words these information given in Jain and Hindu literature and tally with "Nakalanki gita but I briefly compared these information, it look like these information are almost same with few differences and few disparities. I still recommend to read "Nakalnki gita" if you can still find it but if you can't then use above two sources as last a resort.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

"As our psycho-physical organism is a microcosmic replica of the universe, Meru is represented by the spinal cord in our nervous system; and just as the various centers (chakra, in Sanskrit) of consciousness are supported by and connected with the spinal cord (meru-danda), from which they branch out like many-petalled lotus- blossoms, in the same way Mount Meru forms the axis of the various planes of supramundane worlds." (Lama Anagarika Govinda)

Mount Meru was considered as the center of the world where heaven and earth met in vedic/mythical times.
shiraz.virani

Post by shiraz.virani »

Mount Meru was considered as the center of the world where heaven and earth met in vedic/mythical times.
Center of the world ?... I think we call meru by a different name today and that is Kaaba that sits right in the center of the world :)
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

As I wrote above that there are many controversies going on regarding Meru Parvat, even Hindu and Jain scholars can not tell that where is really Meru Parvat located?
*As per Nakalanki Gita and some Jain and Hindu literature it is located north side of India and most probably I think it is located some where in the chain of Himalaya mountains.
*Some say it is located in China and Tibet border.
*some say "Kailash" is the Meru parvat.
*Some say it is in middle of the earth!! as you describe here
*Some say it is not exist any more!
*Brother Shiraz says Pyramids are the "Meru Parvat"
so there are many controversies about Meru Parvat.

Thanks for the explanation about Meru Dand, chakra, this ruhani side, it is also true.
I heard and read that we have everything whatever we see outside are in our own body too!! first it little surprise me but I after study I think it is true we have, rivers (water), air (vayu), fire (agani) mountains in our body.
Can you give your opinion about this?
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

shiraz.virani wrote:
Center of the world ?... I think we call meru by a different name today and that is Kaaba that sits right in the center of the world :)
I think there can be many centers depending from what standpoint one is looking from. The key is the notion of a point of axis where the heaven meets the earth. Different cultures and traditions have mentioned different points. All are valid so long as they symbolize the axis. In our tradition JK can also serve as a center for the particular Jamat.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

agakhani wrote: I heard and read that we have everything whatever we see outside are in our own body too!! first it little surprise me but I after study I think it is true we have, rivers (water), air (vayu), fire (agani) mountains in our body.
Can you give your opinion about this?
In Ginan Abdhu Man Jite Man Ichha Fal Upaje Peer Hassan Kabirdeen says:

bdhu ghattmaa(n)he navkha(n)d peerodhamee, ane ghattmaa(n)he hay kevalaasaa;
ghattmaa(n)he saat samuddhra kaa vaasaa, gur beenaa jaay peeyaasaa abdhu.........................20

kevalaas - one of the peaks of the Himalayas

O slave! in the heart is the expanse of the earth with nine continents, and in the heart is one of the peaks of the Himalays(the entire creation encompassing the horizontal and vertical limits is in the heart). The heart is the place of the seven seas(of mercy), but without the Guide one goes thirsty(the Guide opens the doors to the seven oceans(heavens)).

In Ginan Sakhi Mahapad Pir Sadardeen says:

sakhee tee-aa(n) pee(n)dd tannee khabar ke saghallee visaree re
jyaare suratee chaddee bhrahama(n)dd ke futtee nisaree re.........9

O beloved one, (in this state), all the discomforts of the body get
forgotten when the mind breaks through the ordinary consciousness
and reaches the state of "Brahma" (Supra-consciousness or Hakikati State).

sakhee arasparas naa kott joyaa neesaree re
evaa sapt dip nav khand ke joyaa parakhee re.....................10

O beloved ones, (In this state), I have observed having gone to that state,
marble forts and palaces. I have also seen and verified for myself,
the seven islands and the nine continents (the entire world) in the experience.
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

The latest information I found about the Meru Parvat's location is Iran!, it is also called 'SUMERU" and it had connection with 'SUMERIAN CULTURE',
thus there are many controversies going on regarding 'Meru Parvat" and few are as follows;-

*Some say it is located in China and Tibet border.
*some say "Kailash" is the Meru parvat.
*Some say it is in middle of the earth!!
*Some say its not exist any more!
*some say Pyramids are the "Meru Parvat"
*Some say and most probably the right answer is it is located in Iran.
*Some say it is a just allegory and it represent 'SPINAL CORD"i of human body.
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

There are many legends about Mt Meru. However, according to my understanding, Meru Mountain is in cosmic ocean. It may be in center of cosmic ocean and not in the centre of earth. The description of this mountain particularly comes in the story of second avtar of Vishnu.
Here I am sharing extract from Noor en Allah Noor by Shamsudin Haji missionary. The book is available in this website and you can access to the book online if you wish so.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the KARTA YUGA, LORD VISHNU incarnated as 'KORABHA AVTAR.' The Devil MADHUKITAK had SIXTY SIX CRORE followers residing around Mount Meru who were opponents of DHARMA (religion). The momins prayed to LORD VISHNU for help and LORD VISHNU planned to destroy MADHUKITAK.
In the AVTAR of 'KORABHA,' LORD VISHNU induced MADHUKITAK into exploring of the ocean for 14 RATNAS (precious items). MADHUKITAK agreed to the suggestion. The Mount Meru was lifted, moved, and held up by powers of 'KORABHA' in the centre of the ocean to facilitate churning and discovering of the 14 items. The 14 items that were obtained are as follows:

1. LAKHSHMI (Fortune)
2. KAUTUMBH MANI (Precious Stone - by the touch of the stone metal would turn into gold)
3. KALPA VRAKSHA (anything desired under the shelter of this tree was obtained)
4. THE MOON (A Model of-)
5. WINE
6. NECTAR (for gaining perpetual life, AMRIT)
7. SHANKH (a clarion)
8. Arrow
9. DHANVANTRI (Herbs and Medicines)
10. KAMDHENU (the cow of paradise)
11. POISON
12. ELEPHANT (Elephant of paradise having many tusks)
13. RAMBHA (a Fairy)
14. A HORSE (with seven faces)

The above was the story as you will find it in mythology. However, Meru mountain as well as the things mentioned above can be interpreted in different ways. It can signify different meanings and interpreted esoterically like you would have read in some earlier posts.
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

In the KARTA YUGA, LORD VISHNU incarnated as 'KORABHA AVTAR.' The Devil MADHUKITAK had SIXTY SIX CRORE followers residing around Mount Meru who were opponents of DHARMA (religion).

Indeed it is great information written by Al waez shamsuddin thanks for refering but after reading one question arise in my mind please read the above quote one more time, as per quote there were 66 karore followers of the Devil Madhukitak, did these followers were in Human shape or they were insects or birds? because as per my understanding human being was not evolved yet i.e. during KORABH AVTAR, your explanation of my question will be appreciate.
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

As per my understanding they were not in human form.
Imam has explained about Macch avtar in following words
“When there was nothing but fish on earth, God stood as Witness and you must have no doubt to that kind of witness from above.”(Mission Conference, Dar-es-Salaam, 1945)"
I am sharing a link of article of AbuAly missionary. I think it will be helpful to answer your question (see especially the heading of evolution):
http://www.ismaili.net/granths/ginanhist.html
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Code: Select all

It took that ape 432,000 years to evolve to the first man with intelligence. He was actually the ADAM known as ABUL BASHR.
Interesting!

As per above quote, the Adam known as 'ABUL BASHR' was evolved on this earth, he was not came from the heaven, very interesting!! now tell me who was that 'ADAM" whoes story we find in Quran and Bible (old testaments) that he disobeyed the order of Allahtala and and Allah through him out from heaven?
Did this Adam was different than Adam Abul Bashr mentioned above?
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

There are many interpretations for it. Its up to you, what you believe about it. There had been a long discussion on it in the past under the thread of "How many Adam". I think if you go through it, you will get different views. Here is the link

http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... topic&t=40

There is one article on "An Ismaili interpretation of fall of Adam". Given below is the link:
http://www.ismaili.net/Source/0836.html
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Thanks for the links, very confusing links but very interesting, nobody agree on one facts, you are right many controversial stories regarding Adam,some one say something the other one say some thing differently but it is ok and that is purpose of this forum every one can put their inputs.
What I found in that links are:-
*The Adam who thrown out from heaven and known as 'ADAM SAFIULLAH' and that Adam who evolved on this earth also known as 'Abul Bashr' were both different Adams.
* There were many Adams born on this earth.
* The first amoeba born on this earth was also Adam.
* The meaning of Adam is born from mud and water.
* Adami ( Human) called after Adam.