Jamati Discipline

Discussion on R&R from all regions
avrozmaredia

Jamati Discipline

Post by avrozmaredia »

Ya Ali Madad,<BR>My dear Respected Spiritual Borhters and Sisiter,<BR>Today, i have a question regarding Jamati Discipline.<BR>Let me explain, many times our kiryas and religious ceremonies like Mijalis and 3 Mubarak days take long period of time to finsih them all. I have notice that many Jamati members don't like to sit in jk for that long time. Also, in many jamatkhana many kriyas are rushed so time consumed can be short. <BR>The purpose of this posting is tht nowadays our Jamati Discpline is affected by Material world.<BR>When i come to jk i forget duniya and just submit myself to din. I mean there should not be matter of time in Jk because you barely give like 1hour in your kriyas and rest day to get involve in duniya.
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Avroz,
Sorry, I can't understand what you are actually trying to tell in your post brother? do you want that JK ceremonies should be make even shorter then it is right now or make it little longer then it is right now because as per your post many jamati members like to sit longer in jk?
That is right in many JKS in USA all religious ceremonies are rushed to save few minutes and I agree with you it should be not rushed rather then doing that leaders needs to cut down unnecessary announcement in JK.
When i come to jk i forget duniya and just submit myself to din.
Great practice Avroz, I wish that I and other Ismailis also can do like you in JK
avrozmaredia

Post by avrozmaredia »

I mean that there should be no matter of time when we are in jamatkhana.
If, any jamati member dont like to sit that long he/she can leave.
As mentioned in Bapa Sultan Muhammad Shah Farman that One can take horse to river, but cannot force him to drink water.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

avrozmaredia wrote: If, any jamati member dont like to sit that long he/she can leave.
I think to increase attendance is also important and therefore we should optimize the time based on the needs of everybody. If you make the ceremonies to lengthy, then you risk people not attending JK which is something not desired by our Imam.

Of course those who want to stay in JK longer may do so through private prayers and reading Farmans available from Mukhi/Kamadias, ginans and qasidas.
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

As mentioned in Bapa Sultan Muhammad Shah Farman that One can take horse to river, but cannot force him to drink water.
Thanks for the clarification, in my opinion there are two types of jamati members in each and every Jamat Khanas (not only in USA or Canada),as long as JK's times are concern, one type members always like to perform all the religious ceremony in very short periods of time, so that they can go home or work early, the other type jamati members wants to stay in JK as long as possible, these peoples are usually retired and old jamati members, they don't have to do anything else. But to make them both happy is very tough tasks for Jamati leaders.
1, Cut down the unnecessary announcements in JK, rather than making announcement in JK post the announcement in outside notice board.
2, Jamati members should do dua, mehamani, maanat, mushkil asan, Ruhani e.t.c. all in just one time when they go to Mukhi/Kamdia shaeb, I notice that many times lots of members take dua ahish for every time for above things, and it takes almost 2-3 minutes, they don't care about the line behind them thus JK ceremony closing time become longer and longer.
3, For Senior citizens who wants to spend more time in JK or in religious activities, should start a religious club or gethering place in their own town ( I have seen this kind gatering before but I don't know it is still exist or not) where they can discuss about our religion, can listen waezs, can read religious books, and you know these all activities also count as a Ibadat.**
Of course those who want to stay in JK longer may do so through private prayers and reading Farmans available from Mukhi/Kamadias, ginans and qasidas.
That is good suggestion, I will add one more here, you can go JK any times because Allah's noor always there, no matter what time you go, I have seen many peoples park their car outside of JK's parking lot and recites tasbihats over there during the day time too, when Jk reamined closed (I show one member 2.30 p.m.), Allahtalla's noor is always there, so if you have little time to spare then you can go JK any time, thinking Allah's noor is always there no matter JK is open or closed.

**Note:- You must need to take permission from your local/National councils and Mukhi/Kamadia Saheban of your respective JK, also this gathering place should be remain closed during JK regular prayer times.