( ALAF NIRAALE KHAALAK RAAJAA) Questions

Discussion on ginan meanings, history etc..
faisall667

( ALAF NIRAALE KHAALAK RAAJAA) Questions

Post by faisall667 »

ejee aadam khalifaa aage nameeyaa naahi
so takubaree keeyaa naadaan jee
But he (Azaazil) did not prostrate before Hazarat Adam,
the vicegerant of the Lord and so the stupid one became proud.

I know that Azaazil was the devil, but what does Azaazil mean and why was he given that name?

ejee ruhjjee dhee sag pee(n)dd paayaa
sohoy rahyaa hayraan jee
The soul of Yazzid got into the body of a dog,
and therefore he is in trouble at present.

Who was Yazzid--is it the devil?

ejee koddo kaaf geeradhe paannee
so kaayamat ta(n)i hayraan
He (the dog, Yazzid) stays on the kokesus mountains
which is surrounded by water. Yet he will be suffering
till the day of judgement for want of water.

Where/What are the kokesus mountains?

Faisal
kmaherali

Azazil, Yazid - Mentioned in Ginan

Post by kmaherali »

“I know that Azaazil was the devil, but what does Azaazil mean and why was he given that name?”

The name Azaazil is not explicitly mentioned in the Ginan. I have implied him in the translation as he has been mentioned explicitly in the Ginan “Allah ek kassam massabuka”. In the Persian Ismaili literature he is mentioned as Iblis. I am not sure what Azaazil means perhaps someone can help?

”Who was Yazzid--is it the devil?"

Yazid was the son of Muavviya. He was the Khalif who killed Imam Husein. Again he is not explicitly mentioned in the Ginan but according to tradition Yazid’s soul incarnated in a dog. I think if I am not mistaken, it is stated in a Farman made by Imam Sultan Muhammad Shah.

”Where/What are the kokesus mountains?”

I have not investigated the literal validity of this statement. However it has an allegorical importance. It tells us that anyone who inflicts suffering upon an elevated soul will face dire consequences. Mowlana Rumi alludes to this in the following poem. Here he is referring to someone who harmed Mansoor Al Hallaj.

Hallaj said what he said and went to the Origin
through the hole in the scaffold.

I cut a cap’s worth of cloth from his robe,
and it swamped over me from head to foot.

Years ago, I broke a bunch of roses
from the top of his wall. A thorn from that
is still in my palm, working deeper.

From Hallaj, I learned to hunt lions,
But I became something hungrier than a lion.

I was a frisky colt. He broke me
with a quiet hand on the side of my head.

A person comes to him naked. It’s cold.
There’s a fur coat floating in the river.

“Jump in and get it,” he says.
You dive in. You reach for the coat.
It reaches for you.

It’s a live bear that has fallen in upstream,
drifting with the current.

“How long does it take!” Hallaj yells from the bank.
“Don’t wait,” you answer. “This coat has decided
to wear me home!”

A little part of a story, a hint.
Do you need long sermons on Hallaj!
kmaherali

Yazid According to Haji Alwaez

Post by kmaherali »

The following is an excerpt on Yazid by Alwaez Shamshuddin Bandali Haji in his book "Noor en Allah Noor".

"In the battle of Kerbala for instance, Hazarat Imam Husein established HIS HUJJAT (TRUE RECONITION) to Shimar. Still Shimar raised his sword against Imam Shah Husein. Also Mowlana Shah Husein several times endeavoured to save Yazid from Catastrophe but he did not pay heed. At the time of Yazid's death, when a grave was dug, snakes appeared from out of the ground stopping burial. This happened at ten different places. Eventually the body was left in the jungle

Eji Ruh Yazidah sag pind paya
so qiyamat tak hayranji (From another Ginan)

Yazid's soul was reduced to animal life - the disgraceful life of a dog. That is not all, each time, the dog dies of thirst, and it is born. Again the same fate is met - till Qiyamat."
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

If yazid has taken incarnation in form of a dog than where he is and is that any particular sign of that dog ?
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

star_munir wrote:If yazid has taken incarnation in form of a dog than where he is and is that any particular sign of that dog ?
I have not heard of any evidence of it. But the Pir alludes to it as residing in a mountainous region. I have accepted his word. I would like to hear more about it. I thought there was also a Farman in this regard.

Nevertheless it has an allegorical value as pointing to severe retribution for causing harm to an elevated soul.