In Celebration of His Highness the Aga Khan’s Visit to East Africa

http://simerg.com/2011/07/05/preparing- ... plication/
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

As received...

Mubarakhi to you all.

On 5 Jul 2011

SHUKHRANLILAH ALHAMDULILAH
DARKHANA, ZAMBIA AND ZIMBABWE JAMAT MEMANI WAS TODAY AT UPANGA JAMAT KHANA.

ABOUT 1000 MURIDS WERE THERE, HAZAR IMAM ARRIVED AT 10PM WELCOMED WITH SALWAT. HE WAS IN A VERY HAPPY MOOD.
HE SHOWERED BLESSING TO ALL PRESENT, THEIR FAMILIES AND PRAYED FOR ETERNAL PEACE FOR ALL SOULS.. HE ACCEPTED ALL MEMANIS IN GROUP AND HE SAID HE PUTS HIS HAND ON EVERY MURIDS SHOULDER.

HE EMPHASISED TO YOUNG ONES TO WORK HARD AT THEIR EDUCATIONHE SAID WORK HARD AND PLAY. HE IS ALWAYS PRESENT WITH US . REMEMBER THAT.HE GAVE BLESSINGS FOR GOOD HEALTH, HAPPINESS , FULFILMENT OF ALL OUR WISHES ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VOULTEERS HAD WORKED VERY VERY HARD AND IT WAS INDEED A VERY VERY WELL ORGANISED ARRANGEMENTS. SHIKHRANLILAH ALHAMDULILAH
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Mawlana Hazar Imam attends dinner with Tanzanian Jamati leaders

http://www.theismaili.org/cms/1226/Mawl ... ti-leaders

Dar es Salaam, 7 July 2011 — On the eve of his departure from Tanzania, Mawlana Hazar Imam attended a dinner with the leadership of the Tanzanian Jamat.

During the evening, President Aitmadi Jehangir Bhaloo presented Mawlana Hazar Imam with a gift of a calligraphic panel from Qajar Persia dated AH 1275 on behalf of the assembled leadership.

In his address to the gathering, Mawlana Hazar Imam commented on how happy he was to be in Tanzania. “Inshallah in the months ahead, the years ahead, I will be able to visit the Jamat more often than I have in the past,” added Hazar Imam to rapturous applause.

On his final day in Tanzania, Mawlana Hazar Imam is expected to meet with the entire Tanzanian Jamat before concluding the first leg of his East African tour.

Also see:
» Gallery: Mawlana Hazar Imam attends a dinner with Tanzanian institutional leaders
» Mawlana Hazar Imam arrives in Tanzania
» Gallery: Mawlana Hazar Imam’s Jamati visit to Tanzania
» Gallery: Tanzania Jamat prepares for Mawlana Hazar Imam’s visit
Admin

Post by Admin »

Tanzania visit has ended today and Imam left for Arusha.

Mowlana Hazar Imam gave extensive guidance to the Jamat in various field:

1) Murids from 29 countries attended Didar and he was happy about it.
2) Religious Ceremonies were long overdue and this was just the beginning of a series of such visit
3) he was busy with the Asian Jamats up to now.
4) Our Tariqah is about Faith and Knowledge
5) Devote your life in the search of knowledge
6) Imam knows about our struggles and our success.
7) Blessings for Ruhani and many blessings for the Jamat and take those blessings to your family and Jamat.
8 ) Imam talked of Early Childhood Education (3-6 year) when the child acquire most habits and knowledge base.
9) Health Care, go for regular check ups. New universities will cater for global diseases such as heart, cancer etc...
10) Keep balance between Din and Dunya
11) Not all Time and Knowledge offered during G.J. has been used but he knows about all those who have offered it. They may be called in the future.
12) Young professionals are in excellent fields and will be able to assist our institutions with their skills.
13) Recession is not yet finished, this is not yet the time to spend, be prudent.

If you were there, please share the mood, the celebration, the decoration, the number of people and everything for the future generations.
Last edited by Admin on Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Admin wrote:Tanzania visit has ended today and Imam left for Arusha.
Arusha is in Tanzania! I suppose Tanzania Jamati visit ended...
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

SHORT ESSENTIAL READINGS V
In Celebration of His Highness the Aga Khan’s Visit to East Africa and Imamat Day, 11th July 2011

http://simerg.com/2011/07/08/mawlana-ha ... salvation/

'Mere Mowla Ki Shaan' ...Tribute to our East African Jamat....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOmIVcpUGyg
Admin

Post by Admin »

Mowlana Hazar Imam was welcomed at the Movenpick Hotel in Dar es salam on 7th July at 8:45pm by Vazir Janmohamad.

Photo at the Podium:

http://www.theismaili.org/cms/1226/Mawl ... ti-leaders
Admin

Post by Admin »

Hazar Imam's plane at Dar es Salam airport in Tanzania during the visit of 4-8 July 2011

kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Mawlana Hazar Imam arrives in Uganda
Mawlana Hazar Imam is greeted by President Yoweri Museveni at the President’s official residence in Entebbe. Photo: Kalibbala Kato Jacob

Kampala, 12 July 2011 — Mawlana Hazar Imam arrived in Uganda this morning, commencing a Jamati visit during which he will also review projects of the Aga Khan Development Network. He was received at Entebbe International Airport by Hon. Simon D’Ujanga, Uganda’s Minister of State for Energy, as well as institutional representatives and leaders of the Uganda Jamat.

Mawlana Hazar Imam then paid a courtesy visit to His Excellency President Yoweri Museveni at the State House, the President’s official residence in Entebbe.

During the two-day visit, Mawlana Hazar Imam will meet with the Uganda Jamat, who have been busy making preparations and celebrating with traditional festivities. Hazar Imam will also inspect the construction of the Bujagali Hydroelectric power dam and meet with government leaders.

The trip marks the second leg in Mawlana Hazar Imam’s three-country tour of East Africa, which also includes Tanzania and Kenya.
Also see:
» Gallery: Mawlana Hazar Imam’s Jamati visit to Uganda

TheIsmaili.org will continue to provide updates on Mawlana Hazar Imam’s East Africa visit in the coming days.

http://www.theismaili.org/cms/1229/Mawl ... -in-Uganda

President receives The Aga Khan
Tuesday, 12th July, 2011

President Museveni (right) chatting with The Aga Khan at State House Entebbe yesterday

By Vision Reporter

PRESIDENT Yoweri Museveni has held talks with The Aga Khan, Prince Karim al-Hussaini, the spiritual leader of the Ismaili Muslims.

This was during a meeting at State House, Entebbe yesterday.

The Aga Khan, who is on a two-day private visit to Uganda, is the founder and chairman of The Aga Khan Development Network.

He is in the country to review projects undertaken by the Aga Khan Development Network.

During his stay, The Aga Khan will meet members of the Ismaili community and inspect the construction works of the Bujagali hydro-electric power dam.

The dam, in its final phase of construction, is slated to be operational by the end of this year.

The project is a public-private partnership between The Aga Khan Fund for Economic Development, Sithe Global and the Government. It aims at producing over 40% of the country�s total electric power demand.

http://www.newvision.co.ug/D/8/13/760101

Museveni, Aga Khan meet at State House
Share Bookmark Print Email Rating
By Monitor Reporter (email the author)

Posted Wednesday, July 13 2011 at 00:00

Kampala

President Museveni last evening held a meeting with His Highness the Aga Khan who paid a courtesy call on him at State House, Entebbe. The Aga Khan, who is on a two-day private visit to Uganda, is the spiritual leader of the Ismailia Muslims, founder and Chairman of the Aga Khan Development Network.

Inspections
He is in the country to review projects undertaken by the Aga Khan Development Network. During his stay, the Aga Khan will meet members of the Ismalia community who are expected to gather in Kampala after inspecting the construction works of the Bujagali hydro-electric power dam in Eastern Uganda.

The power project is proceeding in its final phase and slated to be operational by the end of this year. Bujagali power dam is a public-private partnership project between the Aga Khan Fund for Economic Development, Sithe Global and the government of Uganda that aims to produce over 40 per cent of the total current electric power demand in Uganda.

The power project is, on completion, expected to address acute electricity shortages and reliability issues and allow the government of Uganda take some of the expensive thermal generation stations out of operation.

The Aga Khan, who is currently on a tour of the East African region, was in Tanzania last week and expected to travel to Kenya at the end of his visit to Uganda

http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/ ... byjv6hz/-/
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

SHORT ESSENTIAL READINGS VI

http://simerg.com/2011/07/12/preparing- ... adings-vi/

NAIROBI DEEDAR PROGRAM

http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/21238908/9 ... 5B1%5D.pdf
ladhanishams

ROOM AVAILABLE IN NAIROBI FROM 19 JULY 2011

Post by ladhanishams »

YA ALI MADAD TO ALL ISMAILIE BROTHER AND SISTER IMAMAT DAY MUBARAK

ROOMS AVAILABLE IN PRIDE INN 3STAR PLUS HOTEL IN NAIROBI WEST LAND AREA

FURTHER DETAIL PLZ CONTACT LADHANISHAMS@YAHOO.COM SHAMS LADHANI 00923333422565
Admin

Post by Admin »

AS RECEIVED

Day 3 of my visit to Kampala for Hazar Imam's Holy Visit to East Africa - July 13th 2011

I didn’t get much sleep last night, I think I was way too excited, and it also didn’t help that the Gaddafi mosque right across our hotel has the call to prayer at 5:30am, which scared the crap out of me the first night at the hotel! It would have been fine if they said it nicely, but it just sounded like someone yelling on a bad microphone. Oh well, guess I had to be up early today anyways!

We were a bit late in arriving to the Jamatkhana that morning because one of children got really sick last night, but it ended up working in our favour as we ended up getting a better spot to sit! Hazar Imam was to arrive at 10:10am, and we arrived at 8:30am. Non resident Jamat had to line up in a separate line and we did have to wait quite a bit before we could go inside. At that time, the prayer hall was already very packed and the volunteers were trying to squeeze every single person inside so that nobody would have to sit downstairs. I thought this was very nice (as I was half expecting to sit downstairs) even though it took a really long time to get everyone seated. There were no screens this time, no video camera of Hazar Imam’s car entering the compound (as I am so used to seeing in Canada). This was a much more intimate deedar as the Jamat was a lot smaller.

When Hazar Imam arrived, he remained downstairs first to conduct the Bol promotion ceremony. It was starting to get very hot and uncomfortable! Even though I had only been sitting for an hour. By this time we were so tightly packed together. When Hazar Imam completed the ceremony, he went in to his lounge and we started saying our salwaat louder.

When he arrived, he entered from the front and walked around the entire hall once. I felt like I was so close to him at all times thanks to the small venue. I was able to see him very clearly. And he wasn’t wearing his traditional robe and hat this time that I am so used to seeing him in. He was wearing a long white suit (I forget what it’s called) and he definitely looked like he was glowing.

His firman to the Jamat was very specific to Uganda. He gave a lot of guidance and addressed many issues. First he said how his visits haven’t been as often because there are other areas of the world that require most of his attention, like Afghanistan and Tajikistan. He mentioned how far Uganda had come from what happend in 1972, to now in 2011. Then he talked about education, and how he places a great emphasis on it. And that our education should be up to global standards, and not just mediocre. He has plans to put in place numerous more academies that provide good quality education. Education was not enough, it had to be of good quality. He also talked about health, and the increasing prevalence of heart disease and how it can be prevented from an earlier age if we are regular with checking our health. He said twice not to engage in bad social habits that could be damaging to our health and economic progression.

One of the last things he said, after he finished his firman actually and he came up a second time, was that he remembers in 1957 when he was still a university student, reading western newspapers and how they wrote about India and China being basketcases because they were so overly populated and no one ever thought they would become anywhere close to developed. But now, these “basketcases” have become some of the most productive and powerful nations in the world. And that Uganda too can recover from the tragedy of 1972 like these countries did. He said that incidences such as the one that happened with Idi Amin in Uganda do occur, and yes they are sad and difficult, but that the Ugandan Jamat can overcome them, so long as they work together.

He said he was very, very happy today, and this will be one visit in particular that will always be remembered.

Just before he left he said, “I will walk around the hall. I am supposed to go out but I am going to walk around the hall again.” And the Jamat started clapping! (Even though I don't think we are supposed to) It was very clear on Hazar Imam’s face that he was indeed extremely happy to be there.

By the time everything was over, I was actually HUNGRY! I hadn’t felt hunger pains for days! Finally I had my appetite back, and I enjoyed my biryani like I’d never eaten biryani before. And because after 3 days of delicious food, it was back to the matoke and beans, and back to reality.

I hope you enjoyed the updates, and yes, I definitely thought of all of you as I sat there in the prayer hall in Kampala, Uganda in the presence of our beloved Hazar Imam.
Admin

Post by Admin »

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/Aga+Khan+a ... index.html

Daily Nation, Kenya
Thursday July 14, 2011

Aga Khan arrives for regional visit

Photo/VPPS Vice President Kalonzo Musyoka with His Highness the Aga Khan when he welcomed him at Nairobi's Jomo Kenyatta International Airport on July 13, 2011.

By (VPPS)
Posted Wednesday, July 13 2011 at 22:01

The Aga Khan, the spiritual leader of the Ismaili community, arrived in the country on Wednesday evening for a private visit.

The Aga Khan, who is also the founder of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), was welcomed at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport by Vice-President Kalonzo Musyoka and senior government officials.

Others at the airport were AKDN Kenya resident representative Aziz Bhaloo, Aga Khan Council for Kenya president Zul Abdul and the council’s vice-president, Anwar Hajee.

During his visit, the Aga Khan will preside over the opening of the Aga Khan University Hospital’s state-of the-art Heart and Cancer Centre.

The unit, built at a cost of $50 million, is one of the best cancer and heart treatment centres in the region and comparable to any in developed countries.

He will also preside over the ground-breaking ceremony of the Aga Khan University Graduate School of Media.

The Aga Khan will later visit members of the Ismaili community in Mombasa.
jdessa15

Post by jdessa15 »

Thanks for the post. I love hearing of Imam's guidance a murid's experiences, keep them coming!
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Mawlana Hazar Imam completes Uganda visit

http://www.theismaili.org/cms/1232/

On Tuesday evening, Mawlana Hazar Imam joined the Jamati and institutional leaders of Uganda for a dinner held at the Kampala Serena Hotel. Photo: Zahid Wissanji

Kampala, 13 July 2011 — Mawlana Hazar Imam’s two-day visit to Uganda drew to a close today, after he met with the Jamat and toured the Bujagali Hydroelectric power dam project.

On Tuesday evening, Mawlana Hazar Imam attended a dinner with the Jamati and institutional leaders of Uganda held at the Kampala Serena Hotel. During the evening, President Huzur Mukhi Mohamed Lalani presented Hazar Imam a gift of an incense burner cover from Khorasan shaped in the form of a horse head, on behalf of those gathered.

This morning Mawlana Hazar Imam met with the Uganda Jamat at Kampala Jamatkhana, before travelling to inspect the construction of the Bujagali Hydroelectric power dam as it proceeds into its final phase.

Situated near Jinja, the Bujagali Dam is a public-private partnership project between the Aga Khan Fund for Economic Development, Sithe Global and the Government of Uganda. It aims to produce over 40 per cent of the total current power demand in Uganda, addressing acute electricity shortages and reliability issues. The power plant and dam are expected to be operational by the end of the year.

In the evening, Mawlana Hazar Imam departed Uganda for Kenya, the last country in his tour of East African Jamati visits.
Also see:
» Gallery: Mawlana Hazar Imam’s Jamati visit to Uganda
» Gallery: Jamat in Uganda celebrates Mawlana Hazar Imam’s visit
» Mawlana Hazar Imam arrives in Uganda

TheIsmaili.org will continue to provide updates on Mawlana Hazar Imam’s East Africa visit in the coming days

Mawlana Hazar Imam arrives in Kenya

http://www.theismaili.org/cms/1233/

Mawlana Hazar Imam is welcomed in Nairobi by His Excellency Hon. Kalonzo Musyoka, Vice President of the Republic of Kenya. Photo: Ejaz Karmali

Nairobi, 13 July 2011 — Mawlana Hazar Imam arrived in Kenya this evening, commencing the final leg of his three-country Jamati tour of East Africa. Touching down at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, Hazar Imam was received by His Excellency Hon. Kalonzo Musyoka, Vice President of the Republic of Kenya, as well as Jamati and AKDN institutional leaders.

Mawlana Hazar Imam is in Kenya to meet with the Jamat, after having visited with Jamats in Tanzania and Uganda. While in Nairobi, Hazar Imam will also preside over the opening of the Aga Khan University Hospital’s Heart and Cancer Unit, and the groundbreaking of the Aga Khan University Graduate School of Media. Later, the Imam will also visit the Aga Khan Academy in Mombasa.
Also see:
» Gallery: Mawlana Hazar Imam’s Jamati visit to Kenya

TheIsmaili.org will continue to provide updates on Mawlana Hazar Imam’s East Africa visit in the coming days.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Video: Mawlana Hazar Imam at the Tanzania Jamati Institutional Dinner

http://www.theismaili.org/cms/1235/Vide ... hip-dinner

Mawlana Hazar Imam joined the leadership of the Tanzanian Jamat for a dinner on 7 July 2011 in Dar es Salaam. Marking the special occasion, Ismaili youth performed dances representing cultures from different parts of the world and President Aitmadi Jehangir Bhaloo presented a gift to the Imam on behalf of those in attendance.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

SHORT ESSENTIAL READINGS VII
ASPECTS OF THE ‘DIDAR’

http://simerg.com/2011/07/16/preparing- ... rue-faith/
Admin

Post by Admin »

Mowlana Hazar Imam left Nairobi yesterday. he will be a couple of days with his family in one of the lodges up to 20th July when he will be returning at Mombasa for more ceremonies.

Kampala Jamatkhana decorated in line with the auspicious happiness of the Jamat on the visit of the Imam on 12th and 13th July 2011 in Uganda.

Celebrations on 16th July 2011 at Parklands Jamatkhana at the end of the first part of the visit of Mowlana Hazar Imam in Kenya.

kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Mawlana Hazar Imam attends Kenyan Jamati Institutional Dinner
Mawlana Hazar Imam addresses those gathered for the Kenya Jamati Institutional Dinner. Photo: Courtesy of the Ismaili Council for Kenya

http://www.theismaili.org/cms/1236/

Nairobi, 16 July 2011 — Mawlana Hazar Imam joined Jamati and institutional leaders at a dinner held in Nairobi this evening.

“I want to tell you how happy I am at the occasion of my renewal of my visits to my Jamat,” said Mawlana Hazar Imam during his dinner remarks. “I have had such a wonderful time in East Africa, in Tanzania, in Uganda and here in Kenya. And when I look at you and I remember all the work that you have done with me over the years, I have expressed my deepest gratitude and my deepest admiration.”

Aitmadi Zul Abdul, President of the Ismaili Council for Kenya presented a gift of a Qajar manuscript of Nasir Khusraw’s Diwan to Mawlana Hazar Imam on behalf of those in attendance. Nasir Khusraw is considered one of the foremost poets of the Persian language and a major Ismaili thinker and writer. The Persian manuscript dates from AH 1257 (1841 CE).

The evening’s entertainment began with a performance by students from the Aga Khan Academy, Nairobi, who presented a vocal piece created by the Canadian Ismaili Muslim Youth Choir. The interfaith chant invoked the spirit of pluralism, drawing on spiritual sounds from Muslim, Christian, Vedic and Jewish traditions.Another feature of the evening was a performance of two songs by well-known Ismaili Bollywood music artists Salim and Sulaiman Merchant.

Mawlana Hazar Imam is currently in Kenya to meet with the Jamat, after having visited with Jamats in Tanzania and Uganda. While in Nairobi, Hazar Imam will also preside over the opening of the Aga Khan University Hospital’s Heart and Cancer Unit, and the groundbreaking of the Aga Khan University Graduate School of Media and Communications.
Also see:
» Mawlana Hazar Imam arrives in Kenya

kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Video: Mawlana Hazar Imam at the Uganda Jamati Institutional Dinner

http://www.theismaili.org/cms/1237/Vide ... nal-Dinner

On Tuesday, 12 July 2011, Mawlana Hazar Imam attended a dinner with the Jamati and institutional leaders of Uganda held at the Kampala Serena Hotel. During the evening, President Huzur Mukhi Mohamed Lalani presented Hazar Imam a gift of an incense burner cover from Khorasan shaped in the form of a horse head, on behalf of those gathered.
Indigo

Miracle in Mombasa - 21st July 2011

Post by Indigo »

It was very disheartening indeed to see what kind of car had been provided for the Imam's visit to Mombasa as of 20th July 2011. All the windows, and the wind screens (front and behind) were fully tinted...completely tinted so that no murid, waiting on the roadside to catch a glimpse of his or her beloved Imam, would be able to do so. So completely tinted was the car that it was impossible to even know whether the Imam seated inside was looking out atthe gathered jamat by the roadside or not. 
This fact was proudly proclaimed during the security briefing by the NRM Chairman; a fact confirmed by many of those in attendance. "No one will be able to see Bapa wave at them from the car ha ha ha."
This situation had to be borne with for a full day and a half. It was refreshing to note thatthe faithful were still not deterred. They turned up in good numbers at the airport and at the Aga Khan Academy, waved at the Imam's car when it passed them and said shukar: even seeing the car in which the Imam is seated is a blessing, carrying hopes in their hearts that the Imam would have seen them from inside the car, or would at some point, show His mercy and perhaps lower down His window as He did in Tajikistan during the Golden Jubilee. This did not happen but...
Lo and behold! 
When the Imam arrived for the afternoon session on 21st July at Tudor Jamatkhana, HIS CAR HAD CLEAR WINDOWS AND WINDSCREENS (negligible tint). The ecstasy, joy and excitement of the jamat gathered outside across the road was a sight to behold. Mowla waved happily at everybody, both upon arrival and on departure and the entire gathering outside was extremely happy and thankful for this wonderful miracle.
It soon became known, through very reliable sources that Mowla Himself requested for His car to be changed as He wished His murids to be able to see Him... Mashallah, shukranlillah, alhumdulilah.

"No mountains, no valleys, no oceans, no deserts can prevent Mowla's love from reaching the jamat," so what is a tinted window?!

Leaders and those who planned this should wake up and take notice and be regretful of their shameful endeavours to stop murids from having a glimpse of their Imam, whom they love and cherish. Particularly, this was so in Nairobi on 14,15 and 16th July. We did not care nor mind that this time Nairobi Jamat had not made any arrangements of meals for the visiting jamats but it was shocking to see the elaborate arrangements that had been made to ensure that no visiting jamat could catch a glimpse of the Imam anywhere. 

How can such meanspiritedness exist in a community that is led by our most loving Imam?! The entire situation in Nairobi reminded me of Mussolini and Hitler. Hats off to Dar Es Salaam and Kampala, where the jamats were so happy and grateful at having been blessed with kamkaj after so long, they wholeheartedly welcomed visiting jamati members and openly allowed them to catch glimpses of the Imam wherever they could so long as the organisation of the ceremonies went on smoothly. Which it did. 

Kenyan leaders should beware. Open your hearts and accept the fact that the Imam loves to see His jamats. Otherwise, just as Mowla discarded the tinted car this afternoon, it will not take Him long to discard the lot of you and bring in new leaders who will understand the emotional attachment between the Imam and His jamat. And who will not begrudge ordinary jamati members from trying to catch a glimpse of the Imam in His passing car or from a distance wherever possible during the Imam's blessed visits in this region

Once again, I bow down to our lord, Shah Karim Al- husseini, for showing His immense love and affection and mercy this afternoon in Mombasa...je je mangu te tuhi deve, eva, eva, laad ladaave"
Admin

Post by Admin »

These people from RMT do not know that Imam has said that His happiness comes from the happiness of His Jamat.

Maybe they should read the Farman if they can find it in the "officially approved" Farmans

Maybe they should continue reading and see what Imam said makes him unhappy!!!!!

Admin
Indigo

Mowla lauds Catering Committee, Kampala 13/7/11

Post by Indigo »

Mukhisaheb of Kampala presented ladies of the catering committee to the Imam just before His departure from the Jamatkhana grounds. The Imam was very happy to see them and said, "I am very happy with your services; you are feeding the jamat, you are feeding the Imam."
He then gave them many blessings.

Just thought I would share this with everyone - one of the beautiful moments of the Imam's East African Visit, July 2011.
jdessa15

Post by jdessa15 »

did Imam share any new guidance for the Jamat in Kenya, or was it same things he said in Uganda and Tanzania?
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

As received:
========

Summary of Deedar - points that i recall:

I stand to be corrected in any way or form - please do elaborate on these notes and help me recall some of the things I missed

Dressed in white long khameez, white trousers and white shoes.

Walkabout and then a strong, firm almost a glide up the steps, portly in a royal way and his dignity shining benignly like an eternal sparkler with soft light rays glowing out of a human frame, I should think!

TILAWAT WAS BY FARZANA ESMAIL(SURNAME?) (ZULEIKHA'S DAUGHTER - IT WAS EXCELLENT). AYAH OF NOOR - TRANSLATION WAS PHENOMENAL - EMOTIVE AND DISTINGUISHED, THE BOTH OF THEM.

GINAN (KHUB MIJALAS) BY THREE WOMEN IN SYNCHRONY

ALL WERE MOST RESPECTFUL TO THE HUZURPURNUR AS THE MASTER OF THE AGE AND TIME SAT ON HIS SIMPLE WHITE THRONE GILT EDGED, PATIENT, SOLEMN AND WITH SUCH DEEPLY REFLECTIVE AND GRAVE ASPECTS ON HIS HOLY FACE, LISTENING THROUGH THE RENDITIONS IN SUCH SOLICITOUS AND MOVING EXPRESSIONS THAT IT WAS HEART-BURSTING.

40 countries represented - very happy to note this
best loving blessings to be taken back to all home countries
volunteers who always make it possible to make such (impromptu) visits to the jamat so smooth, fulfilling the expectations of such large gatherings without a hitch - so many blessings he sent around

furlough from visiting jamats now returning to visit them starting with 'eastern african' jamats so he expects to return
leaders have done an excellent job around the world in the way they have upheld their responsibilities - commends and thanks them, for this has underpinned/ enabled dynamic opportunity for growth
tkn - special thanks to this category who have already been deployed and expects that all those who have not yet been selected will soon be selected to have their special areas of expertise and experience put to use
soon the at the hospital (heart and cancer centre for non-communicable diseases) will be opened (it opens on 25th I believe)
jamat is very individualistic and that makes him very happy... BUT... work together and in the case of 'families or individuals' find a way to work in groups to create 'capacity' but always embed all arrangements with viable exit strategy so that no one loses out
never to forget duality of life spiritual and material
do not get hypnotised (used that word two or three times) by the material world, and fall prey to the allurements of the material life, for example being fashionable (women were smiling at that time around where I was sitting).
best loving blessings for so many things, especially for a, b (lost recall as they are probably the usual main ones baraka and success in spiritual lives, sorry) but I remember c - it was unity and the last one was mushkil asaan and then also for all the ruhani.

he walked around the triple mandap with beneficent comportment whispering barkat wala blessings and sweet khanavadhans, making eye contact here and there. The triple hall comprised of the re-decorated car park complex and two tents and he walked along a complex route which I am ashamed to say I can't even remember. How they planned his route but it was quite a walk (perhaps 200 metres coming in and 75 metres on departure) and he seemed to have covered every red carpet runner that was laid out! I can't retrace his steps (but something along the lines of the rough diagram attached). He moved softly treading the carpet with his white shoes - it was really captivating to get glimpses of him and his footfalls (I only saw his feet as he took to climb the steps of the stage. Watching the whole ceremony with the Mukhi and Kamadia then the Mukhiani and Kamadiani following most humbly taking their places as spiritual children was entrancing.

He sat with the leaders in the conference (?) room attached to the pavilion hall for must be 30 minutes, while we stood and witnessed the ginans, giriyazari and shukraan ji tasbihs.

I met two of my atheist friends there. One I had not met for v long and I was rather amazed to see him and the other said, "I feel sad because I was not able to share what the people were feeling - and was outside the..." I think he was not able to "get wet" because his reality forbade him to enter that spiritual (from his view perhaps imaginery) space.

I was totally uplifted and many many people were in tears before and after.

In one case a woman from Karmali Jafferali family who was looking for transport at Pangani last night said, "I was actually here for a wedding the last two weeks and someone told me only yesterday that Mowla is coming". In another case, one Alim Walji who is with the UN in DC just happened to be here during this time on another mission (official) and he had employed one Hanif Rahemtulla to help him with some of the technical work. He asked Hanif during the lattter minutes of their stint, "but you know the Aga Khan is meeting his followers -- by the way are you perhaps an Ismaili by any chance...?" Hanif was Ismaili. "Mawla is giving deedar (etc)". Upon discovering that Hanif was indeed Ismaili he brought him to the registration tent a couple days ago. Total coincidence.

There were probably many incidences like that.

My brother Salim arranged the flight and bus transport from MSA and I bumped into him on my little escape from the deedar hall to go get my Saida 3.5 years from the nursery. He had two suitcases just as my car (driven by Ayonga) was leaving through the exit gate. We met right there on the driveway as the car approached us. We ran after it and threw his bags in there. Coincidence? After lunch I went to the Sports Club to take Mum home and told Ayonga to meet me there. Mombasa coaches were leaving imminently and the bags were in the car. Where was Salim? Well his twins came down the stairs at the club at that moment of reflection and said their nanimaa's driver was in the club parking with the pickup. Ayonga arrived to fetch my mother and Salim showed up too. Coherence? They took their bags and loaded the pickup a few yards away and said goodbye.

food - mutton pilau, chevdo, cachumbari, mohanthaal, and special potato curry and crisps too for seniors and special needs.

wheeling in and out was really well organised for the seniors and special needs.

well that's just a small hesitant and blurred glimpse of my deedar.
Admin

Post by Admin »

I think Mowlana Hazar Imam used 2 expressions that I have never heard him use up to now:

1) Something like Spiritual Ethics

2) Something line social fashion which has to be avoided.

We'll have to find the exact words from audio ;-)
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Kibaki lauds Aga Khan efforts

PHOTO | PPS President Mwai Kibaki with the Aga Khan at his Harambee House office on Friday where the Aga Khan briefed him on the Heart and Cancer Centre to be opened at the Aga Khan University Hospital.

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/Kibaki+lau ... index.html
By NAIROBI PPS
Posted Friday, July 22 2011 at 21:00

President Kibaki on Friday commended the Aga Khan Development Network for its contribution to the country’s health and education sectors.

Speaking at his Harambee House office during a meeting with the Aga Khan, President Kibaki noted that no significant development could be achieved without adequate education and proper healthcare.

The Head of State welcomed the Aga Khan University Hospital’s move to establish an ultra-modern Heart and Cancer Centre in Nairobi.
Improving lives

The President pointed out that the heart and cancer centre would go a long way towards improving the lives of Kenyans by enabling them to access high quality healthcare services.

The Aga Khan assured President Kibaki that the heart and cancer centre would be accessible to the poor through the Aga Khan University Hospital’s Patient Welfare Programme.

He also pledged his continued support to the country’s education and health sectors.

The Aga Khan is in the country for the official opening of the US$50 million state-of-the-art Heart and Cancer Centre at the Aga Khan University Hospital in Nairobi.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Mawlana Hazar Imam meets with President Kibaki in Nairobi

http://www.theismaili.org/cms/1238/Mawl ... in-Nairobi

Mawlana Hazar Imam takes in a performance by members of the choir at the Aga Khan Academy, Mombasa. Photo: Ejaz Karmali

Nairobi, 22 July 2011 — Mawlana Hazar Imam met with His Excellency President Mwai Kibaki at Harambee House in Nairobi today. Continuing his Jamati visit to Kenya, Hazar Imam had returned to the capital after spending a few days in Mombasa where he met with the Jamat and visited the Aga Khan Academy, Mombasa.

At the Aga Khan Academy, Mawlana Hazar Imam met with the Academies Unit, Planing and Construction Management staff and architects to review plans for future development, including the addition of a nursery school and a faculty village. Children from the school choir, which had been practising during school holidays ahead of the Kenya National Music Festival taking place next week, performed two songs for Hazar Imam.

Mawlana Hazar Imam is in Kenya to meet with the Jamat after having visited with Jamats in Tanzania and Uganda. While in Nairobi, Hazar Imam will also preside over the opening of the Aga Khan University Hospital’s Heart and Cancer Unit, and the groundbreaking of the Aga Khan University Graduate School of Media and Communications.
Also see:
» Mawlana Hazar Imam attends Kenyan Jamati Institutional Dinner
» Mawlana Hazar Imam arrives in Kenya

kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Video: Mawlana Hazar Imam at the Kenya Jamati Institutional Dinner

http://www.theismaili.org/cms/1240/

Mawlana Hazar Imam joined Jamati and institutional leaders at a dinner held in Nairobi on 15 July 2011. Hazar Imam was presented with a Qajar manuscript of Nasir Khusraw’s Diwan on behalf of those in attendance. Guests were entertained by performances of students from the Aga Khan Academy, Nairobi, and well-known Ismaili Bollywood music artists Salim and Sulaiman Merchant.