Deedar Visit to East Africa Jamats July 2011

Dates, testimonies, articles, descriptions
Admin

Post by Admin »

To Kmaherali: Topic title changed and broadened.

To Indigo. Indeed. I was at Nairobi, Kampala and Dar es Salaam Golden Jubilee Darbars and I can also testify that nothing beats the welcome the Tanzanian leadership and Tanzanian Jamat accorded to Mowlana Hazar Imam and to the International Jamat and they do deserve to be the first to have Didar after the G.J.

Admin
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Thank you Admin for the change of the topic which is now appropriate for the discussion.

I think Tanzania Jamat and leadership set an example to the rest of the world about how to welcome the Imam on his GJ. I doubt very much if we would have had Ismaili Anthem at other places of arrival had it not started in Dar-es-Salaam. I was particularly impressed when the Imam told the leadership to continue to have good time and not to return home after he left the leadership banquet. Also in his Farman he told the Jamat to forget about everything and enjoy the day.

Sabbash and Mashaallah!
ismaili1

DEEDAR FOR INTERNATIONAL JAMAT

Post by ismaili1 »

ANY NEWS FOR INTERNATIONAL JAMAT DEEDAR
ShamsB

Post by ShamsB »

kmaherali wrote:
agakhani wrote: But what about the BOL? Bol can not be given to Mukhisaheb, it is between Murid and Murshid and it is totally different then mehmani.
Who has suggested or where is it mentioned that the procedure of granting the Bol has changed?

Admin,

It is my understanding that sensitive matters such as these are not to be discussed in such a public forum.

I hope that we don't forget that we are still a gupti faith and what happens in our jamatkhanas is between us and our mursheed - why bring up these matters in such a public forum? Esp something as sensitive as this.

It seems our ismaili brothers are very keen on undressing ourselves in public and giving more ammunition to the anti ismaili forces to use on YouTube to attack us - and then we question and wonder why Hazar Imam makes changes to traditions spanning generations. I am appalled that someone actually asked the question and even more appalled that immediately after the announcement in Jamat Khana in regards to the events only being for the local jamats - that someone asked a question about the international jamat registering for all the events.....do most of us ismailies still think that the hidayah and farmans of the Imam are for others and we are exempt - and by we I mean..each one of us individually?
Let's get some sense.

Admin - I request that you delete all the posts that relate to our bandagi practices.

To all others - keep in mind that our faith is batini and we practise it in secret - exoteric versus esoteric.

Shams
Admin

Post by Admin »

Any discussion about Bol will be deleted. unless in the appropriate context.

Admin
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

It is my understanding that sensitive matters such as these are not to be discussed in such a public forum.
ShamsB & Admin,
Brothers,
Yes, I would have been first person to oppose in this website if any one try to give more detail and try to put his/her bol here in this forum but just asking a question regarding'BOL" is not a big issue, not big enough that Admin has to close the entire topic.
FYI:- Brothers, it is not hidden amongst some non Ismailis that we have this kind 'BOL GIVING' practice in our faith ' you can tell it "BOL''ISHME-AZAM' 'MANTRA' , "JAAP", 'JAP", 'SHABDA', 'STROT','GURU MANTRA', 'KAN MANTRA', 'KAN FUNKVO' whatever name you give to the 'BOL' but it is not hidden amongst them and some peoples are aware about Bol giving practice.

Matter of fact this kind tradition and practice is century old, it seems that we have adopted it from other religions because 'BOL GIVING " practice was here before Islam and prophet Mohammad (S.A.), you probably know that this practice is not exist only in Ismailism right now but it still existing in other religions as well, this practice was very famous amongst HINDU RISHIS,YOGIS, MUNIS, SADHUS, SAINTS, HERMITS AND LAMAS more than thousands and thousands years ago and and do you know? it is still existing in Hindus, Shikh, Budhist, Jains till today.
So, obviously just only asking question about bol (AND NOT DISCLOSING BOL OR ITS DETAIL HERE) is nothing wrong in my opinion, WHEN HAZAR IMAM INSIST US TO COME FORWARD AND PROCLAIM US AS A TRUE MUSLIMS AND MAKE BRIDGE WITH OTHER MUSLIM BROTHERS.
Last edited by agakhani on Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

SHORT ESSENTIAL READINGS
In Celebration of His Highness the Aga Khan’s Visit to East Africa

http://simerg.com/2011/06/25/preparing- ... -readings/
positive

Re: DEEDAR FOR INTERNATIONAL JAMAT

Post by positive »

ismaili1 wrote:ANY NEWS FOR INTERNATIONAL JAMAT DEEDAR
although Mowla does not want us to travel for these deedars.... but many of us from Africa would like our children to experience these deedars and festivities in E.Africa and especially since they are on holidays.... is there any facilities available for people that would travel because it is a holiday trip as well... esp. pickups from airports and drop offs and any other accommodation information that we may need. This will be very helpful.
mun

Kampala Deedar

Post by mun »

Ya Ali

Is anybody going to Kampala or can give any info please? Thanks...
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

SHORT ESSENTIAL READINGS II

http://simerg.com/2011/06/27/preparing- ... adings-ii/
Admin

Post by Admin »

In Nairobi, the mood is of jubilation. People have started coming from all over the world. We have Jamatkhana in the Pavilion as the main JK is been prepared for ceremonies. The stage is in preparation, it is huge, I hope some of Noorani family attend the Darbar.

Al Waez Kamaluddin and his wife Alwaeza Zarina have also arrived and conducted some waez and seminars. Today was Student Mijlas and there was a short outstanding waez by a young girl in preparation for Didar.

We were shown after JK the movie of Golden Jubilee in Paris and in Kenya. There was Jamanr after JK, I have never eaten such a good chicken sag.

Volunteers are working from early morning to late night, they clean the chairs, they stitch the "sadri", they cook and they celebrate. preparations are for a very large number from the size of everything but I think that the expected number will not be there.

It was announced that registration for local jamat will end this Sunday.
jdessa15

worldwide jamat

Post by jdessa15 »

Why would Jamat from the world come if national council has said this is for local jamat only? Why would we disobey? Don' these instructions from the National Council come from the Imam? If Imam says something is for the local jamat, then shouldn't we from outside refrain from coming? I would love to hear thoughts on this.
Admin

Re: worldwide jamat

Post by Admin »

jdessa15 wrote:Why would Jamat from the world come if national council has said this is for local jamat only? Why would we disobey? Don' these instructions from the National Council come from the Imam? If Imam says something is for the local jamat, then shouldn't we from outside refrain from coming? I would love to hear thoughts on this.
Jamat come because they love the Imam more then they love the Council. They are attracted by the Light. For those who love the Imam, nothing matter except their love for the Imam. They are not going to listen to their reason, only to their heart. It is useless to tell them not to attend Didar.
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Why would Jamat from the world come if national council has said this is for local jamat only? Why would we disobey? Don' these instructions from the National Council come from the Imam?
Jamat should follows what National councils says, and what Mowlana Hazar Imam wants, we should know that MHI instruct councils whether to come for didar or not, but who care? many peoples will travel Africa for didars, are they disobeying the farman and National council? yes, they are, then why they are going? in my opinion there are too many reasons below are few:-
1, Loves towards Imam (?)
2, to meet relatives and old freinds in Africa along with the didar.
3, Jamat financial condition is very strong now a days so jamat can afford traveling and other expenses ( With grace of MHI) in comparison with old days Jamats they were poor.
4, Nice arrangements and accommodations for traveling jamat from local councils and jamats ( shuttle service, airport pickup, hotel booking, foods e.t.c.)
5, Jamati ceremonies is the main attraction of this didar because this ceremonies has not performed for a long time, like family mehamani, mahadan chhanta and BOL.
But Jamats should obey the instructions of National councils and what Hazar Imam wants.
jdessa15

Post by jdessa15 »

So we love the imam, but we are not going to listen to him? I believe we should love the imam so much that we fight our urge to go somewhere when we are requested not to. Let's show our love by listening to him.
Admin

Post by Admin »

I have not heard any Farman by the Imam not to come. this time so repeating 100 times Hazar Imam does not want to see his Murids in Didar does not mean anything.

In the past he has sent Talika to his Jamats when circumstances were such that the Jamat should not have traveled for Didar.

There are always people who interpret everything as if Imam was mean and did not appreciate signs of love from his Jamat. They just have no clue on how much the Imam loves his Jamat.
mun

Message to Admin

Post by mun »

Ya Ali Admin.<BR><BR>Please can you give any info what arrangements are made for international jamat in Nairobi or Kampala...any Help will be<BR>most appreciated.....I am praying lots that my wish comes true....I wanna be there...Insha'Allah!&nbsp; I need to book the flight? Please Help...where I can get contact for more info?
jdessa15

Post by jdessa15 »

Admin, to clarify, i am not saying that the Imam is mean or anything admin, I just believe when a request has been made from the national council that the ceremonies be only for e.africa, then we should listen...thats all .. i myself can't wait until another didar, i appreciate that on this website there is a place for people to discuss possible didar dates and rumors that people are hearing so that i can plan ahead of time if i hear there maybe one somehwere, but i would not go if a request that the international jamat not come....also, i think any posts that mention private religious practices should be deleted as well. thanks
Admin

Re: Message to Admin

Post by Admin »

mun wrote: Please can you give any info what arrangements are made for international jamat in Nairobi or Kampala...any Help will be most appreciated
From nairobi which is a hub, one can move easily to Dar es salaam or Kampla, the lowest return ticket would be $300 for a return from nairobi to any of these cities. Kenya Airways, Fly540 and Jetlink are possible (You can google those company)
mun

Admin

Post by mun »

<P>Admin, thanks for your reply....Any idea o&shy;n accommodation nearby in Nairobi and Kampala?&nbsp;&nbsp; And how much do you know if International Jamat will get deedar in Nairobi and Kampala....I have to book my flight in the morning...but no luck with accommodation....Help if u can....especially with dates? </P>
Indigo

Very unfair

Post by Indigo »

I do not recall any facilities of airport pickups or accomodation help being provided in the US, Canada, London etc. and yet when jamat from these countries want to come to East Africa they expect a lot. Already I have seen several people asking for airport pickups and accommodation. NAIROBI IS NOT A VILLAGE. it is a well developed metropolis. Tourists from all over the world come to Nairobi. Do they sleep on the streets?!
My fellow brothers and sisters from the Western world should stop deliberately pretending to be so ignorant, out of hope for freebies. East Africa is not a jungle. First of all, the international airport is of world class standard and there are hundreds and thousands of taxis to take you wherever you want to go. And the fare will just about cost you $15-20 at the current rate. So why hope for pickups? Also, Nairobi, Dar Es Salaam and Kampala have the best hotels in the world which can all be googled easily and booked online. East African jamat is very busy preparing themselves for the ceremonies. We welcome global jamat for general deedars on 8th July (Dar), 13th July (Kampala) and 23rd July (Nairobi) and registration for international jamat is being done. But out of respect for the fact that we received a very short notice for such a monumental visit, do not expect pick ups and accommodations and other facilities. We will be happy to see you but East Africa is not a jungle and you are westerners, well able to take care of yourselves!!

Secondly, all those who are claiming travelling to East Africa to be "befarmani" are just making excuses. The fact that the Imam, out of His divine mercy, has consented to a general deedar in each city for which international registration is open automatically nullifies such ridiculous claims. However, visiting brothers and sisters are requested not to try and inveigle their way into the ceremonies which are for residents only, thereby creating tension for the volunteers.

I hope this will clarify to all the doubters out there.
Indigo

Charter to Kampala on 13th July, same day return

Post by Indigo »

A chartered flight at a reasonable cost is being arranged from Nairobi to Kampala on 13th July in the morning and return being planned on the same day in the evening.

A few seats are still available. Please call +254 724 277 757
mun

Kampala Deedar

Post by mun »

<P>Ya Ali Indigo,<BR><BR>Thanks for the info, especially with the Deedar Dates...now I can move forward with booking my flight....Any help with names or area of cheap hotel nearby the Deedar venue in Kampala and Nairobi also would be most appreciated.....I wanna be there Insha'Allah!!&nbsp;&nbsp; Please also give the addresses of the Jamatkhanas & Venue?</P>
jdessa15

Post by jdessa15 »

I was not aware that the Imam had said yes to the international jamat coming. That is not known here, most people are under the impression that the international jamat was asked not to come and that it is only for e.africa. This is news to me. If I had known ahead of time I would have probably come. Thanks for the info.
Indigo

Re: Kampala Deedar

Post by Indigo »

mun wrote:<P>Ya Ali Indigo,<BR><BR>Thanks for the info, especially with the Deedar Dates...now I can move forward with booking my flight....Any help with names or area of cheap hotel nearby the Deedar venue in Kampala and Nairobi also would be most appreciated.....I wanna be there Insha'Allah!!&nbsp;&nbsp; Please also give the addresses of the Jamatkhanas & Venue?</P>

I don know about Kampala.

For Nairobi, there's Southern Sun on parklands road and Azee House which is perhaps the closest. 

http://azeehouse.co.ke/Contact_Us/index.php

Southern sun's number is +254 20 3740920

(all this and more brought to you by Google.com)

This hotel isn't within walking distance but about 5-8min via car.

The darbar will be at the Complex which is next to Parklands Jamatkhana located on 5th Parklands Avenue, opposite Aga Khan Primary School. (taxi drivers know it as khoja mosque). On the other side of the khane is Aga Khan Hospital University which has a path leading to the khane. It's therefore easy to find.
Indigo

Hotel in Nairobi

Post by Indigo »

There's also Pride Inn located on Rhapta Road, Westlands which is a ten minute taxi ride to Darkhana (Parklands). They have a special offer of $100 bed n breakfast.

kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

SHORT ESSENTIAL READINGS III

http://simerg.com/2011/07/02/preparing- ... quhistani/
Indigo

Mubaraki!!!!!

Post by Indigo »

MUBARAKI TO ALL!!! our most beloved Hazar Imam has landed this evening at 6:40pm in Dar Es Salaam. He looks absolutely radiant and is glowing with joy!!

Dwaar khulle jannat ke,
Jhoom uthaa asmaan,
Deep jalle ghar ghar mein,
Chamak uthaa sara jahaan
deal588

Hazir Imam arrives in Tanzania

Post by deal588 »

http://www.theismaili.org/cms/1223/mailshot

-Pictures of Hazir Imam arriving in Tanzania
-Pictures of Jamati preparation in Tanzania
positive

Re: Very unfair

Post by positive »

Indigo wrote:I do not recall any facilities of airport pickups or accomodation help being provided in the US, Canada, London etc. and yet when jamat from these countries want to come to East Africa they expect a lot. Already I have seen several people asking for airport pickups and accommodation. NAIROBI IS NOT A VILLAGE. it is a well developed metropolis. Tourists from all over the world come to Nairobi. Do they sleep o&shy;n the streets?! My fellow brothers and sisters from the Western world should stop deliberately pretending to be so ignorant, out of hope for freebies. East Africa is not a jungle. First of all, the international airport is of world class standard and there are hundreds and thousands of taxis to take you wherever you want to go. And the fare will just about cost you $15-20 at the current rate. So why hope for pickups? Also, Nairobi, Dar Es Salaam and Kampala have the best hotels in the world which can all be googled easily and booked o&shy;nline. East African jamat is very busy preparing themselves for the ceremonies. We welcome global jamat for general deedars o&shy;n 8th July (Dar), 13th July (Kampala) and 23rd July (Nairobi) and registration for international jamat is being done. But out of respect for the fact that we received a very short notice for such a monumental visit, do not expect pick ups and accommodations and other facilities. We will be happy to see you but East Africa is not a jungle and you are westerners, well able to take care of yourselves!!<BR><BR>Secondly, all those who are claiming travelling to East Africa to be "befarmani" are just making excuses. The fact that the Imam, out of His divine mercy, has consented to a general deedar in each city for which international registration is open automatically nullifies such ridiculous claims. However, visiting brothers and sisters are requested not to try and inveigle their way into the ceremonies which are for residents o&shy;nly, thereby creating tension for the volunteers. <BR><BR>I hope this will clarify to all the doubters out there.
Indigo what you have said is TRUE that Nairobi or E.Africa is not a VILLAGE ... but U R forgetting that these countries also like a little bribery when allowing tourists in.... and so not having gone there for a decade....we would appreciate and feel at ease to see a brother or sister who would ensure that we all have a smooth entry / exist.... and for accommodation... it would be nice to have people visiting (who need this accommodation) in one place or near each other... so if there is transportation available everyone can go together... because it is SUCH AN OCCASION.... comprehend ??? Nobody is looking for FREEBIES.... and by the way in UK, Canada, USA.... bribery does not work at the airports esp. .... only set standards of procedures work.... thats the difference... waky waky--- moreover VISAS are required to enter UK, Canada and USA... and it does get complicated !!