What is Significance of Raisins

Discussion on R&R from all regions
prince_visram

What is Significance of Raisins

Post by prince_visram »

When there is a Ruhani Majlas in JK there is raisins kept after, what are they there for? What do they represent?

I have also noticed that if we run out of Sukreet in JK they substitute with raisins. Why? Thanks! :)
kmaherali

Re: What is Significance of Raisins

Post by kmaherali »

prince_visram wrote:When ramthere is a Ruhani Majlas in JK there is raisins kept after, what are they there for? What do they represent?
Since raisins are sweet, they are symbolic of the passage from the bitterness of sorrow from the death of the beloved one to sweetness of new beginning, forgiveness and solace and comfort in the eternal salvation and freedom of the departed soul.
prince_visram wrote: I have also noticed that if we run out of Sukreet in JK they substitute with raisins. Why? Thanks! :)
I think since they are sweet, they are an ideal substitute for sukreet which is also sweet. In London they give out sweets as a permanent substitute for sukreet. The symbolism of sukreet is lost in these substitutions.
agakhani

RAISIN IS NOT SUKREET BUT IT IS OK ONLY IN EMERGENCY.

Post by agakhani »

I think since they are sweet, they are an ideal substitute for sukreet which is also sweet

In my opinion Sukreet is totally different than raisin and it is not ideal substitute for sukreet, so as long as sukreet is available then rasin should not given to jamat, but some time in special event like when sukreet run out or where it is not possible to recook then if raising given then it is ok because it is not possible to rearrange or recook sukreet in quick or in short time because obviously jamat can not wait in line till new sukreet rearranged or recooked.

Remember this raisin does not have the significance which sukreet has so it is not good idea to substitute it whenever sukreet is available.

According ginans, sukreet should made from following five ingredients, no more or no less:-

1, butter (ghee), flour, (aata), sweet, (sugar) milk, (khir) and Niaz (amrit)

ખીર, ખાંડ, ગીરથ, અમ્રિત, ભોજન.

These five ingredients has their own significances and these significances are very important and play major role in human lives, which raisin does not have, so raisin can not take place of sukreet.
I think umedvars who cook sukreet needs to cook enough sukreet so that all jamat can have it.[/quote]
Admin

Post by Admin »

Maybe we could look at the symbolism behind giving raisins as part of the Juro on Navroz.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Admin wrote:Maybe we could look at the symbolism behind giving raisins as part of the Juro on Navroz.
SIGNIFICANCE OF ROZI

WHEAT: Strength and Abundant food
SWEET: Happiness, Love and Affection
DRY FRUIT: Long Life
RAISINS: Good Health
NUTS: Intelligence
MINT: Curing Disease
CLOVES: Pleasure of Life