in various fields of humanitarian
work, UN ambassadors and
prominent public figures.

SOS Children's Village President
Helmut Kutin received the prestigious one million dollar prize on
behalf of the organisation's co-workers, in particular the thousands
of SOS mothers. The prize money will be used to expand existing
Aids projects and establish new ways to support Aids orphans and
families affected by HIV/Aids in eastern and southern Africa.
Steven Hilton, president of the Los Angeles-based Conrad N.
Hilton Foundation, highlighted in his speech that the foundation's
founder, hotel entrepreneur Conrad Hilton, must have had the work
of SOS Children's Villages in mind as he drew up his will: "He
admonished us to love and encourage each other so that no one
would be abandoned to poverty and darkness. But he singled out
children especially calling them the repositories of our hope for the
upgrade progress of humanity."

In his speech of thanks, Helmut Kutin pointed out that the
discrepancy between industrialised nations and "developing
countries", particularly as regards the situation of children and
young people, is actually far less than is generally believed: "We
forget to look into our own countries, into our own very advanced
societies and to see what a tremendous amount of poverty exists
there, particularly among the children and young people", who
above all suffer from an emotional coldness and broken family life.
These children, just as all of the children of this world, need to be
wanted, loved and strengthened. Helmut Kutin particularly
emphasised the need to fight Aids together, above all in Africa - a
fight which has to be fought by taking small steps day by day so as
not to become overwhelmed by the dimension of the Aids
epidemic. "It's our endeavour to try continuously, particularly in
very desperate situations - of which I have in my own life passed
through a good amount - of war, natural calamities, to continue to
live this hope, compassion, respect and through this respect also
show genuine love for your brother and sister of any colour, of any
religion, of any political system."

Another prominent speaker was Oscar
Arias, former Costa Rican president and
Nobel Peace Laureate. In the keynote
speech, "Social Justice in the 21st century",
he made clear how political claims and
social reality continue to be poles apart,
how much political and economic reality
counteracts strategies to combat poverty
and therefore appears to nullify the
connection between violence and social
exclusion: " In the year 2000, the world
spent about 800 billion dollars on weapons
and soldiers, but only fifty-six billion was
spent on development assistance. [...] The
simple truth is that spending on arms, and
especially getting caught up in regional or
global arms races, is the surest way to perpetuate poverty. And, in
my view, it is also a very poor method of guaranteeing security. For
an arms race never has a winner, and the losers are numbered most
heavily among the poor. It is no coincidence that poverty and
violence so often go hand in hand. When will we learn that the best
way to foster security is to act to ensure justice?"

All of the speeches made during
the prize-giving ceremony and at
the conference made reference to
the ambivalence towards
humanitarian work and the fact
that the majority of the world's
population needs lasting social
change. The neglect by political
actors has to be made good by
civil society, NGOs, voluntary
organisations, etc. and social
action will - in the foreseeable
future - find enough fields of
activity.

Queen Noor of Jordan, patroness of SOS Children's Villages
Jordan, said in her speech: "In meetings such as ours today we
focus on seemingly overwhelming problems and challenges facing
our world. But it is also helpful, in the course of our deliberations,
to pause for reinspiration; to be reminded of the exceptional efforts
and progress in organizations like SOS Children's Villages, and
many of the organizations in this room, that are bringing hope and
light to some of the world's darker places."
altaf_rupani_1

Does Allah actually knows the past - present - future ???

Post by altaf_rupani_1 »

The break-up of Salima with the Agakhan poised a question to many:

When the Imam, who knows the past, present and future, knew before hand that the marriage will result into a break-up - then why did He marry Salima ?

In this regard, taking into account the relevant period, it is to be noted that the leader of Angels named Iblis betrayed Allah. Now the question arises if Allah knows the past, present and future - Why did He appoint Iblis as the Leader of the Angels when He knew Iblis will betray Him.

Questions and Questions - the answer is in the Quran. I am giving you a very good hint - i.e. Respite.

Let us see - how you answer this Admin.
Asya

Re: Does Allah actually knows the past - present - future ??

Post by Asya »

The HI only sees into the Book of Life when he wants to, when he prays, not 24/7.

He married Salimah because he saw she would give him the most beautiful children, and raise them in an English fashion.

Iblis refused to bow down to humans because he will only bow down to Allah. He has respite until Judgment Day, so he can try to deceive as many humans as possible against the right path, thereby proving his point to Allah that we are not worthy of Iblis' prostration.

Post by Guest »

Asya wrote:The HI only sees into the Book of Life when he wants to, when he prays, not 24/7.

He married Salimah because he saw she would give him the most beautiful children, and raise them in an English fashion.

Iblis refused to bow down to humans because he will only bow down to Allah. He has respite until Judgment Day, so he can try to deceive as many humans as possible against the right path, thereby proving his point to Allah that we are not worthy of Iblis' prostration.
For your info - Hazar Imam is Allah - then how can you say such a thing about hazar imam including "not 24/7". In the dua you mention you will seek help of allah only and you seek help of hazar imam in all matters - is it not? Quran reveals only allah can forgive the sins. You pray to hazar imam to forgive your sins - it is not. then how can you say "not 24/7". Also, it is Allah who gives the children. Quran reveals that the Lord, a human being, is also Allah:

Ha-Mim - 41
30) In the case of those who say "Our Lord is Allah" and further stand straight and steadfast the angels descend on them (from time to time): "Fear ye not!" (they suggest) "nor grieve! but receive the Glad Tidings of the Garden (of Bliss) the which ye were promised !

Al-Kahf, or the Cave (XVIII)
38) "But as for my part Allah is my Lord, and none shall I associate with my Lord.

Regarding Iblis - respite is given for a certain period and not until Judgment Day. Why should Allah support Iblis's evil cause - ponder ? Allah does not support evil. In fact Quran itself reveals that one should not support those who rejects Allah's message so the question of Allah supporting Iblis's evil cause does not arise.

Al-Qasas-28
86)Thou hadst no hope that the Scripture would be inspired in thee; but it is a mercy from thy Lord, so never be a helper to the disbelievers.

other translation

Al-Qasas-28
86) And thou hadst not expected that the Book would be sent to thee except as a Mercy from thy Lord: therefore lend not thou support in any way to those who reject (Allah's Message).

Iblis was the leader of the angels and subsequently he did a wrong thing - Though Allah knew he would do that, still he appointed Iblis as a leader.
So even those people who Allah appoints can betray Allah - however, Quran reveals this is not proper:

Al-Anfal-8
8) O ye that believe! betray not the trust of Allah and the apostle nor misappropriate knowingly things entrusted to you.

So do not betray Allah's trust and go on rumor mongering like you mentioned:

"The HI only sees into the Book of Life when he wants to, when he prays, not 24/7. He married Salimah because he saw she would give him the most beautiful children, and raise them in an English fashion."

It will be interesting to know on what basis did you mention the above.

Bye Bye

Post by Guest »

I have noticed that the Admin or Moderator, i.e. Umed, has started deleting my postings judging it from his point of view even though his point of view goes against the farman and the quran, I am no longer interested in posting in the forum.
Asya

Post by Asya »

I see we have been visited by the Salafists.

FYI, in the Holy Du'a we do not pray to HI for everything, only "seek in times of difficulty" your Imam of the Time, in other words, people who tithe to him can expect a social network from him to help them in bad times, like the people of Tajikistan are going through right now.

(HI has been sending planes full of food just to feed people there for a few years now. All this is done very quietly. It is obvious to me that Allah does not want the kafirs to know what HI is doing in the third world.)

Another FYI, HI is not Allah, he is ALI, carrying the Y chromosome on Ali. This is not religious nonsense, it is scientific. The Y chromosome gets carried only from father to son each generation. And how could anyone have known that in the year 632 CE?

Should you wish to debate this, it should be in the Doctrine forum, not here in the people forum. By the way, do you even know how to say the Basic Du'a of the Saudis? Think about it.

Post by Guest »

Asya wrote:I see we have been visited by the Salafists.

FYI, in the Holy Du'a we do not pray to HI for everything, only "seek in times of difficulty" your Imam of the Time, in other words, people who tithe to him can expect a social network from him to help them in bad times, like the people of Tajikistan are going through right now.

(HI has been sending planes full of food just to feed people there for a few years now. All this is done very quietly. It is obvious to me that Allah does not want the kafirs to know what HI is doing in the third world.)

Another FYI, HI is not Allah, he is ALI, carrying the Y chromosome on Ali. This is not religious nonsense, it is scientific. The Y chromosome gets carried only from father to son each generation. And how could anyone have known that in the year 632 CE?

Should you wish to debate this, it should be in the Doctrine forum, not here in the people forum. By the way, do you even know how to say the Basic Du'a of the Saudis? Think about it.
So we have another rumor monger in the forum -

Ismailis look to the Imam for advice and help in all matters - also refer the Noor - the Noor of the Imam which indicates .....

Farmans - Salgirah Darbar - 13th December 1964
-------------
For hundreds of years, my spiritual children have been guided by the Rope of Imamat. You have looked to the Imam of the Age for advice and help in all matters; and through your Imam's immense love and affection for his spiritual children, his Noor has indicated to you where and in which direction you must turn, so as to obtain spiritual and worldly satisfaction.

You are not ismaili else you would have known that after dua there is a tasbih and ismailis pray to their imam for many things you know.

Even quran reveals Lord is God. The Lord's name is Ali, Murtaza Ali.

Asya - there are/were people who used to worship stone, animal, sun, etc. There are people who worship things which they do not see. So you are in the 2nd category I believe. You worship things which you cannot see and which does not exist.

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:
Asya wrote:I see we have been visited by the Salafists.

So we have another rumor monger in the forum -

Ismailis look to the Imam for advice and help in all matters - also refer the Noor - the Noor of the Imam which indicates .....

Farmans - Salgirah Darbar - 13th December 1964
-------------
For hundreds of years, my spiritual children have been guided by the Rope of Imamat. You have looked to the Imam of the Age for advice and help in all matters; and through your Imam's immense love and affection for his spiritual children, his Noor has indicated to you where and in which direction you must turn, so as to obtain spiritual and worldly satisfaction.

You are not ismaili else you would have known that after dua there is a tasbih and ismailis pray to their imam for many things you know.

Even quran reveals Lord is God. The Lord's name is Ali, Murtaza Ali.

Asya - there are/were people who used to worship stone, animal, sun, etc. There are people who worship things which they do not see. So you are in the 2nd category I believe. You worship things which you cannot see and which does not exist.
Asya - the things you do not see and which does not exist is the things you worship in - you make me sick. Now do not set the things you do not see as a rival to the god - ha ha ho ho.

Lord / Imam is Allah

Post by Guest »

Al-Kahf, or the Cave (XVIII)
38) "But as for my part Allah is my Lord, and none shall I associate with my Lord.

Farman - Bombay 9 November 1967
-----------
My beloved spiritual children, I have been very happy to hear this morning those spiritual children who came there close to me to recite Du'a and to recite the meaning of the Du'a. However, I am not going to accept from the teachers of the Religious Night Schools simply to listen to those spiritual children who are the best. I would like any spiritual child who is here present, who attends Religious Night School, to answer to me: What is the meaning of Malikin-naas? You know the sura which says "Qul A'uzu bi-Rabbinnaas, Malikin-naas, Elahin-naas." What does Malikin-naas mean? Which is the spiritual child here who can tell me the meaning of Malikin-naas?

(One spiritual child gave the meaning of Malikin-naas as "Master of the People - the Imam.")

Good, very good. My beloved spiritual children, I will go further. In the same sura you have "Qul A'uzu bi-Rabbinnaas, Malikinnaas. Elahin-naas, Min shar-ril vasvaasil Khannaas. "What does the word vasvaas mean? What is the meaning of the word vasvaas? It is important to know the meaning.

(A spiritual child answered in Gujarati: "Vasvasaa.")

Good, very good. My beloved spriritual children, I am very happy to see that I can ask you what are difficult questions, and there is always someone present who knows the answer. This is very, very good. I will ask you one more question: what is the meaning of Yawm-id-Din? I want someone here to tell me what is the meaning of Yawm-id-Din?

(A spiritual child answered: "The Day of Judgement.")

My beloved spiritual children, I am happy to see that your knowledge since I was last here and your understanding of both the Du'a and other suras of the Qur'an-e-Sharif is much better, much, much better. I would like you to go on improving your knowledge and your understanding of the Du'a and of those parts of the Qur'an-e-Sharif which are important to us in our every-day lives, in our understanding of our Faith.
shamsu

Asya check out these farmans

Post by shamsu »

Asya check out these Farmans

I am the sign of the Most High, I am the Gnosis of Mysteries, I am the Door of the doors, I am the First and the Last. I am the Manifest and the Hidden. I am the creator. I give birth to the world and I destroy it as I wish. I am the face of God, I am the Supreme Kalam. (Mowlana Hazrat Ali, Khubat al-Bayan. From a total of 70 such declarations, partially quoted in H.Corbin "Histoire de la philosophie islamique", Paris 1964, page 77.)

There is no one greater than Myself. If you think of God, then it is Myself. If you think of Pir, then too it is Me. If you think about Imam, then too it is Me. And your beloved Master is also Me. There is no one except Myself... (Mowlana Sultan Muhammad Shah Vadi Jamatkhana, March 16, 1902)

He who is above all else, he who is above this world, he who is above time, he who is above the human mind. (Mowlana Shah Karim, Baitul Khyal, Montreal 15/08/1992)

Whatever is, is Ya ali. (Mowlana Aga Ali Shah, 3rd day of Bhadarwa soud 1878 A.D.)

Give death, make alive, give life, give the Rozi, all this is in the hands of Ya Ali. Make rain, reach the Destination, put in Heaven or in Hell, all this is in the hands of Ya Ali. Only the true believers perceive the miracles of the Imam...

We the Imams in descent from Imam Hussein, are present until today and We shall remain until the Qiyamat and even after the Qiyamat... (Mowlana Aga Ali Shah, 2nd day of Magsar soudh 1874 A.D.)

whatever exists, is within Us. We will accompany you till the Origin. (Mowlana Aga Ali Shah, Bombay, 1884 A.D.)

We are your leader and True Lord of this world and the next. I am Ya Ali, I am Imam Hussein. Whatever you want to ask, ask Us. We are the First and the Last. Therefore, obey only to Us... Be among those who know the Imam. (Mowlana Aga Ali Shah, 1856 A.D)

Imam is the Resurrector. He is the Lord of beings. He is the Lord which is the act of being absolute. He excludes all existential determinations because He transcends all of them. He opens the door of His mercy and from the Light of his knowledge, He makes everything seeing, listening and talking for eternity... (Mowlana Ala’zikrihis Salaam, 8/08/1164 at Alamut. Quoted page 144 of H.Corbin, "Histoire de la philosophie islamique:, Paris 1964.)

Imam never disappears... (Mowlana Soultan Mohamed Shah Kutch, Nagalpur, 28/11/1903)

Imam is the cause of creation. This world could not exist without Imam and if Imam desires, the world would disintegrate in a moment. (Mowlana Sultan Mohamed Shah Madagascar 1946)

Now you can put your socks back on.
KRAMJI

Post by KRAMJI »

To make it simple to understand regading the question of Imam, the Noor of, is Allah.<BR>Whenever our beloved HI begins a firman he starts by saying "<FONT color=red><STRONG>MY BELOVED SPIRITUAL CHILDREN" </STRONG></FONT><FONT color=black>and we know that our souls is from ALLAH thus by conviction the IMAM (his Noor) is Allah himself&nbsp; our souls are the spiritual children of Allah. And if you need a deeper understanding to this question then our Quran has many indications to prove this.&nbsp; Try Ibadat and you will see o&shy;ne day the surest proof.....<BR><BR>Like the&nbsp;Prophets, our Imams have selflessly dedicated their lives for the betterment of their followers (Ismailies)&nbsp;and humanity,&nbsp; unlike any other religious leader in our world.&nbsp; Just look at the amount of work our Imam is doing today.&nbsp; What does the pope do? How many hungary children have they saved?&nbsp; </FONT>