Abadu Jugat Jol - Help me understand this. Please

Discussion on ginan meanings, history etc..
faisall667

Abadu Jugat Jol - Help me understand this. Please

Post by faisall667 »

I am reading ginan meanings and trying to pick up things that sound interesting to me. I came across the following ginan, and it is interesting, but I don't understand some of the words: sukhmannaa, inglaa, and pinglaa. When it says concentrate on those three things listed above, how are you suppose to concentrate, are you suppose to imagine or what?
Also when it says that the nerve channel will start to vibrate and you will hear musical sound, is that true or is just like saying that you will feel very happy.

Ginan name: ABADHU JUGAT JOLSA(N)TOSH PAATRA KARO

abadhu cha(n)do suraj doy rokee raakho

ane man chee(n)t dharo is dda(n)ddee

sukhamannaa ta(n)tee vaajann laagee

e bhed keesej kha(n)ddee abadhu te jogee...................3

ta(n)tee - thread (nerve) vaajann - sound of music

kha(n)ddee - realise

O slave! Retain the sun and the moon(Imaam and the Peer) in your hearts and consciousness, keep such a stick(thoughts) always. Then the force (nerve) channel sukhmannaa will begin to vibrate after being activated and hence will produce a musical sound. Very few are aware of the mysteries of such a phenomenon.

abadhu sab avagunn tajo treevennee nahaavo

ane anhad naad bajaa-o

kahe peer shamsh jeeva(n)t mareeye

to avarth janam na paao....................................4

treevennee - the region joining the inglaa, pinglaa and sukhmannaa force channels at the fore head between the two eye brows.

nahaavo -

O slave! shun all the misdeeds and focus your concentration on the region joining the ingla pinglaa and sukhmannaa force channels. Then you will initiate, play or hear celestial sounds. Peer Shamsh says that if one dies while still alive, he will not have to take up further births.

Thank you
Faisal
kmaherali

Ingla, Pingla and Sukhmanna

Post by kmaherali »

It is a great pleasure for me to discuss Ginans.

According to ancient mystical theory originating in India, there is an astral body which corresponds to our physical body. It has a nervous system and ingla, pingla and sukhmanna are vital nerves in that. These nerves meet at a region between the eyebrows called 'Bhamar Gufa' . Through concentration at that spot and the grace of the Lord these nerves get activated and spiritual enlightenment occurs. Some mystics experience light and others hear sounds. All of these are real. I know of people who have had these experiences.

In my opinion, the significance of these is to allude to extra sensory experiences. They may occur or may not occur depending upon the psychological makeup of the individual. They are not essential for the ultimate experience. Pir Sadardeen in his Ginan "Sakhee Mahapad keri vaat koik jaanne re" which can be referenced in the Ginan Section and which explains this in greater detail, says that these experiences are lower and the real experience is more profound than that. I strongly recommend that you read the Ginan.