Pir Hassan Kabirdin and Vegetarianism

After the Times of Imam Mustansir Billah
star_munir

Pir Hassan Kabirdin and Vegetarianism

Post by star_munir »

As I was reading the history of Pir Hassan Kabirdin, in history section, it was mentioned that he was strickt vegetarian. I had read this earlier in other books too. Do any one knows any verses of Ginans that show he being a vegetarian? What is the importance of veg food as compared to non veg as during satado also non veg food is avoided.
bcmsia

Post by bcmsia »

Abu Aly missionary did a great job in a few of his waez explaining the benefit of not eating meat. From what I understand, he said that we consume toxins from the animal(s) we eat. He said that an animal is aware just before they are going to be slaughtered. For example, a chicken being caught by the neck is filled with fear and perhaps a realization that they will be killed. Due to this fear/realization, toxins are released into their bloodstream prior to their death. The bloodstream, with toxins, circulates and perfuses the meat we eat, before being taken out of the body.

This is just my understanding though, of some of the information from his waez, so please take this with a grain of salt. I found it very interesting and definitely think we have much to gain from minimizing or eliminating the meat we consume.
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Cutting down meat to atleast once a month (if you can not totaly quit) or totaly eliminating meat in your daily food consumption will help you in meditation and it is good for your health, according many meditation and yoga books which I read,
MEAT QUOTED "TAMSI FOOD" IN VED, PURAN AND UPNISHADS, NO WONDER WHY HINDU RISHIS AND MANY HINDUS DOES NOT EAT MEAT
My guess is Pir Hasan Kabirdin may aware of this fact and therefore he didn't eat meat in life.
shiraz.virani

Post by shiraz.virani »

Bro agakhani , a vegetarian will always say eat only vegetables and a meat eater will say eat only meat.....in both the cases its totally incorrect

One may ask.. if God wanted humans to have only vegetables, why did He provide us also with pointed teeth[K9] ? It is logical that He[god] expected us to need and to have both vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian food.

If God wanted us to have only vegetables then why did He give us a digestive system that can digest both vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian food ?

When allah[swt] said to all the muslims veryyy clearly in his book about halal food and meat then why should one not eat them ???

Allah himself said in the same quran that there are several benefits from the cattle one of which is its meat !!!!

We all know that there are muslims that are pure veg and are very devout muslims but thats their choice !! Its not allah who told them "do not eat meat"

Meat is rich in protein, iron, vitamins ....Some times you might not find rich protein in plants but meat is full of proteins which is essential for human body !

Allah even mentioned what we can drink or what is permissible to drink for the cattle i.e MILK :) , when everything is mentioned in quran then why not eat and drink and just be happy ? :D
agakhani

My answer was on ruhani benefits not on scientific benefits.

Post by agakhani »

The question was why pir Hasan Kabirdin didn't eat meat?, and my answer was on meditation benefits, avoiding meat help to receive good benefits in our daily meditation, there are many books available on this subject that proves that avoiding meat is really beneficial to your body and mind and which help you to achieve good progress in meditation
Scientist/nutritionist also find out in recent research that avoiding or cutting down meat in daily consumption is very benefial. No wonder why more and more peoples are becoming pure vegetarians, however my answer was not achieve this scientific benefits but achieve a good progress in meditation.

There are many Hindus they do not eat meat in their whole life and they are just doing just fine health wise. If you eat varieties of vegetables, fruits and varieties of grains drink milk and consume milk products then you do not have to worry about proteins, vitamins, irons ,calcium and other vitamins our body need these vitamins we can have from vegetables it is true that meat is a good source for protein and other vitamins but all these vitamins you can easily receive from fruit, vegetables and milk products not much as meat but little enough to survive.
BELIEVE ME OR NOT I WAS EATING MEAT TWICE A YEAR (means every six months) BEFORE I MOVED IN USA, here I eat meat every month, some time little more depends on weddings, guests and parties I have to attend but I always try to avoid meat wherever it possible and I am just doing good health wise.

Allahtala has created all eatable things including meat, fruits and vegetables for human being and animals as their food, so they can eat these and survive , so if you eat meat you are not committing any sins bro, also meat does not prohibited in Quran, so it is up to any individual's own decision whether to eat meat or not to eat meat.
nuseri

Post by nuseri »

Pir did not eat meat.In past hindus n even today brahmin hindus never enters or drink water from the house of A non vegetarian.
He was a persian,he learnt gujrati n sanskrit.He was Under Noorani Hidayaat of ALI.He was on a MISSION n to ACCOMPLISH IT.
We khoja Ismailies are there today because of his mission.He GAVE UP meat eating to honour the sentiment of Lohanas then ,who are now Khoja Ismailies today.