Das Awtar Nano - Text

Discussion on ginan meanings, history etc..
prince_visram

Das Awtar Nano - Text

Post by prince_visram »

Ya Ali Madaat,

I have typed up the entire ginan and it is saved as a Microsoft Word file. I just wanted to make sure it was okay if I posted it here - our site has much information of the Das Awtar, but does not have the ginan itself, so I just thought there may be a reason. If it is okay, someone please confirm so I can put it here for someone possibly to roughly translate. I found it in a ginan book called "Special Ginans". Anyway waiting for a reply. Thanks
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Please post and there could be a translation soon. I do not see any difference between this Ginan/Granth and others.
prince_visram

Post by prince_visram »

Thanks for the reply, below is what I have typed based on the source written. If you notice anything wrong, just ask and I can check the book if you do not own a copy yourself. Also, I was wondering if there was a particular raag and if the beginning and end (including the kalima) are a part of the ginan. Thanks for your help...

Source: Special Ginans (Part Two), Shia Imami Ismaili Association of India: Page 196 - 197

(Dash Awtaar Composed by Peer Sadardeen)
GINAAN 179
(Dash Awtaar Naano Mowlaa Murtazaa Ali No)

Shri dash maanhe Shri dash maanhe Naklanki roope lidho chhe awtaar; Shri Shaah mowlaa Murtazaa Ali roope naam bhanaaveyaa ji Allah ji Mowlaa; het hakikat ne kaarnne Saamiji tame bhale bhale awtareyaa; hete sete turiye Shaah chaddshe aswaar, bhagat odhaariye daanav daariye gatiyu taariye aashu puriye vaachaa paariye, sankh chakar leshe Sbaah haath.

Sankh chakar leshe Shaan haath;
Layi ne farshe Shaah prothavi maanhe

Have potaa te dashe awtaar;
Parhareyo Shaah girbhaa vaas

Shaah Jampu deep no Raaye;
Aavshe Shaah Mulastaan maanhe

Shaah deshe te rikhisar no raaj;
Rikhiyu(n) karshe te avichal raa];
Rikhiyaa ne vaikuntt vaas

Peer Sohodev keraddo Shaam;
Partak Shaah Nara Hari naam

Peer Sadardeen keraddo Shaam;
Partak Shaah Niklanki naam

Partak Niklanki naam ho maaraa Saami ji Shri dash maanhe maaro tu(n) Shri parmesharaa; Shri dash maanhe Niklanki rupe lidho chhe awtaar, Shri Shaah Mowlaa Murtazaa Ali roope naam bhannaaveyaa ji Allah ji Mowlaa, Shri Shaah Mowlaa Murtazaa Ali te Shri Islaamshaah, Shri Shaah mowlaa Murtazaa Ali ni maataa to bibi Zulekhaa pitaa to Haashmi Abutaalab Vali, Gur to Nabi Muhamad Mustfaa Rasool Salallaaho alehe va sallaam Shakti to Bibi Fatmat Zahera Rajiallaahu taalaa anahu chaar laakh batris sahestra Shri Shaah Mowlaa Murtazaa Ali roope naam bhannaaveyaa ji Allah ji Mowlaa, chaar laakh ne batris sahestra aaj kal-jug no parmaann huvaa teyaare athar ved na vaaraa varteyaa, aaj kal-jug maanhe Shaah nu ek roop varteyo ek daanav Shaah aape sangaarshe karoddi baare shu(n) Peer Sadardeen taareyaa tenne gupat panth aaraadheyaa, teto sahi amraapuri no vaaso bhale paameyaa ji Allah ji Mowlaa; Peer Sadardeen kahere bhaai kahu(n) dash awtaar te je sarvaanne sunne, tene aavaa gamann na feraa ttalle; je saambhlle dash awtaar, te paame moksh mugat didaar; je koyi saambhlle nar ne naar, tene aavaagamann nahi sansaar.

Je saambhlle dashe awtaar;
Te paame moksh mugat didaar.

Je saambhlle nar ne naar;
Tene aavaagamann nahi re sonsaar.

Jem mugtaa huvaa re Pahelaaj;
Tene aaleyo Shaah avichal raaj.

Shaahe aaleyo Dhruv ne raaj;
Dhruv kare chhe avichal raaj.

Bandha kaapiyaare Pahelaaj;
Tene aaleyo Shaah avichal raaj.

Shaah deshe rikhisar ne raaj;
Rikhisar karshe te avichal raaj;
Rikhisarone vaikuntt vaas.

Peer Sohodev keraddo sham;
Partak Shaah Naro Hari naam.

Peer Sadardeen kero shaam;
Partak Shaan Niklanki naam.

Partak Niklanki naam ho maaraa Saami ji tu(n) jug sudhaariye bhagat odhaariye asoor sanhaariye daanav daariye gatiyu(n) taariye aashu puriye vaachaa paariye Shri dash maanhe maarc Tu(n) Shri parmesharaa; Shri dash maanhe Naklanki roope lidho chhe awtaar Shri Shaah Mowlaa Murtazaa All roope naam bhannaaveyaa ji Allah ji Mowlaa, het hakikat ne kaarnne Saami ji tame bhale bhale awtareyaa; Dash aw-taar Mowlaa Murtazaa Ali jo se Peer Sadardeene bhaankheyaa se sampuraann huvaa.

Haq ashahado an la illaahaa ilallaan;
Ashahado an Muhamad Rasoolillaah;
Ashahado an amiral momeneen

Ali Sahi Allah

Yaa Ali Yaa Ali Yaa Ali
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

What you have posted is the last (10th) part of Das Avtaar Naano pertaining to Naklanki (Ali) Avtaar. I checked the official publication and the Kalima appears to be part of it.
prince_visram

Post by prince_visram »

kmaherali wrote:What you have posted is the last (10th) part of Das Avtaar Naano pertaining to Naklanki (Ali) Avtaar. I checked the official publication and the Kalima appears to be part of it.
Oh okay, so this is not the entire ginan. I guess they just wrote it a bit funny in the ginan book and I interperated it wrong. I find it extremely interesting that the pir would have the kalima at the bottom, whats your take on it? In your opinion, is their a particular reason why this ginan would end with it? Just out of curiosity.. and im guessing there is no particular raag (for the verses which are lined by twos), right? Thanks so much for your help, if not a translation, a quick paragraph summary of the Naklanki Awataar (based on the text above) would be a great read if possible.. Thanks again for your untiring support...
prince_visram

Post by prince_visram »

Oh never mind, I found the entire thing that i typed up already on our site.. With a really rough translation..

http://ismaili.net/heritage/node/19767

But, if you do have anything to add (like opinions on my questions on the previous post), or if you could summarize the concept more clearer, that would be great as well.. Thanks
prince_visram

Post by prince_visram »

Brief Translation of the Tenth Avtaar [Shorter Version] - By: V N. Hooda
Found Here: http://www.ismaili.net/Source/0723/07232e.html

(From the Dasavatar attributed to Pir Sadru'd-din; the shorter version)1
(in the Gujrati language).

God has incarnated Himself as the glorious tenth avatar. He manifested Himself in the person of Shah Mowla Murtada Ali

We welcome Thy incarnation for the sake of love for the Truth!

The Lord will ride his horse, bestowing love and benevolence (and scattering devils).

0, Thou, save Thy devotees!

0, Thou, scatter the devils!

0, Thou, punish the demons!

0, Thou, save the jamâts of the believers!

0, Thou, grant what they wish!

0, Thou, fulfill Thy promises!

He will take into his hands the sounding conch (shank) and the disc-like weapon (chaker) .

Blowing the conch and brandishing the chaker , He will pass all over the world.

The whole purpose of the Ten Avatars will thus be completed.

He has given up the necessity of being in the mother's womb. 2

The Lord, the Ruler of Jampudip, will arrive (make his appearance) in Mulastan. 3 He will grant the kingdom to the rakhiser, devotees who will rule over it eternally.

The devotees will take abode in Paradise.

He is the Lord of Pir Sohdev. 4

He is manifested under the name of Naklanki.

0, my Lord, Thou art my God in the Tenth Incarnation, Thou has incarnated as the glorious Tenth Avatar in the person of Naklanki, whose glorious name is Shah Mowla Murtada Ali.

Mowla Murtada Ali is He who is (now) Shri Salam Shah. 5

The name of the mother of Mowla Murtada Ali was Bibi Julika. 6 His father's name is Hashami Abu Talib Wali.

The Guru (of the world) Nabi Muhammad Mustafa, the Apostle of God.

His wife, Shakti, was Fatmat-Zahura (Fatimat az-Zahrâ'). 7

He will remain manifested under the name Mowla Murtada Ali for 432,000 years.

God is Glorious, Glorious is the Lord!

The duration of the Kaljug period is 432,000 years.

Atherved is the sacred scripture (for the Kaljug period).

One avatar of God is intended for the Kaljug.

God Himself will slay His adversary, the devil Kalinga.

He has saved twelve crores of the faithful through the leadership of Pir Sadru'd-dîn.

They followed the religion secretly.

They surely deserved their place in Paradise! Greetings to them!

God is glorious, glorious is the Lord!

Pir Sadru'd-dîn says: I have told the story of the Ten Avatars. Whosoever listens to it will be exempted from the wheel of re-birth in this world.

Whosoever listens to the story of the Ten Avatars will attain salvation (moksh) , liberation (mukt) and the dîdâr (of the Imam). 8

Whosoever, male or female, listens to this, he will never again be re-born in this world.

Such people will be rewarded as Pehlaj who attained salvation and was granted the everlasting kingdom.

The Lord has granted a kingdom to Dhruv, 9 and he is ruling over it forever.

The Lord will give kingdoms to the devotees and they will rule over them forever.

The devotees will have abode in Paradise.

He is the Lord of Pir Sohdev!

He is known under the name of Naklanki.

O, my Lord, purify the world! Save Thy devotees! Scatter the devils!

Punish the demons! Save the jamâts of the believers! Grant their prayers! Fulfil Thy promises!

Thou art my God in the Tenth Avatar!

Thou hast incarnated Thyself in Naklanki!

Thou hast been known by the name of Mawlâ Murtada Ali.

We welcome Thy incarnation out of love for the Truth!

Here ends the story of the Ten Avatars related by Pir Sadru'd-dîn.

I testify that there is no Deity except One God.

I testify that Muhammad is the Apostle of God.

I testify that Amîru'l-mu'minîn Ali is surely Divine.