Hazar Imam's horses win

Activities of the Imam and the Noorani family.
Admin

Hazar Imam's horses win

Post by Admin »

Foundation Mares tells the story of the greatest American broodmares.

http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/intern ... takes.aspx

Posted: Saturday, October 03, 2009 3:09 PM

Varenar upsets Goldikova as Aga Khan wins three group stakes

by Mike Curry

Varenar’s upset victory over top miler Goldikova (Ire) in the Total Prix de la Foret (Fr-G1) highlighted a banner day on Saturday at Longchamp for the Aga Khan and trainer Alain de Royer-Dupre.

After a pair of runner-up finishes this season in group stakes, Varenar broke through in a big way on Saturday, charging from off the pace under Stephane Pasquier to nip runner-up Sweet Hearth by a nose. The three-year-old Rock of Gibraltar (Ire) colt completed 1,400 meters (6.96 furlongs) in 1:19.20 on turf rated as good to earn his first career stakes win.

"That is the first time he has had pace in a race and not had to do things himself," Royer-Dupre told England’s Press Association.

Goldikova, who entered off three straight Group 1 victories, pressed a blistering pace and took command with about 500 meters remaining before fading to third in the final strides. Last year’s Breeders’ Cup Mile (G1) winner was beaten by less than a length.

"I do not know what happened,” said Goldikova’s trainer, Freddie Head. “They went a gallop, but that is the name of the game. She didn't quicken. Turning into the straight, she did not pick up and when [Peslier] asked her she stayed on at the one pace.

"She might have used herself too much early on, but you couldn't say for sure. For the moment, she is going to the Breeders' Cup, but nothing is definite and we will have to just see."

Varenar, who finished second this year in the Prix de la Porte Maillot (Fr-G3) and Prix de Pin (Fr-G3), improved to four wins in nine starts. Out of the winning Mr. Prospector mare Visor, Varenar is a half brother French classic-placed stakes winner Visionary (Fr) and group stakes winners Visindar and Visorama. He is from the family of 1984 Kentucky Derby (G1) winner and champion Swale.

"He doesn't really show that much in his work, so that was lovely and I think we've found our distance,” the Aga Khan’s daughter Princess Zahra told England’s Press Association. “He's a fast horse and he's from a fantastic family."

Royer-Dupre and the Aga Khan also teamed to win the Qatar Prix Chaudenay (Fr-G3) with Manighar, who improved to six wins and one second in seven career starts, and the Prix de Royallieu (Fr-G2) with undefeated homebred Daryakana.

Also on the card, Tamazirte scored by a length in the Qatar Prix Daniel Wildestein (Fr-G2) and Pipedreamer won the Qatar Prix Dollar (Fr-G2) by a neck.

Mike Curry is a Thoroughbred Times TODAY editor
Last edited by Admin on Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Admin

Post by Admin »

AS RECEIVED
---------------------

Subject: Treble for Aga Khan and de Royer-Dupre (happy bapa was on Dubai tv this evening)

Bapa was seen happy and relaxed and in joyous mood at Longchamp France this afternoon to watch all 3 horses win their respective races. PZ accompanied bapa and one scene the camera man took his camera so near bapa that we could see only bapa's full face on the tv screen Muabarakis.

MANIGHAR,VARENAR and DARYAKANA all won and in the same race TANOURA came 3rd. She is also owned by bapa
My friend was at the race cource to watch the races and I will await his full reports with some photos.
Tomorrow sunday Bapa has 5 horses running. Inshalla we will have more successes tomorrow too.
Admin

Post by Admin »

AS RECEIVED

Today at Longchamp live on BBC2 now.....MHI is present.
Already 2 wins in the bag.... Big race Prix de Arc de Triomphe later today
Admin

Post by Admin »

http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/intern ... champ.aspx

Posted: Sunday, October 04, 2009 1:53 PM

Aga Khan continues stellar weekend
on Sunday at Longchamp

by Mike Curry

The breeding and racing operations of the Aga Khan and his family collected so much hardware this weekend at Longchamp they might have to construct a new wing for the trophy collection.

The Aga Khan and his family won three group stakes on Saturday, including Varenar’s upset victory over top-class miler Goldikova (Ire) in the Total Prix de la Foret (Fr-G1), and continued the scorching streak on Sunday with four Group 1 wins on the undercard of the Qatar Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe (Fr-G1).

"Totally unbelievable; I never expected all this success but it is a team effort," the Aga Khan told Racing Post.

The Aga Khan family’s superb Sunday concluded with a thrilling victory by homebred Alandi in the 4,000-meter (19.88-furlong) Prix de Cadran (Fr-G1).

The grueling Longchamp test for Europe’s top stayers also was the swansong for record-setting four-time Gold Cup (Eng-G1) winner Yeats. Europe’s Cartier Award winner as champion stayer in 2006, ’07, and ’08, Yeats stalked the pace from second and attempted to shake free entering the straight.

The champion was challenged by Alandi and battled before giving way in deep stretch. Kasbah Bliss closed with a steady rush and took dead aim on Alandi, but the four-year-old Galileo (Ire) colt dug in gamely to prevail by a nose for the red-hot Aga Khan.

Trained by John Oxx, who also conditions superstar Arc de Triomphe winner Sea The Stars, Alandi completed the distance in 4:12.70. Stakes winner Aliya, by Darshaan, is the dam of Alandi.

Aga Khan homebreds swept the two-year-old Group 1s as Siyouni improved to four wins in six starts with a 1 1/2-length score in the Prix Jean-Luc Lagardere (Fr-G1) (Grand Criterium) and Rosanara powered to a two-length triumph in the Total Prix Marcel Boussac (Fr-G1) (Criterium des Pouliches) for two-year-old fillies.

Both Siyouni and Rosanara are trained by Alain de Royer-Dupre, who won three Group 1 races among five group stakes over the weekend.

Siyouni was produced by the stakes-winning Danehill mare Sichilla, a half sister to multiple Group 1 winner Slickly (Fr). A bay Pivotal colt, Siyouni completed 1,400 meters (6.96 furlongs) in 1:19.50 on turf rated as good.

Rosanara, unbeaten in two starts, is out of multiple stakes winner Rosawa, by Linamix. The Sinndar filly covered 1,600 meters (7.95 furlongs) in 1:37.20.

Later on Sunday’s card, Aga Khan homebred stakes winner Shalanaya handled a step up in class to defeat a strong field in the Qatar Petroleum Prix de l’Opera (Fr-G1) in her first start against older females. Unplaced in her only previous start in a group stakes, the three-year-old Lomitas (GB) filly won the Prix de l’Opera by 1 1/2 lengths under Maxime Guyon.

Trained by Mikel Delzangles, Shalanaya completed 2,000 meters (9.94 furlongs) in 2:01.80 on turf rated as good to improve to three wins in five starts. She is out of stakes-placed winner Shalamantika.

Group 3 winner Board Meeting finished second, followed by 2009 Blue Square Nassau Stakes (Eng-G1) winner Midday, runner-up in the Investec Epsom Oaks (Eng-G1).

Group 1 winner Alpine Rose finished fourth, last year’s Prix de l’Opera winner Lady Marian was sixth, and Irish classic winner Again finished seventh.

In addition to the Prix de la Foret, Aga Khan family homebreds Daryakana and Manighar won the Qatar Prix de Royallieu (Fr-G2) and Qatar Prix Chaudenay (Fr-G2), respectively, on Saturday.

The fifth Group 1 race on Sunday’s Arc undercard was the Qatar Prix de l’Abbaye de Longchamp (Fr-G1), a 1,000-meter (4.98-furlong) sprint that serves as a Breeders’ Cup Challenge “Win and You’re In” series qualifier for the Breeders’ Cup Turf Sprint on November 7 at the Oak Tree at Santa Anita Park meeting.

Total Gallery upset Fleeting Spirit (Ire) by a neck to nail down his first group stakes victory in the Prix de’ l’Abbaye, completing the distance in :55.10. The three-year-old Namid colt entered off a runner-up finish in the Dubai Duty Free World Trophy (Eng-G3). Trainer Stan Moore said Total Gallery probably will not race again this season.

Fleeting Spirit, fourth last year in the Breeders’ Cup Turf Sprint, remains on target for this year’s edition.

“She had a nightmare run and too much to do. I didn’t think she would make the ground up but there we go,” Fleeting Spirit’s part-owner, British Horseracing Authority chairman Paul Roy, said. “She’s so game and is likely to stay in training next year. Now I’d like to take on the boys in the Breeders’ Cup Sprint.”

Mike Curry is a Thoroughbred Times TODAY editor
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Admin

Post by Admin »

Arc day four-timer for Aga
Famous colours pick up for Group One wins at Longchamp

Last updated: 4th October 2009

The Aga Khan claimed a remarkable four Group One winners on Arc day at Longchamp with Rosanara, Siyouni, Shalanaya and Alandi all carrying the famous green and red colours to victory.

Amazingly, the four were saddled by three different trainers and ridden by four different jockeys and completed an appalling weekend for the hapless Christophe Lemaire, who missed all four rides to go with the four Group Ones and five winners in all on Saturday after injuring a shoulder just 24 hours earlier.

Christophe Soumillon teamed up with his former boss to get the run going in the Group One Prix Marcel Boussac on Rosanara.

The Belgian jockey, who was axed by the owner last month in favour of Lemaire, stepped in on the daughter of Sinndar and Soumillon, who himself only recovered from a fractured elbow on Saturday, had the filly in the perfect position to pounce turning into the straight.

And while the once-raced juvenile faltered slightly when hitting the front a furlong out, Soumillon drove the hot favourite to a clear-cut victory with On Verra and Joanna filling the minor honours.

Disappointment of the race was the Ballydoyle filly Cabaret, who drifted markedly in the betting and was beaten turning into the straight before being eased down by Johnny Murtagh.

"It's unbelievable, I'm in the sky right now and I don't want to come down," Soumillon said. "She is a great filly, but different to Zarkava and you must not make comparisons."

The Aga Khan said: "We were very happy to have Christophe back. We were waiting to see how he got on yesterday, but he seemed to be fine.

"The filly tripped up when she broke from the stalls, but she is not a difficult ride and we were really happy with her."
Double for the Aga

The Aga Khan and trainer Alain de Royre-Dupre went to complete a quick-fire Group One double when Siyouni landed the Prix Jean-Luc Lagardere.

This time it was veteran Gerard Mosse doing the steering over the seven furlong trip and like Soumillon before him gave the colt a perfect tactical ride, taking advantage of crowding in behind to win as he pleased.

The unbeaten Dick Turpin had no run at all in the straight and was shuffled back to last two furlongs out as Siyouni cruised upsides the John Gosden-trained Pounced and Andre Fabre's Lope De Vega.

And when Mosse pressed the button at the distance the race was over with daylight back to the front-running Pounced and Godolphin's staying-on Buzzword.

"He started off as a sprinter but as he matured, he started to cover more and more distance," the owner said.

"If you watch the race again, you will see the jockey pull him back two or three times to get him to settle before coming with a challenge.

"It is up to the trainer but I suppose he will go for one of the Guineas and a mile will not be a problem."

Shalanaya completes treble

The Aga Khan then made it a treble when Shalanaya stormed home in the Prix de l'Opera.

Trained on this occasion by Mikel Delzangles and ridden by young Maxime Guyon, the three-year-old was produced on the outside over a furlong out in another rough race on the Bois de Boulogne.

Henry Cecil's Midday was sent for home entering the straight after Again's effort came to nothing, but while the runs of Alpine Rose and Crystal Capella were compromised, Shalanaya enjoyed the simplest of passages.

The daughter of Lomitas came with a storming run to win going away at the end, with Board Meeting pipping Midday for the minor honours.

"It's quite amazing. She has an amazing heart and turn of foot and she has done a good job," reported the winning trainer.

"I can't say I was confident (she would get there) but I was confident of her quality."

And the four-timer was complete when John Oxx and Michael Kinane, fresh from Sea The Stars' thrilling triumph in the Arc, teamed up again to win the Prix du Cadran with Alandi.

Legendary stayer Yeats made an early bid for glory on his racecourse farewell but Kinane tracked the move, soon putting the four-time Ascot Gold Cup winner in his place.

Former crack hurdler Kasbah Bliss went in pursuit but nothing was going to deny the Aga Khan on this day, and the favourite was repelled close home as the line came just in time for the winner.

"He is a good horse and is very versatile regarding the ground," Oxx reported. "He can go on all types, and Mick was right about him.

"

He said on heavy he could win an Irish St Leger, and that he could win a Gold Cup on fast ground. I hope he can be a Cup horse for next year."
Admin

Post by Admin »

http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/truenick ... shine.aspx

The Aga Khan Stars Also Shine
Written by aporter | Oct 07, 2009

Sea the Stars has rightfully dominated the headlines from Europe but the other story of the weekend was the remarkable performance of horses bred and owned by the Aga Khan.

We'll start with the 2½ mile Prix du Cadran (gr. I), which went to Alandi (TrueNicks A), who is by Galileo out of the stakes winning Darshaan mare, Aliya, and is one of no less than five stakes winners bred on this precise cross. In direct female line, Alandi goes all the way back to the late Aga Khan foundation mare Mumtaz Mahal, a yearling purchase of 1922.

From the same branch of the Mumtaz Mahal family as the mighty Shergar (a half-brother to her granddam) comes the Prix de l'Opera (gr. I) winner Shalanaya. She is by the German Nijinsky II line horse, Lomitas (by Niniski), out of the Nashwan mare Shalamantika. This is a version of the Nijinsky II/Blushing Groom cross that has worked very well for Niniski sons over Nashwan, with three other stakes winners (rated A++).

In the seven furlong Prix de la Foret (gr. I), Varenar, benefitted from favorite Goldikova having chased a blistering early pace from the 14 hole. By Rock of Gibraltar (who also had an Australia grade I winner at the weekend) Varenar is out of the Mr. Prospector mare, Visor. She was a Lagardere import, and her dam is half-sister to ill-fated Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Belmont Stakes (gr. I) victor, Swale. This is also the family of Mr. Prospector's son, Forty Niner.

Aga-Khan breds also took both of the group I juvenile events on offer. The Prix Marcel Boussac (gr. I) went to Rosanara (TrueNicks A++), a daughter of Sinndar (an Aga Khan-bred who won the English and Irish Derbys and the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe) she is out of another Lagardere mare. This is Rosawa, a daughter of Lagardere's great sire, Linamix. Like many other Lagardere imports from the U.S., the family is a little light, but goes back to a good foundation, as Rosawa's third dam is Stellarette, a graded stakes winning daughter of the great tap-root mare, Kamar.

The two-year-old colts race, the appropriately-named Prix Jean-Luc Lagardere (gr. I) went to another product of a Lagardere family, Siyouni. He is by Pivotal out of Sichilla, by Danehill. Rated TrueNicks A+, Siyouni is the third group winner for Pivotal out of a Danehill mare, the others being Irish 1,000 Guineas (gr. I) victress, Saoire, and Buzzword, a group three winner, who finished third to Siyouni here.

An Aga Khan weekend winner with an entirely Lagardere pedigree is Manighar (by Linamix out of the Rubiano mare, Mintly Fresh). A brother to group winner Minatlya (TrueNicks rated A+), Manighar is another with a fairly light U.S. pedigree that goes back to a top-mare, in his case the fourth dam, Politely, winner of the Delaware Handicap, and two renewals of both the Matchmaker Stakes and Firenze Handicap.

Finally, we have Daryakana, winner of the Prix de Royallieu (gr. II), who is by Selkirk, out of the French Oaks winner, Daryaba, a daughter of Night Shift (TrueNicks A) from a Marcel Boussac family.
Admin

2012 Prix de l'Opera

Post by Admin »

http://espn.go.com/horse-racing/story/_ ... era-winner

Ridasiyna clear l'Opera winner
Updated: October 7, 2012, 2:31 PM ET
By Myra Lewyn | Bloodhorse

The Aga Khan's Ridasiyna rallied from well off the pace to collar Izzi Top in the final 200 meters and score a clear win the Qatar Prix de l'Opera on Oct. 7 at Longchamp.

With less than a quarter mile to run Izzi Top took charge from pacesetter Manieree, who set a strong early tempo, but Ridasiyna, who was fifth turning into the straight, rallied willingly on the far outside under Christophe Lemaire to reel in the leader and shake free to a 3 1/2-length victory.

Ridasiyna, a 3-year-old filly by Motivator, made amends for a fifth-place finish to Romantica in the Prix de la Nonette-Shadwell on Aug. 21 at Deauville after winning her first three starts by a combined 12 lengths. She has two other stakes wins on her record, including the Prix Chloe in her start prior to the Nonette.

Trained by Mikel Delzangles, Ridasiyna covered 1 1/4 miles (2,000 meters) in 2:11.13 on heavy turf to post her first group I win. She earned an automatic starting berth in the Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Turf Nov. 2 at Santa Anita Park via the Breeders' Cup Challenge "Win and You're In" series.

"She's a filly who need a good rhythm to her races and that was the key today," Delzangles told the Racing Post. "She was really relaxed today and that was the way she finished."

The Prix de l'Opera was the first win in a Group 1 double on the card for Delzangles, who also won the Qatar Prix du Cadran with Molly Malone.

The testing turf conditions took a toll on French Group 1 winner Giofra, who just missed catching Izzi Top for second. She finished third, a short neck behind the Irish Group 1 winner. French group I winner Galikova, a half sister to champion Goldikova, was never in contention and finished sixth in the 13-horse field.

French-bred Ridasiyna is out of the winning Darshaan mare Ridafa, whose five starters are all winners.
Admin

Post by Admin »

Admin

Post by Admin »

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-ra ... t7DaysNews

Ridasiyna storms to Opera success
By Bill Barber 2:44PM 7 OCT 2012

Report: Longchamp, Sunday
Prix de l'Opera (Group 1) 1m2f, 3yo+ fillies and mares

THE Aga Khan's Ridasiyna stormed to a clear-cut victory over Izzi Top in the Prix de l'Opera.

The Mikel Delzangles-trained filly was held up as Niall McCullagh and Manieree set a strong pace, Izzi Top and Ambivalent leading the rest of the pack a respectful distance behind.

Izzi Top took over two furlongs out and looked as if she had stolen a decisive advantage but Christophe Lemaire brought his mount with a strong run to reel her in inside the final furlong and go clear, passing the post three and a half lengths clear.

Delzangles said: "She's a filly who needs a good rythym to her races and that was the key today. She was really relaxed today and that was a big part of the way she finished."

Giofra stayed on well but just failed to catch Izzi Top for second.

Trainer John Gosden said of the runner-up: "She got blunted in the ground. It's very testing out there.

"She quickened up well in the Jean Romanet on the firm. She can handle this ground but it's not her favourite and the other filly just relished it. She was beaten fair and square by a filly that loved the ground.

"She might have one more race but not the Breeders' Cup."