Eve in Ginans?

Discussion on ginan meanings, history etc..
prince_visram

Eve in Ginans?

Post by prince_visram »

I have seen Adam refferenced in many different Ginans, but why not Eve? Do we believe in Eve or is Eve only in Christian Religion? I don't understand than how civilization started. I think I'm jumping to conclusions :shock: Please help :) Thanks
xxtrazing

eve

Post by xxtrazing »

Hi, Eve is referred to as Bibi Hawa in our
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">literature and is found in many of our waezs. I hope this answers your question.</P>
prince_visram

Re: eve

Post by prince_visram »

xxtrazing wrote:Hi, Eve is referred to as Bibi Hawa in our
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">literature and is found in many of our waezs. I hope this answers your question.</P>
Yes, she is listed in many of our religious books including the Quran, many waezes to talk of both Adam && Eve but correct me if I am wrong - in Ginans she is not heard of. Only Adam is spoken of in many Ginans, however I have not crossed a single Ginan that reffers to Eve..

Here are a few of Adam:

ejee jumale feerashte sujeedaa keeyaa, aadam sujeedaa leeyaa
ajaajeele farmaan na maanyaa, so lekhaa radaj keeyaa
......illaahee.......4

All the angels prostrated and Adam accepted their prostrations. Azazil did not obey
or follow the Farmaans and therefore annulled all his earnings completely.

Ginan: Aallah Ek Khasam Subukaa

Even the whole Ginan below refers to how Adam was created.. Notice how it does not mention Eve..

ejee sachaa meraa khaalaq sirjannhaar
aape upaayaa shaah dhandhukaar...............................1

My Creator who is the Creator of this universe is the Truth. He created by himself from the void.

ejee nabee muhammad khudaa kaa pyaaraa
nabee muhammad ku aayaa pukaaraa.............................2

Prophet Muhammad is the beloved of God. An angel visited Prophet Muhammad.

ejee ain pukaareku iyu(n) farmaayaa
chin maattee daa bhut sadhaayaa..............................3

The same angel was ordered to make the statue of Adam from sticky clay.

ejee bhut sadhaayaa tis ruh sadhaayaa
vann vann ruh is andhaar kotthee.............................4

Having created the statue, the soul was created (and was told) O soul! enter into this dark house.

ejee vahere baanaa e taaq tumaaraa
sachaa meraa khaalaq hamaaraa................................5

O brother! This is your abode and accept my Creator truly.

ejee sachaa meraa khaalaq bahesht ki jholee
ginaan mahaaras peer shams kee boli..........................6

My Creator who is the Truth, is indeed the sack of paradise. This ginaan which is full of wisdom is the speech of Peer Shams.

Please help guys I have had this question out for some time.. Just share your thoughts if possible.. Thankss!
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

You have listed only few Ginans whereas there are many Ginans. I think there is mention of Eve in Granth of Pir Sadardin Moman Chetavni. In the Granth, Pir has given details of the creation of this Universe. The explanatory translation of this Granth is in book Noor en Allah Noor.

Also, there is possibility that there might be mention of Eve in unpublished Ginans or Ginans that we don't have any more. According to Bhagat Kara Ruda more than 40 Syeds from the children of Holy Pirs had composed thousands of Ginans, most of which were lost with time.

Besides Ginans, Eve is also mentioned in Kalam of Syed Nasir Khusraw.
prince_visram

Post by prince_visram »

star_munir wrote:You have listed only few Ginans whereas there are many Ginans. I think there is mention of Eve in Granth of Pir Sadardin Moman Chetavni. In the Granth, Pir has given details of the creation of this Universe. The explanatory translation of this Granth is in book Noor en Allah Noor.

Also, there is possibility that there might be mention of Eve in unpublished Ginans or Ginans that we don't have any more. According to Bhagat Kara Ruda more than 40 Syeds from the children of Holy Pirs had composed thousands of Ginans, most of which were lost with time.

Besides Ginans, Eve is also mentioned in Kalam of Syed Nasir Khusraw.
Thanks, there is a possiblility that she is mensioned in unpublished Ginans could be possible, however, I don't think she is refered to in Moman Chetamni. I have read the entire granth (available here http://ismaili.net/heritage/node/13058 ).

If you can, please support your answer with a few verses of ginans that she is in (not Adam). My point is that I have never crossed Eve in Ginans but have seen the name Adam in several.
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

I have not said about moman chetamni of Syed Imam Shah...
I told about moman chetavni by Pir Sadardin. In this Granth Pir Sadardin has described the story of creation. The explanatory translation is given in book Noor en Allah Noor. This book is available in this website.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

star_munir wrote:I have not said about moman chetamni of Syed Imam Shah...
I told about moman chetavni by Pir Sadardin. In this Granth Pir Sadardin has described the story of creation. The explanatory translation is given in book Noor en Allah Noor. This book is available in this website.
Yes it is given there. You can reference it at:

http://ismaili.net/heritage/node/19741

Page 175 onwards....