kaho re pandito jiv kis ghat jata

Discussion on ginan meanings, history etc..
mAli1

kaho re pandito jiv kis ghat jata

Post by mAli1 »

yam, i am trying to find the translation of the ginan " kaho re pandito jiv kis ghar jata" i could not find it in the list of ginans. so if someone can find the meaning of it. thanks
prince_visram

Re: kaho re pandito jiv kis ghat jata

Post by prince_visram »

mAli1 wrote:yam, i am trying to find the translation of the ginan " kaho re pandito jiv kis ghar jata" i could not find it in the list of ginans. so if someone can find the meaning of it. thanks
The text is as follows, could not find translation. If someone can translate that would be great:

Kahore pindh to jiv kis ghar jaata
Author: Pir Sadardin
Source: bhg5-067 - 600 Ginans published by: Recreation Club Institute, Bombay, Khoja Sindhi Printing Press, 1934
verses: 10

Eji Kahore pind to jiv kis ghar jaataa;
sabd atit anhad rahetaa 1

Eji Je man maannso pere jaanne;
gungaare saakar kiyaare vakhaanne 2

Eji Man ne pavan vache sukhmannaa naaddi;
esaa ginaan kantho man vaari 3

Eji Gangaa ne jamnaa gor ulatti vahi jaave;
bin jal sangam aa man 4

Eji Sam karo lochan dhradd vahevaaraa;
to jaanno muman tame ehi vichaaraa 5

Eji Sohi Gur karie je aur na karannaa;
sohi jaanp janpie jo bonn na janpannaa 6

Eji Sohi kartav karieji jo aur na karannaa;
sudhaa hokar marieji jo bonn na marannaa 7

Eji Har bolo Har bolo munivar jano;
harke charann chint laavo ek man 8

Eji Ek sabd-thi bhavsaagar tarie;
teh japantaa aaras nav karie 9

Eji Bhanne Pir Sadardin sunno gat soiyaa;
Sat Gur viniyaa mugat na hoy 10
[/b][/b]
mAli1

Post by mAli1 »

thanks, i hope someone can translate it.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

The translation below is taken from Ginans Vol 4, English Translation by Yasmin Sher Ali and compiled by Kamaluddin/Zarina Muhammad,

1. 0 sages ! say where will the soul go ? Ism-e-Azam (the great name) continues from eternity.

2. 0 brother! the heart which is delighted with it alone knows it. How will the dumb praise sugar ?

3. .0 brother! the sukhmana vein lies between the heart and the breath. Control the heart and relate such facts of knowledge to it.

4. 0 brother! Ganga and Jamna are quickly flowing backwards, without acquiring water the heart bathes.

5. 0 brother! level both eyes and be firm in dealings, then 0 believer! contemplate upon these facts.

6. 0 brother! keep such a guide that you do not have to keep another one and remember his name in such a manner that you do not have to remember again.

7. O brother! perform such deeds that you do not have to perform them again and be so pure and die that you do not have to die again.

8. O brother! 0 believer! remember the name of Hazrat Ali (a.s) again and again. At the feet of Hazrat Ali (a.s) concentrate and bring your heart.

9. 0 brother! the one word which can take you across the ocean of life, do not be slothful in remembering it.

10. 0 brother! Pir Sadardin (r.a) says: 0 Gat Jamat listen to this fact: without the true spiritual guide there will be no salvation.
mAli1

Post by mAli1 »

Thanks so much Karim Bhai. Your help is very much appreciated.
shafin.damani

Kahore Pandit..chorus?

Post by shafin.damani »

In this ginan i hear a chorus i believe its:

Ali bolo Ali bolo munivar jano;
Ali ke charann chinta laavo ek man

I believe its verse 8 of the ginan

Its recited after every verse, can someone confirm this or am i just hearing things.

kmaherali

Re: Kahore Pandit..chorus?

Post by kmaherali »

shafin.damani wrote:In this ginan i hear a chorus i believe its:

Ali bolo Ali bolo munivar jano;
Ali ke charann chinta laavo ek man

I believe its verse 8 of the ginan

Its recited after every verse, can someone confirm this or am i just hearing things.

That is correct. The word Har has been changed to Ali and verse 8 is repeated after every 2-3 verses.